Server Transfer killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Andiana.6381

Andiana.6381

Title really says it all, but with every big guild abandoning their servers, (such as mine) this game is going to go the way of WAR very soon… dead servers, leaving player base…

something needs to be done to sort this out

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

I would tend to agree.
‘My’ server did really well once, then week battles and night capping came in and the first fair weather guilds left.
Now more just leave and …. well, the trend is very clear.

Seems WvW is only for a select few servers now – so guess it’s time to find another server as well if wanting to WvW.
And if you don’t want to leave, WvW will be an occasional fight with a lot more of PvDoor activity.

(edited by Xandax.1753)

in WvW

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

They’ve nerfed server transfers twice now. Once so that they had 24 hr cooldown, and now with a 168 hr cooldown, right?

Which s’posedly was the one thing killing wvw and now it’s all perfect.

Yep.

in WvW

Posted by: Cries.1263

Cries.1263

Correct me if I’m wrong but arent we able to exchange gold to gems? Seeing as how gems are used to transfer from server to server wouldnt it be possible (after all the free transfers are ceased by Anet of course/future tense) for flat leaver/star kitteners to leave the loosing server for the winning server each week anyway? I mean lets face it, yes, “free” transfers makes it EASIER to transfer. However, when you have a flat leaver you have a flat leaver. Disabling transfers may slow the rate at which people jump ship to be on the “winning” side but it wont significantly detour or stop it completely.

Chars: Shi No Sakebi / Hisui Usagi
Server: Maguuma…it’s…interesting…

(edited by Cries.1263)

in WvW

Posted by: KnightFire.2597

KnightFire.2597

I disagree the 7 day transfer has actually helped WvW. Guilds have to commit for at least one week to which ever server they’re on.

Perfect example is the first week of battle between Vizunah Square, Arborstone and Desolation.
The first week big guilds from each of the French servers were able flip flopping between servers on a daily basis and were able to beat Desolation and keep their monopoly of the tier 1 bracket.
The next week came and they had a 7 day transfer window which means they all had to commit to one server and Arborstone got smashed and moved down to tier 2.

Dark Knightfire – Thief | Kal Knightfire – Warrior | Spoiler Knightfire – Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

Let me tell you our Story (Ruins of Surmia)

We were a small server from the start, already had few people but some good guilds, but then midway the first 1 week battle they all transferred away to Vabbi, That was the first exodus. Because of that more people left, it caused a snowball effect. There were already few ppl in PvE , but after this there were even less, and then the PvE’rs left, this was the second exodus. There are still people leaving everyday, but not as much anymore. There were small guilds left in the server, and not even 1 medium sized WvW oriented guild. We got together and got some organisations, slowly our numbers are growing.

We didn’t actually have many people transfer to our Server. Some did but then left again, only the tough ones chose to stick, and those weren’t many.

So the results we have now are the ones we fought for ourselves.

Sure the server transfer ruined us before but the tough people chose to stick and those are the ones you can count on. Even if some people transfer again, we won’t be having the same problems anymore. We will rise again!

Therefore, you should stop whining and stop relying on the bandwagonners. And do something about it yourselves.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Server transfers are not the problem, they never have been.

You can’t expect people to stay in a situation they are not enjoying. People will either transfer away or they will quit.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

Server transfers are killing WvWvW.

They need to have a much longer wait on transfers. Something like one month, maybe even two months.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

As I said, if you made them 1 month long. People would just quit, they’re not going to stay fighting on a server they’re not enjoying.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Dragonbrand used to be rank 7. We are now rank 16 after weeks of being obliterated after many wvwvw focused guilds left for the greener pastures.

Finally this week, we have had really impressive matchup. The day game is truly a blast with back and forth combat between Dragonbrand, Northern Shiverpeaks and Sorrow’s Furnace. The only inequality is that Dragonbrand has a stronger night time presence.

It’s almost perfect in where we are now. The matches are great fun. (Maybe I am a little biased since we are winning overall, but even when we have lost locations I had a great time…)

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.