Server Transfer prices based on WvW rating?

in WvW

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

Q:

Just had this idea, figured I would share because I love to impose my opinion on people.

Example:

2000+ rating: Locked
1800-1999: 1800 Gems
1500-1799: 1500 Gems
1200-1499: 1200 Gems
1199 and below: 900 Gems

Thought? Concerns?

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Looks logical, therefore, it must be wrong. Back to the drawing board for you.

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

Since sPvP shares one queue, and you can guest to any server for PvE, I think it would only makes sense to base the cost of swapping servers on the only factor that would make you swap: wvw.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

pipe dream

father knows best, and this isnt best

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

junglizm.5843

Maybe I should have suggested the reverse? Higher prices for lower ranks? Screw plugging the holes in this sinking ship, lets make more holes!

twitch.tv/junglizm

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I like this idea, although the ratings would have to be adjusted for EU servers given that none of them are rated over 2k.

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

the PvErs won’t be pleased

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

You can fully PVE on any server you want. I don’t see what they even have the do with it.

in WvW

junglizm.5843

You can fully PVE on any server you want. I don’t see what they even have the do with it.

To be fair, what is the reasoning? With the respect of open honest discussion, what would be the potential repercussions for PvE?

twitch.tv/junglizm

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

youre server will keep losing organized guilds, and you cant do anything to stop it

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Take a look at the ratings of EU
http://mos.millenium.org/eu

No server has over 2000 rating at the moment. And if you ask from players of SFR they are afraid their server will become over stacked: crazily long queues to access WvWvW. Piken Square, which is EU rank 3, but under 1900 points, is just a medium load server, but their prime time is very full and as more guilds just transferred there I can imagine the queues.

I think the transfer cost to <900 rating servers should free (they need the biggest help in WvWvW). But I seriously doubt Arenanet will implement this as they want to make $$$ with gems.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

You might get servers that intentionally tank their rating to get out of being locked (T1 servers).
And what would happen if a server has a low rating but it’s full (population-wise)? Servers have population caps for a reason.

in WvW

junglizm.5843

You might get servers that intentionally tank their rating to get out of being locked (T1 servers).
And what would happen if a server has a low rating but it’s full (population-wise)? Servers have population caps for a reason.

Lower the threshold to 1800 or 1700. To be honest, no one at or above these rating needs transfers anyway. I don’t think a server above 1800 could intentionally tank themselves below 1700 by virtue of the fact that their public militia should at least be able to sustain them that high for many weeks.

twitch.tv/junglizm

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I’ve suggested a similar idea, based on population but I like your idea much better because it actually goes off of the raw wvw performance. I’m all for this. I would even make the gem difference between each tier more to help promote transfers.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

junglizm.5843

Yea it is all relative to what the professionals with all the behind the scenes data(Anet) would work out, but the main point i think is that Population based transfers are pretty much meh. The bulk of their xfer income I would think comes from WvW guilds, so they should balance it as such.

twitch.tv/junglizm