Server jumping multiple rank positions

in WvW

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Can someone tell me what was the determining factor in HOD jumping from 12th rank in week #6 to 9th in week #7?

The only reason I ask is because the matchup is completely onesided and it makes me really not feel like playing the game anymore.

HOD went for over a year moving 1 position, up or down. Why did we jump 3 spots overnight?

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

BG

in WvW

Reanne.5462

That doesnt really answer my question, I got my information from the millenium.org site, so sending me a link to it is really not helpful.

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Then you need to work on making your question much more clear than what you asked.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

There are a few factors for why HoD jumped from rank 12 to rank 9:

• Last week, rank 9 – 12 servers all had extremely close Glicko scores (Glicko score determines rank). And #8 was pretty close as well. So HoD at #12 was very close to the #8 server despite being 4 ranks apart.
  • HoD did well in its matchup last week so the Glicko increased.
  • To determine the actual match rank a random factor is added/subtracted in which determines the matches.
  • Even though the #7 server has much higher Glicko, they must be matched with someone. So two of #8 -12 are going to get put with them each week and you all drew the lucky straw.

I don’t want to depress you but for tonight, Rank 8 – 11 all have extrememly close Glicko. And HoD is one of them. So you may end up against the #7 server again. Just depends on the random element added in.

I am also in one of those servers. But I actually would prefer going up against #7 than having the match we had this week against two servers way too far below us and we just steamrolled them all week.

If you end up in a match like that just ignore the score. Despite losing the match I actually find better fights and have more fun when getting steamrolled rather than doing the steamrolling.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Reanne.5462

When I originally looked at the rankings, I was genuinely suprised to see HOD so close to the top, I mean having 15 servers below us, and I feel as though even our BLs have pretty skimpy coverage… What is going on beneath us?

If there are servers with very close ‘glicko’ ratings, it sounds like we should be perfect matchs for each other, and yet there always seems to be a server dominating the other 2.

(edited by Reanne.5462)

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

When I originally looked at the rankings, I was genuinely suprised to see HOD so close to the top, I mean having 15 servers below us, and I feel as though even our BLs have pretty skimpy coverage… What is going on beneath us?

If there are servers with very close ‘glicko’ ratings, it sounds like we should be perfect matchs for each other, and yet there always seems to be a server dominating the other 2.

There are 4 tier two servers at the moment. Whoever is in T3 will be steamrolled no matter what. To further elaborate, the rating between the #7 server (the supposed top of t3) and the #8 server (2nd place in t3) is over 300. Once DH comes up we might be able to see closer matches.

As for why you are jumping rating: the answer is simple. HoD did a lot better than expected against the #7 server, SoS. That’s not to say they won though, they just did better than the system expected them. SoS is 300 rating over HoD, so there was almost no way they were going to move up unless they really really stomped you guys.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Reanne.5462

Ok now that it has been made quite clear that their is a large disparity between #7 and #8, and #7 needs someone to match up against. Wheres that WVW Forum supervisor guy at so we know that he has logged this and maybe can get anet to try to find a solution to the issue. (that sounds ruder than I want it to…)

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

It has been this way for months…. Poor nsp – ioj got pounded forever. Not sure if ioj was poached (think so) or just tanked to get out of that mess (makes sense) or a little bit of both….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

It may be one sided but the fact that you guys are doing better than NSP means you guys belong in the mess that is T3 now. DH also belongs there instead of NSP.

in WvW

Reanne.5462

Well aren’t I the idiot, I had no idea HOD was so awesome – Anet feels since we kicked Sea of Sorrows kitten so well, they matched us up with Yaks! everyone should jump on the HOD bandwagon, we’re movin on up…

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

Well aren’t I the idiot, I had no idea HOD was so awesome – Anet feels since we kicked Sea of Sorrows kitten so well, they matched us up with Yaks! everyone should jump on the HOD bandwagon, we’re movin on up…

HOD Leached off NSP, not SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Alphabet.7392

Alphabet.7392

Ok now that it has been made quite clear that their is a large disparity between #7 and #8, and #7 needs someone to match up against. Wheres that WVW Forum supervisor guy at so we know that he has logged this and maybe can get anet to try to find a solution to the issue. (that sounds ruder than I want it to…)

There is little Anet can do about the current situation of T2, the fact is the top 7 servers in NA have WvW populations far beyond what any server below them can take on, probably even with double teams. You cannot forcibly destack any server, the players must make those decisions themselves.

HoD
Lyyneheim

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

When a server is placed in a tier they don’t belong, it makes the game simply no fun for any one. I feel so bad for t3 server. When it is that lopsided, all the pve players jump in the mix for map completion. That just adds insult to injury. The one server that would do somewhat ok if they went up a tier is yb. They turtle so bad, and find great enjoyment hiding behind TONS of siege and especially Arrow carts.

We call them the arrow cart server.

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

HOD Leached off NSP, not SoS

Since SoS actually lost glicko in our matchup, not gained, technically we ate the glicko from both.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

So HoD. At some point this week both of us (I’m SBI) should get together and try to take YB Waypointed T3 Bay or Gari.

It will be a glorious battle.

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

So HoD. At some point this week both of us (I’m SBI) should get together and try to take YB Waypointed T3 Bay or Gari.

It will be great if you do otherwise its a boring week for us. We will be happy to move back to T2 where we belong given our coverage.

Props to you all for showing up despite being lopsided.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Sounds like fun. I’m in. YB loves to waypoint our keeps (It’s been a long-time thing between DK and us, dating back to S2 when DK swore he’d waypoint and hold our BL for the entire last week and we took it all back in a few hours).

It apparently upset him so much that he glitched into our citadel and destroyed all our omegas. I know I’ve heard people say he’s sorry for doing it and blah blah blah but it’s not like he’s ever hit up our shoutbox or whispered the person who spent half their day building those omegas to say it or anything. Not even a post in the unofficial forums — he’s left that to NotRealDK who, frankly, is a total jerk.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

You will all die miserably in a rain of arrows and putrid cow guts :P

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Sadly you are probably right. How many ACs you got in there?

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

It has been this way for months…. Poor nsp – ioj got pounded forever. Not sure if ioj was poached (think so) or just tanked to get out of that mess (makes sense) or a little bit of both….

IOJ wasn’t poached I don’t think… All it took was for a server to superstack itself into t2, destroying t3 completely and forcing many t3 refugees to move to t2 of which they say we destroy thier game mode by leaving t3 and further stacking t2…

STACKCEPTION.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

IOJ wasn’t poached I don’t think… All it took was for a server to superstack itself into t2, destroying t3 completely and forcing many t3 refugees to move to t2 of which they say we destroy thier game mode by leaving t3 and further stacking t2…

STACKCEPTION.

IoJ was definitely poached. 4 guilds to FA, 1 to mag to revive PYRO and magswag.
~100 regular wvwders + 2 offhours coverage raid guilds bought up by T2, made the difference to drop us from T3 to the top of T5

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

STACKCEPTION.

IoJ was definitely poached. 4 guilds to FA, 1 to mag to revive PYRO and magswag.
~100 regular wvwders + 2 offhours coverage raid guilds bought up by T2, made the difference to drop us from T3 to the top of T5

I’ll rephrase:

How is it considered poaching if people decided to leave after months of broken match ups?
My thoughts on poaching is party A asking Party B to move with incentives added….(in terms of gw2)

T3 is broken, I was on IOJ and like the other 10 or so that met me in t2, they left because it was broken, not because anyone had poached, but because we all wanted a better experience… And we paid with our own money.

….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Welcome to Tier 2.5! You can have NSP’s spot, lol. I much prefer the t4 match.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Pretty sure someone posted threads of a T2 server inquiring about “assisting” hundreds of ioj to join them. That effort as 1 mass transfer maybe went no where and may have been in jest, but maybe some guilds inquired back?

Not that I blame anyone for leaving the mess (tier – not the server)

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Sadly you are probably right. How many ACs you got in there?

I’m not even in the matchup, I’m just here for the sauce. Stock up on disablers, omegas and sup trebs guys!(I’m not even joking)

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Hamster.4861

yeah, sephiroth you deff missed out on a free xfer to T2.

Being able to pay your own way is nice, but we definitely had someone approach us and say, “we’ve got 80,000 gold, and we’d like to buy your community. Everyone.”

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Being able to pay your own way is nice, but we definitely had someone approach us and say, “we’ve got 80,000 gold, and we’d like to buy your community. Everyone.”

I don’t know which T2 server you’re talking about, but if its YB I can assure you that its false.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Hamster.4861

I don’t know which T2 server you’re talking about, but if its YB I can assure you that its false.

definitely was FA.

in WvW

Posted by: mist.9807

mist.9807

Sounds like fun. I’m in. YB loves to waypoint our keeps (It’s been a long-time thing between DK and us, dating back to S2 when DK swore he’d waypoint and hold our BL for the entire last week and we took it all back in a few hours).

It apparently upset him so much that he glitched into our citadel and destroyed all our omegas. I know I’ve heard people say he’s sorry for doing it and blah blah blah but it’s not like he’s ever hit up our shoutbox or whispered the person who spent half their day building those omegas to say it or anything. Not even a post in the unofficial forums — he’s left that to NotRealDK who, frankly, is a total jerk.

I actually know the guy who built the golems – I was in his guild. And despite popular assumption, DK did send our guild gold as compensation. [Unless of course we’re talking about two different instances =p]

As for those wanting to take our keeps idk. Last time I was there none of them really had any siege. In fact, HoD’s keeps have more siege than ours – granted they belong to YB but that’s besides the point.

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I actually know the guy who built the golems – I was in his guild. And despite popular assumption, DK did send our guild gold as compensation. [Unless of course we’re talking about two different instances =p]

As for those wanting to take our keeps idk. Last time I was there none of them really had any siege. In fact, HoD’s keeps have more siege than ours – granted they belong to YB but that’s besides the point.

It was two separate instances then. The golems that were destroyed that day were built by myself and Lollie, a woman and one of our resident BL defenders and one of the nicest people you’d ever meet. She was crushed when they were destroyed. I was just angry, really.

I’m not even in the matchup, I’m just here for the sauce. Stock up on disablers, omegas and sup trebs guys!(I’m not even joking)

Trust me, I know. It’s not the just the first or even second time we’ve fought YB and perhaps not the last. It’s gonna be interesting alright. The rain of AC fire alone should be epic.

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

It was two separate instances then. The golems that were destroyed that day were built by myself and Lollie, a woman and one of our resident BL defenders and one of the nicest people you’d ever meet. She was crushed when they were destroyed. I was just angry, really.

Trust me, I know. It’s not the just the first or even second time we’ve fought YB and perhaps not the last. It’s gonna be interesting alright. The rain of AC fire alone should be epic.

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

haha yer I literally found out about an hour ago that people were bought and offered gold to move about 2 weeks after we came up..

No love for the roamers, only big guilds

….. And Elementalist.