Server merges for low-pop WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

And transfers kill servers too… And transfers are not long term solutions to bigger problems…

Yet a server merge is just another word for forced transfer.

The only difference between a server merge and transfer is that people currently get to choose whether or not they transfer, whereas the merge that some people are begging for takes away that choice.

Server merges are not long term solutions to bigger problems…

Not once did I say server “merging”, I was talking about wvw being like megaserver. You stay on your home server but get zapped to mega red, mega blue or mega green.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Edge_of_the_Mists#Match_Up

Also…

“Edge of the Mists is a World versus World map. Its purpose is to act as an extra map for players who wish to play the World versus World format and continue earning rewards even when the official maps are full and has a separate achievement category. Edge of the Mists serves as a testing ground for the new features that may be introduced to WvW, and already provides a new style of gameplay on the floating islands connected by destructible bridges.”

Things will change, megaservers for wvw are coming and the focus will be on winning rewards for your color and guild stuff…

The focus will be on personal rewards and karma trains just like it is in eotm right now.
Do you really think anyone is saying, “C’mon guys we are the red team! We are so much better than blue and green!”
Right now with the HoT changes we are listening to WvW’s death rattle, switching to a megaserver would be the final nail in the coffin.

Nah, it would condense people better and be more exciting to run around. I mean you peeps can be in denial all you want, but I know these changes will be coming.

eotm is packed for many reasons, of course the devs are going to model wvw after it in ways.

Also, the loot and karma isn’t great, there are much more “lucrative” activities for that stuff.

If they turn EotM into THE WvW it will change. It won’t be nonstop KTrains, and the current EotM KTrainers will flip out. You start putting more, and better organized WvW guilds into the EotM map, and there will be such an outcry that it will crash this forum.

As it stands now if one decent-sized WvW-oriented guild enters map it kills the other two sides and they abandon ship. Imagine if that were far more commonplace. Hmmm kinda sounds fun tbh.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

You misunderstand what I’m talking about.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

“3. Side keeps in borderlands can no longer be capped with a single set of catas for both walls.”

Yes they can. Study your map, look for the cracked walls, and you’ll find the spots. Or you’ll see my catas after I take your place. (I +1’d your post anyway for the rest of the excellent points).

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I’m still wondering why some servers are “full” when they are clearly lacking a full wvw population. Wasn’t Anet going to base server pop entirely on wvw participation?

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I’m still wondering why some servers are “full” when they are clearly lacking a full wvw population. Wasn’t Anet going to base server pop entirely on wvw participation?

Fairly sure the status is not based on few last days only but somewhere around month maybe. And surely many players have logged into wvw during last month, even if it was to check the new maps out. HoT hasnt been out for full month yet so the status could reflect situation before HoT release.