Server re-link

Server re-link

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Can we please do server re-links or something? To keep things fresh? Because right now tier lock is really kittening making the match ups boring. With the server links or merge I was thinking a lot of serversleep moving up and down shuffling a lot but these tier locks are making the match up pale especially in lower tier

Server re-link

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Can we fix server populations too please?

I got a few people onto Maguuma recently but they had to go through DR to get here.

Or if Re-link happens, give players who transferred in this time a choice to play on linked servers, so say if you came to DR, after re-link you could chose DR or Mag.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Server re-link

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Can we please do server re-links or something? To keep things fresh? Because right now tier lock is really kittening making the match ups boring. With the server links or merge I was thinking a lot of serversleep moving up and down shuffling a lot but these tier locks are making the match up pale especially in lower tier

It usually helps when you mention which server you are playing in, since there is not “tier locks” as far I can see. In every match after the WvW beta we have had completely different servers to fight.

Server re-link

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

That will be troublesome, relinking means people who transfer to guest server as a alternative way to “join up” the guild will be isolated again. Though I believe they can go to the support to get refund for it but still troublesome.

To topic, I think the T4 servers can get away by linking additional lowest 3 population servers, since anet says they can link as many together as they want and T4 isn’t packed.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Server re-link

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

That will be troublesome, relinking means people who transfer to guest server as a alternative way to “join up” the guild will be isolated again. Though I believe they can go to the support to get refund for it but still troublesome.

To topic, I think the T4 servers can get away by linking additional lowest 3 population servers, since anet says they can link as many together as they want and T4 isn’t packed.

Yes something like this would be nice for t4 servers. I feel like upper tier server have way more action which makes sense but can we please do something about t4?

Server re-link

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Which is why I say they should have merged the kitten servers and be done with it. No re-link kitten. There is a cost in server identity, but lowering the amount of tiers had to be done on the current matchup system.

Yeah people complain now with what basicly amount to “on my dead server I used to be able to run around alone and PvD in primetime but now I have to fight players, booooo” arguments against being with a larger server, but imagine what happens when half your low pop linked server has joined guilds on the high pop server and then they get ripped apart? It’s gonna crush both people and guilds.

For new people it’s even worse. They wont even knew what hit them. Start the game, pick a random server, join WvW and join/start a great guild without knowing the link structure… and then you find the guild will soon be dead because you are on the “wrong” server and the other is full.

But hey if Anet have the guts to take that away from players and deal with the fallout, I guess kudos to them. Either way you look at it, low pop servers will be Anets punching bags.

Wait come to think about, no one transfer there! Dont want them to become populated and knock one of the real servers down to punching bag status.