Server rivalries

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Thinking while watching and participating in the back and forth between BP and EB, it made me wonder, which servers have rivalries with each other, good or bad? Go ahead and state who your server has a rivalry with, it’ll be nice to see the relationships between servers.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Dietere.3476

Dietere.3476

A while back Kaineng hated Devona’s Rest.

Now Kaineng just hates Kaineng… Because, well, it’s Kaineng. We are quite mean to each other in WvW, unfortunately. We are no longer good enough to have a legit rivalry with anyone.

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

I think we have a rivalry with everyone. It seems nobody likes SBI. =(
If I had to pick our number 1 nemesis at the moment though, that would be a tough pick… probably either FA, YB, or EB.
I must say, I’m really looking forward to our next matchup with EBay… the payback will be wonderful, it may be best for EB to stay out of WvW and do PvE that week. =)

~Tarnished Coast~

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Shonie, I don’t think we’ll be fighting you for quite a while. If we do, I’ll be surprised. If anything, we may not take it seriously since there’s nothing to gain from your defeat, unlike our previous match with you guys when what we were able to gain was enough ranking to basically tie with BP for 4th. Though part of that had to do with the fact that you guys reminded us way too much of BP, and we can’t stand them.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Everyone hates maguuma.

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

SoR and BG I think, would be the longest lasting rivalry

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

JQ and SBI are longtime rivals as well, although it’s been a while since we faced them.
I think JQ-SBI were one of original first few rivalries if people can remember back that far.

~Tarnished Coast~

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

BG and SoRs rivalry is probably the most vocal one out there

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The way players transfer, a large chunk of the population on JQ used to be on SBI. There is very little server loyalty in GW2. The way WvW was designed, guilds just transfer to wherever they think they will win (or stay “relevant”). The top three servers might change, but the players and guilds on them don’t.

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Used to be. But alas, people haved moved on.

It’s hard to be a rivalry when one side clearly dominates the other.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

You must be new then.

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Used to be. But alas, people haved moved on.

It’s hard to be a rivalry when one side clearly dominates the other.

Meh it used to be, and that was kinda my point. Should have said was instead of is, meh.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

(edited by Tarkus.4109)

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

SF was the SBI ( bad guy) of bronze league

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Elthuzar.9478

Elthuzar.9478

I dunno what you’re talking about I love you guys.

>.< Love to hate.. I mean I love to hate you guys.

Just kidding though. I really don’t give a kitten about other servers… you’re all red to me.

The Painted Norn of [WILD]We Intercept Lost Dolyaks

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

HoD vs NSP/ET was the most entertaining one, IMO.

Server rivalries

in WvW

Reverence.6915

I dunno what you’re talking about I love you guys.

>.< Love to hate.. I mean I love to hate you guys.

Just kidding though. I really don’t give a kitten about other servers… you’re all red to me.

We love to hate you too <3. Please recover quicker!

Beastgate | Faerie Law

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: NinjaRobot.4635

NinjaRobot.4635

NSP rivalry use to be with HOD but its been so long that its dead now. I think our current rivalry is with ANET. Looks like 7 weeks in a row of getting mopped wasn’t enough. They need to extend it some more. I wonder what a competitive matchup looks like?

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

During my time on IoJ the funnest and most frustrating rivalries were:

IoJ vs Dr
IoJ vs DH ( god so many months with you guys)
IoJ vs NSP

Now on my current server well… we dont got much friends lol

SBI vs FA, YB, EBay, and i think the older one was with BP

Commander Nachonix

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Mirah.5613

Mirah.5613

FA & TC (maybe add a lil of DB) from those 12 weeks the matchups never changed…

Ash – [RET] Guardian – FA
#poopootiem

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: elitegamerz.4965

elitegamerz.4965

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

HoD and ET might be one. They clashed so much in the early T1 days and then both fell to the last rank servers around the same time. Indeed HoD has pretty much always defeated ET but still these 2 servers have fought each other almost every week until the RNG came into place.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

SBI here

Early on was with JQ and SoS – friendly rivalry

After the fall it was with BP – not so friendly rivalry

Now probably will develop with FA since they seem to be closest to us in strength but greater population/coverage so that we can’t win a match against them currently

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Siroso.2769

Siroso.2769

Pretty sure Tarnished Coast and Fort Aspenwood have one of the greatest rivalries – with such clear backstory!

It’s a well known fact that TC’ers love our Dolyaks, always protecting them with love – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChG0_ThxdJc.

Then some FA supposedly ganked the Dolyak parade, at the height of its popularity (see some of the story here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/14u07l/death_of_a_dolyak_love_and_tragedy_in_wvw/)… in response Commander Jadon and some of our other great commanders at that time destroyed FA for the rest of the week! Good times, good times.

But mainly, FA is TC’s great rival because they fight harder than anyone else, and are always determined to beat us – the two servers bring out the best and worst in each other for sure.

<— Broskies /Lulzranger

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

There is definitely a strong rivalry between the german servers in EU. Relative Ranking between Elona, Kodash and Riverside is definite more important to each of them than absolute rank in EU, especially now that Elona lost the dominance it had for a year.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: roxybudgy.8205

roxybudgy.8205

I’m from Ehmry Bay, and as someone who works full time, I don’t play as much as I would like to, so I am mainly limited to playing on weekend evenings, but throughout the week I satisfy my GW2 cravings by reading both the official forums and Ehmry Bay’s forums (mainly the WvW subforums).

There certainly is a sort of rivalry between Ehmry Bay and Borlis Pass, which I believe was born out of the constant match ups we had, where BP were our strongest rival (and Anvil Rock seemed like a background character or bystander). Everyone wants to see their server win, and that naturally results in rivalry. So when you are frequently matched up against certain servers, one can’t help but feel an even stronger desire to defeat that server.

And similar to what someone from BP posted in our current matchup thread, I believe noone has the right to speak on behalf of a server. I used to be proud of the fact that Ehmry Bay rarely trash-talked on the official forums, so it’s sad to see it pop up more and more lately.

Back to rivalry… my brother used to play on Sea of Sorrows, so as a bit of sibling rivalry, I looked forward to seeing a matchup between Ehmry Bay and Sea of Sorrows. But by the time that matchup happened, my brother had already transferred to Blackgate (and he is now on Sanctum of Rall).

Side note: reading all the drama about the Ehmry Bay alliance is laughable. If there was an alliance, my guild were either not informed or completely ignored it.

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

In EU, Ruins of Surmia and Gunnar’s Hold had epic rivalry when I was still in RoS. It was before the new matchmaking system and GH guys were a bit bitter when RoS came to their tier and beat them in it after we got some new guilds from T1. That was some good WvW.

Golden times.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

FA – TC for sure. We have cool RP-related backstories and histories to go with it too.

Plus it’s starting to look like the two servers are starting to look really competitive score-wise (FA is coming out super strong after leagues), so that’s something. The best rivalries are between evenly matched adversaries.

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

There is definitely a strong rivalry between the german servers in EU. Relative Ranking between Elona, Kodash and Riverside is definite more important to each of them than absolute rank in EU, especially now that Elona lost the dominance it had for a year.

True. It’s even worse now since all 3 servers were about equally strong this season. Greetings from Riverside.

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

So which rivalry is the greatest?

The greatest rivalry would have to involve more than just forum squabbling. It would have an awesome origin story, highlights during the rivalry, and an epic conclusion (unless it’s ongoing).

Any rivalries like that?

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

I do not think this game has true server rivalries. The matchup system is too RNG and the players move around too much.

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: gabal.4520

gabal.4520

There was a great rivalry between Piken Square, Augury Rock and Gandara dating back from when we played three amazing consecutive matches last December. It kinda died after Russian guilds transfered to Piken and destroyed balanced matchups we had.

Now Gandara and Aurora Glade have a great relationship – we both have similar playstyle with lots of roaming groups so it is always a joy to fight each other…

Infidelija, boatswain of Bloody Pirates [YARR], lvl 80 elementalist
hobby: busting Trebuchettes
Gandara server

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

Lol i remember those few weeks, it was mostly a good natured rivalry. It wasn’t any guilds that transferred to us it was our original guilds that came back from their xmas breaks, at that time we relied so much on them an it was felt by us when they all broke up for the 2/3 weeks over xmas. We in Piken still look back fondly on that matchup, so many good guilds on all 3 servers.

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

Server rivalries

in WvW

Reverence.6915

So which rivalry is the greatest?

The greatest rivalry would have to involve more than just forum squabbling. It would have an awesome origin story, highlights during the rivalry, and an epic conclusion (unless it’s ongoing).

Any rivalries like that?

FA/TC has one like that. Something to do with a Dolyak parade and an FA commander sabotaging it. You know how seriously TC take their Dollie parades

SoR/BG’s story is a bit more… lame…

I can only tell what others have told me since it was way before I stepped foot into WvW. A hacking mesmer got into Bay in a particular map. Words were exchanged on the forums, and what apparently used to be a fairly amiable relationship turned toxic. Wasn’t helped that we were paired together nearly every week for most of the year.

FA/TC rivalry is still ongoing

I’d like to think SoR/BG’s is still ongoing, though SoR is going through a low period at the moment. JQ/BG is less of a rivalry, more of a competition, so I can’t really call it a rivalry.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

The way players transfer, a large chunk of the population on JQ used to be on SBI. There is very little server loyalty in GW2. The way WvW was designed, guilds just transfer to wherever they think they will win (or stay “relevant”). The top three servers might change, but the players and guilds on them don’t.

If it makes you feel better, the majority of the guilds in T1 are garbage. Also, Mag hasn’t lost a WvW guild in probably 6+ months.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

FA/TC is a battle for the ages.

The forum warring has died down a LOT since back in the day, but both servers love to kill each other.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

Though less dramatic than the FA/TC dolyak parade beginning, the SoR and BG rivalry is no less epic as the feud between the two has pretty much lasted the majority of GW2 WvW history.

SoR and BG were both young servers rising through the ranks when they met in T2, where they engaged in 9 consecutive weeks of intense fighting. Then both servers rise at roughly the same time into T1 and have been fighting and hating each other ever since.

What’s interesting is how each server view each other. BG saw SoR as a militaristic server with a strong man leader that ran all guilds in a ruthless tight ball, which seems to stand completely contrast to BG where command is decentralized with tolerance for more diverse play styles and guilds. SoR seems to view BG (correct me if wrong) as a big disorganized server with tons of fairweathers versus theirs being a tight knit community that is more hardcore. BG is more ppt oriented while SoR claims to be more about fights. The contrasting characteristics of the two servers just make it a good archetype for rivalries.

Blackgate Engineer

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

If it makes you feel better, the majority of the guilds in T1 are garbage. Also, Mag hasn’t lost a WvW guild in probably 6+ months.

We lost plenty – they just weren’t noticeable before they left…

…or after.

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Pretty sure Tarnished Coast and Fort Aspenwood have one of the greatest rivalries – with such clear backstory!

It’s a well known fact that TC’ers love our Dolyaks, always protecting them with love – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChG0_ThxdJc.

Then some FA supposedly ganked the Dolyak parade, at the height of its popularity (see some of the story here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/14u07l/death_of_a_dolyak_love_and_tragedy_in_wvw/)… in response Commander Jadon and some of our other great commanders at that time destroyed FA for the rest of the week! Good times, good times.

But mainly, FA is TC’s great rival because they fight harder than anyone else, and are always determined to beat us – the two servers bring out the best and worst in each other for sure.

Here Here. I love hating you guys. So glad we are matched up this week so I can hate on you!

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

In EU, Ruins of Surmia and Gunnar’s Hold had epic rivalry when I was still in RoS. It was before the new matchmaking system and GH guys were a bit bitter when RoS came to their tier and beat them in it after we got some new guilds from T1. That was some good WvW.

Golden times.

Was nothing to do with that. Although nobody likes bandwagoners.

It was because they’d come down to the lower end of the ladder and forced stacking and zerging onto the smaller servers, then when their opponents “blobbed” the t1 guys cryed about it.

Also some of surmia are just mad at anyone who leaves the server and im pretty sure they lost a few guilds to GH now.

Also i find that most of the low end servers dislike surmia due to the forum warriors they have/had.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

(edited by x Charlie.4820)

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Reslinal,

SoR seems to view BG (correct me if wrong) as a big disorganized server with tons of fairweathers versus theirs being a tight knit community that is more hardcore.

Unfortunately, that is not how SOR views BG. We know BG has a good community much like SOR because of the folks who went there and came back. We also know that BG militia will scout and defend objectives. SOR and the rest of the tiers knows that BG is pretty well organized, much like how SOS was in T1.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Banumiel.1926

Banumiel.1926

Baruch people hates Riverside, their bunkers and their “a man-a arrowcart” policy.

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

FSP has a self-proclaimed (and probably onesided) rivalry with all German servers, I’ve noticed.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Hello Reslinal,

SoR seems to view BG (correct me if wrong) as a big disorganized server with tons of fairweathers versus theirs being a tight knit community that is more hardcore.

Unfortunately, that is not how SOR views BG. We know BG has a good community much like SOR because of the folks who went there and came back. We also know that BG militia will scout and defend objectives. SOR and the rest of the tiers knows that BG is pretty well organized, much like how SOS was in T1.

FW

That’s probably because most of the big WvW guilds from SoS went to BG once things started to fall apart on SoS. There were some exceptions, such [TSYM], who went to SoR, and several good guilds who stayed on SoS or went to other servers, looking to get away from Tier 1, but in large part, the SoS and BG leaderships merged, so it’s no surprise that the current BG organization resembles the old, Tier 1 SoS structure in some ways.

On the topic of biggest RIVALRIES, this is a tough one; at the beginning of the game, we had HoD/ET/JQ all sort of in a rivalry with one another, and later SBI and SoS had a pretty serious rivalry in Tier 1. These days, BG and SoR sort of have a rivalry, but what really seems to happen is that any time one server wins Tier 1 a couple of weeks in a row, the other Tier 1 servers hate them. The Tier 1 rivalry is also very different in different timezones, as BG’s Oceanic and SEA guilds have long seemed to consider JQ to be our biggest rival (long before the [MERC] split, btw).

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

There is weirdness which is kind of a rivalry between TC and SoS because a major guild left TC and joined SoS. We in TC can’t help enjoying killing anyone we find from that guild, but it is bittersweet because we thought they were our friends. Lot of suspicion about spies and uneasiness when TC and SoS are matched up now.

For the Toast!

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I love all, will stomp all, and will get stomped by all. <3 <3 <3

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

ET/FC/SF

/15

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

After fighting just about every server it seems in Bronze tier, everyone goes after SF. I think they just want to test our mettle and I’m not entirely sure why.

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

After fighting just about every server it seems in Bronze tier, everyone goes after SF. I think they just want to test our mettle and I’m not entirely sure why.

SF just generates the most hate of all the bronze tiers, everybody likes to beat the “bad guy”.

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Shukudu.7164

Shukudu.7164

remember the days of bp vs ar vs nsp matchup. good times, good times

Northern Shiverpeaks-TFG
Vanduul Lvl 80 Ranger
Omekrius Lvl 80 Guardian

Server rivalries

in WvW

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856