Server slowly dying.

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Anet when are you guys doing something about the so called population in WvW servers?

Desolation is a Very High status world but has low WvW players, so this way we will never get any new guilds to our server because they need to pay the full price.

I am a player in Desolation and I play both PVE and WvW, but I don’t want to move to another server to start all over again and leave my friends there..

Why do guilds have to pay the insane amount of gems to join a low WvW server, I do not understand why you are not setting the population to WvW.

Everyone can free guest anyway right? So whats the point? Please explain it to me..

No idea why you guys don’t see this, maybe dollar signs.. but this way people rather quit then pay the full amount for a low WvW server..

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Hello Magnetron, I completely understand where you are coming from…

I’ve played on SBI since release day, and early on during release we were ranked number two in WvW for consecutive weeks, but then we had the majority of our large guilds leave and over the course of a year we fell to rank 15.

I had come to the forums complaining on the same thing. Population balance is the number one flaw with the mechanics of WvW.

Fortunately for me, our server started a recruitment campaign, and through a lot of late nights and hard work we’ve been able to attract some skilled players and great guilds to our server.

Over the last six weeks our server has gone from rank 12 to rank 9, and it’s unfortunate that the only way it was possible was by recruitment.

The short version is that WvW will always be about population coverage. Until the developers realize this and place some type of handicap into the game players will continue to suffer.

I wish you and your server the best of luck, and I totally understand your strife.

-A WvW Commander, Canis Lupis of SBI.

P.S. Your signature show’s a lot, having a pride in a server is rare.

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: strifer.8320

strifer.8320

Yeah feel ya. We (Underworld) are currently fighting you and gandara and our server is dying even more than yours. We are very high pop but none of those guys seems to be playing in wvw more or less. We have now lost almost all our wvw guilds aswell which sucks.

Elderly Woman/Charr Warrior
[FURY] Gunnars Hold

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Fortunately for me, our server started a recruitment campaign, and through a lot of late nights and hard work we’ve been able to attract some skilled players and great guilds to our server.

You got bandwagoned, please do not described it like an epic achievement.

~ AoN ~

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

You got bandwagoned, please do not described it like an epic achievement.

LOL, highly skilled players = zerg ball.

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I now that feel man, same here at SF

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: wootrick.4168

wootrick.4168

I feel your pain. I tend to give anet the benefit of the doubt more times than not, but the issue of population overall I do not feel has been properly addressed . It feels like the lower population servers are just left hung out to dry. Instead, it seems like anet keeps trying to introduce new mechanics that will change the game dynamic so that the population imbalance will be less of a deciding factor, but it just falls flat At the end of the day, WvW is still a numbers game.

I came from ET, which back in the day was a WvW powerhouse, but then fell apart and spiraled down to the very bottom of T8. And while I LOVED the community so much, and I still miss it, WvW at the time was a ghost town, and ultimately I left because that wasn’t the game I wanted to play.

I absolutly agree, the “population” rankings should be re-adressed as one way to help smaller servers out.

Elle Kingfisher
Fifty Shades of [BEAR]
Come check us out at gw2bear.com!

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

if you want to see a sudden burst in wvw population – just let the legendary precursors and ascended items and skins drop in them. Pve’rs would grind for them in wvw.

The problem with the logistics in the game, is that someone is sticking to making certain things so rare – that they use it as a carrot on a stick to guide the rest of the population to whatever area they want to populate.

it seems that once people get the rare item(s) they wanted, you see them naturally migrate to wvw – my server has been having a ton of new players with legendary weapons there. These type of “Visually Enhanced” items mean more in big crowds than in 5 man speed run dungeon teams.

It’s why I said on another post that fashion is very important in wvw – it’s a symbol of achievement that can be displayed to hundreds of people at a time. These items actually mean something in wvw – I really don’t notice anyone’s look in LA or even in dungeons where I’m too busy focused on staying alive or killing the npc.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: Cruril Darksbane.2318

Cruril Darksbane.2318

I feel your pain. I tend to give anet the benefit of the doubt more times than not, but the issue of population overall I do not feel has been properly addressed . It feels like the lower population servers are just left hung out to dry. Instead, it seems like anet keeps trying to introduce new mechanics that will change the game dynamic so that the population imbalance will be less of a deciding factor, but it just falls flat At the end of the day, WvW is still a numbers game.

I came from ET, which back in the day was a WvW powerhouse, but then fell apart and spiraled down to the very bottom of T8. And while I LOVED the community so much, and I still miss it, WvW at the time was a ghost town, and ultimately I left because that wasn’t the game I wanted to play.

I absolutly agree, the “population” rankings should be re-adressed as one way to help smaller servers out.

Wait they are? As far as I am aware all they are doing is giving high population, high coverage servers more power by adding more and more snowball mechanics and snowballs do not make a game balanced. It leads to even greater anti-balance.

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

To all the people calling SBI a band wagon server, you sound like you’re having a rough day…

People coming to SBI took a risk on a rank 12 server, and it paid off.

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

To all the people calling SBI a band wagon server, you sound like you’re having a rough day…

are you trying to deny that sbi got bandwagoned? i dont really see the point

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

It’s not risk if you came from a lower ranked server. It’s goin to somewhere easier, more stable, more populated (I don’t blame them, for example, RISE had a hard time with what the off hours are like in the lower tiers).

Gate of Madness

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Anet when are you guys doing something about the so called population in WvW servers?

Desolation is a Very High status world but has low WvW players, so this way we will never get any new guilds to our server because they need to pay the full price.

I am a player in Desolation and I play both PVE and WvW, but I don’t want to move to another server to start all over again and leave my friends there..

Why do guilds have to pay the insane amount of gems to join a low WvW server, I do not understand why you are not setting the population to WvW.

Everyone can free guest anyway right? So whats the point? Please explain it to me..

No idea why you guys don’t see this, maybe dollar signs.. but this way people rather quit then pay the full amount for a low WvW server..

We have lost a few guilds recently and that has affected our night coverage, however I would say in prime time we aren’t that much different than before. One other thing, while we do have an extreme pve population and a low wvw population, there is no way to measure it effectively. Our wvw population can be very high sometimes and other time it’s very low. The only way we could do this is to separate wvw servers from pve servers entirely, so when you transfer you transfer to the wvw server. I doubt that would ever happen though.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Alright this is my last post in the WvW Forum ever until the skill lag is fixed.

Did they fix skill lag?

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: Maximus D Meridious.1048

Maximus D Meridious.1048

Unfortunately this is the end for WvW on Underworld Server, But I’m sure that Anet wanted this to happen, only it was obvious from the start that this would happen, well I saw it anyhow. It doesn’t take any brains to see what was gonna happen. Sad sad day for WvW on Underworld. Being a primarily PvE player I was annoyed that I had to Play the WvWvW maps to get 100% completion, but actually started to enjoy WvW playing every night with guilds was fun. Now will have to grind out gathering or dungeons instead as I refuse to move servers.

Mistress Zapp Mesmer Commander (underworld)

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Even if you moved to a high pop world all you would get is huge queue times, huge lag during battles, and then your game would crash and you would repeat the process, or just silently mind-rage and turn off the game.

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Unfortunately this is the end for WvW on Underworld Server

Now now, don’t speak for all of us. GuM is still fighting and we have no plans of stopping.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

Your server will find its own equilibrium; you won’t get anywhere near the top without bandwaggoning, but you will find WvW experiences that the top levels can’t get.

OP, since you do PvE as well, that is the best source of recruits. Bring your PvE-only friends into WvW and show them how glorious it can be.

What you do not want, is transfers. Especially not en masse. If they will transfer in, they will, eventually, transfer out – taking some of your original populace with them.

“A stream cannot gain the power of the ocean without being swallowed by it.” ~ Wise Keeper.

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

massive transfers to your server are not fun at all – it more often than not brings in arrogant players that took over your home town and start bossing everyone around in condescending ways. We’ve been through and survived several of those – not fun when they come, not fun when they try to run the game and complain more than have fun, and not fun when suddenly they leave and you are outmanned from fighting bigger battles.

I’d rather that anet gave us tools to rally up our pvers to play wvw …than have those guilds come back – most of the population on my server is pretty friendly and fun, would like to see it stay that way.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Desolation is not doing that well in the current Gandara vs Deso vs Underworld match up, but Underwold is really the server which is getting beaten. Note that all three servers are very high. It just that Gandara has the highest WvWvW population and largest amount of WvWvW guilds right now.

About tools to rally players from pve to WvWvW. Well, the rewards per hour of play should be made more equal for pve farming vs WvWvW. It would still require a lot of work: train new commanders, form new guilds, teach people basics of WvWvW, who have rarely ever done it, organize co-operation between new guilds and so on. Desolation did that after the Spring 2013 Mass Exodus. We managed to bounce back, but it also lead to burnout of many top WvWvW players and commanders. I think a sustainable bounce back is only possible with large external transfers and Desolation hasn’t had them for ages.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I don’t blame the players because that’s what it is when Anet designs a mode where players are reduced to pandering and server level recruitment and long hours to massively bolster numbers for wins or even just be “competitive”. Those servers that can’t compete will hemorrhage players that other servers will try to slurp up and it’s a never ending cycle. And to whoever got sensitive when SBI was called a bandwagon server, well sorry but that’s what it is, you’re not the first or the last so lighten up lol.

Whispers with meat.

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

well, in wvw , there could be more pug oriented tools – part of the problem is there are more individual players – than organized guilds – so that’s still going to be niche market – we need some insta-guild stuff ….that’s easy and quick – what about a simple join team button for those commanderless moments – don’t wait for someone to start one – just make a default eazy zerg button lol – and as for time training – well yeah….it’s still a game which the first goal should be fun – and learning together can be fun as heck – thats how guilds are born!! skill comes after being facerolled a few times even though you had 60 people in a zerg lol

Blobs for all servers I say!!

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: Sandman.4192

Sandman.4192

Hey, you can do like a merge with a couple of servers who are also low on WvW, just try talking to guilds from servers where the population in WvW is bad/low and dropping fast i know that Underworld and Desolation are dropping fast in the rank both lost a lot of WvW player to NA T1.
And look for a medium server and join together on that server.
At this moment transfering to medium server is free. untill the 17th.
So its just a idea.

You know that Anet not will do anything about this, to change the population of a server just based on WvW and Pve.

goodluck hope you work it out.

[SLAY] The Soul Slayers!! FSP EU
Prepare To Die!! Never Stop Fighting!!

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

funny thing is my server shows as very high population – but only way I can see that is that it’s based on accounts – i think a lot of people have accounts on my server but hardly play – if they were to suddenly log on we be an overnight t1 lol

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

A lot of servers including mine got bumped to very high recently before the free trails happened.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Server slowly dying.

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

One thing none of us take into account are people leaving the game or getting sick of world vs world; you see the same happen in a lot of online gaming – really popular for 6-8 months then people start losing interest, leaving the ‘hardcore’ fans to continue playing. The same will happen with PvE as well, providing its not the case already. The day might arrive when there are less servers to choose from because of a decline in player numbers across the board.