Server transfers

Server transfers

in WvW

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Just make them free again … Make it that you get 5 or 7 days suspension in wvw or something but make it free again so ppl can move freely again you will loose ppl who are trapped in server they don’t want to be and can’t farm up to 600 gold to transfer and end up quiting

Server transfers

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Free server transfers would lead to even more imbalanced populations.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Server transfers

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

u r requesting this so u can move up right.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Server transfers

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Remove transfer costs it further kills WvW.

If you want “population balance” (lol) it is already there in the form of full server lockouts. And anet promised to do more work on balancing in the future.

JQ subsidiary

Server transfers

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I think all players should get a single free transfer on their anniversary date.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Server transfers

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

The time of no transfer costs was horrible. Its pretty cheap as is anyway.

Server transfers

in WvW

displayname.8315

The time of no-limit bandwagoning was horrible. Thankfully the lockouts are more strict now. And there is the promise of Anet to work populations even further.. if that means anything to you.

Transfer costs just bolster the bandwagon problem nowadays. Those poor people getting stuck on servers and just quitting the game entirerly.

JQ subsidiary

Server transfers

in WvW

Posted by: Calista.1975

Calista.1975

Ive transferred once in all the time ive played going on 2 years now and only reason we transferred was cause our server was dead..seriously if you need more then 2 transfers a year you ether make epicly poor choices or your jumping servers deliberately to stack im thinking more the later..I say they should only allow like 2 or 3 transfers a year on all accounts that should be more then enough or they should triple the current cost…enough of this server jumping already its not helping WvW at all…

Server transfers

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Please no more transfers and please Anet get your Math together. To fight the international Servers which are basically always consisting of two server as a national server ist just ridiculuous, what a big kittening fail Anet. Population balance in those matchups is through the roof with all the band waggoning to small servers because the big ones were full.

Server transfers

in WvW

displayname.8315

Please we need more transfers to try and salvage this unbalanced mess. Anet either can’t or won’t bring structured play into WvW. Transfers may be the only hope.

JQ subsidiary

Server transfers

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

I’m not convinced that transferring works for everyone. I know several players who transferred off my home server, only to transfer back when they found out that their new server had the same sorts of issues. There are also players I know who have transferred and stayed. I assume they are happy and feel they made the right choice.

At the moment, either you have the choice of :

• transfer to a “host” server (if you can) so you can have stability, fight for scoring and position, and have some sense of community and server pride,
  • transfer to a “guest” server where you risk randomly changing tiers every two months, gain score for your hosting server but not yourself, and are lucky if your guest server has been able to maintain a sense of community.

Combine these choices with the competitive nature of most WvW players and it’s no wonder that we see so much band-wagonning. Free transfers will only ever make this easier to do.

Server transfers

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Free server transfers was the first HUGE mistake (of too many to count) that ANET made with WvW.

Bringing them back is only required if you want to kill WvW completely.

Server transfers

in WvW

Posted by: muslumgurseks.4951

muslumgurseks.4951

Moving to less populated servers may be free but the other way around is just not working as you think. Everyone will go to upper tier servers and less populated ones are left to die.

X99 Deluxe / i7 5820k @4.5 /980ti KPE @1550/ Rog Swift / 16gb DDR4 /Custom Loop