Server transfers are hurting our server community (Jade Quarry - LONG)

in WvW

Posted by: Prophecy.5204

Prophecy.5204

I am from Jade Quarry. I chose Jade Quarry over the other servers at launch because of the community: they had a great, established community of ex-DAoC players and a warm grouping of guilds that had been together for years.

At first, I was apprehensive. I had tried a couple other servers during BWEs in an attempt to find a community of players that seemed to resonate most with my playstyle and attitude. I wanted to WvW, casually, and find a group of players who were both organized and laid back. Regardless, when launch came around, me and my handful of guildies took the plunge to JQ.

As time went on, we grew to love the server we were on. I saw familiar names in Lion’s Arch every day and I knew that I could always jump into WvW, hop into the server TS, and enjoy PvP during whatever time I had to play. I laughed with the same people each night — people who I had never met before — and we formed bonds of familiarity.

Despite the names JQ may have established on forums, it became my home, and my guild’s home. And for the first time since DAoC, I had a server with a community that felt like mine. I was proud of our accomplishments as a server and I always wanted to see Jade Quarry become #1.

And #1 we became.

And that’s when the problems started. Like HoD before us, people began to transfer en-masse to Jade Quarry during off-peak hours. Now queues were 15m-1 hour to 4+ hours. Combined with the crashing issues WvW still has and the bugged queues (some people get into the same BG in 10 minutes while others wait hours upon hours), WvW became something I had to plan. Most days, I don’t even bother logging on now since I know WvW — the thing I absolutely adore most, despite its issues — will be impossible to get into.

This week, Jade Quarry has experienced the loss of two very important and original server guilds because of the queues and ArenaNet’s lack of response regarding the free transfers. We have so many new guilds and players on JQ that getting people in to play with guild mates is impossible. We’re essentially experiencing the same thing HoD did when it was in the top spot.

The two guilds we lost were extremely important to our WvW crew. They were also the main team I ran with every night. And now they’re gone.

For the first time since launch, I’m torn between the loyalty to my server and the desire to play with people who have transferred off of JQ. WvW, simply put, just isn’t as fun without these familiar faces roaming around each night.

ArenaNet, please give the community some response about these transfers. An incredibly important part of every MMO is the community and the bonds that players establish between their fellow server mates as well as their enemies. In every MMO I’ve played prior to this, transfers have always disrupted communities in some way. And just like HoD before it, JQ is now being disrupted, uprooted, and destroyed by these free transfers.

While I understand the need of them for balancing, allowing players to transfer to high population servers is just further skewing the population issues. Please address this issue — I really do not want to leave the server I (and my guild) have grown to love so much, but I think we may have to in order to preserve the experience of the game.

tl;dr — Server transfers are destroying the original server community of Jade Quarry. Many original guilds are transferring off in order to even be able to play together. I don’t want to leave JQ — I consider it my home — but I may have to because the game is ceasing to be fun due to lengthened queues and a crumbling server community.

(edited by Prophecy.5204)

in WvW

Posted by: Nevron.9413

Nevron.9413

Welcome to the pains of being number one, I know how you feel. With free transfers still open, this will be a recurring nightmare. We started off with little to no queue on HoD during head-start and launch, and as we drove ourselves to the top, the queue got bigger and bigger as we got loaded down with bandwagoneers.

Guild – Shadow of Apophis [SoA]

in WvW

Posted by: Spacedad.2841

Spacedad.2841

We at maguuma are watching sea of sorrows, an oceanic player focused server, suddenly become swarmed by north-american players. They are complaining of commanders flat out not listening to the people on the server and sour attitudes prevailing, in spite of being able to crush and win by numbers. A part of me wants to enjoy the schadenfreude of these circumstances but another part of me feels very sorry for them. In spite of them winning it doesn’t feel like a real victory, whereas for us every victory we manage in overwhelming odds has cheers erupting from our tight-knit community.

We fear the day if and when joiner-ins decide to flood to our server like locusts and present a very destructive problem to our community here. We want the right kind of people joining our server – people interested in fun who will stay loyal with us, once joined, even through bad times of wvw loss. We do want to win, but we don’t want to win if that means we have to sacrifice our community spirit in doing so.

in WvW

Prophecy.5204

Wish Anet would read this because jq is no longer the server it was when we slowly rose up in the rankings, all the guys we played and learned with to drive us to #1 are now either in queue for hours or just simply transferred, speaking of which prophency aka daboss?? id love to transfer to wherever you guys went so that i may continue playing with the guys i’ve been rolling with for a month now See what transfers do to realms anet

No, Mini.

But Daboss/Indo (TW) and Nekky (Fate) are the two guilds I am referring to. :\

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

Server transfer is just part of the problem. I think the bigger problem is night capping. Why do I say this? Right now, on a Sunday evening, during prime hours, other than EB, if you go to any of the borderland maps on the JQ server, there IS NO QUEUE. Why? JQ basically owns majority of the map so there are no fights, leading to many people logging out of borderlands.

If TW and Fate want to play together right now, they can all log into borderlands. However, there won’t be much fighting.

Server transfer has given JQ what every other server lacks, something HOD had during their dominance, and that something is “24 hour coverage.” WvW is made up of 2 groups. Group 1 are people who would fight regardless if they’re losing or not. Group 2 are people who will only fight when they’re winning. Sadly, majority of wvw is made of group 2. When group 2 checks the score in the morning and see that it’s essentially out of reach (due to night capping or outmanned), or when they log into wvw and see their server own absolutely nothing on the map, they tend to not want to fight and will just log off. That leaves just group 1 fighting the other server. And eventually, this group will get discourage and stop fighting.

If Arenanet does something about the 24 hour coverage, I think that even with transfers, the score will always be close. If that’s the case, it will lead to more people wanting to participate. If I’m on HOD right now and see that my server is only 5k points behind, I wouldn’t mind jumping in to help. However, if the score is 50k points behind with zero chance of catching up, I’ll find something else to do.

(edited by jojojoon.8607)

in WvW

Posted by: Crypt.9062

Crypt.9062

Pretty sure the problem started before you became #1. As you can see Free transfers made HoD;s wvw player base non existent. Players who did wvw are probably thinking or have already left the server. Not sure why there are no restrictions to thefree transfers lke not being able to play wvw for the first week.

in WvW

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

JQ was the server I tried to start on because I was luxon.

You shouldn’t have made a thread about this and let all the people that wanted to get carried continue to goto JQ.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

in WvW

Posted by: ZachGl.7194

ZachGl.7194

Can’t say we didn’t see it coming.

in WvW

Posted by: Rabh.2493

Rabh.2493

Seems like climbing up the rankings is the worst thing you’d want to do at the moment.

in WvW

Posted by: Zagz.6402

Zagz.6402

You get nothing for being #1 In this game other then destroying the ability to play with the people you enjoy playing with.
GG Arena Net @ Destroying community at this you guys are pro.

[Tempest Wolves]

in WvW

Posted by: Fed.8594

Fed.8594

It would help if they would direct free transfers to servers that actually need them instead of to any server.

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

You get nothing for being #1 In this game other then destroying the ability to play with the people you enjoy playing with.

Actually you do get advantages for being on the top server, no matter tier.

One of which is realm bonuses like say gathering increases.

When my server was doing really well, I would get an extra hit on ori nodes. This alone means I can potentially earn at a bare minimum 40 silver more per day by being on the winning server. You don’t even have to play Wv3 to get these buffs.

Add in other nodes, more karma, more loots, MORE people to play with, and generally way more money that can be earned…being top also has large monetary advantages.

(edited by fixit.7189)

in WvW

Posted by: Amulrei.4973

Amulrei.4973

This is what TA were warning you all about when folks would come up with those moronic “disband your alliance and queues will fix themselves and everything will be fair!” Well we did and what happened? Yup, everyone jumped ship to the next best server.

Until you get free transfers shut down or at least restricted, WvW is and will continue to be a lame joke. Unfortunately all you are getting from AN is vague and weak promises, not the action the situation warrants. The total disregard to PvP reminds me of Cataclysm and ToR all over again.

in WvW

Posted by: Hyperhypo.1249

Hyperhypo.1249

Why can’t they just add peak hour points and a daily reset when peak hours hit?

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

Sorry random zerg guy who made this thread. Too much to bother reading here but congratulations on successfully having hundreds more players than everyone else. Feel proud of your #1 rank. I’m sure your guild(out of the 300 there) is great and highly respected by someone. Perhaps if you keep up you will be highly recognized and respected, but probably not since you’re usually just part of a massive sea of random red things. I’ve developed my metalworking skills though so if you’d like I can make you a shiny tin badge.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

Why can’t they just add peak hour points and a daily reset when peak hours hit?

What is your definition of peak hour? I’m from Australia and I would argue that my peak hour is alot different to yours. This is a global game and needs to be treated as such.

They have let the free transfers go on for far too long already. They need to lock the servers that have already reached a particular number of accounts on them and only allow transfers to the others. It’s the only way this mess will be sorted because while guilds in the high tier servers ARE moving to lower ranked ones, they are only going to Tier 2 Tier 3 servers and nothing lower.

If they introduced an incentive for players to go join the low ranked servers, i’m sure people would flock there, helping with the balance of things.

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Probably anet is doing the free server transfer on purpose to merge them later on???

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow Phage.9084

Shadow Phage.9084

Sorry random zerg guy who made this thread. Too much to bother reading here but congratulations on successfully having hundreds more players than everyone else. Feel proud of your #1 rank. I’m sure your guild(out of the 300 there) is great and highly respected by someone. Perhaps if you keep up you will be highly recognized and respected, but probably not since you’re usually just part of a massive sea of random red things. I’ve developed my metalworking skills though so if you’d like I can make you a shiny tin badge.

Your reading skills, and attention span, are rather poor. Might I suggest Adderall for the latter and remedial reading classes for the former? I imagine the latter is also the reason for the former.

That said, whomever said the problem was night-capping: please quit now. Night-capping is virtually a non-issue relative to the issue of mass immigration to currently winning servers. I say ‘currently winning’ because they will not be the currently winning servers when their native populations get fed up with the increased queues and move off.

Free transfers in their current form and restrictions are indeed a problem, but blaming the entirety of the problem on ANet is simply being naive or disingenuous. The player base and its lack of self control are as much to blame as ANet.

At this stage, since it is evident the player base goes whichever way the wind is blowing more than Mitt Romney, ANet probably should step in. A myriad of ways to fix the problem have been suggested in more threads than I’d like to count. It would be difficult to believe ANet is unaware of the issue. All that remains is to see which method, or methods, they are going to pick to correct the imbalances.

in WvW

shortcake.8659

I tried to listen to you but your words were drowned out by the marching of about 830 jade quarry players, which by my math is about a 15th or so of their server population.

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

If top servers can’t get any balance, what makes you think lower ones will be any different?

Ok so people bail top servers, go to lows. Suddenly lows become highs and history repeats itself. Already people are complaining about others going to lower tiers and off balancing those match ups. Proof is already here, mutiple threads here about it.

Wv3 needs a serious overhaul in almost all aspects before we will ever see things get better. Until then it’s a total mess. Free Xfers is the biggest issue but there is others as well. I dread 2 week matches, think it’s bad now? Just wait. Lmao!

in WvW

Posted by: Sekin.7803

Sekin.7803

I am on HoD from day 1 and one thing I really love about playing wvw in this server atm is that…

There is no queue! No matter if it is prime time, off peak, weak days, weak ends, morning, afternoon or night time… THERE IS NO QUEUE.

in WvW

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

The pvp here is all anon, no name, nobody even knows they are fighting you.

Zones dont show kill counts, or allow warband groups, basically nothing to help build community or develop rivalries/notoriety.. anything.

Pvp is about gloating and beating people you know on other side, this is all pve keep trading cause its lacks core understanding of why people pvp.

It encourages pvers only, and thats what the game got, people going to servers to pve up their gear faster.

in WvW

Posted by: Jungle Quack.1368

Jungle Quack.1368

I am playing the world’s smallest violin for you.

Seriously, I also have been a member of JQ since Day 1 and I don’t give a kitten if people want to transfer in while its free.

ANET told us at the very beginning that there were going to be free transfers for a while while the game is new. The WvW matches are eventually going to be extended to a monthly basis and transfers will start costing 800 gems or $10. When this happens most of the problems you are QQing about will disappear. So just sit tight and wait. Its a game for kittens sake. If you are so worried about finding a good WvW match you can leave JQ and find another world that’s less populated. Transfers are FREE right now after all.

in WvW

Posted by: Vel.1653

Vel.1653

:l I know how you feel. Our guild is currently transferring off JQ also do to que times and the influx of all the guys pushing our guild out of the que.

I was Veleana (thief of KL)/Velkeri (guardian of KL)/Saskia on the forums. We didnt want to leave but we knew it was time after a que time where we cant even field our small 15-20 man guild into any borderland period.

Wvw wont be the same with out playing with you guys in our servers ts3. The free transfers are killing JQ and it will eventually splinter off most of the jadequarry.com community we built up since beta. It is sad to see so many of the starting guilds transfer off from JQ after all the hours and hard work they put into building a great wvw community. I do hope to see you guys out on the battlefield again some day though, its a kitten shame it came to this it really is.

in WvW

Posted by: HulkaGem.2568

HulkaGem.2568

dont worry u have the ultimate commander Brewha from xRx in JQ to make u a powerful server.. who once claim to make HOD a better server for 1week when he xfer there for a week.

Mjdeathless – Necromancer
Kopiousiudai – Thief
Canadian Pizza – Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: NorthStar.3798

NorthStar.3798

Dragonbrand would love to have guilds from JQ transfer over.. We have hardly a que at all.

[VNG]Northstar
www.VengeanceClan.com
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Trav.6208

Trav.6208

In an ideal world the guilds wanting to move off the busy top servers, would move to the empty bottom league servers. Far more glory in build up a servers WvW and marching them up the tiers.

Guild Leader – The Karma Initiative – Official EU Reddit Guild

in WvW

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

To be completely fair, JQ started to recruit transfers when you guys fell out of the top tier for that one (or was it two?) weeks. The influx of additional members is what helped you get to the top, coupled with the HoD exodus.

Reap what you sow I guess…

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

At this point I think unlimited transfers should cease on a pre defined date. After that date you are limited to 3x transfers, all of which will lock you out of the current round of WvW. The first one is free, the second one costs 1600 gems, the third one costs 3200 gems.

I don’t see any way for servers to voluntarily redistribute population evenly amongst all available servers. It may be better to reset the ladder or introduce a handicap that allows servers not to progress so easily when they are beating on servers with massively lower WvW attendance and coverage.

It may even be an option to eliminate matchmaking by points/wins and introduce a system of formal challenges so that servers can choose to play against other servers with similar coverage and attendance the following week with a scorecard that shows what servers you have scalped and how many times. You still get bragging rights (my world is better than your world) but the “best” server now travels by word of mouth. Haven’t challenged JQ but heard they are absolute monsters in WvW? Pump your server up to challenge JQ in the next matchup and see if they accept. If you get completely dogged on and ego bruised by a crushing defeat, you can work at building up your own server and then challenge them again at a later date. Server challenges could be issued by registering a voting preference at an NPC in Lion’s Arch which goes down the list until an enemy server accepts the challenge. After that I guess its auto match making to the closest server by WvW attendance.

This way even the most active WvW servers don’t feel like they are locked into a bracket that never changes. Just food for thought.

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

The server transfers are a horrible, horrible idea and should only ever have been enabled for a few low population servers.

Allowing people to bandwagon onto the highest performing servers FOR FREE is an obvious recipe for disaster.

in WvW

Posted by: FoxxGen.9423

FoxxGen.9423

This post is nothing more than a single person whining and complaining about a rather mundane point.

JQ recruited Xfers a few weeks ago. CD decided to move the core WvW guild population to JQ to “even things out.” After that, JQ started climbing up the ladder with a now more robust off hours crew.

JQ became such a threat, that upon the folding of TA, a decently sized chunk of old Henge players moved to JQ in an effort to continue the winning bids. Sure enough, now that JQ is fat and bloated, JQ is complaining over their queue.

I am sorry JQ, you may not have your every whim responded to and answered by ANet or any others. You asked for what you now have, and as such it should come as no surprise. If you dislike it, please consider transferring to another server. But please do not blame ANet for this inevitable result.

Lastly, I find it funny you state you’re number 1 yet this fact occurred on the heels of CD moving their core guilds to your server. Ungrateful much?

in WvW

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

@Prophecy, I hear you brother.

My guild is a dedicated WvW guild. The original server we picked for head start was JQ. After a while it became evident that our guild mates would never be able to play WvW together because of the horrible queues. So we transferred off.

Overall playing with guild mates is > then being on some top spot server.

A.Net read this and please comment about the transfers. I have seen posts now for weeks with similar stories and upset over the free transfers causing WvW issues. We need some input on this and why its being done and when it will end.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

I know Mini and ran with him/her a lot along with TW and Fate and IRNY.

Me and my guild are in the same boat. We are a very small guild of 8 people that WANT to be active in WvW for small group tactics. The problem is we can never get more then 3 in at a time and usually by that time at least one of those three have to log within 30 minutes.

We are also like TW/FATE/IRNY and Mini another group of the since beta players that helped (even in small ways) make JQ the server it is. The community was great. JQ will always be at the top, but it just is a horrible situation that we have to decide between staying on the server/community we like, or actually PLAYING the game.

I did not understand what HOD and TA guilds were talking about.. now I do and completely understand why they left.

I will miss everyone we met and everyone we made friends with… but something has got to give and in this case, we are seeing most people choosing playing with friends over playing with the queue.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

The pvp here is all anon, no name, nobody even knows they are fighting you.

Zones dont show kill counts, or allow warband groups, basically nothing to help build community or develop rivalries/notoriety.. anything.

Pvp is about gloating and beating people you know on other side, this is all pve keep trading cause its lacks core understanding of why people pvp.

It encourages pvers only, and thats what the game got, people going to servers to pve up their gear faster.

That is not what PvP is about to me. It seems you lack a core understanding of why people PvP.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in WvW

Posted by: Vel.1653

Vel.1653

This post is nothing more than a single person whining and complaining about a rather mundane point.

JQ recruited Xfers a few weeks ago. CD decided to move the core WvW guild population to JQ to “even things out.” After that, JQ started climbing up the ladder with a now more robust off hours crew.

JQ became such a threat, that upon the folding of TA, a decently sized chunk of old Henge players moved to JQ in an effort to continue the winning bids. Sure enough, now that JQ is fat and bloated, JQ is complaining over their queue.

I am sorry JQ, you may not have your every whim responded to and answered by ANet or any others. You asked for what you now have, and as such it should come as no surprise. If you dislike it, please consider transferring to another server. But please do not blame ANet for this inevitable result.

Lastly, I find it funny you state you’re number 1 yet this fact occurred on the heels of CD moving their core guilds to your server. Ungrateful much?

Im sorry what? We stomped CD when we were paired against you guys in tier 2 and we put you in your place. We have never called out for help in off hours as we had the guilds to field that time it was more of us wanting to bring them into wvw a lot more than they have been.

This is our beta core community that we built up since the beta weekends and beyond falling apart because of the kitten free transfers and que times. Most of the guys i saw in wvw before we left I have never even seen before on the server/refuse to work with our commanders or inside our ts3 channel. The community there will soon break apart completely on there as it is already starting to happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Mouse.3271

Mouse.3271

Except some of us happen to agree with the OP. How is that a “single person”?

I keep seeing this stuff about how CD moved their guilds to JQ. Yet no one can name who these guilds are. Which ones were they? A significant portion of those guilds would have had to have come into the server-wide TS to help coordinate things. Again, which guilds were these?

I’m not sure if this is sour grapes if you’ve been on a server that’s been affected by HoD or JQ’s rise or not, or if you’re on JQ and you don’t understand what’s being said, but you’re making a lot of assumptions about the intent of the post as I see it.

Unfortunately, I don’t know that anyone could have predicted that free transfers would be open this long, almost two months after release. If I had to speculate, I’d have to say ANet is playing a wait and see game. The method by which HoD rose to the top was perhaps seen by them to be an outlier – the result of a hardcore base of an alliance that was created primarily to win, and secondarily to build community (if at all). The problem is that they may be waiting to see what happens with JQ to see if transfers really are hurting communities, because JQ was built differently – organically, from the ground up, with no driving alliance and a loosely organized conglomerate of guilds working together.

Posts such as the OPs, which offer some constructive criticism in a respectful way, are far from “whining and complaining”, and in fact could help ANet understand that transfers ARE causing servers to shake up, splinter, or otherwise change communities trying to create a solid foundation.

Post such as yours, which seem to want to belittle the OP for their points and dismiss them as whining, contribute little to nothing. I’m assuming here too, and apologize if I’m mistaken, but perhaps you’re sore about your community being affected by this, if you’re not on JQ. But then you’d be proving the OP’s point in that transfers are having a potentially negative effect on the game – especially considering your points about CD transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

“I didn’t even try to read your post but I’ll insult you based on what I imagine you’ve said LOL!”

Your response has nothing to do with anything being mentioned in this thread. Why did you even bother coming in here and posting if you weren’t planning to read anything?

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in WvW

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

Original Server Community? Is that a joke?

If you want to talk about an “Original Server Community” and people leaving, play the original Guild Wars, you know….that game that actually has some people who did play for the seven years its been out, like myself!

However, don’t start making claims at having an “Original Server Community” on the basis to a game that has not even existed for three months!

As it currently stands, I believe this game is just in its initial stages. Its infancy. It has not truly matured yet. It has just started. Our “communities” are forming and if people are shuffling around servers, Its perfectly understandable…

Right now it feels like a college where everyone is going through an Add-Drop Period and just trying to find where they belong. Not all GW2 players are WvW Fanatics.

I will believe more in the “top server” and “top tier” list probably after six months when we actually see something more consistent and can actually make judgements. However, I find it much too early to tell.

in WvW

shortcake.8659

Hey guys, new JQ transfer here. I just brought my 50 man wvw guild to help us own and keep #1. None of these other servers stand a chance. JQ best server. The rest of you can keep feeding me karma when we 90 man rush the one tower you manage to get.

in WvW

Posted by: Youniverse.4395

Youniverse.4395

500 gems to transfer. Chump change but let’s get the ball rolling Anet and adjust the figures later.

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Honestly, the best thing a server can do right now is round out 24/7 coverage as best as possible via organized PvP guilds in various time zones, then LOSE, LOSE and LOSE as often as possible to discourage bandwagon players that are always trying to jump on the “next best thing” train. Then, when free transfers are finally disabled, you stand a better chance at competitive WvW with shorter queues.

Free transfers are a double edged sword. They can help a server build better WvW coverage, but with that often brings success and that success creates queues. Queues create frustration and players/guilds eventually transfer elsewhere. Thus will be the cycle of WvW until free server transfers are turned off for good.

Part of me thinks Anet is taking the position that they need to keep free transfers open until they’re able to implement the guesting feature. I just don’t think they’re as concerned about what it’s doing to WvW as the die hard WvW players are. But until they speak out on the subject, all we can do is posture and speculate.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

JQ is dead. Ruined by glory hunters.

This will happen to every top server until you have to pay a significant amount of money to transfer.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Wish Anet would read this because jq is no longer the server it was when we slowly rose up in the rankings, all the guys we played and learned with to drive us to #1 are now either in queue for hours or just simply transferred, speaking of which prophency aka daboss?? id love to transfer to wherever you guys went so that i may continue playing with the guys i’ve been rolling with for a month now See what transfers do to realms anet

No, Mini.

I transferred off JQ Saturday. These were the leaders I had fun running with.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

Posted by: Daboss.4682

Daboss.4682

Well thanks for your kind words. We agree something needs to be done with the server transfers, it is having a major impact on WvW and if it continues to go unchecked it will ultimately hurt the game. We’ll see how everything shapes up when they release the WvW patch in the up coming months.

Daboss – 80 Guardian – Sanctum of Rall
Magicmang – xx Ele in progress
[Tempest Wolves]

in WvW

Prophecy.5204

Can’t say we didn’t see it coming.

A lot of us discussed it as a possibility last week. I’d say a lot of us saw it coming, unfortunately…

It would help if they would direct free transfers to servers that actually need them instead of to any server.

That’s what I don’t understand. Why allow server transfers for every server rather than just the lowest population servers? Usually you see people given options to ONLY lower population servers in order to balance them out with the higher population. I don’t understand why “full” and “high” population worlds are even an option.

http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

If top servers can’t get any balance, what makes you think lower ones will be any different?

Ok so people bail top servers, go to lows. Suddenly lows become highs and history repeats itself. Already people are complaining about others going to lower tiers and off balancing those match ups. Proof is already here, mutiple threads here about it.

Wv3 needs a serious overhaul in almost all aspects before we will ever see things get better. Until then it’s a total mess. Free Xfers is the biggest issue but there is others as well. I dread 2 week matches, think it’s bad now? Just wait. Lmao!

Exactly. I can only imagine how it affects servers in the lower teirs, particularly in the WvW field.

The point of this post is not server politics (CD-ET-JQ-HoD-SBI politics) as much as it is about server communities. It is an issue that can affect any server, not just JQ. JQ just happened to be the example server since it’s the one I play on.

Original Server Community? Is that a joke?

If you want to talk about an “Original Server Community” and people leaving, play the original Guild Wars, you know….that game that actually has some people who did play for the seven years its been out, like myself!

I think this is relevant to your opening statement: http://i.imgur.com/J25mf.jpg

Well thanks for your kind words. We agree something needs to be done with the server transfers, it is having a major impact on WvW and if it continues to go unchecked it will ultimately hurt the game. We’ll see how everything shapes up when they release the WvW patch in the up coming months.

Hopefully when the dust settles, I’l have a chance to roll with you guys ago. Most fun I’ve had in PvP since DAoC.

in WvW

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

This “You can transfer for free every 24 hours” thing is absurd from the very beginning.
It’s like you can change your spouse everyday.
Absolutely no responsibility for the choice you made.
It’s ok for at most one week, not for this long.
Community and disciplines would be ruined before anything gets settled down.

in WvW

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Yawn, the “when bad players zerg” is starting early tonight. What else is there to do in this game again?

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in WvW

Posted by: Semphis.4256

Semphis.4256

No, Mini.

I transferred off JQ Saturday. These were the leaders I had fun running with.

Aye same these guys know what they are doing and i had a blast rolling with them. Kinda funny they were the same peeps from warhammer i tagged along with.

in WvW

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Welcome to what HoD turned into.

It sucks it really does. Gotta hate the devs for their incompetence.

Top servers should have been locked from people transfering to them. Bad planning really.

Actually not bad planning. People should know by now that people are greedy and many people could care less about fighting the good fight, they just want to win.

in WvW

Posted by: Eclipses.7152

Eclipses.7152

Eclipses
The Royal Guard – http://theroyalguardclan.enjin.com
Isle of Janthir