Server transfers make rankings pointless.

in WvW

Posted by: Ratnacage.1309

Ratnacage.1309

Server A is ranked number 3, and Server B is ranked number 99. If all of the WvW guilds transfer from server A to server B, what ranking is Server B now?

in WvW

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

What a terrible post.

But he does have a point, cos that s whats happening now on NA servers.

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

Actually what happens is the #1 server has the alliance of guilds get bored with it and disperse off to support other servers. Thus breaking things up so we’ll eventually have some good matches. Of course what the actual rankings are don’t really mean anything, and in reality WvW hasn’t even started yet.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Stanley.3295

Stanley.3295

Just take a look at various match-ups of different tiers. Free transfer is killing any semblance of balance via rankings. HOD and ET have both hollowed out and guilds leaving in droves. It’s a vicious cycle and soon old timers at JQ will feel the forbidding sense of boredom…

Is this healthy for wvw in the long run? Just search within.

Expecting players to balance the game for Anet is simply ludicrous.

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

That’s what’s supposed to happen. It’s a vicious cycle yes, people having to break away from friends. But if TA never broke up. They would forever destroy the rankings. As soon as they stop transfers all servers will be locked in stone and have little to no change ever. So dominating servers would always dominate their tier, and bounce back when they get dominated after moving up a tier. Now THATS a vicious cycle that I’d rather not deal with.

All top guilds on one server is what’s not healthy for the entire community. Not even that own server. People like to win, but they like a challenge. I guarantee HoD got bored pretty quickly. I know many people on JQ did after the very first win. And almost instantly what happened to HoD started happening to JQ. And will keep happening until the guilds break apart. Guilds are what win these. Not the mindless zergs of people fighting over the island between briar and lake.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: mmartong.1794

mmartong.1794

I have been a big opponent of the mass server transfers by the big guilds in the game…however, after spending a day on Dragonbrand being utterly stomped on by people formerly on that server I decided to check out a couple other servers on my own. First I went to ET Saturday…initially while behind ET was competitive. However, as the day went on it was looking more like Dragonbrand w/ the top server in the group essentially dominating most the majority of the maps. Yesterday I went to HOD…and wow have the mighty fallen. They were no different than folks from Dragonbrand and ET with the exception that I was grouped w/ someone who somehow could build seiges in areas where I couldn’t and could jump onto structures I had no chance of reaching (I’m just an average noob type player I guess). The result was the same…JQ with its numbers advantage decimated any small gains made by HOD on its home map.

The point is on three servers I found players extremely frustrated by the imbalance. From what I can tell the way it’s set up now from week to week large guild alliances can basically determine who wins. Essentially it really does hurt server identity and the server community which I thought was a big selling point of GW2 in the first place by ArenaNet. IMO it hurts the game that many of us love to play.

Hopefully developers can come up with a good solution that will appease the ultra competitive WvW folks and the gamers who really like WvW but just want to see competitve matches and not some one-sided pre-determined domination by the big guild alliances.

@mmartong
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by mmartong.1794)