Server w best Guild groups and worst roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I’m looking to join T2 and would like to check which server has the best GvG style zerg groups and the worst roamers.

I like fighting with the best zerg groups because they win more and get more bags.
I like joining the server with the worst roamers because I will probably get to fight stronger roamers in the opposing servers to train my skills.

Looking at the current KDR on MOS for this week, JQ has a slight edge in KDR but FA and SOS are not far behind.
Is this a fair reflection of the zerg fights in T2?

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

tork moved to borlis pass (linked with sbi right now)

The guild groups are great there, (tier 4 atm) but the pugs just dont use TS and die a ton.

Honestly i wouldnt goto t2 man… your going to run into the same thing as t1…

1 your going to be stuck there with the new scoring system.. Even with all the wvw guilds gone from TC (where we came from) they are still losing massively and are still gaining glicko because of the tier they are in. It also costs 1800 gems to goto a top tier server… any of them… because of the population.

2. all servers will be about the same as far as guilds go, except for stacked servers like mag or BG and SoS. Go where you can get people, fights and have good commanders that you actually like.

3 tier means nothing now, especially since Anet announced that they are never doing another WvW season.

My point is basically.. if your wvw community is dead (like tc was) go somewhere you can have fun.

Try a really low server (like we did with borlis pass to check out the action on SBI) first.. since it only costs about 120g to make the move to a low server and about 450g to move to a higher one.

Check out some of the wvw dedicated stat servers like MOS and see who is linked with the different tiers and do your homework. Example: Borlis pass has been linked with SBI for about 6 months now.. so next relinking, we have a pretty strong chance of getting the exact same linking with SBI.

Then, if you like what you see.. make the move to the main server you are linked with if you want.

The current linking will last at least another 3 weeks.. so you have plenty of time to get the 1800 gems you need to make the final decision.

(edited by trueanimus.4085)

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

With trueanimus, if you are a roamer I wouldn’t recommend T2 sir.

I myself transferred to CD when it was 500 gems because a host server that cheap seemed like a good idea, plus my personal best roaming experiences the past years since launch are from the lower tiers. It still holds true.

Have some friends in other small guilds down here/enemy servers too, they are enjoying the fights as well from my understanding.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: Packit.8576

Packit.8576

t2 has amazing roaming fights whatcha talkin ’bout willis? It really depends on what servers you are fighting. jq/fa is a fun matchup because they have a bunch of small groups. while in t3 fighting against nsp they would bring 25+ for 5 because they are all terrible and just zerg

in WvW

Posted by: QuickRain.4735

QuickRain.4735

Since answering the question is actually 2 hard for folks

T2: (includes linkings. Also havnt been in T2 in a while so I don’t know the exact changes to guilds)
JQ: SF, CF
SoS: SEAL, BGA ONS
FA: BOMB
T3:
YB: BOO, ROLL, AI (late NA—→) Unit, Khx?
NSP: trex
HoD: MAS
T4:
SBI: AoEs, CoSA, KGA LXG
DB: SG
CD: DUI, vX
GvGs Style: CoSA, KGA, LXG, DUI, vX, ONS, BOO

If you Join the WvW discord they have a spreadsheet of guilds by server if you ask for it

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

T3:
YB: BOO, ROLL, AI (late NA—->) Unit, Khx?

I think tRex already moved to another server.

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Posted by: Waffle.3748

Waffle.3748

T3:
YB: BOO, ROLL, AI (late NA—->) Unit, Khx?

I think tRex already moved to another server.

Correct, we’re on FC which is paired with SoS currently.

in WvW

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

JQ is probably the premiere T2 zerg server, and, at some point will likely overcome TC and become T1. Luckily for them, Anet’s system moves slowly so I’m sure JQ will be in T2 for quite awhile.

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

dunno why you’re looking for gvg style guilds. Most of them get rolled by pug blobs now a days and scream for ajams to support them. they eventually just reform in 2-3months and reform anyways, different tag, with new swag.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

dunno why you’re looking for gvg style guilds. Most of them get rolled by pug blobs now a days and scream for ajams to support them. they eventually just reform in 2-3months and reform anyways, different tag, with new swag.

It’s hard for a guild against a map queue these days- the days of Red guard like guilds rolling over uplevel and uncomped zergs are long gone, you need a certain amount of numbers to compete against any remotely organised blob.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

It’s hard for a guild against a map queue these days- the days of Red guard like guilds rolling over uplevel and uncomped zergs are long gone, you need a certain amount of numbers to compete against any remotely organised blob.

The thing that changed the game was how boon sharing worked. Back in the glory days of zerg busting a 10-15 man group could and would kill a map queue due to how organized their boon sharing was. The old system didn’t prioritize group memebers but the 5 ppl closest to you. Great guild would be able to buff all their group with ease by organization.

in WvW

Posted by: A Literal God.5283

A Literal God.5283

I’m on bg so can only comment on it. The guilds on this server are generally terrible, especially guilds like knt etc. I’ve seen a knt guild raid get wiped multiple times by mag militia lmao. Only decent guild is like GoF but I believe they have quit, at least their driver. Bg mainly just has the numbers and coverage and the hardcore ppt people. The only time guilds like knt win are if they have qq there as pin snipers or something similar. The environment can be quite toxic too.

(edited by A Literal God.5283)

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

watch an ecchi series then decide….

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Baronvonhippo.3157

Baronvonhippo.3157

I’m on bg so can only comment on it. The guilds on this server are generally terrible, especially guilds like knt etc. I’ve seen a knt guild raid get wiped multiple times by mag militia lmao. Only decent guild is like GoF but I believe they have quit, at least their driver. Bg mainly just has the numbers and coverage and the hardcore ppt people. The only time guilds like knt win are if they have qq there as pin snipers or something similar. The environment can be quite toxic too.

Don’t listen to this guy I am on BG and have seen this guy wipe to an upleveled ranger multiple times. He is really terrible lmao.

in WvW

A Literal God.5283

Don’t listen to this guy I am on BG and have seen this guy wipe to an upleveled ranger multiple times. He is really terrible lmao.

You’ve seen me on this account which has no ap and that I only use for log in rewards? Lol, nice try. The truth (which everyone knows) hurts I bet. I’m just one of those objective people who can see it from the inside.

in WvW

Posted by: HiTandMayhem.1378

HiTandMayhem.1378

I think there can be a disconnect between ‘train my skills’ and ‘get bags’.

Sometimes running with a zerg means you can take advantage of the numbers and get bags. I’d say better to find a driver/guild that won’t let you do that. Don’t measure* by bags, rather measure* by how much that zerg requires you to participate actively. [this might mean you get called out if you’re not keeping up or communicating.]

Regarding training skills, I’d agree that you want to oppose the server that has the good duelers/roamers. For the small group roaming, I’d say find the server that opposes tRex. I’ve been on same server and opposing server with them. They bring a fight for sure.

Just my 2 cents.

*this filter is hilarious. The synonym for measure I originally used starts with a and ends with s and it got kittened.

[UNIV] – Guild Leader, [DSM]- founding member
[TLC] – MicroCenturion
Fort Aspenwood Community Member

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

There are only a handful of solid guilds left so not sure you are going to find exactly what you are looking for. tRex is probably the most pound for pound lethal guild left and the only one I actively avoid when they are running 4+.

My suggestion is to pick a cheap server, hang out for a while and see if you like it. Basically don’t overthink it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Baronvonhippo.3157

You’ve seen me on this account which has no ap and that I only use for log in rewards? Lol, nice try. The truth (which everyone knows) hurts I bet. I’m just one of those objective people who can see it from the inside.

Declaring yourself the only objective opinion while posting on an alt account, so impressive. Scared of posting on internet forums trying to act tough, pure gold.

in WvW

A Literal God.5283

Declaring yourself the only objective opinion while posting on an alt account, so impressive. Scared of posting on internet forums trying to act tough, pure gold.

Haha knew this exact response was coming. I’m trying to act tough? Merely stated my observations from playing on bg. Being able to critique your own server’s bad habits is pretty much the purest example of being objective lol. Nice try shifting the conversation away starting with a total fabrication – “I die repeatedly to up lvl rangers” – haha I did get a chuckle from that – to making personal attacks – and I’m the one trying to act tough lmao :}

(edited by A Literal God.5283)

in WvW

Baronvonhippo.3157

Haha knew this exact response was coming. I’m trying to act tough? Merely stated my observations from playing on bg. Being able to critique your own server’s bad habits is pretty much the purest example of being objective lol. Nice try shifting the conversation away starting with a total fabrication – “I die repeatedly to up lvl rangers” – haha I did get a chuckle from that – to making personal attacks – and I’m the one trying to act tough lmao :}

Attacks an entire guild, then cries and plays the victim card. Grow a backbone or don’t post on public forums. Pathetic. Also please stop using the word objective you clearly are confused on it’s meaning.

(edited by Baronvonhippo.3157)

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Without a doubt, Jade Sea has the best, flying Dragonhunters. The third week against these clowns, the second “lagger”.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

Attacks an entire guild, then cries and plays the victim card. Grow a backbone or don’t post on public forums. Pathetic. Also please stop using the word objective you clearly are confused on it’s meaning.

no need to feel ashame that your guild wipe to mag pugs. mag is the best fighting server bar none. period.

in WvW

Baronvonhippo.3157

no need to feel ashame that your guild wipe to mag pugs. mag is the best fighting server bar none. period.

Such an amazing fighting server they are currently hiding from all fights. It’s okay we all knew Mag couldn’t hang in T1 this was inevitable, have fun being farmed for months till you fall back down where you belong again.

(edited by Baronvonhippo.3157)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

no need to feel ashame that your guild wipe to mag pugs. mag is the best fighting server when we outnumber everyone else 10-1 bar none. period.

Fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Such an amazing fighting server they are currently hiding from all fights. It’s okay we all knew Mag couldn’t hang in T1 this was inevitable, have fun being farmed for months till you fall back down where you belong again.

To be fair T1 has been the bottom of server activity for 5 months now….. Maguumas community really got sick of being stuck in a tier with a third of the total kills of even T4, no sane player would want to play in a tier with rock bottom activity when T2-T3 are high activity.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Baronvonhippo.3157

To be fair T1 has been the bottom of server activity for 5 months now….. Maguumas community really got sick of being stuck in a tier with a third of the total kills of even T4, no sane player would want to play in a tier with rock bottom activity when T2-T3 are high activity.

Mag Apologists hard at work today. Talk big and run faster -The fights server lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Without a doubt, Jade Sea has the best, flying Dragonhunters. The third week against these clowns, the second “lagger”.

35,000 achievement points……..and he’s still going strong. Unreal anet

Dtox

in WvW

Baronvonhippo.3157

Mag Apologists hard at work today. Talk big and run faster -The fights server lol.

And what is the mighty beast gates excuse for the hyper low activity for the months where Mag was winning T1? I wonder what could have caused that….. surely not BG hibernating to not fight Mag, that would be absurd right? T1 has had less then 1/3rd of the total kills/deaths of every tier for months and it’s real boring playing in it, idk why people try so hard to deny it.

It’s really interesting how they suddenly stopped “finding fights” as soon as they started losing. And I am from FA but thank you for letting us all know where the bad BG touched you.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

We are closing this thread because Match Up threads are not allowed.