Server with "best" roamers/havok squads?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Dispel Forum Bug

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

It’s just kind of irritating to be called “lad, dude and he” while my account name is my real name which is a female name.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

Jeknar sounded like Ragnar
is he a girl too… lol

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Fighting JQ this week it doesn’t feel that way. There are a few solo roamers that seem good, but “solo roaming” really doesn’t describe one or two people being chased down by a group of 5 or 6.

Honestly not blaming them, that’s the game. It’s just hard for me to personally judge their skill level when I’m downing them 3 or 4 times and each time them getting power resed by 5 teammates.

Lol. Honestly, I’ve fought a lot of servers and I have to say that, hands down without a doubt, NSP is by far the worse in terms of skills and not willing to fight. Heck, the other night, my guild group of 5 roamers took your north camp with 25 people, 4 stealth traps back to back, and at least 6 ballistas………..Once you guys lost your sieges and used up the stealth traps and lost half of your guys without any one of us dying, you all just ran to portal and camp got taken. By 5 of us. I’ve noticed a huge pattern with NSP and it’s kind of pathetic actually. They never fight = numbers. When they get outplayed even though they outnumber us by at least 5…they call their zerg to try to kill us only to have us juke the zerg and pick off your backliners. It’s one huge hot mess on your server. And when the zerg finally gets 1-2 of us…What do they do? Drop sieges and a guild keg on the body. It’s kind of like…really funny and amusing to us. I’ve literally been chased across the map by a couple zergs and they just ended up getting juked.

Heck, we even spawn camped your borderland’s spawn as well 4 v 10-15. One of your guys whispered us saying how impressive it was and that your guys were QQ’ing and were calling for the tag on their map to come kill us. They got juked again.

Conclusion: NSP is a giant joke that refuses to fight any equal number at all and has no skills. I’ve literally not encountered 1 good roamer on NSP. Encountered 1 good one on TC but that’s it.

in WvW

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

To be fair to my server—such as it is with linking—there are a number of decent roamers, but being outnumbered by JQ/TC doesn’t lend itself to incentivizing people to log on. And there are the Halloween events keeping people busy as well.

I’d also like to question the poor taste of spawn camping in general. It doesn’t phase veterans, but there are a lot of newer players in WvW lately and I don’t think it makes them feel particularly good.

The other day I dropped by spawn in EB because Quickcry was there, he got run over by some salty people but we had a good 1v1 fight and some duels later.

And I’m not sure who was 25 strong and not able to beat five of you. I’m sorry but statistically that seems incredibly unlikely. So many people when asked how big a zerg is they say “map queue” when it is actually more like 30, or they said 25 when it is more like 12. Five organized people can do a lot against 12 unorganized and unskilled pugs. Building siege is also stupid tactically 9/10 times. There are bad players on every server…but bringing it up as a given says more about you than it does about NSP.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Definition of a roamer:

I’m trying to solo a camp, party comes in. *party invite, *decline. In say chat: “Sorry guys, solo roaming.”. Running towards a tower, capping tower *squadinvite *decline. In say chat: “Sorry, solo roamer”. Running from tower being caught up in ganking in front of SM *partyinvite *decline. In map chat: “No offense but I don’t want to be in any of your parties!!!” *squadinvite

Roaming is pretty much dead though, thanks to June 23th 2015 and HoT.

So tag and go on a closed guild raid.

Invite only but no one in the squad complains about that, no tail, everyone got food buffs and decent roaming specs.

I think you missed the part where he said “solo”.
Yah solo is dead… Rip Han…

… I think you missed the part that was the entire point…

lol

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Definition of a roamer:

I’m trying to solo a camp, party comes in. *party invite, *decline. In say chat: “Sorry guys, solo roaming.”. Running towards a tower, capping tower *squadinvite *decline. In say chat: “Sorry, solo roamer”. Running from tower being caught up in ganking in front of SM *partyinvite *decline. In map chat: “No offense but I don’t want to be in any of your parties!!!” *squadinvite

Roaming is pretty much dead though, thanks to June 23th 2015 and HoT.

So tag and go on a closed guild raid.

Invite only but no one in the squad complains about that, no tail, everyone got food buffs and decent roaming specs.

I think you missed the part where he said “solo”.
Yah solo is dead… Rip Han…

… I think you missed the part that was the entire point…

lol

I think you just being silly now.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

Fighting JQ this week it doesn’t feel that way. There are a few solo roamers that seem good, but “solo roaming” really doesn’t describe one or two people being chased down by a group of 5 or 6.

Honestly not blaming them, that’s the game. It’s just hard for me to personally judge their skill level when I’m downing them 3 or 4 times and each time them getting power resed by 5 teammates.

Lol. Honestly, I’ve fought a lot of servers and I have to say that, hands down without a doubt, NSP is by far the worse in terms of skills and not willing to fight. Heck, the other night, my guild group of 5 roamers took your north camp with 25 people, 4 stealth traps back to back, and at least 6 ballistas………..Once you guys lost your sieges and used up the stealth traps and lost half of your guys without any one of us dying, you all just ran to portal and camp got taken. By 5 of us. I’ve noticed a huge pattern with NSP and it’s kind of pathetic actually. They never fight = numbers. When they get outplayed even though they outnumber us by at least 5…they call their zerg to try to kill us only to have us juke the zerg and pick off your backliners. It’s one huge hot mess on your server. And when the zerg finally gets 1-2 of us…What do they do? Drop sieges and a guild keg on the body. It’s kind of like…really funny and amusing to us. I’ve literally been chased across the map by a couple zergs and they just ended up getting juked.

Heck, we even spawn camped your borderland’s spawn as well 4 v 10-15. One of your guys whispered us saying how impressive it was and that your guys were QQ’ing and were calling for the tag on their map to come kill us. They got juked again.

Conclusion: NSP is a giant joke that refuses to fight any equal number at all and has no skills. I’ve literally not encountered 1 good roamer on NSP. Encountered 1 good one on TC but that’s it.

Id honestly think Lettuce is not exaggerating.

Also, someone finally did a name drop on this thread that is worthy of mention, Quickcry….whom is currently on JQ.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Also, someone finally did a name drop on this thread that is worthy of mention, Quickcry….whom is currently on JQ.

If everything people mention is hardly worth it, why you bothered making this thread in the first place?

in WvW

Xtinct.7031

If everything people mention is hardly worth it, why you bothered making this thread in the first place?

Never said that, In fact my last previous quote is the total opposite. Lettuce is very correct in his analysis and a name drop was something I was looking forwards to seeing.
You for the most part only are interested in derailling this thread.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

You may never said that but that’s how you sound. In this post here for exemple:

Only guy so far that has a clue about the topic. The rest of you sound like you have a totally different gameplay style and trying to put in some 2cents about something that was not asked of you in the orginal statement. To those individuals, can you name off one notable havok guild or roamer and their server location?

You pretty much say that you don’t care about what other said because “it was not asked in the OP” despite people giving some names of who they belive to fit in the question.

Now in this other post you cleary say “A name drop worthy of mention”. It implies that everything else we mentioned is not worthy it.

It sound to me that you are just waiting people to post names that you know so you can praise them and completely disregard the rest.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

I give Hunt my vote. Anyone one of em.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I give Hunt my vote. Anyone one of em.

Yep. I use these guys to test out new builds all the time. I know if it fares well against their thief, it will do well in the wild. I have not gone a straight 0 and 5 against many players.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

They’re just gankers. People who couldn’t cut it in PvP.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Xtinct.7031

They’re just gankers. People who couldn’t cut it in PvP.

Agree, never was impressed by any of the guys from Hunt.

in WvW

Norbe.7630

i think bon posted this on the cancer forums before,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyiy16RgI0c

hes not the one i saw who 1v10 pips but one of his guildmate
Q: does rex still plays wvw?

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I’m in a havoc guild on JQ. Our population of roamers and havoc recently increased by quite a bit thanks to [love] transferring from yb.
[foxy] is the guild that I’m in. We focus more on scouting and havoc than roaming. I think we’re pretty good at what we do.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Roaming is pretty much dead since there are so many cheese builds with low to no risk playing it.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Roaming is pretty much dead since there are so many cheese builds with low to no risk playing it.

That’s been the case since launch so by your definition, roaming has always been pretty dead.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

That’s been the case since launch so by your definition, roaming has always been pretty dead.

Can’t blame people for running what is more effective. Blame the game, not the player.
I play Power Chrono because I find it fun, but I won’t say that Condi Chrono isn’t superior by far in a 1v1 (or even 1vX) scenario.

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

2 pages of people debating which servers have the best roamers and roaming in general.

Higher tiers T1 and T2 Roaming is more difficult and players in general are better. T3 and T4 Roaming is a lot easyer and players in general are a lot worst.

Not even talking about roamers but higher individual player skills are on Mag, BG, JQ, TC and probably in that order. Lower Skill is Probably every other server.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Norbe.7630

for me, every build is a viable option as long as you can stomp everyone on a 1vX scenario

if people call it cheesy build, i call it creativity nuff said….

2 pages of people debating which servers have the best roamers and roaming in general.

cuz people doesn’t post videos as proofs so the so called debate goes on and on
no one believes anyone till they see it in their own eyes

lastly, also take into consideration the 50ms vs 300ms scenario
the gw2 netcode is as punishing as hell outside NA

Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

in WvW

gebrechen.5643

Nope, it hasn’t. You had a lot more viable builds, the damage was way down before the ascended/legendary era and not everyone ran a meta build (because there were other working builds out there)
You had a lot more people going solo while today most people need support from their two groups of friends.

in WvW

Lettuce.2945

To be fair to my server—such as it is with linking—there are a number of decent roamers, but being outnumbered by JQ/TC doesn’t lend itself to incentivizing people to log on. And there are the Halloween events keeping people busy as well.

I’d also like to question the poor taste of spawn camping in general. It doesn’t phase veterans, but there are a lot of newer players in WvW lately and I don’t think it makes them feel particularly good.

The other day I dropped by spawn in EB because Quickcry was there, he got run over by some salty people but we had a good 1v1 fight and some duels later.

And I’m not sure who was 25 strong and not able to beat five of you. I’m sorry but statistically that seems incredibly unlikely. So many people when asked how big a zerg is they say “map queue” when it is actually more like 30, or they said 25 when it is more like 12. Five organized people can do a lot against 12 unorganized and unskilled pugs. Building siege is also stupid tactically 9/10 times. There are bad players on every server…but bringing it up as a given says more about you than it does about NSP.

Nah. It was easily at least 25. It was an organized guild that was really salty about us outplaying them all night. They ignored objectives just to chase us down only to get juked or to lose their back liners as they chased. The guild tag was pb. Phoenix battalion I think. Let’s just say I got a lot of salty whispers that night. And my guild is a fight guild. We mainly tpvp and duel a lot. So we were bored and spawn camped. Difference in opinions then. Our guild loves and lives for outnumbered fights so we enjoy it immensely. But NSP was kind of really bad and we generally took on more confidence even if the number was far greater. Normally versus a decent server…we would engage in fights that had maybe 5-6 more people than ours at most. With NSP though…it increased to maybe 15-20? That’s how I gauge server skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Woah woah woah… What’s a pvp???

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: ScionKai.4907

ScionKai.4907

[HUNT] has an asura thief that is nasty.

Min and Quickcry are two others that are nasty fighters as well, but seems like most of the other people I knew of that fought on that level are not around anymore

in WvW

Xtinct.7031

in WvW

Posted by: ScionKai.4907

ScionKai.4907

Indeed. Beast that can carry havocs.

in WvW

Lettuce.2945

Pretty much our whole guild are beasts. Literally have to try out to join our guild.

I’m the other thief with Min in this duo roam at 6:13. Just another example of typical outnumbered fights for us. That one was like 2 v 9-10 towards the end. And wiped them.

Another example from another perspective of another member of our guild (the leader) with Min and I. Min on thief and me on druid.

(edited by Lettuce.2945)

in WvW

gebrechen.5643

I forgot something:

Classes didn’t have passive “oh kitten – traits” in general there weren’t that many ridiculous passive in the game.

All that stuff combined killed roaming for most people and makes finding a “good roamer” almost impossible.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I love seeing other players running the same build that I use when they are playing it better than I can. My old hands and brain just cannot keep up with the young’ns anymore.

Back when thieves hit like a truck, no build was easy to play roaming. At any moment, a thief could pop up and gib the tankiest of classes. Even D/D ele’s which for a time were roaming/skirmishing gods were vulnerable.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I’ve been on mag for a month now, I am mostly a solo roamer but I do run with 1-2 other people sometimes.

I can honestly say BG is overrated when it comes to roaming. Maybe I haven’t had enough experience on Mag but seriously in my 40+ hours of roaming I’ve met maybe 2-3 decent roamers. Maybe I haven’t met the better roamers and maybe they usually run in slightly bigger groups. Mag is a bit disorganized in terms of roaming, alot of solo roaming instead of banding together in groups of 3, there are some really bad players on Mag. IDK maybe it is because I’ve played a lot of PvP back in the day, even got to legendary solo so IDK.

My experience has been a lot of Druids/Thieves/Mesmers. A lot of them just run healing/gank + stealth away/condi so I don’t really take them that seriously. I seriously barely see any Revs/Engis and IMO they are the best 1vX classes. A few warriors/necros/guardians/eles.

On the other hand, I would love to join a guild or other people who share my love of roaming although it is pretty much dead. Solo roaming just becomes so meh after awhile. So hit me up I guess lol.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

(edited by killahmayne.9518)

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

On the individual level I’d probably give it to FA overall (about month ago; maybe it was their pairing, too, idk). Fairly humble server in my experience and provided a lot of very tough skirmishes without an excess of cheese. Granted, I guess it depends on what you mean on by roaming and havoc.

Mag doesn’t have good players for the most part, especially now with the brandwagoning. BG is massively overrated. TC is extremely hit-or-miss depending on time of day and just some individual players (you’ll see random pug groups from TC wipe groups 3x their size, but other pug groups of 5-6 consistently die to solo, no-name players). When against Mag, I’ve never not been ganked by less than 5 people, all running FoTM cheese, when running alone. There are some truly exceptional players there, but I’ve personally never seen them, and that number isn’t indicative of the server’s overall capacity,. Further, it’s relatively identical across the game for every server. There are exceptional players on every server. Some are just more active and/or more vocal than others.

The 15-man spawncamping permastealth squad of PU mesmers, immediately capping confusion on pugs and small groups of 2-4 is kind of what they do and how they do it. Yea, you don’t need to carry their pugs, but their pugs pretty much consist of gank squads that won’t touch a fair fight with a ten foot pole. High KDR, seemingly good performance, but just because they seem to be always around spawn and killing people there doesn’t really indicate the the players are good or the havoc actually productive.

Honestly, I’d just say don’t bother even looking, because the small-scale scene aside from cheese ganking is pretty much entirely dead. HoT killed off most of the esteemed small-scale players/guilds immediately with the guild hall stuff, expensive costs to re-gear with powercreeped new stat options, desert BL being anti-small-group, and broken elite specs. Most of what’s left is just the trolls and gankers who got beat hard before, who need to chest-thump by crushing weaker groups to feel good about themselves. And it’s not a Mag thing or any specific community; it’s pretty applicable to every server that has pride in small-scale and havoc these days; the dregs are getting their chance at fame under the delusion that they’re all exceptional players or somesuch nonsense.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Mag is a bit disorganized in terms of roaming, alot of solo roaming instead of banding together in groups of 3,

Mag not running in groups.

lul

in WvW

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Mag is a bit disorganized in terms of roaming, alot of solo roaming instead of banding together in groups of 3,

lul

being serious, a lot of the times I just see a bunch of pugs rolling in groups of two and by themselves. even if they were it really isn’t much different in any other server. Maybe I just play sporadically at different times and tend to avoid places that Mag zergs heavily at.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

(edited by killahmayne.9518)

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

lul

being serious, a lot of the times I just see a bunch of pugs rolling in groups of two and by themselves. even if they were it really isn’t much different in any other server. Maybe I just play sporadically at different times and tend to avoid places that Mag zergs heavily at.

They don’t really omniblob, no. But lacking group play? Oh boy… that’s very far from most peoples’ experience.

Be happy you play when you do, is all I can say.