Server with less kids

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: LucidLethargy.8431

LucidLethargy.8431

I’m curious, are there any servers that are known to have a higher population of adult players? I’m growing weary of all the kids on Tarnished Coast… particularly ones that are outspoken and can barely spell. When I first started playing after launch the Coast seemed to have a better community, but things have seemingly changed. Perhaps WvW just attracts these types on all servers, but I thought I would ask here anyway.

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: gatsu.2813

gatsu.2813

This is just my observation as a mag player, but i think you should give tc another shot. TC has been roiled by the server relinks, matchups and the guilds shuffling around that they have not had the time for the server to naturally stabalize. I am quite sure the remaining leaders of the server are attempting to reorganize their population for better wvw competetiveness once they catch a breather.

For me, no matter what the situation the server is in, I always opt to command because I dont like idling in wvw. My performance whether solo, 5 man, or up to zerging is always the same because it is always about dealing with situations. I never cared about the score, however i do care about my game when i play. This has traditionally been a tc mantra that they need to rediscover again. Only then will attitudes change. Yes blobbing is a problem, so are the trolls. Keep in mind that it is the momentum and focus that drives successful communities and creates that journey we all crave. I am confident tc will reach that point soon in the near future. They have many players up for the challenge ^^

-Xushin

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

yaks bend is the official “older people” server. that big guild for old people is on yb (TOG).

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

particularly ones that are outspoken and can barely spell.

Come now, learning how to communicate with other human beings is an important step in life. We should be honored that children use GW2 to learn. Yes, even the young 30 year olds.

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

“Get off my lawn” isn’t a useful attitude. There are some pretty toxic people of all ages in WvW.

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: hugestick.7681

hugestick.7681

This is just my observation as a mag player, but i think you should give tc another shot. TC has been roiled by the server relinks, matchups and the guilds shuffling around that they have not had the time for the server to naturally stabalize. I am quite sure the remaining leaders of the server are attempting to reorganize their population for better wvw competetiveness once they catch a breather.

For me, no matter what the situation the server is in, I always opt to command because I dont like idling in wvw. My performance whether solo, 5 man, or up to zerging is always the same because it is always about dealing with situations. I never cared about the score, however i do care about my game when i play. This has traditionally been a tc mantra that they need to rediscover again. Only then will attitudes change. Yes blobbing is a problem, so are the trolls. Keep in mind that it is the momentum and focus that drives successful communities and creates that journey we all crave. I am confident tc will reach that point soon in the near future. They have many players up for the challenge ^^

-Xushin

The great Xushin has spoken, I thought he quit the game =D

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: QuickRain.4735

QuickRain.4735

-Xushin

The great Xushin has spoken, I thought he quit the game =D

No, hes dead please refer to the reddit post on how Mag lost a great commander/leader

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Transfer to EU, judging by the forums NA is populated mostly by the age group you wish to avoid. Not saying EU doesn’t have it’s childish players but on the whole you don’t run into it much…Except JS and BB, those guys are very salty kids.

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

NSP has a pretty good population of “older” adult players. Many of them retired even. Most of my guild (PB) is 30+

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

I believe YB has some older players. there is a guild called PAL there which i believe are all older adults (someone correct me if im wrong).

shit guardian on maguuma

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

“Get off my lawn” isn’t a useful attitude. There are some pretty toxic people of all ages in WvW.

I think “toxic people” is rather an unforgiving attitude. Many of these people can and do change their behaviour over time.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

I think “toxic people” is rather an unforgiving attitude. Many of these people can and do change their behaviour over time.

Good catch. I should have said “people who choose to behave in a toxic manner”.

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: LucidLethargy.8431

LucidLethargy.8431

I definitely appreciate all the responses here. I recognize that attitudes can change, I think I’m more just shocked at how much the culture of TC has changed since I last played. I’ve been back in the game for a few months now after being gone a few years, and it’s just kind of sad to see people impulsively doing things after being so organized before. My primary WvW character is support-based (AH Frontliner guardian), so group success is tied in directly with my own effectiveness.

Xushin provided a great perspective – perhaps things will settle down and I’ve just returned in a time of flux. I’ve heard a lot of rumblings around major groups/leaders leaving the Toast, perhaps what I’m witnessing is just frustration bubbling up and some individuals not knowing how to react.

As of right now, TC has become a bit of a mess when it comes to WvW (compared to a few years ago). We keep getting spawn camped by Mag, and it’s hard to watch so many people run out to die without a plan, thus feeding this poor sportsmanship.

Perhaps I just need to find some solid guilds to run with to avoid this sort of thing, and stop playing WvW so much. I’ve heard a lot of the arguments about Arenanet screwing over servers like TC with the latest WvW matchup (and that does seem to be a catalyst here), so perhaps this is also a symptom of the greater problems being caused by bad mechanics.

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I find later on, during the week, is when us oldies tend to play. Weekends get busier, but tend to be the younger age group whose social skills leave something to be desired…

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Most of them probably are adults. You might be shocked at how many people are in their late 30’s to early 40’s that rage and bicker at the slightest hint of confrontation. It’s not something that’s exclusive to younger people.

If by chance you just mean a server with more mature people, you probably won’t find one. I suggest taking a vacation to another server, hop around a bit until you find a place your comfortable.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Most of them probably are adults. You might be shocked at how many people are in their late 30’s to early 40’s that rage and bicker at the slightest hint of confrontation. It’s not something that’s exclusive to younger people.

If by chance you just mean a server with more mature people, you probably won’t find one. I suggest taking a vacation to another server, hop around a bit until you find a place your comfortable.

+2

Some adults are probably worse than the kids at this point.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

NSP has a pretty good population of “older” adult players. Many of them retired even. Most of my guild (PB) is 30+

I’d honestly rather have the 14-18 year old kids on my team than most of the players who seem to be 24-30. I find the younger players are mostly more respectful and helpful, where instead what seems like the mid-late 20’s and early 30’s are the saltiest whine-babies out there. You know the ones – the ones who have never seem to have lost because they have been outplayed, but rather “only lose because of cheese, or lag, or OP skill X” …

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Older players come with their issues, too.

As in the “I’m always right, you’re wrong” crew.

Player age is really irrelevant. Player respect builds solid communities.

Be the example you want to see, no matter what, and watch the overall server tone change.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

yaks bend is the official “older people” server. that big guild for old people is on yb (TOG).

TOG started on YB but are spread across all servers now. YB does however also have OTG, Old Timers Guild.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Kids or immature grown ups?

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I’d honestly rather have the 14-18 year old kids on my team than most of the players who seem to be 24-30. I find the younger players are mostly more respectful and helpful, where instead what seems like the mid-late 20’s and early 30’s are the saltiest whine-babies out there. You know the ones – the ones who have never seem to have lost because they have been outplayed, but rather “only lose because of cheese, or lag, or OP skill X” …

Which is why I prefer the 30+ group I run with. But I’m also an old man myself so it makes sense to want to be around people closer to your age/generation.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

Hey Lethargy,
Gate of Madness is a pretty laid back, mature server. We’re currently linked with your server TC. More info here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/lookingfor/Is-Gate-of-Madness-a-good-fit-for-you/first#post6586772

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

Hey Lethargy,
Gate of Madness is a pretty laid back, mature server. We’re currently linked with your server TC. More info here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/lookingfor/Is-Gate-of-Madness-a-good-fit-for-you/first#post6586772

A few comments: One, I absolutely love the guild [Blis], you folks are awesome. So I’ll give this a solid +1 and a thumbs up.

Two, I will say to the OP I’d give TC a chance. Server communities go through changes in time. Things are definitely still in a state of chaos at the moment. In my opinion we are already settling in once again. TC didn’t feel like home for me in quite some time. It does currently. I’m currently in a number of guilds that have older and mature players. They are out there.

Age of course isn’t really the barrier you are chasing. Many, many of the best commanders in this game are under 25 years old still. Of course, some of the best trolls are too. lol.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

I have to give [PB] on NSP a +1 for what OP is looking into. Even their most known commander is retired and he is really friendly.

All in all, you will be able to speak about many things with those folks since they are a community guild and they are always running on open tag.

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: pointaction.4639

pointaction.4639

Does not matter on peoples age. I work a normal job and when I have not able to play for while then come back and always find people complaining about something or saying something not nice to someone else in chat.

A lot of times these people do not work and have nothing to do but just something not nice to someone else in chat.

My word advice to those people grow up and get a life or job instead of acting like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

This is only a game and meant to be fun to play. So if you do the stuff what is being said in the forum just quit the game or grow up or get a real job or be nice and respectful of others trying to enjoy the game.

The Dragon Core [DC]

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Does not matter on peoples age. I work a normal job and when I have not able to play for while then come back and always find people complaining about something or saying something not nice to someone else in chat.

A lot of times these people do not work and have nothing to do but just something not nice to someone else in chat.

My word advice to those people grow up and get a life or job instead of acting like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

This is only a game and meant to be fun to play. So if you do the stuff what is being said in the forum just quit the game or grow up or get a real job or be nice and respectful of others trying to enjoy the game.

You can be critical of the game and other players and be successful and intelligent.

Typically the more well-thought-out responses are driven by older and more successful members of the community.

Not saying there aren’t immature/loser people in-game, though. There are a lot. Frankly, most of the immaturity seems to come largely from people between 25-30 with just kitten-poor social skills or issues who are more concerned with acting cool and young via internet humor rather than just being young.

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: K THEN.5162

K THEN.5162

Funny enough, besides maguuma, I get angry pms more frequently from tarnished coast roamers when I refuse to fight their condi mesmers and pre-nerfed warriors

Elementally Challenged Asuran Roamer

Server with less kids

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

just block people that bother you easy.