Servers Forced To Fight Out Of Their Tiers

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Links are bad enough, but the tiers either mean something or they do not.

Tiers mean exponentially more players between tiers, so how can any week be fair to any of the servers who are being forced into incredibly lopsided game-time?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Tiers havent meant anything since linking because if anything becomes imbalanced (such as a T1 pair having T2 population due to players leaving) this will artificially be fixed (rigged) by Anet the next pairing so that the server once again meet the same T1 population as the other two T1 servers.

So I believe the proper answer do the thread is they do not.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Glicko is a terrible system to use as its rating is based on the play of the person getting rated. As populations and participation fluctuate, the ratings do not react quick enough.

Anet adds in volatility and massive lopsided match-ups are the result.

The server system needs to go. Blow it up and reorganize so the population disparity isn’t so dramatic.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Cuz people were going “Screw glicko!” and they’re right, given the imbalances and limited amount of factions.

But then they reached an incorrect conclusion that same matchups were the cause of problem.

“Tear down the glicko wall! People will love the variety!”

So Anet adds more volatility, essentially making it not matter.

And now you get this.

tl;dr stop peddling magic solutions that only cure symptoms

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

atheria.2837

Cuz people were going “Screw glicko!” and they’re right, given the imbalances and limited amount of factions.

But then they reached an incorrect conclusion that same matchups were the cause of problem.

And now you get this.

To all to answered – there are people manipulating the present system. I know personally several guilds on several servers who are playing to beat the present system, and they do.

I am just asking to allow us to fight in our own tiers so we can have a chance against people who work against the program.

Please.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

And now you get this.

To all to answered – there are people manipulating the present system. I know personally several guilds on several servers who are playing to beat the present system, and they do.

I am just asking to allow us to fight in our own tiers so we can have a chance against people who work against the program.

Please.

I am aware. These things are actually very related.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

atheria.2837

Today is a prime example of “out of tier” and no answers.

Management of WvW is an abomination.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

In my link, ebg is always packed. If we try to squeeze in there, only half or less get inside so we end up going around wacking things in BL then only to have the ebg blob lead by a guild group come rolling over us with it. It is not like the whole blob come immediately but eventually their full blob turns up. Still, there are fights and I like that, even though we are at the outnumbered end as time passes. However, I also know there are some servers that don’t even have population during that timing, I dislike knowing that because if it can happen to them then it will happen to anyone at some point of time.

I want servers to have populations, I want players to be in control, I don’t want devs to decide our future. I only believe devs’ responsibility is to create a system that will direct population balance on a global level, not to intervene our progress.

Blow it up, implement a brand new system, give us back our control, let us decide our future.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Today is a prime example of “out of tier” and no answers.

Management of WvW is an abomination.

Which is why many of us noted one up, one down would have its own problems.

SoS is in tier one because they have ‘won’ their way there.

And you are likely correct about guilds either throwing matches or intentionally trying to lose to get the matchups they prefer.

Some servers are more blatant about it than others.

Removing links would initially help, but the reality is some guilds travel to linked servers to be with members who are on locked servers. So… as soon as that became a possibility again, and links were removed, tiers would likely become barren in the lower levels.

Which… if they kept the server population level around, let’s say Mags level, then some might move down.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

being able to hold on your tier based on your coverage is reflected well in the skirmish x 1 up 1 down.

servers like pve mobs just gain or lose moral.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

And then we get people coming back in here complaining
“OH NOES WE FIGHTING THE SAME SERVERS FOR 6 WEEKS!!!!111!! DO SOMETHING ANET!”

They can’t win with you all either way. Even if they implement the “imaginary magic way for perfect matchups”, people would complain.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Server links would need to be permanent for tiers and/or populations to not change significantly…but they aren’t, and bandwagons happen, so 1 up 1 down helps move those servers to where they need to be faster…do you really want Mag trolling T2/T3 for weeks on end with how slow Glicko moves them up? Since they have a link this rotation, they are running fat…I’ve seen their late-night 4-map queues and fought against their numbers on DB, where we only had 1 map queue. It’s not perfect, but it’s the only answer we have right now to move servers where they need to be after Anet has mixed up the links in response to population changes.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

They each have their issues. Glicko was horrible at locking things in tight, and would not allow movement for months after movement was warranted. 1-up-1-down can be gamed so easily as to make it near worthless.

As long as we have rotating links tiers are meaningless. All that is left is to game it to get the fights you want, and hope other servers don’t game the system better than you do. That being said, the game mode is better than it was prior to linking. There are fights happening. You no longer roam around not seeing anyone all day/night, and there is generally a queue or two every evening.