Servers Transfers price - big fail.

in WvW

Posted by: Khrums.3765

Khrums.3765

Hello,

So there is my question. Why price of transfer depend form general population both PvE and WvW instead be on base activity on WvW?

Now some examples:

Underworld EU – server population high WvW population low (no queues) and they need new people and price is 1,8 gems

Piken Square EU – general population medium , WvW population very high (queues 30-1h) price 500

as I’m player from Piken don’t know situation on other servers but can tell you Piken Square is overload, guilds cant get squads to WvW more and more people get frustrated and angry.

Can any one from Arena net explain why paid transfer which should help servers balance on WvW doesn’t count activity on WvW at all?

So now you make flood servers which don’t need and all ready suffer from long queues.

Now please find way to fix that problem asap other way you will face a lots complains from frustrated players in similar situation. So maybe price should depend from ranking not population?

There is easy way just price depend from position in ranking like:
Tier 1-3 – 1800
Tier 4-6 – 1000
Tier 7-9 – 500
Can be dynamic too so if server fail and drop from bracket to lower tier that’s mean need more people on WvW and can become cheaper to transfer. And will help suffering servers to get WvW alive again and protect overcrowded servers to get too much people on board

Before game was lunch you promise to care about players so lets see now.

Hand of Blood [HoB] Piken Square , VII Overflow

(edited by Khrums.3765)

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I imagine what’s important is not to overload servers with total population.

In that case, having servers (here I included sPvP population as PvE) that are low WvW/high PvE and high WvW/low PvE is better than low WvW/low PvE and high WvW/high PvE.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

Hello,

So there is my question. Why price of transfer depend form general population both PvE and WvW instead be on base activity on WvW?

I believe the answer is that it is not about balancing WvW, it is about balancing server resources.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

in WvW

Khrums.3765

Hello,

I believe the answer is that it is not about balancing WvW, it is about balancing server resources.

No mate 1st transfers change for once a 7 days and now they are paid to help WvW population stabilize and this pricing is not helping at all.

If u check old posts about transfers they refer all time to WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

Hello,

No mate 1st transfers change for once a 7 days and now they are paid to help WvW population stabilize and this pricing is not helping at all.

If u check old posts about transfers they refer all time to WvW

WvW is an extension or part of PvE. Therefore, their method is balanced.

in WvW

Khrums.3765

If will be just a part PvE then players will be allowed to guesting WvW too.

Don’t mix it together as there is huge community of WvW players only which don’t care about events and other crap they play this game for structured PvP only, many WvW guilds and for that people game could be just WvW maps. Arena let down WvW community from beginning treat us like addition to PvE which is mistake. For example why force WvW players which want do daily/monthly achievements to go for fractals? Visit jumping puzzles and craft when PvP base have own daily Achievements. This is just off topic but some examples how important WvW players are for whole business.

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

Server Transfers only have an effect onWvW they have ZERO ZERO effect on PVE,

I’m going to be typing kitten a lot now to get this across.

Piken Square is totally and utterly Kittened its kittened by Kittens transferring because they can’t be kitten to put in any kitten effort.

our wvw population is vastly out of control, the ques are ridiculous during prime time for a medium population yet the gem price says come to us come to our server please and screw over the situation even more.

MMO’s are about communities, in PVE you can part and go anywhere you like do cross server dungeons and fractals as well. In WvW its about your server community and that is it. the new transfers absolutely trash our current server that we have been on since launch.

Whilst the methodology of assigning gem price to total population seems like a logical one there are going to be servers that get screwed over, so not just piken but servers like underworld as well that want more wvw guilds but aren’t getting them because of the price.

I hope this makes some of this clearer.

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: The Holy Eldar.3624

The Holy Eldar.3624

MMO’s are about communities, in PVE you can part and go anywhere you like do cross server dungeons and fractals as well. In WvW its about your server community and that is it. the new transfers absolutely trash our current server that we have been on since launch.

This. Arenanet said they care about communities alot… Or not? Transfer prices should be higher for higher tier servers, because that’s where bandwagoneers flock to.

Acan Stoneheart
Immortal Kingdom [KING] – Officer
Second Law [Scnd] Filthy Casual

in WvW

Kyus.3812

This. Arenanet said they care about communities alot… Or not? Gem prices should be higher for higher tier servers, because that’s where bandwagoneers flock to.

agreed it also means when considering transfers because of the state of how higher tiers end up good servers for transfers like underworld cost dedicated gamers more gems.

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Actual WvW population varies a lot and is hard to quantify vs the total population.

IE: when you go to migrate, they know with certainty how many players have a given home server, they do not know how many of those will feel like playing WvW that day, or 2 days after, or next week… nor for how long they’ll play.

Using Ranking might work though.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Khrums.3765

We try to protect our community for all cost, clearly let know other players before paid transfers was introduced about current situation on PS, about queues maybe that help some how to reduce transfers to PS but many people doesn’t research or just don’t care and jump here destroying all effort we put in to this server by months.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Piken-Square-WvW-is-FULL

Now because we still medium population server with over average activity on WvW (tier 3) transfers here are cheap compering to other servers we can be a target for people who still want move around. What going to make situation worst.

PS is home server for several good WvW guilds, which now they cant get raids in to maps and because that we can fall down or disband as WvW community.

If you PvE player and WvW is just additional for You maybe this example will help you understand:

-imagine here is not overflow and you have wait 1h in queue to log in to game, go for dungeon or join your friends do some events how fun this sound for you?

Please threat this post serious as issue is huge. Please do pricing on base ranking or activity during prime time at WvW not just about general population. As this doesn’t work for large servers which lost WvW communities and for low/medium which WvW wise are FULL!

And how queues work? Why some people waiting around 1h when others joining after 10-20 min? Even they queue after others? This same guild, this same time, this same map? Bug?

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

transfer fees are based on total server population AT TIME OF TRANSFER:

Medium = 500 gems
High = 1000 gems
Very High = 1800 gems

Fees have nothing to do with WvW populations (impossible to quantify and only a portion of server resources) or tier positions.

AR

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Quit whining about gem prices. ArenaNet is a business and needs to make money. The prices are fine as is. And if you want to server transfer then go earn some gold/gems.

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Oh dear, yet again.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Fees have nothing to do with WvW populations (impossible to quantify and only a portion of server resources) or tier positions.

This is the point… They CAN’T quantify WvW population… Look to Isle of Janthir for exemple. The server is dead on WvWvW, but if you check, they still have HIGH at total population.

IF they only take the WvWvW population in account, they would flood some servers over the actual server capacity (Like if IoJ start to get long queues for WvWvW and keep the high PvE population it still have) which will cause way more serious issues like lag and crash.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Kyus.3812

we’re not talking about using wvw population we’re talking about using realm ranking to quantify gem cost

its not about stopping them making money its about using a scaling for server transfers that actually benefits communities instead of screwing ares up.

wvw is quantifiable by server ranking , transfers only effect WVW they have no effect on any other part of the game ZERO effect!

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

now they are paid to help WvW population stabilize and this pricing is not helping at all

No, they didn’t make tranfers payable for WWW. They did it (gasp) to make money.

But since this has the biggest effect on WWW (especially with guesting) they added WWW stuff.

But the main goal for paid tranfers has nothing to do with WW, it’s pure profit-driven.

And I can’t blame them, someone has to pay the bill (and I’m glad it’s not me).

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Khrums.3765

transfer fees are based on total server population AT TIME OF TRANSFER:

Medium = 500 gems
High = 1000 gems
Very High = 1800 gems

yep and there is problem,

transfers limiting WvW only – as you can join WvW only from home server, don’t have any think to do with PvE and only WvW player will chose to pay for transfer, while PvE players can travel around for free as guess so for them that doesn’t matter

this is why pricing on general population isn’t fair at all

dead / low WvW servers EU:

Blacktide – high
Underworld – very high
Drakkar Lake – high

all around bottom off ranking or falling down but pricing high, while they need more WvW players with no chance they will get because of price.

I’m sure similar situation is in NA

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

we’re not talking about using wvw population we’re talking about using realm ranking to quantify gem cost

its not about stopping them making money its about using a scaling for server transfers that actually benefits communities instead of screwing ares up.

wvw is quantifiable by server ranking , transfers only effect WVW they have no effect on any other part of the game ZERO effect!

Did you not even bother to read the post above yours? It explains the pitfall of your argument quite well.
A server has a max number of users it can handle, regardless of whether they WvW or not. This is fact.
Let’s use imaginary numbers to make this easier, I’ll keep the small so its easy to work with an understand, I know the numbers are not realistic.
Server Cap = 1000 players
Server A has 850 players on it currently
It’s population is 700 PvE and 150 WvW
Server A is currently locked into tier 8 because of its low WvW playing population but is still highly populated overall.
Guild X from another server decided to transfer its 300 member WvW centric guild to Server A and prove how kitten awesome they are be raising Server A ranking up and because its very cheap to transfer to a low ranked server.
——————————
After transfers:
Server A population is 1100 players. Server A crashes, repeatedly, it simply cannot handle the load. Server A WvW population is now 450 strong that cannot do anything because the server keeps failing because your system overloaded it.

AR

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Unfortunetly I dont think Anet care or listen to this.

For it to be fair, guilds should be able to “guest” (play mercenaries) on other servers WvW zones that have low WvW queue times and populations. Sort of like overflows, bumping you to other realms WvW zones if yours is full, one that the guild itself has specified. Like if you are on Piken Square and your “mercenary server” is Blacktide.

in WvW

Kyus.3812

Did you not even bother to read the post above yours? It explains the pitfall of your argument quite well.
A server has a max number of users it can handle, regardless of whether they WvW or not. This is fact.
Let’s use imaginary numbers to make this easier, I’ll keep the small so its easy to work with an understand, I know the numbers are not realistic.
Server A is currently locked into tier 8 because of its low WvW playing population but is still highly populated overall.
Guild X from another server decided to transfer its 300 member WvW centric guild to Server A and prove how kitten awesome they are be raising Server A ranking up and because its very cheap to transfer to a low ranked server.
——————————
After transfers:
Server A population is 1100 players. Server A crashes, repeatedly, it simply cannot handle the load. Server A WvW population is now 450 strong that cannot do anything because the server keeps failing because your system overloaded it.

thats a nice story but its totally unrelated to the problem at hand.

WvW has a fixed server population on its maps of 500 players split across the other maps.

The server we are playing on is a medium pop server in tier 3 wvw.
We currently have a disproportionate wvw population to pve population.
because of this we are higher up the WvW rankings than a server of our size should allow.
due to our rising ranking we have attracted far too many transfers which we have taken every possible measure to counter. This means we have 1000 wvw players trying to get into 500 spaces every evening leading to massive ques.

However because of our disproportionate wvw population our server has a lower gem cost than wvw servers that need the players further down the tiers. The total world population is completely irrelevant to WvW whilst T1 may reflect it better when you get to the lower tiers you can get High-Full servers such as underowld on the eu, which has a low wvw population. They need players.

if a guild from our server wants to transfer to Underworld we pay double the gem cost to transfer. If a wvw guild wants to move from tier 1 they will see Underworld 1000 gems in T4-5 (forgotten) and Piken Square Tier 3 500 gems. So the new system basically has ended our server community.

PVE has no factor on server population it doesn’t matter at all.. the only thing being screwed up here is a wvw community and frankly it sucks! and as to flooding to over capacity that still happens to T1 servers and that is handled by overflow. the wvw maps are capped end of the shard they are on handles a finite number of players so no it doesn’t crash or get worse as the overflow in pve will kick in.

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

(edited by Kyus.3812)

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

For it to be fair, guilds should be able to “guest” (play mercenaries) on other servers WvW zones that have low WvW queue times and populations.

This is a HORRIBLE idea and is very far from fair. We’ve already had problems with guilds dropping into lower tiers for a week or two, solely for the purpose of inflating the ranking of potential opponents, ensuring they face weaker servers in the following weeks.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Kyus.3812

For it to be fair, guilds should be able to “guest” (play mercenaries) on other servers WvW zones that have low WvW queue times and populations.

This is a HORRIBLE idea and is very far from fair. We’ve already had problems with guilds dropping into lower tiers for a week or two, solely for the purpose of inflating the ranking of potential opponents, ensuring they face weaker servers in the following weeks.

I think he was making a point at how the current system supports pve gamers allowing them flexibility. whilst screwing over WvW servers that have disportionate populations to server size.

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

TL:DR Edit because of wall of test. Server Cap argument doesn’t apply to GW2. See below for explanation.

I’ll be honest here because. I didn’t take the time to read all the posts because it was to many people saying the exact same thing. So if this has been said already I apologize.

GW2 servers do not have a “player cap” like traditional MMO’s. They created the Overflow system to avoid that. So they don’t have to worry about 3K people on one server overflowing Lions Arch and crashing it. The only part of the game were server cap matters is WvW. There isn’t an overflow so servers could flood a zone. So they created pop caps on the zone its self.

So the “server cap” argument is invalid.

This is also why they were able to raise the pop caps last week. They did that in anticipation of guilds transferring before the paid transfers. They weren’t worried about servers getting “flooded” because they have overflow to handle PvE and WvW is capped.

The paid transfers were an answer to people complaining for a VERY long time about bandwagons transfers screwing up the ratings and preventing close fights at all tiers. They are reseting the WvW rankings next week to further prove that paid transfers were about WvW.

So the OP has a very valid point. Servers with a large PvE population but little WvW have little hope of being competitive at WvW because people won’t want to pay 1800 gems to transfer.

On the flip side. Is a server can manage to have their WvW pop chase off the PvE pop they stand a better chance of being competitive because it would be easier to fill coverage gaps with transfers at a cost of 500 gems(likely still not easy though).

So what have we learned? Servers need transfers to be competitive at WvW need to start trolling all their RP’res and PvE’rs to force them to leave. If for some reason they need to do a dugeon later it won’t matter becuase they can use gw2lfg.com.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Orikx.9671)

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

The paid transfers were an answer to people complaining for a VERY long time about bandwagons transfers screwing up the ratings and preventing close fights at all tiers. They are reseting the WvW rankings next week to further prove that paid transfers were about WvW.

You have that backwards, paid transfers were meant to be in the game from the start, but delays in implementing Guesting lead them to keep the transfers free.. which did lead to the problems you mentioned.

So paid transfers are not an answer created/designed to solve a problem, the delay in activating them was the cause of the problems in the first place.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Paid Transfers should of been in at the launch, everyone has had 4-5 months to move were they want for free, so quit moaning

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in WvW

Isaac.6041

There is nothing valid in the original post.

ArenaNet gave many days of warning about the paid server transfers and existing players and guilds had ample time to prepare for it.

Active players and guilds that wanted to transfer have already done so to avoid the fees.

ArenaNet already told us the transfer fees would be based on server populations.

Sounds like someone is unhappy to pay the fees to transfer off their server. Well you should have listened to ArenaNet’s announcements.

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

ArenaNet gave many days of warning about the paid server transfers and existing players and guilds had ample time to prepare for it.

Active players and guilds that wanted to transfer have already done so to avoid the fees.

ArenaNet already told us the transfer fees would be based on server populations.

Sounds like someone is unhappy to pay the fees to transfer off their server. Well you should have listened to ArenaNet’s announcements.

I’d totally agree with you if what you posted had anything to do with the OPs point. Let me restate it in a single sentence for you:

Because paid transfer is by full population with no correlation to WvWvW participation, large servers with low WvWvW participation have a harder time bolstering their ranks than medium servers with high WvWvW participation.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

in WvW

Orikx.9671

You have that backwards, paid transfers were meant to be in the game from the start, but delays in implementing Guesting lead them to keep the transfers free.. which did lead to the problems you mentioned.

So paid transfers are not an answer created/designed to solve a problem, the delay in activating them was the cause of the problems in the first place.

True that is a good point. Server cap still has nothing to do with paid transfers as there setup prevents servers from flooding a zone. Within reason. The within reason part can be seen when WvW reset happens on Fri nights and tons of people on all servers are kicked to Lions Arch. It sometimes takes forever to load presumably because their servers are trying to create a ton of overflows. But that has nothing to do with any one server but ALL servers merging at once.

Will this ever change though? No. Ultimately it’s about making money and they probably aren’t going to spend a ton of time developing a complicated way of determining which servers should cost more to transfer to because it won’t equal any more revenue.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Isaac.6041

I’d totally agree with you if what you posted had anything to do with the OPs point. Let me restate it in a single sentence for you:

Because paid transfer is by full population with no correlation to WvWvW participation, large servers with low WvWvW participation have a harder time bolstering their ranks than medium servers with high WvWvW participation.

Uh no. Paid transfers aren’t meant to help any server “bolster their ranks”. The fees are now in place to discourage mass server transfers.

You and every other server had their time to recruit with free transfers already. Now the free transfers are over, you must pay the fee or stay where you are. The end.

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

The main reason for the server population caps is not because of a technical limitation, it’s to force the population to be as distributed as possible across all servers.

ie: they don’t 80% of the player base on one server, leaving the other 23 empty.

This is why moving to high population servers costs more, the pricing is to discourage density and to encourage distribution.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Orikx.9671

All of this is true and I agree. Unfortunately the reason I left your first sentence off is because none of this has anything to do with the OP.

2 or 3 or even 9 months down the road server pops are going to be much different. The recent transfers will have nothing to do with that. OP’s statement will still be just as valid then but your statements have nothing to do with the pops at that point.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

Prioritizing development on PVE content before sorting out the guesting issue that was holding back paid transfers has done more harm than good WvW is a big portion of the end game to Guild Wars 2.

Simply throwing in something like this that should already have been around since launch after the damage is done is highly reckless.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

in WvW

Khrums.3765

You completely don’t get it, Piken Square is medium population with high cap of wvw and we not going anywhere just suffer long queues because flooded by many players who transfer here, low price is making this problem not solved and can attract much more and more.

That is one side of coin, second is high populated servers but with low population on WvW cant do any think and cant count on new WvW players as price is high and potential reinforcements will chose to play less but land on server placed higher in rankings.

So both way is completely not fair

in WvW

Isaac.6041

You completely don’t get it, Piken Square is medium population with high cap of wvw and we not going anywhere just suffer long queues because flooded by many players who transfer here, low price is making this problem not solved and can attract much more and more.

That is one side of coin, second is high populated servers but with low population on WvW cant do any think and cant count on new WvW players as price is high and potential reinforcements will chose to play less but land on server placed higher in rankings.

No you don’t get it.

If you are so concerned with long queues, why didn’t you transfer out of there when the transfers were still free? You had your chance to transfer out. Now you must stay there or pay the fee.

ArenaNet can now make money off players that don’t appreciate the long queues and are willing to pay the transfer fee. It’s a very profitable situation for them.

in WvW

Kyus.3812

No you don’t get it.

If you are so concerned with long queues, why didn’t you transfer out of there when the transfers were still free? You had your chance to transfer out. Now you must stay there or pay the fee.

ArenaNet can now make money off players that don’t appreciate the long queues and are willing to pay the transfer fee. It’s a very profitable situation for them.

Because many of the guilds involved formed a wvw community of gamers that had played together for long periods of time. we tried to make it clear of the ques but the effects have been dramatically worst POST transfer.

this is due to the server being a MEDIUM POP meaning after server transfers for wvw our server is in T3 EU and is cheaper to transfer too due to the medium pop than some T4-6 servers who have less wvw population. so the way tehy implemented the costing has driven more players to our server and will continue to do so which has destroyed a community. this isn’t 1 or 2 guilds its effected its a network of guilds that like to run together. We’ve gone out of our way to protect the community but its just been completely let down by the delay on transfers and now by the system being tired to server total population and not reflecting WvW ranking.

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Khrums.3765

No you don’t get it.

Because we have server pride, because we playing on that server from start and build with hard work community on this server, why we should go now just because we did well and push this server to T3 what attract bandwagoners and other easy riders?

So for example Country you living and Your government decide to open border for emigrants but did this without any control and get flooded to point they cant handle it any more so at that point they shall drop homes and move to other country?

I guess for people like you that doesn’t matter a but for us is important to stop it because that getting to the point where we cant play any more as guilds, as WvW alliance

Also this system make some servers like prisons with dying WvW and without chance to get better as they have huge base of pve players and little or non WvW population

in WvW

Isaac.6041

No you don’t get it.

Because we have server pride, because we playing on that server from start and build with hard work community on this server, why we should go now just because we did well and push this server to T3 what attract bandwagoners and other easy riders?

So for example Country you living and Your government decide to open border for emigrants but did this without any control and get flooded to point they cant handle it any more so at that point they shall drop homes and move to other country?

I guess for people like you that doesn’t matter a but for us is important to stop it because that getting to the point where we cant play any more as guilds, as WvW alliance

Also this system make some servers like prisons with dying WvW and without chance to get better as they have huge base of pve players and little or non WvW population

Wow it really sounds like a catastrophe the way you are describing things. I am pretty sure you are exaggerating the long queues and such. Guilds cannot play together? There are 4 maps you know. I really cannot imagine that all 4 maps have long long queues 24 hours per day 7 days per week.

Please calm down and let the dust settle. Free transfers just ended a few days ago so there will be an adjustment period of up to 1 month. Also remember the ratings reset this Friday so it will be almost a new game for many of the servers.

Happy fighting in World vs World! I won’t see you on the battlefield though because I play on the NA side.

in WvW

Posted by: Modimor.4319

Modimor.4319

The best option imo would be to add dedicated W.W.W servers and give people thats moastly in it for W.W.W a chance to transfer free. On those specific server you could have a seperat quing system were Squadrons/Groups will have priority in ques as WvW is pretty much for a larger group of people (Guilds) Players who’s only intreasted in doing their monthly or some single WvW from time to time would be better of on a PVE sever. And the people who’s in the game moastly for the WvW would have a better chance of getting in. It’s a win for everyone imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Lucky.3298

Lucky.3298

IMO or they should be payable service form the start or never.
But it’s never late to kill more of dear community.
Businessman is guy who knows how to make money and not someone who runs to every corner. Actually, are too many of “businessmen” for very few of business.
It was non personal explanation, don’t take it for offence or even on your own.

Beside I’m stack on stupid WvW exploration now and feel pretty mad…

in WvW

Khrums.3765

Hope so will that settle down we just want suggest improvements both ways for servers like ours and for big servers which lost wvw alliances due transfers. All we want is price base on WvW cap of that server not just on pve or dead accounts which don’t log any more.

And believe me we cant play any more as guilds, if half of guild raid waiting 1h in queue how we can organize any think. And we not zerging we base on cooperation between guild squads not pug commanders and mindless zergs which we have now. And yes we have this size queues on all 4 maps.

EU is bit different from NA servers as we mostly play at prime time 18-24, we have life, jobs, schools etc so not all can play whatever we want, EU also doesn’t have huge differences with time zones like NA have so if we are getting flooded is prime time geting hit by this.

We suffer because new players which decide drop other server move over because we are doing good same time make ours alliance weaker like never before.

From 22 position in ranking to no 9 we fight ours way up and now we have easy riders which come and using us. Now we cant hold or push maps like we did before when half of ours WvW Alliance waiting in ridiculous long queues.

We cant turn it over now and make any one leave we just want stop more newcomers by rising transfer price to level like should be as we holding position in ranking along high or very high populated servers. So why we have to be cheap?

in WvW

Posted by: snacktime.1082

snacktime.1082

——————————
After transfers:

thats a nice story but its totally unrelated to the problem at hand.

WvW has a fixed server population on its maps of 500 players split across the other maps.

The server we are playing on is a medium pop server in tier 3 wvw.
We currently have a disproportionate wvw population to pve population.
because of this we are higher up the WvW rankings than a server of our size should allow.
due to our rising ranking we have attracted far too many transfers which we have taken every possible measure to counter. This means we have 1000 wvw players trying to get into 500 spaces every evening leading to massive ques.

However because of our disproportionate wvw population our server has a lower gem cost than wvw servers that need the players further down the tiers. The total world population is completely irrelevant to WvW whilst T1 may reflect it better when you get to the lower tiers you can get High-Full servers such as underowld on the eu, which has a low wvw population. They need players.

if a guild from our server wants to transfer to Underworld we pay double the gem cost to transfer. If a wvw guild wants to move from tier 1 they will see Underworld 1000 gems in T4-5 (forgotten) and Piken Square Tier 3 500 gems. So the new system basically has ended our server community.

PVE has no factor on server population it doesn’t matter at all.. the only thing being screwed up here is a wvw community and frankly it sucks! and as to flooding to over capacity that still happens to T1 servers and that is handled by overflow. the wvw maps are capped end of the shard they are on handles a finite number of players so no it doesn’t crash or get worse as the overflow in pve will kick in.

I’m sure it was done the way it is because it was cheap and easy to implement. Basing it on wvw population would be problematic, because that number is so volatile even with the same server population. One lopsided match and half the people don’t play for that week.

Also, the same problem exists in reverse. If you based the transfers on wvw only, then it’s potentially unfair to those who just pve.

Once you get into all the details, it’s not really an easy problem to solve with code.

The best chance for real competitive wvw pvp is for players to come together and work out a set of rules they agree to play by. Like a game wide wvw guild association of sorts. That’s really the only type of structure that is flexible enough to solve this kind of problem. You have rules like not throwing matches, rules on recruitment, etc.. Real world sports all have this, and it works well. It would work just as well here also, but it’s a lot of work to put together, and I’d be shocked and amazed if it ever happened.

in WvW

Isaac.6041

The best chance for real competitive wvw pvp is for players to come together and work out a set of rules they agree to play by. Like a game wide wvw guild association of sorts. That’s really the only type of structure that is flexible enough to solve this kind of problem. You have rules like not throwing matches, rules on recruitment, etc.. Real world sports all have this, and it works well. It would work just as well here also, but it’s a lot of work to put together, and I’d be shocked and amazed if it ever happened.

Yes, I hear rumors that some of the higher tier alliances have agreed to play in certain timeslots. (1 hour timeslots 2 hour timeslots, whatever). It might be a problem to get the newer players to agree to such a thing but there will always be random players that won’t agree to the “community rules”.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

There is easy way just price depend from position in ranking like:

Tier 1-3 – 1800
Tier 4-6 – 1000
Tier 7-9 – 500

Can be dynamic too so if server fail and drop from bracket to lower tier that’s mean need more people on WvW and can become cheaper to transfer. And will help suffering servers to get WvW alive again and protect overcrowded servers to get too much people on board.

Would also cause problems. Just look at what Kain did and stacked a low tier server and wiped the low tier competition off the map.

in WvW

Posted by: genowefapigwa.5769

genowefapigwa.5769

The answer is very simple. Be antisocial. Let’s the noobs die, isolate from alianse group. Let’s them fight against zergs, don’t ress etc, let. It’s very simple and it’s only arena net problem not yours. If they don;t care do the same

Goraca Mariola
INC&Garaz Runkaraki
Ele from Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

Why not a combo of population + tier.
Medium = 400
High = 700
Very high = 1000

T9 = 0
T8= 100 ( 0 if we use us tiers)
T1=800 (700 is we use us tiers)

A very high T1 server would cost 1800
In case of Piken, medium T3, would still cost 1000
More expensive than a high T9/T7.

It would not solve all problems, but seeing as most serverhopping is probably wvw related, and is also the easiest to get unbalanced when serverhopping occurs, i think tiers should contribute in the transfer price.
Noone cares if a 300ppl pve guild joins, they are spread over many many maps, and with guesting pve population will be mixed up anyway.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: BrockMcCleery.9562

BrockMcCleery.9562

Laughable complaint.

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Isn’t it possible to just tranfser during the night because the population is like a lot lower? You will safe a lot of gems that way if possible.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: SabreWalrus.8647

SabreWalrus.8647

It’s very funny when people come in and try to explain why the costs are the way they are or how it’s all about Anet’s business skeelz or some kitten, as if people are not already aware of this.

What is being said is that the ONLY thing your chosen server affects is WvW.
You may guest onto ANY server within your region (EU/NA) to pve and play with your friends to your heart’s content.
The ONLY thing you are locked to is WvW.

Because of this, in all logical sense, the transfer cost SHOULD be linked to WvW in some way.
We don’t care about all the reasons why it currently isn’t this way. We are saying that it SHOULD be this way and Anet should find a way to go about it.

It makes absolutely no sense for server transfers to be decided by a pve element when guesting exists. It is even null and void to base the cost on server “size” because as people have mentioned – a server may be “Full” at 19:00, but by 3am that will drop down to “Very High” and people have space to transfer there.

It has been proven by bottom tier “Full” servers and top tier “Medium” servers that server population =/= WvW strength.

The whole system is kitten and needs to be revised.

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

(edited by SabreWalrus.8647)

in WvW

Isaac.6041

It’s very funny when people come in and try to explain why the costs are the way they are or how it’s all about Anet’s business skeelz or some kitten, as if people are not already aware of this.

What is being said is that the ONLY thing your chosen server affects is WvW.
You may guest onto ANY server within your region (EU/NA) to pve and play with your friends to your heart’s content.
The ONLY thing you are locked to is WvW.

Because of this, in all logical sense, the transfer cost SHOULD be linked to WvW in some way.
We don’t care about all the reasons why it currently isn’t this way. We are saying that it SHOULD be this way and Anet should find a way to go about it.

It makes absolutely no sense for server transfers to be decided by a pve element when guesting exists. It is even null and void to base the cost on server “size” because as people have mentioned – a server may be “Full” at 19:00, but by 3am that will drop down to “Very High” and people have space to transfer there.

It has been proven by bottom tier “Full” servers and top tier “Medium” servers that server population =/= WvW strength.

The whole system is kitten and needs to be revised.

Incorrect. Just because there is guesting doesn’t mean everyone uses it. I don’t plan on guesting on any other server for the time being.

ArenaNet’s server transfer gem pricing is fine as is. Sounds like some people are just too cheap to pay it.