Servers Transfers price - big fail.

in WvW

Posted by: SabreWalrus.8647

SabreWalrus.8647

Isaac you are hopeless and have missed the point in this thread too many times.

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

in WvW

Posted by: Khrums.3765

Khrums.3765

Incorrect. Just because there is guesting doesn’t mean everyone uses it. I don’t plan on guesting on any other server for the time being.

ArenaNet’s server transfer gem pricing is fine as is. Sounds like some people are just too cheap to pay it.

That is your choice and fine enough but there is guesting and is free so pve players don’t need care about price, why should they? We talking here about balancing servers WvW as paid transfer have impact only on WvW.

EU have few large servers with high price to transfer but no WvW structure as they lost it before and they need new players (so transfers there should be cheaper to help rebuild WvW) or medium servers with great WvW community which is now hit by flood of pug and low pricing can make it even worst.

We talk here behalf of thousands of players affected by paid transfers introduced too late and pricing which is not relative to situation on that server.

Maybe if you will play WvW in organized structure as we do, with TS free for whole server, forum where we plan and share tactics, regular meetings when we discuss server goals and trying get more organized as before with community which was build by months and now facing troubles because bandwagoners just hop here as we high in ranking bringing nothing else only queues then maybe you will see situation as we do.

We don’t want transfer out from our server we want make it more difficult and expensive to servers where WvW players are not needed any more and cheaper for servers which need it.

Pricing depend from position in ranking will be perfect for that

PvE doesn’t matter – no queues, few overflow, guesting so transfers have no impact on it.

If you don’t know what ranking mean visit this page :
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

Hand of Blood [HoB] Piken Square , VII Overflow

(edited by Khrums.3765)

in WvW

Posted by: Bluesavanah.8562

Bluesavanah.8562

Isaac is obviously bored and trolling this post, in most aspects agree with OP saw how their WvW population boomed over the month we fought Piken.

Tbh Anet should of just introduced the gem price without prior notice, might of caught a few people out but wouldn’t of lead to the imbalances caused by giving everyone so much notice.

Price should be linked to WvW rankings as its technically the only thing it influences, you can guest on any number of servers to try out the Pve but your taking a leap of faith as regards anything to do with WvW. T9 200 gems T8 400 etc etc upto T1 1800 gems.

As stated somewhere in the thread Underworld would be a classic example of a WvW community that can never recover, its 4.20 am and population is still very high. Yet they are 22nd in the rankings.

Commander, Malicious Mischief [MM] ,Gandara
[MM] recruiting currently

in WvW

Posted by: Khrums.3765

Khrums.3765

We don’t want transfer out from our server we want make it more difficult and expensive to servers where WvW players are not needed any more and cheaper for servers which need it.

What is the point of this? It’s not your responsibility to “balance the servers”. Just let ArenaNet deal with that problem.

ArenaNet has already put in place the paid transfers and it doesn’t really matter the gem price. If someone really wants to transfer to a particular server, they will pay the price regardless of the gem cost. Just because your server has lower gem cost doesn’t make it more attractive than other servers to transfer to.

If they hear about your long queues, that is already a disincentive to go to your server.

Ok maybe that way, You want to move from server which is dead on WvW as you like that part of game so you have pay fee fair enough, now which server in same Tier you will chose if all 3 have same quality of WvW, strong teams, good rating, nice community that one which cost 1,8k gems or other which cost 500?

I bet if you just want randomly move to server with better WvW and you don’t have friends on any of it you will want to save some money.

This is why is important for us when we all ready flood by random players to be pricing equal to other servers on similar position in ranking. We as medium have same amount of players on WvW as high servers same queues but because lower price we gonna be flood much more. To point when we cant play WvW as organized like before with all guilds raids stuck in queues. We don’t want to face situation when guild will feel lucky to get 5 people on map from 20-30 they plan to do. That gonna kill us as community.

Did you get it?

PS.
That is Guild Wars so supporting game play by guilds should be at 1st place.

Hand of Blood [HoB] Piken Square , VII Overflow

(edited by Khrums.3765)

in WvW

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

Problem is the fact that a lot of players and some guilds want easy kills and flock to highly populated (winning server) causing massive que times.
So seriously I feel that Anet should shut down transfers to all this WvWvW highly populated servers . Thus in a way forcing flickers to choose lower tier servers which in some way will slightly balance the servers.

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in WvW

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Ok maybe that way, You want to move from server which is dead on WvW as you like that part of game so you have pay fee fair enough, now which server in same Tier you will chose if all 3 have same quality of WvW, strong teams, good rating, nice community that one which cost 1,8k gems or other which cost 500?

The one carefully chosen after a long, long intel. The one pointed by the guild.
I’d rather not transfer at all, but if i were to (theoretically), i’d gather enough info and see if the additional cost of 1300 extra gems outweighs the pros of that more expensive transfer or not. If the cheaper server is better, then it’s two birds with one stone.
No problems whatsoever.

I believe this thread is here just because you want to ‘protect’ Piken from getting even more bandwagoners and longer queues, before people start flocking away from Piken to lower populated, cheap on transfer destinations. While somewhat understandable, remember that WvW is not the only part of the game, nor its focal point in the grand scheme. Having medium pop with a big fraction of the population active in W3, aka creating a ‘WvW server’, is a bad idea in the first place, and now finally you see why – yet finally it can balance itself out.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

While somewhat understandable, remember that WvW is not the only part of the game, nor its focal point in the grand scheme. Having medium pop with a big fraction of the population active in W3, aka creating a ‘WvW server’, is a bad idea in the first place, and now finally you see why – yet finally it can balance itself out.

You’re right, except the point was that the server transfer fees is the only thing affecting WvW by a huge amount. For PvE, who cares if we are in LA overflow or LA proper? Nobody. Quite the contrary, sometimes you WANT to be in LA overflow for a greater chance to find PvE groups.

Anyway… Perhaps we shouldnt call it a “fail”. We should call out Anet to answer some questions instead:

What do they consider is a viable queue length for WvW. What is the intent? What did you design the game for? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? 30 minutes? 1 hour? Or does Anet consider a 2 hour queue to be good and perfectly acceptable for enjoying Guild Wars 2?

Post queue statistics for all servers. Allow us to see how it is – if nothing else to decide what server to migrate to if Piken Square isnt viable anymore. We know Anet have this data – they have posted average queues in pretty graphs before.

in WvW

Posted by: Amshaa.7492

Amshaa.7492

While somewhat understandable, remember that WvW is not the only part of the game, nor its focal point in the grand scheme. Having medium pop with a big fraction of the population active in W3, aka creating a ‘WvW server’, is a bad idea in the first place, and now finally you see why – yet finally it can balance itself out.

You’re right, except the point was that the server transfer fees is the only thing affecting WvW by a huge amount. For PvE, who cares if we are in LA overflow or LA proper? Nobody. Quite the contrary, sometimes you WANT to be in LA overflow for a greater chance to find PvE groups.

Anyway… Perhaps we shouldnt call it a “fail”. We should call out Anet to answer some questions instead:

What do they consider is a viable queue length for WvW. What is the intent? What did you design the game for? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? 30 minutes? 1 hour? Or does Anet consider a 2 hour queue to be good and perfectly acceptable for enjoying Guild Wars 2?

Post queue statistics for all servers. Allow us to see how it is – if nothing else to decide what server to migrate to if Piken Square isnt viable anymore. We know Anet have this data – they have posted average queues in pretty graphs before.

I think you should answer some other questions before considering to call out Anet.

What do you consider is a viable waiting time before being able to complete events in some places of Tyria ? Etc…

Do you see where I’m heading at ?
Transfer fees come in to bring stability and balance for any kind of playstyle and fun. PvE, WvWvW, sPvP, RP, and whatever else. By scaling transfer fees upon WvWvW rankings, they would deny, or alterate at least, the ability for servers like Piken Square (for exemple) to get some fresh PvE blood. Valuating one kind of fun over an other would be just plain bad for Anet’s business, that’s why transfer fees are only about whole server population and not a part of it.

I do agree that queue length is a pain in the kitten, but it’s the dark side of having a high population in WvWvW and happens regardless to the fact that your whole server population is low, medium or high.

in WvW

Posted by: Reann.9480

Reann.9480

I think you should answer some other questions before considering to call out Anet.

What do you consider is a viable waiting time before being able to complete events in some places of Tyria ? Etc…

Do you see where I’m heading at ?
Transfer fees come in to bring stability and balance for any kind of playstyle and fun. PvE, WvWvW, sPvP, RP, and whatever else. By scaling transfer fees upon WvWvW rankings, they would deny, or alterate at least, the ability for servers like Piken Square (for exemple) to get some fresh PvE blood. Valuating one kind of fun over an other would be just plain bad for Anet’s business, that’s why transfer fees are only about whole server population and not a part of it.

I do agree that queue length is a pain in the kitten, but it’s the dark side of having a high population in WvWvW and happens regardless to the fact that your whole server population is low, medium or high.

I would go and run other events in the mean time? Or is there just one event you can do? If you are in queue for WvW you can’t do any events, not even one, and there is no options to do other WvW stuff while you waiting for this one “event” to pop up…

Do you see where I am heading at?

Also, there are tools for people doing PvE to play with their friends be in any server they want after the visitor thing. How many such options do WvW people have? If my friends are in WvW and I am stuck in queue there nothing I can do, no visiting, no dungeons or anything.

So why is the one side without ANY options being pusnished and not the PvE community which has several options to play around this problem?

Edit: Lets put a limit on how many dungeons can be run from one server at the same time and put people on queue to wait for an opening. I would love to see THAT kittenstorm from people!

Aurora Glade – VII

(edited by Reann.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Fizzee.1762

Fizzee.1762

1. [FR]Vizunah Square Very High 1800
2. Desolation Very High 1800
3. Seafarer’s Rest Very High 1800
4. [DE]Elona Reach Very High 1800
5. [DE]Kodash High 1000
6. [ES]Baruch Bay Very High 1800
7. [FR]Jade Sea High 1000
8. [FR]Augury Rock High 1000
9. Piken Square Medium 500 <- People not needed or wanted for WvW
10.[DE]Riverside Very High 1800
11.Gandara Very High 1800
12.Aurora Glade Very High 1800
13.Gunnar’s Hold Medium 500
14. Far Shiverpeaks High 1000
15.[DE]Miller’s Sound Medium 500
16.[FR]Arborstone Medium 500
17.[DE]Abaddon’s Mouth High 1000
18.[DE]Drakkar Lake High 1000
19.[DE]Dzagonur Medium 500
20.[FR]Fort Ranik Medium 500
21.Underworld Very High 1800
22.Blacktide High 1000 <- People badly needed to repair WvW
23.Ruins of Surmia Medium 500
24.Ring of Fire High 1000
25.Whiteside Ridge Medium 500 <- People not needed or wanted for WvW
26.Fissure of Woe Medium 500
27.Vabbi Medium 500

Bare in mind, after the Reshuffle Whiteside ridge will be in the same situation as Piken,
What we are going to end up with is bandwagoners jumping to Whiteside/Piken, bumping queue times until the big guilds jump to a “dead” server to be able to play, dead server moves up but stays medium pop… bandwagoners jump to it again… cycle.

It’s not healthy for the game.
They need to reset scores, change to 24hour matches and change cost to move to match WvW queue times (which we know they have access to)

And to the people who keep saying “PvE will be affected” no it wont! the whole point is that guesting is now in place so that you can play on whichever server you want as long as there is a friend there… us WvWers don’t have that luxury and atm we can’t play with friends as we have almost a 2 hour queue each night, but with transfers still being the cheapest around.

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

Incorrect. Just because there is guesting doesn’t mean everyone uses it. I don’t plan on guesting on any other server for the time being.

ArenaNet’s server transfer gem pricing is fine as is. Sounds like some people are just too cheap to pay it.

They could have done it per toon… at $25 each. That’s pretty standard of most of the MMO games I’ve played. Thinking they should count themselves fortunate and leave it alone.

Of course, Developers will ‘encourage’ folks to flesh out lower population servers… I think it’s a novel idea. If you want to via among first tier and/or a high population… a premium for the privilege is just and acceptable.

SBI… /lfg is often barren… 2-3 groups is the most I’ve ever seen in the last two weeks for any instance. How many are there on SoR…SoS..Kain, etc.?

Wv3 is important.. but it’s not everything. Sorry.

in WvW

Posted by: Metixo.5086

Metixo.5086

Tbh, world transfer fees are fine how they are. It is after all not Arena.nets fault that there are a lot of bandwagon guilds going to just a few servers for WvW.

I for one am glad we stayed at Far Shiverpeaks, yes we did drop a lot of tiers and yes we have gotten some people back now and are rising again, but most of all we are having fun and so far I have not seen anything more than a 10 minute queue on any of the 3 borderlands (I dont play EB) even during prime time.

Honestly those that get punished the most with the payed transfers are those that attempted to make WvW super servers and those that were stuck on those servers people chose to mass transfer to for WvW.

If you are not happy with your current server, and you want less WvW queues you just might have to transfer, and since the free transfers are closed you’ll have to pay the price for it.

Transfers are also not there to balance out WvW but they are there to balance out the server load, making it cheap to go to lower populated servers will make it more attractive for someone thinking of migrating to choose a low populated server over one that is highly populated, it just makes sense.

in WvW

Reann.9480

If you are not happy with your current server, and you want less WvW queues you just might have to transfer, and since the free transfers are closed you’ll have to pay the price for it.

Yes, let us organize the community of a T8 server, work our kitten off to get it to T3-4 while nobody wants to help us reach that goal and then transfer out when people bandwagon the server at T3 when they are no longer needed let alone wanted. That sounds fair, doesn’t it?

I bet you make food, set the table and get ready to eat and when uninvited guests come and sit in the table and start eating you just start all over again, huh?

Aurora Glade – VII

in WvW

Metixo.5086

Reann, I am not saying it is your fault people flooded your server. But if you want less queues the easy way is transferring to another server, raging on the forums will not make others go away.

And to use your analogy it is more like a cafeteria, where you have your set table, and one day when you go to get food someone else sits down there with his group of friends. You can ask him to leave but if he refuses you can either sit down together with him and his friends or find yourself a new table.

in WvW

Posted by: genowefapigwa.5769

genowefapigwa.5769

Transfers are also not there to balance out WvW but they are there to balance out the server load, making it cheap to go to lower populated servers will make it more attractive for someone thinking of migrating to choose a low populated server over one that is highly populated, it just makes sense.

transfers are to balance overflow servers probably .Lol what a fail

Goraca Mariola
INC&Garaz Runkaraki
Ele from Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

Reann, I am not saying it is your fault people flooded your server. But if you want less queues the easy way is transferring to another server, raging on the forums will not make others go away.

And to use your analogy it is more like a cafeteria, where you have your set table, and one day when you go to get food someone else sits down there with his group of friends. You can ask him to leave but if he refuses you can either sit down together with him and his friends or find yourself a new table.

Its like a cafeteria in the way that when they take your seat you go to get another seat to enjoy your food except there aren’t any seats and their are more people piling in, and then they take you food off you and you realsie your slowly being shuvved to the door and your outside not being able to enjoy your bagel and ridiculously puffy muffin.

People in this thread don’t seem to realise its not screwing over individuals its screwed over 100’s of gamers, HoB, VII, BOON, KA, RG, TUP, TNTD, GG and numerous others. who were running 20-30 people on average every night in wvw, now running 10 people with 10-15 in ques. its not individuals its a whole server and a community of gamers that have known each other in numerous other games and choose to co exist in one place because of this.

There is no doubt now that some of us will have to move, no its not our fault, yes the late transfer prices didn’t help, but what this is about is transfers only EVER effect WvW they do not effect any other element of the game at all. Server pop also fluctuates over time as do WvW rankings, but wvw rankings are what needs to encourage server growth down the tiers not total population.

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

Dude you haven’t even seen how many people UW can bring out…
When they get an event going they’ll outman you everywhere >_>
And you want people to go these servers even more ?
Besides, Blacktide needs to get their kitten together, they DO have a lot of people but they’re PvE’rs and they need to bring them into WvW more.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Ilesyt.7084)

in WvW

Reann.9480

No, not really. The community is not something which comes with the purchase of the game. You cleared after that you did not mean it that way, but that was the way I understood it and replied to: that you told us to abandon our community if we did not like the queues in short. Hence my analogy about us doing the work (the community, rise o the server) and then being told to leave if we did not like it when others flocked in.

Aurora Glade – VII

in WvW

Kyus.3812

Dude you haven’t even seen how many people UW can bring out…
When they get an event going they’ll outman you everywhere >_>
And you want people to go these servers even more ?
Besides, Blacktide needs to get their kitten together, they DO have a lot of people but they’re PvE’rs and they need to bring them into WvW more.

UW was an example of a server recruiting for WvW with a large population. obviously the lower tiers are in desperate need. black tide is also a good example in desperate need of gamers 500 gems more than Piken square that doesn’t want anymore gamers.

In terms of fielding numbers, everynight every borderland qued for 1 hour + thats our current situation.

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Kyus.3812

Yes, let us organize the community of a T8 server, work our kitten off to get it to T3-4 while nobody wants to help us reach that goal and then transfer out when people bandwagon the server at T3 when they are no longer needed let alone wanted. That sounds fair, doesn’t it?

I bet you make food, set the table and get ready to eat and when uninvited guests come and sit in the table and start eating you just start all over again, huh?

The servers belong to ArenaNet and they opened up all the servers to players worldwide. You may have been on the server a little longer but that doesn’t mean you have exclusive rights to world vs world.

Get the picture. It’s whoever queues up first that gets to play first. Or whoever stays inside world vs world the longest keeps their spot in world vs world. ArenaNet already has a system to boot inactive/idle WvW players.

Players/guilds in there you don’t recognize or don’t like? Deal with it. Every server has those problems.

The other servers that have ques have a high gem price to stop more people coming onto the freaking SERVER! PS has a 500 gem costing and has the same ques, thats the black and white issue.

Its just going to drive more and more peple into ques! thats the problem. we’re kitten off because our community is now completely kittened, but the real problem is anyone else transferring is making the problem infinitely worst and on the other side the servers that need wvw players such as black tide aren’t getting them.

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Reann.9480

The servers belong to ArenaNet and they opened up all the servers to players worldwide. You may have been on the server a little longer but that doesn’t mean you have exclusive rights to world vs world.

Get the picture. It’s whoever queues up first that gets to play first. Or whoever stays inside world vs world the longest keeps their spot in world vs world. ArenaNet already has a system to boot inactive/idle WvW players.

Players/guilds in there you don’t recognize or don’t like? Deal with it. Every server has those problems.

Yes, hence I did not say who “paid” the material the food was made from or who owned the table in the analogy. But the community we have did MAKE the food and put it on the table. Got the picture?! The community is not anything ANet can claim a hold over, it is simply something the players own.

Some people want to work for it, some just to come and use what others have done. Take a pick which group you belong to.

Aurora Glade – VII

in WvW

Posted by: Cal.1985

Cal.1985

@Isaac no offense mate but go to PvE. You have no idea what you are talking and what WE are talking about. If you were WvW player you would know few things:
1. Qeueus are beyond buggy. There is no first in system or at least the multiple tests performed between guildies have showed that.
2. There is a such thing as server pride and server community. Tho many of you will never understand it.
3. Anet is destoying a well build community with the prices for transfers as they are not loggical in regards to WvW.

You are not getting the picture – our community/server whatever you called it is being destroyed by people like you.

So please go PvE. Thank you.

The server transfers should be based FIRST on tier ranking and then on population.

Cal Dae | Tainted | Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

Just because you have a High population doesn’t mean you should have more people than the rest, It’s like saying I’m older than you so I’m smarter than you, and that is not always the case.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: The Holy Eldar.3624

The Holy Eldar.3624

Also, new accounts and new players would still be able to select your server as their home server.

If you really think higher gem costs will solve your problems, think again.

We don’t care if a single new user transfers server. The problem piken is facing is that several big WvW focused guilds have joined Piken and our WvW was already full. Result: Hour long queus at prime time so don’t expect to get in the map where your guild is raiding during that period.
Higher gem costs will at least make guilds think twice before they move to an already full server.
BTW Isaac, you obviously missed the whole point of this thread. I want prices to be like 10000 gems for a transfer, I don’t care how much it is, but 500 is to low for a fully populated WvW server.

Acan Stoneheart
Immortal Kingdom [KING] – Officer
Second Law [Scnd] Filthy Casual

in WvW

Kyus.3812

1. [FR]Vizunah Square Very High 1800
2. Desolation Very High 1800
3. Seafarer’s Rest Very High 1800
4. [DE]Elona Reach Very High 1800
5. [DE]Kodash High 1000
6. [ES]Baruch Bay Very High 1800
7. [FR]Jade Sea High 1000
8. [FR]Augury Rock High 1000
9. Piken Square Medium 500
10.[DE]Riverside Very High 1800
11.Gandara Very High 1800
12.Aurora Glade Very High 1800

if you had to move your wvw guild to a top tier server or from a top tier server to another one, which would you choose from this list. I’d imagine the 500 gem costing amongst all those 1000-1800 would be quite attractive…… if you look at the costings for the lower tiers you’ll notice some of those are more than transferring to piken square as well. its not about gem cost, its about attractiveness and how it pigeon holes transferees into the wrong places.

If you’d like we could always transfer 12 wvw guilds fielding between them at least 250-300 players a night to your server which would blot out half of your allocated wvw places. but we would never do that because we know how that completely screws everyone over.

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

They should just fixed queues.
(Split WvW worlds form Server worlds and make more WvW worlds for each server (piken 1, piken 2 etc.. with a max cap that is good for queues in primetime

Or

Make an extra borderland(even more then 1) that gets active as soon all 3 servers have on all borders a queue.. and this border will stay active untill server reset.

Or

.. probably lots of other good ways to remove the queues.
)

Server transfers not free anymore doesnt solve this.
People who want to play on a good server will pay the price for it doesnt matter if it is 15 euro or 50 , once every few months (still cheaper then WoW i guess)

Problem is Anets priority.. its SPVP , PVE and last WvW.. If they wanted to fix it they already did it.. But they probably didnt even notice there was such a large problem with queues. They probable think the 100 people in piken just standing in the Hall of Memories are just roleplaying… They are all happy customers….

(edited by Dutchares.6084)

in WvW

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

The price is based on overall number of players on each server. All those players HAVE TO BE TAKEN as potencial WvW players. Nobody knows how many players will join WvW.

If, for example, Underworld players decide to play WvW, there will be long queue on every map, apparently even longer then on Piken Square.

They had 2 options. Either make the price according WvW activity, which can change day to day with players taste to play WvW, or according server population. I believe they chose the right one.

in WvW

Kyus.3812

The price is based on overall number of players on each server. All those players HAVE TO BE TAKEN as potencial WvW players. Nobody knows how many players will join WvW.

If, for example, Underworld players decide to play WvW, there will be long queue on every map, apparently even longer then on Piken Square.

They had 2 options. Either make the price according WvW activity, which can change day to day with players taste to play WvW, or according server population. I believe they chose the right one.

Oh dear god not this again!
WvW RANKING!

wvw ranking is a quantifiable measure to price transfers by that will better spread the population and start to increase wvw population on servers wtihout any. if you are a serious wvw player you would want the servers to be more closely matched across the board to create a more dynamicly changing strucure. if making moving to the lower tiers significantly cheaper and those on higher tiers to be incredibly outpriced it will better manage the influx of players via transfers than the current system.

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Metixo.5086

In case you had not noticed, server population is rather quantifiable as well. Some servers will have a lot of WvW players others wont. With your suggestion servers with a good morning or night force would draw the short straw as they get to higher tiers and get increased transfer costs and at the same time they will lack the players to make prime time play enjoyable.

in WvW

Kyus.3812

In case you had not noticed, server population is rather quantifiable as well. Some servers will have a lot of WvW players others wont. With your suggestion servers with a good morning or night force would draw the short straw as they get to higher tiers and get increased transfer costs and at the same time they will lack the players to make prime time play enjoyable.

if they move up the rankings and don’t have a prime time force they will simply stop midway they won’t be able to compete and thats where they will stay in an average population with an average transfer cost, this will make them an attractive place to move to for prime time guilds away from ques in higher servers so it would help a server like that. they also have an offpeak community on that server and if they do well in wvw and progress the servers ranking then I can’t see why that should differ for a server that progresses better during prime time it should be equal.

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Shinigami.5932

Shinigami.5932

How can they base the prices on realm ranking when current ranks are out of wack from all the free migrations and the near future has empty slates.

PS: Wvwvw is not the only concern for transfering.

Aizen San

in WvW

Posted by: genowefapigwa.5769

genowefapigwa.5769

How can they base the prices on realm ranking when current ranks are out of wack from all the free migrations and the near future has empty slates.

lol what is the second one ?:D

Goraca Mariola
INC&Garaz Runkaraki
Ele from Piken Square

in WvW

Kyus.3812

The realms will sort themselves out in 2 weeks due to rating reset on friday, which will allow the wvw focus transfers to rapidly move to their correct places in the tables.

Name me one other thing in the game that you can not take part of due to what server you belong to:

Fractals, cross server, guesting
Dungeons, cross server, guesting
Open World, guesting

WvW 500 places for your server. If I’m on a T1 server I can run pve with anyone else in the EU but I would be subject to a que for wvw, thats why wvw ranking is > total population. sure these things change but so do server pops.

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Heru.5427

Heru.5427

Just thought it was worth pointing out that Anet some time after the launch of GW2 posted statistics on WvW queues for all the different servers. It’s hardly farfetched to assume that they very closely monitor population in WvW at all times (the queue system does after all need to decide when to create a queue). Creating a system that sets a gem price for transfer in accordance to these numbers should not be a major hassle for them.

If they want to go even further, one could imagine setting individual prices to encourage people that play during a certain time of the day to transfer to a server that lacks WvW population during this timeperiod. If this is suitable or not can be argued, but the tools are definitely there for Anet.

I do feel that basing the transfer prices on a part of the game which they don’t affect to any greater extent, while ignoring parts of the game that they do, does seem like a very illogical idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Piscinarii.4850

Piscinarii.4850

I came back to the game after the holidays to find SBI to be completely desolate. I am having to guest on other servers now to find people to play with at lower levels. This is not encouraging to me and I cannot fathom paying to leave the server because I have no one to play with at lower levels. If the conversations are accurate there aren’t many folks at the end game levels either.