Servers that are abysmally bad at WwW

in WvW

Posted by: Raygan.8569

Raygan.8569

Aurora glade for instance. We always get rekt and always last compared to other servers. Worst of all I have to force mysef to play it if I want my legendary.

Do any of you have similiar problems?

in WvW

Posted by: Ikihiki.2316

Ikihiki.2316

RoF is living the unending nightmare. I don’t know why we are punished to have to withstand double teaming with outnumbered nearly 24/7

Go big or go home

Im on fire in Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Here’s a template for anyone who wants to reply:

We’re matched up with the worst servers XXX and YYY. All they do is blob in a single enormous zerg. Yet our guild groups with fewer than 10 players easily wipe these blobs — that is when the blob doesn’t turn tail whenever they see someone from our server. The only reason they are “competitive” is because they nightcap when literally no on else is online. Have fun PvDoor heroes!

Just substitute your opponents for XXX and YYY.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Being bad and being outnumbered in the coverage wars are two different things… The more players you put togheter, the easier it is to the average skill level drop.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Here’s a template for anyone who wants to reply:

We’re matched up with the worst servers XXX and YYY. All they do is blob in a single enormous zerg. Yet our guild groups with fewer than 10 players easily wipe these blobs — that is when the blob doesn’t turn tail whenever they see someone from our server. The only reason they are “competitive” is because they nightcap when literally no on else is online. Have fun PvDoor heroes!

Just substitute your opponents for XXX and YYY.

Nice edit! Starting to see threads and posts similar to the ones in the old (shut down) matchup subforums lately, with people pointing fingers at other servers.

/popcorn

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: Asgard.7251

Asgard.7251

Well i liked WvW a lot.. But i think the server linking is wrecking the game. I dont even like it anymore.. Also im on Ring of Fire, if you lose from nightcaping.. well ok, at least im having a good time playing.. but now omg.
We are outnumbered 24/7 and hop in blob with us 10 to 50 of them.
And ok if its only one week.. but 4 in a row now.
People from WsR and Rof should combine forces and all move to another server.
Anet is nog doing anything about it (my feeling).

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Asgard I feel your pain from the other side. The server I’m on is linked with 3 other servers. We barely have to blink and we are killing the other two linked groups. Borrrrrring… I don’t care even a tiny bit about the score or ranking since you get absolutely nothing for winning a week. But I do care about seeing things so lopsided that I know the other guys must be disillusioned as well. This past week I’ve probably gone into wvw for a total of 2, maybe 3 hours… used to be a couple hours a day. Frankly I’m pretty much to the point where I don’t care period.. I go in to have some fun with a few friends then leave.. meh.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Clearly Maguuma is the worst, a once proud server of trolls had been reduced to map blobbing lemmings.

Dark days my friends, dark days.

in WvW

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

At times, RoF could muster considerable manpower, and the few millers that are left were probably not that much of an addition to the respective servers.

What is definitely true is that RoF drew the short straw in this whole thing. RoF was barely climbing out of the sinkhole that was bronze servers and had taken the not really coveted spot as the whipping boy of the last two real silver servers when servers were linked from Miller. And nothing against WsR players, but that server was definitely a bronze server for a very, very, very long time with only a few people left I guess.

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

i don’t think any servers are bad at wvw. i have thousands of hours inside wvw and i’ve played on a handful of servers and every single one of them has the mentality that the servers they play against in any matchup are bad/keep huggers/siege humpers etc. i honestly think this is due partly to the fact that there’s no cross server communication in wvw and the enemy players just become <Server Name> Gold Soldier.

the truth is that every server is playing wvw in the exact same way. we all have pugs/pugmanders, we all have roamers, and we all have guild groups. we all have blobs and casual players that stay in keeps and fire acs at passing guild groups.

instead we should focus on which server has the most cancerous, elitist guild groups that try and lure pugs out of EB so they can do ‘muh zerg bust’ when in reality rolling 40-50 deep against an unorganized pug zerg on another server is just an effortless bag farm – the thing guild groups actually seem to be after. the second any kind of challenge arises, they just switch maps to find another easy, unorganized bag farm. if that doesn’t work they’re guaranteed to go troll on gw2wvw because they are le epic uncaring stoic internet hero.

inb4 trite ‘lel u mad bro’, packet-of-salt.jpg replies

CD

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

This is a huge issue now. Basically all the skilled, hardcore organized groups have migrated to other servers in search of better WvW experience, leaving a lot of casual types behind which results in terrible match ups for both sides.

in WvW

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

sbi has the worst pugmanders ive ever seen. Imagine commanding 40 pugs, 20 of which are druids and then solo bombing with self stab and raging for ppl not pushing.

Bad Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Asgard I feel your pain from the other side. The server I’m on is linked with 3 other servers. We barely have to blink and we are killing the other two linked groups. Borrrrrring… I don’t care even a tiny bit about the score or ranking since you get absolutely nothing for winning a week. But I do care about seeing things so lopsided that I know the other guys must be disillusioned as well. This past week I’ve probably gone into wvw for a total of 2, maybe 3 hours… used to be a couple hours a day. Frankly I’m pretty much to the point where I don’t care period.. I go in to have some fun with a few friends then leave.. meh.

Agreed. There have been some fun fights here and there, but being so dominant with 4 servers just gets downright boring for the most part. It was fun the first week, but now, I can’t wait for a new linking and/or matchup.

As someone else posted a while back, it is like we have become the BG of Tier 4. zzzzzzzzzzzzz……..

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

i don’t think any servers are bad at wvw. i have thousands of hours inside wvw and i’ve played on a handful of servers and every single one of them has the mentality that the servers they play against in any matchup are bad/keep huggers/siege humpers etc. i honestly think this is due partly to the fact that there’s no cross server communication in wvw and the enemy players just become <Server Name> Gold Soldier.

the truth is that every server is playing wvw in the exact same way. we all have pugs/pugmanders, we all have roamers, and we all have guild groups. we all have blobs and casual players that stay in keeps and fire acs at passing guild groups.

instead we should focus on which server has the most cancerous, elitist guild groups that try and lure pugs out of EB so they can do ‘muh zerg bust’ when in reality rolling 40-50 deep against an unorganized pug zerg on another server is just an effortless bag farm – the thing guild groups actually seem to be after. the second any kind of challenge arises, they just switch maps to find another easy, unorganized bag farm. if that doesn’t work they’re guaranteed to go troll on gw2wvw because they are le epic uncaring stoic internet hero.

claps hands – well said

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Liston.9708

Agreed. There have been some fun fights here and there, but being so dominant with 4 servers just gets downright boring for the most part. It was fun the first week, but now, I can’t wait for a new linking and/or matchup.

As someone else posted a while back, it is like we have become the BG of Tier 4. zzzzzzzzzzzzz……..

and stuck with it for 8 weeks not 4……

in WvW

Teon.5168

and stuck with it for 8 weeks not 4……

Yup. I voted for 1 month changes, too. 2 months is better than 3 months, but ugggghhh.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

sbi has the worst pugmanders ive ever seen. Imagine commanding 40 pugs, 20 of which are druids and then solo bombing with self stab and raging for ppl not pushing.

A lot of SBI people have stopped playing lately. Myself included. We’ve consistently been matched up with Mag who have better and more players than us most of the time and SoS who don’t like to fight and prefer to run and play the PPT. It’s never an even fight on these match ups.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Like we already said in other thread: People who voted for 2 months were expecting just that servers would be cycling in pairs around the tiers. If we knew Arena Net would do such kittened things like linking 4 servers and keep them stuck in the lowest tier, we certainly wouldn’t have voted for 2 months.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Liston.9708

Like we already said in other thread: People who voted for 2 months were expecting just that servers would be cycling in pairs around the tiers. If we knew Arena Net would do such kittened things like linking 4 servers and keep them stuck in the lowest tier, we certainly wouldn’t have voted for 2 months.

I do wonder how the keep linking or nor vote would turn out now compared to a few weeks into the first link….

in WvW

Teon.5168

I am beginning to think that they just need to merge servers and be done with it. Then adjust the Tiers from there going forward.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Double teaming is really a problem when the opponents do not change for a long time.

in WvW

Posted by: CptBadger.9147

CptBadger.9147

On RoF, getting double teamed by servers who have such a high number of players that whilst they blobb EB they can have smaller groups taking our home BL and the other way around depending on what we decide to defend. They even have enough players to defend camps and towers so we can’t even go guerrilla.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

claps hands – well said

*Stands up “yeah…..yeah…YEAH!”

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

RoF isnt being double teamed, you are left alone most of the day except for some ppt-hungry AM blobs cruising through your border after they tried our T3.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

alain.1659

Dude, RoF is being double teamed. I have seen several times. Just yesterday night it was a real funfest in the overlook, I was there. I know you mean well but even guys in your server (assuming that you are from GH) admitted this. Although it is not against rules, it is not very pleasant either.

in WvW

Steelo.4597

wow maybe last night for an hour.. do you really think you would just be 30k behind if it was real double teaming going on? you wouldnt even get out of spawn in EB and your home border would look like yesterday before prime all week long, being camped by abaddon. i insist: RoF is mostly left alone in this and last matchup – because the real fight is GH vs AM and RoF are just bystanders who cap paper when nobody is there – except for that small amount of time when BTA and other guilds raid you can never fight back. in fact and truth, you guys are the ones “double-teaming” because you always push the side that’s being pushed already, on account of your weakness you have no other choice.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I disagree. I’ve been on 5 servers and all 5 were different.

You’re talking about bad players if they’re using 40-50 to fight 40-50 and calling it zerg busting. You can 1:2 ratio (in >15 vs >15) if you’re in a good group vs average pugs, and higher ratio if they’re very bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

Looking from BG side, YB, then TC

in WvW

Posted by: Skinnii.3504

Skinnii.3504

RoF isnt being double teamed, you are left alone most of the day except for some ppt-hungry AM blobs cruising through your border after they tried our T3.

It’s not like a GH blob would come to RoF BL and flip a t2 bay when it’s 2 dollies from t3 and then leave, capping nothing else*. GH would never do that. GH are in it for the fights with AM and leaving poor little RoF and WSR alone.

To be honest I’d prefer to see all of RoF capped by AM than one camp capped by GH. The more ppt and glicko AM get the better. Perhaps then they will pass Augury Rock and we will get something different next week. And that reflects perfectly the sad state of WvW for RoF and WsR.

*Btw GH did that last week.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

It’s not like a GH blob would come to RoF BL and flip a t2 bay when it’s 2 dollies from t3 and then leave, capping nothing else*. GH would never do that. GH are in it for the fights with AM and leaving poor little RoF and WSR alone.

To be honest I’d prefer to see all of RoF capped by AM than one camp capped by GH. The more ppt and glicko AM get the better. Perhaps then they will pass Augury Rock and we will get something different next week. And that reflects perfectly the sad state of WvW for RoF and WsR.

And because GH capped your bay when it was 2 dollies away from T3 they’re double teaming and you hate them?
Actually RoF don’t stand a chance even when not outmanned, so maybe you should work on that and then start to complain and throw dirt at others who play the game as intended.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Aurora glade for instance. We always get rekt and always last compared to other servers. Worst of all I have to force mysef to play it if I want my legendary.

Do any of you have similiar problems?

Define “bad”. Loosing doesn’t mean you are “bad”. If you are overwhelmed for example, you are expected to loose.

Give us something to compare apples with apples.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Nobody loves Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Steelo.4597

“To be honest I’d prefer to see all of RoF capped by AM than one camp capped by GH. "

do you think we didnt notice that most of RoF thinks like that? Only thing we wonder is why you guys are so kitten salty, what did GH ever do to you except steamroll you like every other server did?

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Hey GH, what you doing down at rank 17?

Blows GH a KISS

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Blows GH a KISS

We’re all glad KISS is gone

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

There are a lot of really bad servers. I noticed the more you go down the tiers, the worse it gets. I’m on JQ and as we moved from T1 all the way down to T3, I saw a huge difference in skill. T1 you have to be on your game, T2 you still have to be pretty prepared and by the time you get to T3, you can just 1 push the other servers.

While this doesn’t reflect skill entirely, it did show that at least JQ knows how to zerg/blob.

I would say the best pugs are on BG and Mag. SoS has probably been the worst.

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Skinnii.3504

Skinnii.3504

“To be honest I’d prefer to see all of RoF capped by AM than one camp capped by GH. "

do you think we didnt notice that most of RoF thinks like that? Only thing we wonder is why you guys are so kitten salty, what did GH ever do to you except steamroll you like every other server did?

I think you misunderstand what I’m saying. I don’t hate you. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in your earlier post that it’s only AM that brings blobs to our BL.

To be honest I could try to explain to you how before the whole server linking thing we (RoF) were stuck in a rut between the top of bronze, which we were too good for and the bottom of silver which I will freely admit we weren’t good enough for. We were led to believe server linking would make it better for everyone.

Well I’d be like to know how you and more importantly Anet think it’s now better for us? And we’re potentially stuck in this matchup for the next 6 weeks. The prospect of which isn’t that exciting for us and I think you probably feel pretty much the same way. It can’t be much fun “steamrolling us like every other server did”.

Please believe me I don’t blame GH or AM for taking advantage of what you’ve been given (I lay the blame firmly with Anet) . I suspect (or hope) RoF will be paired with someone else in a few weeks and I’m sure given the same opportunity we will do the same thing. But be careful – with server linking GH are only one bad pairing away from 8 weeks of hell. In fact every server is.

in WvW

alain.1659

Well as a RoF player I have no problem with GH or AM(except they blob like hell but it is a playstyle). But I disagree of the idea that “RoF is left alone usually”. In reality, AM and GH first destroys RoF, then continues to fight among themselves. It is not like taking a battlefield advantage, I underline this part. They mutually destroy RoF “first”.

RoF is not a very good wvw server. We are outmanned and not-organized. Especially after WSR merging, our coordination went down the poopyhole. I am accustomed to see the outnumbered buff on my char. AM and GH are not deliberately double teaming, no. They want to get rid of the little brother, so they can continue their own fight. They have every right. But RoF has every right to complain and demand another match-up after 6 weeks of pure poopstorm.

in WvW

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

As a long time foe of RoF with Millers Sound I have massive respect for them actually and can understand how sucky that place is where they are at. As Skinnii already said, RoF is probably the weakest main server and had the bad luck to be considered as main server instead of adding server like Millers. If we had been in your position, we would have been steamrolled even worse I suppose, especially after some of the last defenders changed allegiance to Drakkar.
When we were still a main server, we used to laugh about Drakkar when they were forced to slaughter us because other silvers had given them a beating and they had to come down to us and RoF.

What you probably don´t know is that you have vast numbers of regular Soldiers/Knights/Squires/Generals whatever who can´t man siege as good as a Silver knight or something like that. GH is enjoying people of the rank of platin major and up, and I am pretty sure that AM does the same.

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

RoF is getting worse because people are not playing. I am not even playing anymore hardly, simply because it is extremely boring. Same MU, same unequal numbers, over n over. Roamed a couple times over the last couple of weeks found nothing overly impressive except for the fact I don’t see many friendly names that used to be around. Snooze fest. Of course RoF is unorganized with almost no one on TS because many of the players that care are sick of fighting the uphill fight.

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

A lot of SBI people have stopped playing lately. Myself included. We’ve consistently been matched up with Mag who have better and more players than us most of the time and SoS who don’t like to fight and prefer to run and play the PPT. It’s never an even fight on these match ups.

It’s likely another instance of the time of day you play. I happen to log on after work right around the time the usual two or three squads who look for fights more are on and with a couple of guild squads who are kind of like those turtles on Finding Nemo, you just sort of sit on their backs and see where you’re at when you jump off. Once those groups start winding down there’s no numbers to chase an SBI blob anymore when you know they’ll place themselves on the opposite side of you from Mags blob.

Probably another instance of time of day, our server seems to have that same problem of having too long a tail and commanders solo headbutting a blob wondering why everyone is still down the hall way of SMC lords room while they’re in the middle getting stomped with one or two people. But then at other times everyone just seems on point.

Kash
NSP

(edited by kash.9213)

in WvW

Posted by: HallmetW.7901

HallmetW.7901

Well i liked WvW a lot.. But i think the server linking is wrecking the game. I dont even like it anymore.. Also im on Ring of Fire, if you lose from nightcaping.. well ok, at least im having a good time playing.. but now omg.
We are outnumbered 24/7 and hop in blob with us 10 to 50 of them.
And ok if its only one week.. but 4 in a row now.
People from WsR and Rof should combine forces and all move to another server.
Anet is nog doing anything about it (my feeling).

Doing it again won’t help either m8

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

You deserve a medal sir.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Everything in tier 4 is hilarity. Funny things happen everyday. 60 dying on gate to a cannon? Check! 5 or 10 falling off anz vista while trying to snipe people on ol village wall? Check! Wiping a blob on tower lord with a third of the numbers? Check! Winning 1v5s? Check!

It’s pretty much eotm with more coverage issues.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Rhett.9360

Lord Rhett.9360

I know this is controversial (simply because Mag stupidly outnumbers DR) but Mag does not have many good players. The best players on the server are from Devona’s Rest, who they’re linked with. Mag relies on numbers alone. We from DR spent years fighting an uphill battle and consequently learned how to win when outmatched. Once we matched with Mag and Mag players did nothing but bash DR and blame them for all their problems (how a server with a fraction of their population could possibly cause all their problems is beyond me), it galvanized some of us and led the rest of us to quit. There are only two good commanders. The rest are terrible. X Xafire X in particular is a complete idiot who makes stupid calls and blames his zerg when things go south.

If you don’t believe me, I know people on servers who have historically been matched against Mag who can confirm that they’re complete kittene.

My Little Dolyak: Supply is Magic

in WvW

Posted by: veggies.2178

veggies.2178

Woot! Go Anvil Rock!

Axyd — [TWIN]

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Each of us is responsible for our own actions.

IMHO, many posters to these threads need immediate comforting.

NB I would have written “treatment” instead of “comforting” but it may have negative connotations.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Asa.3602

Asa.3602

I honestly feel like SoS’s server skill across is board is quite low. First they have so many casuals who don’t bother following tag. Second they have very low number of roamers, and the roamers they have generally lose in fights against other servers roamers. Their commanders just gave up attempting to fight other server because the casuals don’t have good builds and get first pushed/downed in 5secs before the fight begins so they sit in tower and ppt. The pairing with NS saved SoS from destruction. Of course from what I observe of SBI, they are not much better except they do seem to have more devoted wvwer, and they bounce back like kittenroaches after getting wiped over and over again they just keep coming back with numbers. So I give them points for devotedness, meanwhile once SoS players die they tend to lie on the ground waiting for a res or just observe. Mag doesn’t have much skill across the board when zerging, but they do have more roamers which makes them win small skirmishes and of course they have advantage in pure numbers. FA has good commanders, good numbers, and good roamers so they win across the board and established themself in t2 solidly. As for the lower tier servers, they pretty much lack everything from numbers to commanders to having ‘new’ players who just enter wvw for the first time. Most of the players in t4,5,6 just eventually transfer to a higher tier server if they decide they enjoy wvw and want to keep at it.

in WvW

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Sea of Sorrows is the worst server ever i’ve teamed up with.

I was on DH , FC , HOD , BG and now on NSP.

SoS got no map awareness , afraid to fight , dodge red dots on the map , never help allies and they are generally bad at fighting.

It’s so much frustrating compare to other server wvw. Esepecially when u merged with them for a month+

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Stop being so salty jeeze. GH has been in your position often too and being doubleteamed like crazy. I have seen you guys “doubleteam” on our home map aswell so stop trying to act like you guys never do that kind of stuff.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.