Shared WXP not the solution; Rank cap is

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

- Make World Rank cap at 250, at which you receive a Character-Bound reward.

- People will have a sense of progression, as well as motivation to play their alts at lvl 80.

Right now, there’s no cap in World Rank, so people constantly play their main character, which usually leads to burnouts and then quit the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Evolut.2398

Evolut.2398

Interesting, I like it!

E V O L U T [TRA] [CC]
Champion Paragon – #Magswag

in WvW

Posted by: Maliss.1248

Maliss.1248

Don’t like the idea of a cap I’ve played too many games where my friends disappear after hitting some artificial cap. I prefer the account bound option instead. Although a low cap is better than the current situation.

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I think this would work ONLY if the cap acted in the same way as level cap. So you’d hit rank 250, no longer get “ranks”, but keep getting WXp points.

If yup cap the amount of WXp points you can have, it drastically limits what people can do with the WXp limits (some take 200!), especially if there is no way to reset them like skill points. IF there was a cheap-ish way to reset, then people could do different WXp “specs”. Offensive specs, defensive specs, etc. Right now, since there is no reste method, you need as many points as you can get so you can have all those benefits.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Capping rank is a concept that has failed in numerous other games. I am glad Anet decided to use those failures as an example when leaving the ranks as far reaching as they are.

Also.. capping rank at 250 means half the player base would be capped. I also don’t want a character bound reward …..it is meaningless to me as a WvW player.

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

there are 9000 rank lvls.

how about each profession has cap of 1.1k?

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

What about people who already have over 250 WXP ranks?

Just make WXP and WXP traits account bound and give us a mechanic to reset WXP traits e.g. for 200 badges.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

- Make World Rank cap at 250, at which you receive a Character-Bound reward.

- People will have a sense of progression, as well as motivation to play their alts at lvl 80.

Right now, there’s no cap in World Rank, so people constantly play their main character, which usually leads to burnouts and then quit the game.

There are already a lot of players with ranks beyond 250. Are you suggesting that Anet punish them for their achievements?

No sorry, bad idea. No cap is needed.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

There are already a lot of players with ranks beyond 250. Are you suggesting that Anet punish them for their achievements?

What achievement? Running around in a giant blob PvDooring for WXP is not an achievement.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

You cant cap the Wxp ranks until they’ve added all they will to wxp. Or they would need new rewards almost every patch. >_>

Isle Of Janthir