Shatterer update comes before WvW update

in WvW

Posted by: Argos Helios.4965

Argos Helios.4965

As the title suggests, as per the Arenanet news updates, improving the quality of The Shatterer fight is more important than releasing the WvW update. The purpose of this thread is to speculate on the time frame for release of the WvW update, keeping this piece of information in mind.

(edited by Argos Helios.4965)

in WvW

Posted by: InfernusX.4936

InfernusX.4936

Looking at the current news we have and how much love WvW has gotten by anet in the past few years, the WvW overhaul will probably come with the next expansion in around 3 years and also require the next expansion to play. gg.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Not to mention the 2nd raid wing, yet they said WvW would have top priority.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

improving the quality of The Shatterer fight is more important than releasing the WvW update

At let us not forget that the devs themselves told us that WvW would be a major priority after HoT release!!!!!

And now this new, untested update which they have given us no info about or asked what we want and how we want it, is now stated for later this year; which in anet terms end of the year – last quarter!

We’ve been saying it for 2 years now, and they’ve not listened, and now it is very much too late!
I am already not playing this game as much as I used to, I might raid with my guild 3 days a week now, if I can be bothered.

WvW is just not fun any more.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

And still no comment from them despite the entire forum and reddit being in agreement that this overhaul being delayed constantly is demoralising for the community especially when we don’t know if this will benefit the game mode or not.

Release smaller overhauls gradually, focus on things that work then trickle things in over time.

Fixed some complaints with the new map? Release them.
Have an idea that could help balance the playerbase? Try it.
Want to test changes you’ve made to the Alpine maps? Test them live for a week.
Have a reward system in mind? Get it finished and release it.

Seriously, you have a playerbase that has had stale content, imbalanced combat and silly matchups for years. Having kitten beta events with livestreamers isn’t cutting it, test it live for a week (like the golem week but actually helpful) and listen to the feedback you get from the playerbase from it.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in WvW

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I dunno, but there’s an update in a week. Some are PvE some PvP some WvW. We haven’t seen the full list of updates, just the major points.

They have different teams for these things. Surely you wouldn’t want PvE focussed developers change WvW. Though I guess some will say that even the WvW focussed developers are PvE developers, but at least they would be focussed on WvW.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in WvW

psizone.8437

I dunno, but there’s an update in a week. Some are PvE some PvP some WvW. We haven’t seen the full list of updates, just the major points.

They have different teams for these things. Surely you wouldn’t want PvE focussed developers change WvW. Though I guess some will say that even the WvW focussed developers are PvE developers, but at least they would be focussed on WvW.

The WvW updates next week are minimal. It’s mostly stuff we’ve had before, we’ve had PPK before, the change to upgrades is a mix of what we have now and what we used to have, catapult supply cost is being reduced after they’d increased it without warrant and the rally change, which to be fair, does sound nice.

I’d be surprised if they add anything else, hell, I’d be shocked.

Yeah, I’d want more developers involved in WvW regardless of their focus in the game, especially if it’d mean updating the game and potentially making it a great game mode. They can’t exactly make it much worse than it currently is. The current WvW devs have made some questionable calls before, maybe some fresh eyes would do them some good.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

To be fair, the Shatterer mechanic sux so bad since way longer.

in WvW

psizone.8437

WvW has had complaints unanswered for years and is a 24/7 issue, whereas the Shatterer is active for 2 hours or so each day.

It’s like a fireman walking into a burning building and deciding to fix a broken coffee machine.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

WvW has had complaints unanswered for years and is a 24/7 issue, whereas the Shatterer is active for 2 hours or so each day.

It’s like a fireman walking into a burning building and deciding to fix a broken coffee machine.

You are preaching at the choir. However, I don’t see this as an insult considering how long it took them to address this and how many do the event each day.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Yes and they took the boxes away for the Mark II Golem and the Megadestroyer actually moves now. It’s actually fun to watch groups insta die because they go on auto attack then leave to make a snack…

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

FrizzFreston.5290

The WvW updates next week are minimal. It’s mostly stuff we’ve had before, we’ve had PPK before, the change to upgrades is a mix of what we have now and what we used to have, catapult supply cost is being reduced after they’d increased it without warrant and the rally change, which to be fair, does sound nice.

I’d be surprised if they add anything else, hell, I’d be shocked.

Yeah, I’d want more developers involved in WvW regardless of their focus in the game, especially if it’d mean updating the game and potentially making it a great game mode. They can’t exactly make it much worse than it currently is. The current WvW devs have made some questionable calls before, maybe some fresh eyes would do them some good.

Yeah, I’m just thinking that they could rebalance some of the new things at least. Not just WvW and PvP but also some guild upgrading things, or scribing stuff (which also includes WvW stuff). Tweaking the numbers should be possible without redesigning the whole thing. I mean, I don’t WvW much other than guild missions, but I definitely see some of the problems here on the forums that can easily be rebalanced without removing them entirely.

As for fresh eyes, there have been questionable calls across the whole game. :p I’m not sure that it would really change that much. Plus it seems to me that the big overhaul would involve overhauling the servers. Changing developers will only make stuff take even longer at this point. And it has been already taking too long.

in WvW

psizone.8437

Plus it seems to me that the big overhaul would involve overhauling the servers. Changing developers will only make stuff take even longer at this point. And it has been already taking too long.

Oh yeah, definitely don’t change devs on something like that, but other issues and overhauls could be worked on by newer devs.

I’d love for a PvE or PvP dev to work on the reward system for example, it only positively impacts the game mode without impacting the working of the game mode itself.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I have been critical of ANet and WvW for a couple years now but the new content in other areas does not mean they are sacrificing WvW time tables. Development isn’t a single group of people marching to a single destination. It is various teams working on various aspects of the product at once. Shatterer being overhauled may not have anything to do with the delays in the WvW design.

Pure speculation from a developer with 25+ years in the business, the WvW design and development is taking WAY longer than they originally planned and is likely in development hell right now.

As for throwing more devs on a project. That generally doesn’t work because when new devs come onto a team they actually slow development down for a while as it takes time to learn the systems and training to get them productive.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Yep because they would rather focus on adding irrelevant and unnecessary garbage to the game to cater to casuals and pve’ers who just want shiny’s rather then trying to fix a dying gamemode thats bleeding players, gg anet great priorities.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Shatterer needed a revamp. I’m good with that.

I’ve pretty much given up ever expecting wvw to be as fun or engaging as it used to be. Whenever they make a change, they might take one small step forward, but then take ten steps back with the next one.

Time to download BnS and see how entertaining it is.

SBI

in WvW

morrolan.9608

The WvW updates are what they have already told us about. There won’t be any more.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Waiting in queue to play.. #2775 in queue. Estimated wait time: 50 minutes..

::40 mins later::

Waiting in queue to play.. #1522 in queue. Estimated wait time: 74 minutes..

::2 hours later::

Waiting in queue to play.. #98 in queue. Estimated wait time: 13 minutes..

to just play the game.. lol

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

What, you don’t like having to log in at a set time to do any of the events that our expansion pack, HoT, yields?

I mean I sort of liked the way GW2 was casual with regards to “I” can login when “I” want to and play the way “I” wanted to play. Compared to post HoT whereas “I” “now” have to login at a “set” time to “play” the game the way “gw2 developers” want me to play.

Yeah, this whole HoT expansion sucks kittens. If I had access to the data I’d run some SQL to see how much time each account has played pre and post HoT. I’d wager an adult beverage or two that the 90th percentile would be most accounts are spending less time in game today than pre-expansion.

That right there is telling how the pulse of the game is. Not how much you earned of client sales due to hype and hope.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

(edited by Crapgame.6519)

in WvW

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

PVE IS IMPORTANT GUYZZZZZZZZZ

in WvW

FrizzFreston.5290

The WvW updates are what they have already told us about. There won’t be any more.

Sorry, no source, you’re just another random person making up random facts.

in WvW

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

These statements about it being their “top priority” and “big updates” are just empty words designed to keep you around long enough to maybe buy some gems before finally giving up.

Fact is, they don’t give a kitten about WvW. You can either accept it and make the best of what’s left before that’s also gone, or go elsewhere and hopefully feel valued as a customer.

Gandaran.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Sauce are the statements by the devs.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Waiting in queue to play.. #2775 in queue. Estimated wait time: 50 minutes..

::40 mins later::

Waiting in queue to play.. #1522 in queue. Estimated wait time: 74 minutes..

::2 hours later::

Waiting in queue to play.. #98 in queue. Estimated wait time: 13 minutes..

to just play the game.. lol

Not like it just came out or anything.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Go to the Guild Wars 2 launcher and scroll down the announcements to State of the game Q1 2016. Doesn’t seem to be to be made up random facts.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

FrizzFreston.5290

Go to the Guild Wars 2 launcher and scroll down the announcements to State of the game Q1 2016. Doesn’t seem to be to be made up random facts.

I obviously meant the whole “There won’t be any more”-part. There’s no way of knowing that. In fact, it’s so unlikely that the devs told us everything already. They never have done that before, thus why expect that now? It’s just illogical.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Guys…. Every WvW decision by ANET in the last 2 years has been wrong. You really think the overhaul is going to fix anything? All they will end up doing is making WvW more like EotM.

in WvW

Posted by: robotempire.2451

robotempire.2451

Everyone needs to come to grips with the reality that there is no WvW team inside ANet. There is no other explanation.

The “WVW team” is probably a helpdesk ticket category called “WvW”.

We won’t know what the actual kitten is really going on at ANet until a former dev/designer/whatever writes an explanatory forum or blog post in some corner of the internet 3 or 4 years from now.

“What had happened was…”

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I obviously meant the whole “There won’t be any more”-part. There’s no way of knowing that. In fact, it’s so unlikely that the devs told us everything already. They never have done that before, thus why expect that now? It’s just illogical.

I tell you what if there is more for WvW than what was stated for Q1 then I will send you 10g. I would love to hear from you when the devs surprised us with something that wasn’t a bug. You stated that people where making up random shtuff – when they weren’t. In fact it was easily accessible information that you chose to ignore. Have a nice day.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

FrizzFreston.5290

I tell you what if there is more for WvW than what was stated for Q1 then I will send you 10g. I would love to hear from you when the devs surprised us with something that wasn’t a bug. You stated that people where making up random stuff – when they weren’t. In fact it was easily accessible information that you chose to ignore. Have a nice day.

I read the Q1 state of the game blog many times, I read the post Gaile made before that about WvW Sneak-Peak (Basically previewing what is in the blog as well). I have no idea why you think I would ignore those. Hell, this threads title is stating The Shatterer update, which is only IN the blog.

Anyway, there’s no notion of some fact that there won’t be more changes, no notion that there won’t be balance changes or anything like that. Obviously what the devs told us is out there, and I’m not gonna dispute that. I merely dispute it when someone states it as fact that “there won’t be more.” Because that would impressive to know.
ArenaNet has been changing stuff for the good or bad without telling anyone many times. It’s not that weird to assume that they won’t with a bigger update.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I expect if there is ever a GW3 they won’t even include WvW. Too many headaches, and no way for them to wrap their PvE minds around what a WvW player wants.

in WvW

Posted by: robotempire.2451

robotempire.2451

I expect if there is ever a GW3 they won’t even include WvW. Too many headaches, and no way for them to wrap their PvE minds around what a WvW player wants.

I reckon the success or failure of Camelot Unchained will dictate what a lot of MMOs after it do. MMOs are expensive, so companies will do what is proven to make sure they get that money.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

PVE IS IMPORTANT GUYZZZZZZZZZ

We’re #1.

The blues is #1 ladies and gentlemen, the blues is #1.

I do not play no blues.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

I don’t want to defend a-net because i do agree that it takes to long and wvw is no longer bleeding players we are flat out pooring out players from wvw, but to be fair here, it is not the same devs that works on wvw that works on pve bosses. And if one area get their stuff done before wvw devs, they will ofc release it.

What you can ask your self though is why wvw is not done yet whilst shatterer is, maybe a-net need to put more people on the wvw team and preferably before also the top servers going empty in wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

I don’t want to defend a-net because i do agree that it takes to long and wvw is no longer bleeding players we are flat out pooring out players from wvw, but to be fair here, it is not the same devs that works on wvw that works on pve bosses. And if one area get their stuff done before wvw devs, they will ofc release it.

What you can ask your self though is why wvw is not done yet whilst shatterer is, maybe a-net need to put more people on the wvw team and preferably before also the top servers going empty in wvw.

They already gave up WvW, they say something different but over the years you can see they dont want to support this mode, it was just to get players in the games who liked RvR/AvA/WvW. Now they are telling us there is a cake, but the cake is a lie

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

They already gave up WvW, they say something different but over the years you can see they dont want to support this mode, it was just to get players in the games who liked RvR/AvA/WvW. Now they are telling us there is a cake, but the cake is a lie

It’s a trap!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I tell you what if there is more for WvW than what was stated for Q1 then I will send you 10g. I would love to hear from you when the devs surprised us with something that wasn’t a bug. You stated that people where making up random stuff – when they weren’t. In fact it was easily accessible information that you chose to ignore. Have a nice day.

I read the Q1 state of the game blog many times, I read the post Gaile made before that about WvW Sneak-Peak (Basically previewing what is in the blog as well). I have no idea why you think I would ignore those. Hell, this threads title is stating The Shatterer update, which is only IN the blog.

Anyway, there’s no notion of some fact that there won’t be more changes, no notion that there won’t be balance changes or anything like that. Obviously what the devs told us is out there, and I’m not gonna dispute that. I merely dispute it when someone states it as fact that “there won’t be more.” Because that would impressive to know.
ArenaNet has been changing stuff for the good or bad without telling anyone many times. It’s not that weird to assume that they won’t with a bigger update.

It’s great that you still have some faith in ANet, but at this point, after almost 3.5 years of disappointment, there’s basically no faith left in ANet from veteran WvW players. WvW has constantly gotten the short end of the stick. Never getting the attention it deserves or the communication that has been required to keep such a game mode running. It’s been supported by the community alone, with every single update by ANet content update to WvW ruining it further and further (The only update I would say has worked well is the masteries update). It’s literally been servers trying to hold the communities together while ANet destroys our game mode.

At this point, with so many promising MMOs on the horizon, WvW looks to just about to be finished. So many WvW players have already started playing Blade and Soul, with many using BnS as a bridge to the next MMO with RvR/WvW such as Crowfall or Camelot Unchained. ESO and Archeage already bled huge chunks of the community away from GW2 and ANet didn’t learn from its lessons back then. Doesn’t look like they’ll learn their lessons now either.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

I’ve pretty much completely lost faith in Anet’s ability to actually do things right. WvW was good at original launch but over the course it got stale, which is natural, but instead of adding things the game mode needs they ignore the mode entirely until they think of the bullkitten they recently put in like banners and the new BL.

My honest opinion is Anet doesn’t give a flying kitten about WvW and this “WvW overhaul” they have been working on will probably change absolutely nothing. The fact that this shatterer rework has been started/finished before the WvW overhaul is just spitting in WvW community’s faces. Sure there may be different teams but they are all developers and Anet has even said they dedicate more devs to certain things at certain times, which they did say they dedicated more devs to WvW, which was probably a lie.

The only reason this game isn’t completely dead is because its buy to play. If this game started as a subscription based game, you would really tell how bad it is now.

But it won’t change because we still have people who like to send cupcakes to Anet when they can’t even give parts of their community what their respective game modes need. Its basically like person A (Anet) and person B (other players) still supports A even though A has a person C (WvW community) being tortured in their basement.

Just my opinions.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

The top servers are already shells of their old selves. 4 maps queued heavily to one map queued lightly. tin foil hat time Perhaps they are intentionally bleeding it like this so when all WvW is EotM-style they can say that it will be an improvement. By that time the only “WvW” players will be EotM regulars anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

I dunno, but we had que to 3 maps on my server on todays reset, and i know the others had que as well. Maybe it is just your server?

Again not saying wvw are in trouble, i have said so for a year now, but it is not as bad as it is said here

The top servers are already shells of their old selves. 4 maps queued heavily to one map queued lightly. tin foil hat time Perhaps they are intentionally bleeding it like this so when all WvW is EotM-style they can say that it will be an improvement. By that time the only “WvW” players will be EotM regulars anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

The Shatterer comes alive today boys and girls. Time to rake in all those Blues and Greens. Will be interesting to see how many wipe because of not paying attention, lol.

See you in Blazeridge Steepes!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

(edited by Loosmaster.8263)