Should I stay in DB?

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

There ain’t much to play in pve anymore so I want to focus wvw next season. But Idk if I should stay on this server.

Sad to say but NA time DB is always lacking. I love zerg. But commanders don’t always go to TS and even if they do, very few hop on to listen. And we lacks the number.

Is it the same for other server’s zerg? No point to transfer I guess if they are the same.

Is wvw guild a must to have fun in wvw? Rep is what keeps me away from joining because I don’t have a fix time to play and I afraid I’ll miss the raid and be kicked. Roaming is not an option for me sadly.

Every wvw season, big guild leaves and hurt the server more. I don’t like that but I understand because I’m considering the same. I know the SEA have been amazing but I also heard it’s falling because of problems within the big guilds.

I really dunno what I should do as my pve guild is still in DB but it’s less relevant now due to megaserver.

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

We can’t answer this for you. It’s all up to you if u want to leave. There are other servers with a lot more NA coverage.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Any T1 server will have tons of people for you to zerg with. BG and TC both could use more people. JQ already has way too many people, but is also a good choice for you, since they have a 60+ zerg on all maps almost all the times.

[HUE]

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Lucey.1452

Lucey.1452

I used to be on DB for WvW.

The problem with DB is two-fold. First, it is carried by its strong SEA presence, so in it’s other time zones it is often outmatched. Second, the WvW NA population is very divided, some are heavy ppt’ers, some are fights oriented. This divide played a major role in the exodus of 6 moderate-major NA guilds from DB after the end of Season 2 (RET and WET immediately after, Agg when they dropped from T2, and more recently BMO, EA and TB).

As an fyi, almost all of these players reside in T2, most of whom are on SoS currently.

SoS
Professional Bag Farmer and Under Bridge Resider

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Hmmm that explain why CD is kicking DB atm… More guilds left it.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

I suggest transferring to FA or Mags. It will help even out T2 and most people will agree it’s the best tier for fights!

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

FA na is stacked though.

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

FA na is stacked though.

I play NA almost every night and we have been out-maned a lot lately, not sure why therefore I think we could use a bit of help.

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

If you want a quality NA WvW experience, look at FA/Maguuma both are very solid T2 WvW servers fights-wise.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

T2 is turning into T1. So any server – Jedi Quarry, Beastgate, For the toast coast, Maggummie Bears , Sea of Tomato Sauce or Fort Annihilation.

Sorry to hear about DB.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Yak’s Bend is a very consistent server when it comes to WvW. We don’t get the bandwagon crap.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

DB is pretty cancerous

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

T2 is turning into T1. So any server – Jedi Quarry, Beastgate, For the toast coast, Maggummie Bears , Sea of Tomato Sauce or Fort Annihilation.

Sorry to hear about DB.

The season wasn’t that long ago, you know how big the gap between kitten was. T2 population is down overall as well so the gap is probably the same.

Even if T2 were to fundamentally change it’s culture to pursue mainly PPT (not gonna happen anytime soon) All three would not embarrass themselves from 5pm-9pm PST, and SoS OCX might do ok.

However, our EU would be roadbump (T2 folks work hard with what they have, but there isn’t that many) and the SEA of all three servers combined would probably come close to equalling TC but would still be flattened by JQ’s

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

DB is pretty cancerous

You’re the one who kills pve scrubs in obsidian sanctum right. You’re pretty cancerous.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawkins.2035

Dawkins.2035

This saddens me to hear DB is falling. My guild just transferred to DB and it makes me feel like we made a mistake when I read these posts along with the comments I read in map chat. We have been loving the increased action but I feel like if we were to take our entire guild somewhere it should have been to a server on the rise, not the fall.

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This saddens me to hear DB is falling. My guild just transferred to DB and it makes me feel like we made a mistake when I read these posts along with the comments I read in map chat. We have been loving the increased action but I feel like if we were to take our entire guild somewhere it should have been to a server on the rise, not the fall.

Falling servers tend to have a lot of negativity as they face ever increasing tough matches with more and more people departing. Most stabilize but some drop all the way to the bottom. While I am sure some players don’t mind that ride, most prefer to be either on a stable server or one that is moving up.

IMO life is too short to have less than optimal enjoyment from a game because a player or guild is on a server they aren’t happy with. I suggest moving if you are not enjoying the play there for whatever reason(s).

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

BG and TC both could use more people. .

BG don’t need more players -.-

TC however could use some <3

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Yak’s Bend is a very consistent server when it comes to WvW. We don’t get out from behind siege and do that open field crap.

:D lol couldn’t help it!

Whispers with meat.

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

DB is pretty cancerous

You’re the one who kills pve scrubs in obsidian sanctum right. You’re pretty cancerous.

i should transfer to db then we can be one cancerous community together

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Ive been on DB since I got this game, through kaineng 2.0 and the first exodus of s1, and then through the bandwagoning of 2014 tourney. Its interesting that we have ups and downs like this and its hard to be optimistic. That being said i had fun back in the t4 days fighting BP in 2013 and if we stay t3 or t4 I’ll still have fun.

Also I’ve noticed that t3 and t4 have 6 servers with 1600 to 1650 rating so the matchup variety will be nice.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

(edited by XacTactX.6709)

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

NA people are a lot more fickle and over dramatic. If DB’s sea can hold it together while the NA sorts things out. DB will be fine. People come and go all the time, servers rise and fall. CD was fortunate with it’s SEA pop holding it together for us while NA sorted itself out. DB’s sea is one of the biggest if not largest in silver.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

All the NA servers are kittenes…the tiniest sight of losing and everyone screams the sky is falling and stacks up on the higher servers, that’s why the T1 servers are so stacked. Just think if everyone spread out there could potentially be like 9 servers that have evenish numbers. The matchups would be different week in and week out, it would be glorious.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Buffy.9246

All the NA servers are kittenes…the tiniest sight of losing and everyone screams the sky is falling and stacks up on the higher servers, that’s why the T1 servers are so stacked. Just think if everyone spread out there could potentially be like 9 servers that have evenish numbers. The matchups would be different week in and week out, it would be glorious.

Blackgate and jade quarry wouldn’t like losing.

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

DB was never a good server to WvW in even while they were T2. They were artificially in T2 because NNK/TFV and w/e Asian guilds were keeping their PPT high overnight. Then during NA times all they could or would do is backcap and avoid fights because of low pop/organization during these times.

I don’t know how DB fits in T3, I would think a lot better. If you want T2 scale/style fights, I recommend FA/Mag. Now that FA finally got here and DB’s asymmetric coverage is gone from this tier, T2 is extremely balanced right now for all 3 servers and hopefully T1/T3 or Anet won’t destabilize this anytime soon.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

However, our EU would be roadbump (T2 folks work hard with what they have, but there isn’t that many) and the SEA of all three servers combined would probably come close to equalling TC but would still be flattened by JQ’s

TC only has 1 SEA guild running now, so nope. Basically, JQ’s SEA is comparably to BG, TC, SoS, Mag and FA put together right now. EU wise, it’s tough to compare right now. There’s not a whole lot of EU on NA servers and not much we can do about it.

Also, what OCX does SoS have besides TS and BEAR? Those were the only two I saw during s2 and they got wrecked by superior numbers.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Blackgate and jade quarry wouldn’t like losing.

I think you’ll find that no one likes losing. It just depends on what you define as losing. BG has won 2 T1 matchups since TC hit T1. 2 matchups in 5 months.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Buffy.9246

Well yeah..if you have Aussies or Asians on ur sever like jq does…you win no matter when even of u have a strong na.

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

FearedbytheGods.8617

JQ’s SEA is comparably to BG, TC, SoS, Mag and FA put together right now. EU wise, it’s tough to compare right now.

wow /facepalm.

Forgetting for a moment that your comparison of JQ’s SEA is exaggerated, lets just focus on it being ‘tough to compare’ BG ticking at 400ppt during EU time as of only yesterday.

Is this the new BG tactic for S3, highlight what JQ can do, not what it cant do?

(edited by FearedbytheGods.8617)

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: SABeefeater.9735

SABeefeater.9735

JQ’s SEA is comparably to BG, TC, SoS, Mag and FA put together right now. EU wise, it’s tough to compare right now.

wow /facepalm.

Forgetting for a moment that your comparison of JQ’s SEA is exaggerated, lets just focus on it being ‘tough to compare’ BG ticking at 400ppt during EU time as of only yesterday.

Is this the new BG tactic for S3, highlight what JQ can do, not what it cant do?

Please stop downplaying how overly stacked your SEA is. No one buys it.

Tarnished Coast

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

FearedbytheGods.8617

Please stop downplaying how overly stacked your SEA is. No one buys it.

JQ’s always had strong SEA, anyone who follows WvW would know this.

If you look at the current score Mos score BG and JQ are almost even (with BG ahead slightly). To make statements like like ‘overly stacked’ would imply there should be less, which would, given the current climate hand wins to BG every week. But that would be even?

In any event getting back to the original point that stated 5 tier 1 and 2 servers would break even against one tier 1 server timezone is silly and discounted the fact that BG has long been seen as having the strongest EU presence compared to any other NA server.

(edited by FearedbytheGods.8617)

Should I stay in DB?

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

Since this discussion has turned into a match-up thread, we’ll now close it.

Thank you for your understanding.