Should Kodan Tonic/Combat Tonics be allowed?

in WvW

Posted by: VunDola.7596

VunDola.7596

While its great that this new tonic has combat mode allows, many animations are bugged/not shown (ie dodge). An item that changes or hides combat skill animations means that the opposing player has less counter play and and cannot rely on telegraphs anymore to out play a player with the tonic.

Should this or any other combat tonic be allowed in wvw in the future? Does it mean that everyone in wvw will run a combat tonic get that competitive edge in the maps? Is this the death of the human female meta and the rise of kodans?

Please discuss ^_^

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

You must be some sort of god to see the animations of a single person in a zerg of 50…

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I also think the “meta” was tiny asura in all black, so you couldn’t see anything at all anyways.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

The lack of a dodge animation is concerning.

in WvW

VunDola.7596

You must be some sort of god to see the animations of a single person in a zerg of 50…

WvW is never only about playing in a zerg, please remember there are roamers as well as smaller skirmish fights that happen.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

WvW is never only about playing in a zerg, please remember there are roamers as well as smaller skirmish fights that happen.

I doubt they would make a change for only a small segment of the population.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

I doubt they would make a change for only a small segment of the population.

Thats the problem isnt it? They rather listen to the majority that likes zergging mindlessly and play lemmings instead of small scale where the skills matter the most specially when outnumbered.

in WvW

VunDola.7596

It might be important to note that this aspect is also applicable in zerg/guild raids in wvw due to the fact that you often focus target on one or two targets. If the targets were using kodan tonic and dodged, you would put your skill on full cd instead of stowing it.

These small things sound like they don’t really matter but sometimes fights can be won or lost due to these things. If they continue with this trend of adding combat tonics and in the worse case scenario just use basic animations (see lowest quality character model animations) this means that no combat animations would be distinct and the level of skill in wvw would drop dramatically.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

“I find your lack of animations disturbing.”

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis.1372

Artemis.1372

The Kodan tonic lightning spam is bothering me more than the lack of dodge animation at this point.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I believe the “Basic models” option still works in WvW ? So you can enable that, and it would override all the Kodan Tonics anyways ?

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

It might be important to note that this aspect is also applicable in zerg/guild raids in wvw due to the fact that you often focus target on one or two targets. If the targets were using kodan tonic and dodged, you would put your skill on full cd instead of stowing it.

These small things sound like they don’t really matter but sometimes fights can be won or lost due to these things. If they continue with this trend of adding combat tonics and in the worse case scenario just use basic animations (see lowest quality character model animations) this means that no combat animations would be distinct and the level of skill in wvw would drop dramatically.

I don’t see how it matters that the dodges aren’t visible when stealth already exists. You have plenty of things that can hit you from stealth, which means you can’t see them coming, only predict.

Kodan tonic has all the animations and they’re even larger than normal making it easier to fight. The dodge has just turned in to a quick step instead of a roll which is more difficult to read but no harder to predict.

I don’t think it needs to be disallowed when it has only one small issue that some players are making a big deal out of because they’ll blame anything instead of themselves for a loss.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I am a roamer and have been since game release because my PC can’t handle zergs but still it’s the same, get chased by a zerg of 50. Ain’t gonna help all that much.
Even roaming skirmish groups it doesn’t matter all that much, the Nec is still gunna get focused and the majority of the group will most likely be ready to stealth bomb you for it.

Just being realistic.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)