Should Omega Golem Be Nerfed?

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

Defending against outnumbered odds has nothing to do with dealing with golems, it has to do with manpower.

In fact, it has everything to do with golems.

Let’s look at 2 scenario that start the same way :

You take one of your keep and spend 10s of gold to upgrade it and siege every gates/walls to counter every possible attacks you are able to imagine. Your keep is now fully upgraded/sieged and you are ready to receive the enemy zerg. You know the enemies will hit at dawn, when most of your troops are asleep leaving you with only a few defenders. This is why you spent all day making sure your defense were ready to receive them. And then they come, greatly outnumbering you…

Scenario 1

The enemy come at you with flame rams, catapults and trebuchets. But since you prepared a nice defense, you are able to counter their attacks one after another. Still, your keep is taking damage slowly. They were able to take most of your siege down with their own and your supply is running low. Slowly and surely, they are getting inside your keep that you want it or not, but you will not give up without a fight.

After many successive attacks from your enemies, the keep is finally taken… Still it has been an awesome battle where you called in every reinforcement you could find, where you made suicidal run on enemy trebuchets to delay them, where you ran supply from a far distant camp just to be able to build some counter siege at last minute and where a kitten ton of awesome fights happened.

All in all, it was a pretty nice experience.

Scenario 2

The enemy charge in with a couple of Omegas. You don’t even have time to wake up your fellow defenders that are currently dreaming about guild missions that the keep is already taken.

Not much happened. They appeared, PvDoored the gate, walked in lord room and took it. It wasn’t much of fight, certainly not a challenge in any way and hardly interesting for anyone.

So, which one do you want? #1 or #2?

The time it takes to take it and the fact that there is no hard counter unlike every other siege is what make it a problem.

If you are from Arena Net and happen to read it (which I really doubt), I have one thing to say :

Bring back WvW!

Afala – Ehmry Bay

(edited by Gudradain.3892)

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

(bunch of stuff that doesn’t hold, then:)
Anyways saying you have to suicide and respawn on the other side of the map just to weaken their OP siege should prove that it is OP.

Embellishing a bit, aren’t you? Since this is a post about defending against omega golem rushes, where would you be defending that your spawn is on the other side of the map?

The “suiciding” means that there’s no point in just milling around behind the gate waiting for it to drop – you get out there with whoever isn’t manning siege or protecting siege and you put pressure on the group that can’t proceed until the gate is down. If you die on it, so be it – you respawn and haul tail back and abuse them while they try to break through inner. The major advantage to inner being that you can have whoever is running back set up addition siege along the outer wall to compliment the inner wall siege, and you can bring serious fire to bear on the golems.

I’ve done it, the OP has done it (because I’ve watched him do it), and other posters have done it. What do you want – a ten supply trick that detonates all golems within a 5000 radius?

500 badges is trivial for a non-casual player. For a more casual player, it’ll take a bit longer but it’s not some epic quest.

If it was trivial they wouldn’t cost 2.5 – 3 gold per golem.

Money cost of buying five alpha siege golem blueprints (without badges) plus a markup. Price mystery solved. If you’re really going to argue that 500 badges is a prohibitive number, then I’ve got to think you’re on a slow enough server that omega rushes aren’t the de facto tactic, unless your opponents are heavy farmers and also invest that into WvW. Because otherwise, it’s no big deal.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

Out of all the sieges golems can be crit and conditioned putting them at a much higher disadvantage then other sieges. Its also very hard to remove these conditions on the golem.

I figured that this was worth quoting, since it was apparently missed based on the subsequent posts in this thread.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Chairface.9036

Chairface.9036

Embellishing a bit, aren’t you? Since this is a post about defending against omega golem rushes, where would you be defending that your spawn is on the other side of the map?

The spawn your defending will be contested except for spamming.

The “suiciding” means that there’s no point in just milling around behind the gate waiting for it to drop – you get out there with whoever isn’t manning siege or protecting siege and you put pressure on the group that can’t proceed until the gate is down. If you die on it, so be it – you respawn and haul tail back and abuse them while they try to break through inner.

Manning siege protecting siege?

I’m assuming you know omegas can shoot up over walls and hit all siege? The main point of the omega is kill everything on the walls in mere seconds, players and siege both drop in just a couple hits. That frees up the blob to build as many sup rams as they want and with the help of the golems melt the gate down before you can say gg wp.

It’s called a rush because its meant to be done very fast before you meet any defense. You know…PVD stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

A special anti-golem NPC (Saboteur) could be employed as a defender when (whichever server is winning) attacks a keep with siege golems. They could either have the power to disable golems themselves or stand inside as a vendor distributing powerful new bundles.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

Omegas are only really in danger from 3 things:

- Cannons (easy to clear)
- Mortars with explosive shells (low fire rate)
- A bigger zerg then your own

They are basically for steamrolling when you outnumber the enemy.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Ballista can bring down golem even do a bit slow. Biggest problem is that players down next to golem can shoot away all defensive siege even do there is no way there skill can hit that fare.

(edited by Shadow.3475)

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

It’s not fun to play with omegas in their current state.

I have an absolute blast with Omega’s. You must not be doing it right or something.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

I think omegas should be removed. Alphas you can deal with even though you’re outnumbered thanks to a smart defence. Omegas is too strong and too easy to cap fully upgraded keeps.

Underworld – [ZERK]

in WvW

Posted by: Lauri.1342

Lauri.1342

Omegas should be nerfed. They have way too much health for a mobile siege weapon. Gate melts too fast wenn enemy, has a army of golems. Its truly pay to win.

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

lol at “pay to win” when that’s how the entire game is played. Or have you forgotten how the mojority of servers purchase guilds for easy wins? Golems are an extension of that. They’re also a means for a smaller populated server to quickly take out a fully upgraded and sieged keep before a blob appears. Thier price is already reasonably priced for what they can do.

Fully upgraded keep (with no added siege): About 6g
Price per omega: 5g

To answer the thread question: no.

I would also like to propose the addition of adding laser beams onto the heads of trained sharks.

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

I am in agreement with the overall thought that Omega’s are too powerful and lack counters in the siege game. This problem became significantly worse with the introduction of golem mastery, which I believe might need a nerf regardless.

Now, with that said, I do prefer creative solutions over straight up easy nerfs. So here is my suggestion:

New Siege: Lightning Coil
Standard Blueprint Cost: 1g / 100 Badges
Supply Cost: 150
Functionality: A tower-like structure the height of a trebuchet, with direct-targeting lightning based abilities that deal high damage to golems. Abilities coming from the Lightning Coil originate from the top of the tower to allow firing over various terrain, but require line of sight.

Ability 1: Lightning Strike - Fire a bolt of lightning from the Lightning Coil at the target, dealing 3000 damage and 25% extra damage to golems. Casting time: 1 second. Cooldown: 5 seconds. Range: 2500.

Ability 2a: Attract Magnetic Storm - Fire a charge at a hostile golem, causing it to attract a Magnetic Storm. Target golem affected by Magnetic Storm periodically deals 8000 damage to itself and nearby golems in a 1200 degree radius. Does not damage non-golems. Casting time: 1 second. Cooldown: 30 seconds. Duration: 15 seconds. Range: 2500.

Ability 2b: Magnetic Storm Implosion - Cause the Magnetic Storm to end early, pulling all hostile targets in a 900 degree radius towards the affected golem, and dealing 3000 damage to all targets caught in the blast.

Ability 3: Discharge - Unload accumulated energy in a 600 degree radius around the Lightning Coil, dealing 3000 damage and completely disabling golems for 30 seconds. After use, the Lightning Coil is also disabled for 10 seconds while it recharges. Casting time: 1 second. Cooldown: 60 seconds.

Mastery Rank 5 Ability: Chain Lightning - Fire a bolt of lightning from the Lightning Coil at the target, dealing 5000 damage to the first target and jumping to 10 additional targets, dealing 10% less damage with each jump. Golems are priority targets for Chain Lightning jumps. 50% extra damage to golems. Casting time: 2 seconds. Cooldown: 45 seconds. Range: 2500.

Rank points:
1- Increase damage done to golems using Lightning Coil abilities by an additional 20%.
2- Increase Lightning Coil ability range by 300.
3- Magnetic Storm Implosion now also disables affected golems for 10 seconds.
4- Increase the radius of Magnetic Storm and Discharge by 300.
5- Unlock ability 4.

This should slow down the golem march and force them to spread out and not stack too much (a direct nerf to time warped golems). Damage numbers could be tweaked but you get the idea. I think we lack a more defensive piece of siege equipment on the scale of a Trebuchet which is (intended to be) a mostly offensive weapon.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

(edited by Raap.9065)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

So much arguing about one thing when you could fix a major flaw in WvW with a simple idea:

Limit superior siege numbers. Period.

Maybe only 10 allowed in a zone? That rich server want to cover keeps in superior arrowcarts? Tough luck, you can only place 1-2 in each. And if you do, you cant build omegas or other offensive superior siege, you are limited to normal. If you go full offensive and build 10 omegas to keep ready for an assault you cant defend your keeps with superior arrowcarts.

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

1- Mass a zerg/Grow a pair
2- Disable Golems
3- Stack behind portal
4- Drop viel
5- Push out
6- Necro bomb the golems
7- Repeat until golems are dead even if most of you die as the enemy most likely lacks the supply to build anymore siege on gate.

We delete golem pushes and other sieging by growing a pair and going out the portal screaming YOLOSWAG360NOSCPOEZ1337BLAZE and we usually win or atleast take out so many people they don’t come back. We are not playing Call of Duty after all so no one cares about your Kills/Deaths.

Go nuts.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

(edited by GROMIT.7829)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

omega is ok by itself
army of omega can get wiped with proper scouts

it is totally server population issue like others said, anet have to resolve the population issue.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Arctisavange.7260

Arctisavange.7260

What if id told you that each and every golem here was wiped by good siege placement and with help of some disablers.

Like many have stated- wiping omegas is strictly server population problem.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Hit their golems with your golems.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Gudradain.3892

What if id told you that each and every golem here was wiped by good siege placement and with help of some disablers.

Like many have stated- wiping omegas is strictly server population problem.

I’m not even surprised that they got killed. I have done and countered a few golem rushes like that and it all ended the same way for the attackers : a very lame wipe.

Golems are not a replacement for a strong zerg. Through trial and error, I have find out that you need roughly 5-10 players per Omega to make a nice rush, that more than 10 golem is usually too much and that 5 golems is usually enough.

But in that video, they also did everything wrong…

- Take too many golems
- Barely any zerg to protect the golems
- Zerg that is not in golems don’t even seem organized
- Attack stonemist first to make sure they are spotted giving them plenty of time to regroup
- Seems to make golem charge right in canon fire
- Failed mesmer port
- With that many golems, you can still see arrow cart fire

Like I said, I would have been surprised if it had worked.

Still, the problem stand that when you outnumber your opponents and you have a solid organized zerg, omega golems are the magic solution to flip the entire map in a few minutes.

The problem is not that a bigger zerg than you is able to take your objectives no matter what you do. Of course they should be able to take your objectives with enough effort. The problem is the speed at which they can do it because they are using Omegas.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Gudradain.3892

It works to kill other omegas for sure. An omega are a good way to kill another omega.

Only problem is that the gate will go down before you are able to kill it… At which point omega become irrelevant as the zerg run through the keep.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

It works to kill other omegas for sure. An omega are a good way to kill another omega.

Only problem is that the gate will go down before you are able to kill it… At which point omega become irrelevant as the zerg run through the keep.

Got evidence of that? My experience suggest otherwise. I feel as if you react to anyone who disagrees with you by making impulsive replies, whether you actual know something is true or not. Omegas take damage fast. They take damage faster then the door, and they take great damage from players. I have yet to see you offer any compelling argument that supports making any changes.

in WvW

Gudradain.3892

Got evidence of that? My experience suggest otherwise. I feel as if you react to anyone who disagrees with you by making impulsive replies, whether you actual know something is true or not. Omegas take damage fast. They take damage faster then the door, and they take great damage from players. I have yet to see you offer any compelling argument that supports making any changes.

Let’s look at number together since you don’t believe in experience.

There are some people that have taken the time to measure the wall/gate damage for us. Like this one for example :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S0RkQUsaXhBmv4y1dN7YtFWmuUq8VsUBUk1uxTj4AZw/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Now let’s look at a concrete example :

You have 10 Omegas attacking a keep with Reinforce gate

Reinforce Gate HP : 610000
DPS Omega : 1938
DPS of 10 Omega : 19380

So

Time it takes to destroy the gate = Reinforce Gate HP / DPS of 10 Omega
Time it takes to destroy the gate = 610000 / 19380
Time it takes to destroy the gate = 31.5 seconds

Now, there is 2 gates

Total time destroying gate = 31.5 seconds * 2 = 63 seconds

And the golem need to move, let’s say they waste 1 minute moving between gate.

Total Time = 2 minutes to destroy both gates once they started on the first one.

You also have to consider that mesmer feed back, player pvdooring, player buiding ram, golem mastery and it can go even faster.

Now let’s look how much health those 10 omegas have.

Omega HP : 270,635
HP of 10 Omeaga : 2,706,350

Do you think that you have the time to kill those 10 omegas before they take down your gates in 2 minutes considering that they are protected by a zerg that greatly outnumber you?

Experience have teach me hundred of times that the gates go down before the omegas are killed. Then you might be able to wipe the enemy zerg in lord room but at this point the omegas have already did their job which is to get you in.

There is no counter to a well organized raid of omegas except beating all the enemy zerg which you can’t do when they are as good as you and greatly outnumber you.

It’s game over as it’s impossible to stop the omegas in time. This is the problem.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

(edited by Gudradain.3892)

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

remove them from the game. it’s better that way…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

No. …………………

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

Remove people from the game and let the golems play in peace. It’s better that way.

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Remove people from the game and let the golems play in peace. It’s better that way.

A+

Best response in thread.

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Very funny response.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

A good nerf would be rockets fire in a strait line instead of being thrown like its a kittenin basketball game, would completely stop them shooting over keep walls to hit siege and everything else

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

Hmm I can understand your concern about them after having been on both ends, one where we charge into a keep with 20+ golems and other times when we are defending against them. Ballistas are no doubt the key to countering golems but as others have stated line of sight can be a big problem. If there was a more mobile anti golem siege weapon introduced maybe that could help balance things out more, maybe like a charrzooka that acts as like a heat seeking missle to bring down golems. I remember when I used to play a game called Planetside that was generally how you dealt with heavy mechs and tanks, most people would bring out their rocket launchers and bring them down. They sacrificed their ability to fight infantry, but thats kind of the point. It would also be a quicker counter to golems than the hard to hit with ballistas and also the ballistas lack of a shield to defend itself.

in WvW

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

Imo omegas definitely have a good place in WvW, i need to agree that omega’s can be pretty OP whenever used in low populated servers due to the fact that low populated servers have less manpower to grab sups+dollies barely get sniped. And because of that the supplycost of omega’s doesn’t matter that much in lower tier servers. In higher tier servers 150 sups is a substantial amount and after making a golemrush you often need some time to recover.
There are various ways of countering an omega rush: scouting, keeping on pushing, balli, mortar, cannon, reflects. Incase the omega zerg is like 10-15+ you can just start focussing on the non omegas first. it’s only usefull to have like 3-4 omega’s while engaging in combat (just for the swirls) having like 10 often only weakens your zerg because the omega attack is very slow and easy dodgeable.
Last but not least, because evry1 uses superior sieges nowadays+disablers it is possible to fully siegeup a tower/keep, making it impossible to take it down without omega golems.

I don’t mind putting effort in taking down a tower/keep and I won’t be insta pushing with omega’s all the time, but sometimes it’s just required to break up the static wvw combat (like all towers t3 and no way of capping enemy’s tower)

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

in WvW

Shadow.3475

the krytan assassin.9235 problem is with 20 Omega it dont mater, been with on SFR were we had queue on map and enemy manage to TP in 20 Omega and scout called out but before reinforcment came inner gate was down and enemy had 30 Omega + 50 players in Lordroom, first 1player attack keep so sword get up (tp out of use) scout report one thife Watergate then you TP in 20golem and 50players rush in and remove Canon and rest off siege in 3sec, 8sec later gate down and then 5sec after that golem TP to inner gate with then go down in 10sec so within 60sec you broken in to T3 keep and are in lordroom.

in WvW

Shadow.3475

So my sugestion is still limit how manny players/siege that can damage a gate/wall, say 2 Omega/alpha, 3rams/cat/treb or 15players.

in WvW

coglin.1867

Let’s look at number together since you don’t believe in experience.

There are some people that have taken the time to measure the wall/gate damage for us. Like this one for example :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S0RkQUsaXhBmv4y1dN7YtFWmuUq8VsUBUk1uxTj4AZw/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Now let’s look at a concrete example :

You have 10 Omegas attacking a keep with Reinforce gate

Reinforce Gate HP : 610000
DPS Omega : 1938
DPS of 10 Omega : 19380

So

Time it takes to destroy the gate = Reinforce Gate HP / DPS of 10 Omega
Time it takes to destroy the gate = 610000 / 19380
Time it takes to destroy the gate = 31.5 seconds

Now, there is 2 gates

Total time destroying gate = 31.5 seconds * 2 = 63 seconds

And the golem need to move, let’s say they waste 1 minute moving between gate.

Total Time = 2 minutes to destroy both gates once they started on the first one.

You also have to consider that mesmer feed back, player pvdooring, player buiding ram, golem mastery and it can go even faster.

Now let’s look how much health those 10 omegas have.

Omega HP : 270,635
HP of 10 Omeaga : 2,706,350

Do you think that you have the time to kill those 10 omegas before they take down your gates in 2 minutes considering that they are protected by a zerg that greatly outnumber you?

Experience have teach me hundred of times that the gates go down before the omegas are killed. Then you might be able to wipe the enemy zerg in lord room but at this point the omegas have already did their job which is to get you in.

There is no counter to a well organized raid of omegas except beating all the enemy zerg which you can’t do when they are as good as you and greatly outnumber you.

It’s game over as it’s impossible to stop the omegas in time. This is the problem.

Fact remains that 10 defending omegas will destroy 10 attacking omegas, long before the 10 attacking omegas destroy the first gate.

in WvW

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235 problem is with 20 Omega it dont mater, been with on SFR were we had queue on map and enemy manage to TP in 20 Omega and scout called out but before reinforcment came inner gate was down and enemy had 30 Omega + 50 players in Lordroom, first 1player attack keep so sword get up (tp out of use) scout report one thife Watergate then you TP in 20golem and 50players rush in and remove Canon and rest off siege in 3sec, 8sec later gate down and then 5sec after that golem TP to inner gate with then go down in 10sec so within 60sec you broken in to T3 keep and are in lordroom.

gate still takes 34 sec to take down (according to spreadsheet, can be lowered to 17 when all 20 golems have TW, you can man oil for extra 3 sec invul etc. there are ways to stall it abit and in general you should have some time to react. Also 20 golems don’t just show up on a map, it takes 3k sups, so you must’ve seen drained camps/drained keeps. also teleporting 20golems is normally a big mess because you have: inexp golem users, people who don’t take portal, people with traveler runes who refuse to slow down etc. all delaying the golems and making them more visable. Incase evrything went exactly according to plan etc i can say nothing but GJ to the enemy server. Also i think that it’s justified that such blob has a higher chance of capping the keep, since they wasted 3k sups on this attack only and it will take a while be4 they’re rebuild again.

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

in WvW

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

No more nerfs!!! Stop asking for nerfs on kitten.
Buff
other
aspects

Naz ©

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

There are 2 classes in game that completely can nullify a omega golem atack, defense in this game is far from being good or important, they made the game “noob” friendly for the player feel rewarded and pretend he is doing something hard.

just bring zerg build flash trebs or catas on a hill or under a cliff where keep walls are they will damage it.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Shadow.3475

the krytan assassin.9235 maybe they change it now, Before it was down in less then 10sec and ofc it have to be a Guild that runs the golem/mesmers, in spawn you make the 20golems, you can if you dont have queue jump to the new map and Garry at homeborder and so on to get supply, then you get them to were the rune between hills and garry is with 1 mesmer, have 1 thife attack wg or even better gate next to Bay so it get under attack then have 3mesmer hidding close to water next to WG and then all 3 mesmer move about half way up stairs start portal then run back swim over water and start other part off portal, same time the mesmer next to golem start portal and he and the 50players run to were the 3portals end up he starts the otherside off portal the 50players TP and golem TP that way you have in like 20sec move 50player + 20golem to WG and start attcking it.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Sigh.

Golems are only as good as the poeple piloting them and the people defending. Here’s a video of one of my favorite fails. Pay attention to the chat window. Priceless.

This is one of many examples. Just do a search for golem fail GW2. There’s another one I love where one guy with a cannon destroys 40 golems. That’s it.

It doesn’t matter how much dps a golem does. The same effect can be done with 6 rams. So nerf rams? No.

If you don’t have the population to scout, man defensive siege, and respond to a golem threat, that is the issue, not the golem.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

maybe instead of nerfs, why not buffing something? maybe buff damage of ballistas or cannons on golems.

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Considering they are very expensive right now (almost 5g), its perfectly alright. No need for a nerf.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Get a couple of condi necros to bleed one and a guardian friend for stability on the walls and epidemic to win eazy! :P

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Get a couple of condi necros to bleed one and a guardian friend for stability on the walls and epidemic to win eazy! :P

yah righ condis are the solution for everything right? :p

also mesmer is nice to counter omegas

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

how to kill golems in keeps with low defender-numbers:
build a row of 7 ballistas behind every outer gate (costs 320 supps per row)
man it with 7 people that have targeted a omega from above the wall
wait for the gate to drop
all balistas fire spreadshot and skill #3
problem solved (and the zerg usually dies with them)
enjoy your stomps.

in case it fails, you definitively should have dealt enough damage to deal with the rest via your inner defenses.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Q: Should Omega Golem Be Nerfed?
A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei-P8KUgVrg

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

had an enemy server rush our keep with over 8 omegas several times and we defended each time with nothing but 4 ACs and a catapult so they are counterable as long your server isnt brain dead

in WvW

Chairface.9036

had an enemy server rush our keep with over 8 omegas several times and we defended each time with nothing but 4 ACs and a catapult so they are counterable as long your server isnt brain dead

They didn’t just 1 shot your AC’s with the omega’s? Your server might not be braindead but sounds like theirs is.

in WvW

Posted by: papaiggy.1345

papaiggy.1345

So let me get this right the complaint is that you can’t just stick 40000 AC’s on a wall and sit there raining death on the people trying to get in because GASP they countered your AC’s with Golems which from what I can tell is pretty much what they are designed to do. Otherwise what is stopping you from just building 40000 AC’s on anything and just sitting inside yawning as you murder anyone who comes near the place.

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

Now try doing that when you dont have an equally sized zerg to take them on.

in WvW

coglin.1867

Show a video proving he can’t.

I see a great deal of people “claiming” you cannot defend against them, or that they are too strong, yet not a single poster has shown a video themselves losing to golems when there were even numbers of players on both sides of the battle. Until you have a video with yourself in it, it is by definition, nothing more then unfounded claims.

in WvW

Chairface.9036

So let me get this right the complaint is that you can’t just stick 40000 AC’s on a wall and sit there raining death on the people trying to get in because GASP they countered your AC’s with Golems which from what I can tell is pretty much what they are designed to do. Otherwise what is stopping you from just building 40000 AC’s on anything and just sitting inside yawning as you murder anyone who comes near the place.

There’s plenty of ways to clear ac’s, if your good. Treb’s, cata’s, counter ac’s, well placed ballistas , elementalists.

That requires a proper assault tho and you can’t just rush a cap in under 1 min like with an omega army.

in WvW

Chairface.9036

Show a video proving he can’t.

I see a great deal of people “claiming” you cannot defend against them, or that they are too strong, yet not a single poster has shown a video themselves losing to golems when there were even numbers of players on both sides of the battle. Until you have a video with yourself in it, it is by definition, nothing more then unfounded claims.

Hey coglin I miss your objective/subjective quote where it go?

Don’t think people are saying their OP with “equal” size zergs altho it does give a sustain advantage.

Mostly it’s about min/maxing to cap a keep before the response time of the defending army.