Should World Linking be delayed?

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

I don’t know the status of other servers but I have noticed that the number of players in WvW today on my server is a lot higher than normal.
If this is the case for other servers it may be worth holding off on world linking to see if this is a short term effect.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

It’s just a live beta test, along with the reward tracks, it should go ahead for the sake of testing the change.

Not all worlds will be linked, the problem with content like this, the influx of players it’s mostly short lived, like WvW/PvP seasons. Lower pop servers probably won’t notice much themselves (until the links happen), most players are already on higher ranked servers.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

People are logging in again to check out the upcoming world linking. It would be really bad sign to delay it now that there is enough interest.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The Dev’s have to look at current population levels before they “link” anyone. Way too many transfer’s the past two weeks.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Hell no do not delay it. I want to see WVW packed like on release years ago. This is my dream don’t kill it so soon!

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I don’t see a point to delaying it. Yesterday’s “higher than normal” levels of players was due to everyone checking out the new changes.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Its a beta test. Let it happen and see if / how people abuse the system.

in WvW

Nidome.1365

For the past few months a small queue on EB during “prime time”, a few people on home border and one or two roamers on the enemy borders unless someone turns the home border group into a borderhop one.

Today: Small queue on EB all day, hit “prime time” and that EB queue shoots up plus queues on two borders – more than 3 times the number of players that we normally get…..

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Well, the whole point of testing a live beta, is that they need people online to test it

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

If this is the case for other servers it may be worth holding off on world linking to see if this is a short term effect.

It is a short term effect. People are going to be naturally curious about the changes and new rewards. Plenty will stick around but no where near enough to invalidate any plans to halve the server count. T8 is still going to be T8 because there is no one playing down there.

While I think pairing NA servers with EU servers probably would have been a better idea, this system is going to be a boon overall.

Since the leak seems to be legit at this point, it’s pretty obvious that Anet plans to pair up servers in such a way that they both equal a “Full” server. I doubt we are going to see any pairings that end up sticking a T1 and T2 server together for instance.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Nidome.1365

Queues are even bigger today.
My main concern is that queues could put people off coming back to WvW and linking servers would only make any such queues worse.

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

No. Stuff those maps full and make WvW an event again.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Queues are even bigger today.
My main concern is that queues could put people off coming back to WvW and linking servers would only make any such queues worse.

I wager that the EB queues grow and the desert BLs remain unchanged.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

I don’t understand your reasoning. This is a problem that been up and down during the years we played and it have to be solved. A-net is ready to make a beta and want to TRY it live, and for that they need us to be there and participate as if this was like any other day in wvw. There is nothing to wait for. The problem is still there, it just have it ups and downs.