Should WvW be like War of Emperium?

in WvW

Posted by: GenoGar.5497

GenoGar.5497

If you guys don’t know, in Ragnarok Online, there is a GvG mode called War of Emperium (WoE) where guilds take over castles and try to hold them until the mode ends. The point of the mode is to hold the castles when the mode ends and any castles you still have you’re allowed to loot everything inside.

The positives is that a mode like this doesn’t use PPT but rather a flat “you got it/you don’t got it”, meaning a crucial team fight at the last second could mean a castle for your guild. Likewise, small contingencies can sneak a castle at the last second if it’s poorly guarded. Since the schedule is set in stone and only for a few hours, night coverage wouldn’t be a thing. Being “swingy” may sound bad but it makes the game alive until it ends. With PPT, being super behind is like “why bother trying”.

The negatives of this system is that to translate this kind of mode to GW2 would mean that there wouldn’t be a 24/7 game mode. Also the nature of capping objectives at the last second means the game becomes swingy which may encourage collusion between servers even more. If this was for weekends only, people who play during the week wouldn’t be able to participate.

But I feel like if WvW was just a weekend event it would be a lot better than the night capping problems and the barrenness of non-Gold servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Who’s weekend?
Your weekend on Sat/Sunday, or those who have their weekend on other days due to their job?

Who’s Night?
Your night or my night, because Im sure our “nights” are not the same since I dont work a 9-5 job.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Doing PPT cap @5 minutes before tick…is ok for a camp, but for the Base Reward Mechanic for all of WvW…

You’re right…it’s “Too swingy” for me. Sorry, but I’ll have to pass on this suggestion, but thanks for trying to offer a solution for ANet to consider.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

No it should be like WvW not some random game you like.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE