Should ban Foods & Sharpening Stone in WWW

in WvW

Posted by: Nuoper.7503

Nuoper.7503

Food & Sharpening Stone boost attribute too high. It just makes WvWvW too hardcore and become only 80 level players battlefield.
For low level players, they are hard to survive. Anet should ban all buff from foods and sharpening stone in WvWvW and make the “Survival rate” of Level 80 and low level more balance.

in WvW

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

Or you could finish leveling and come back like everyone else?

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

or just use lower level foods… +30 upscaled is pretty close to +70.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

It’s a side effect of having a WOW-style economy where nothing decays. Eventually nobody has a use for crafting anymore because they already have the gear they need. Solution? Consumables.

It’s really just an added expense that results in the playing field being equal again once everyone is using consumables all the time.

Bogus economic model, basically. If they did what you suggest it would probably sweep the legs out from under the crafters.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Omens.5768

Dark Omens.5768

Idk imo if u aren’t 80 I’m gonna own u 9 times outta 10 food or no food so just gonna have to live with that either way. Same with any geared 80.

in WvW

Posted by: manbearpig.8095

manbearpig.8095

if you wanna be a lowbie and be overpowered make a new toon find a keep that has the +40 stat upgrades and enjoy having 2500 in all stats and 36333 hp for 4-5 lvls

kintai yuhara 80 necro [RE]

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Is the OP from North Korea?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Food & Sharpening Stone boost attribute too high. It just makes WvWvW too hardcore and become only 80 level players battlefield.
For low level players, they are hard to survive. Anet should ban all buff from foods and sharpening stone in WvWvW and make the “Survival rate” of Level 80 and low level more balance.

The difference between a level 80 sharpening stone and a level 45 sharpening stone is 2%. The situation is similar with food buffs. If you think that 2% is going to significantly increase your survival rate compared with the overall gear disadvantage between those levels, you need to think again … and again … and again until it finally sinks in that it won’t. I’m a level 80 and I don’t even use the level 80 stones because the level 60 ones are so much cheaper and have only 1% less buff.

There are lots of valid things to complain about in WvW, but this isn’t one of them.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

No.

If they want to add the ability to have all your traits and skills unlocked in WvW when it up levels you, fine by me. They can also allow you to have level 80 gear to wear while in WvW. You do not get to keep any of that in normal PvE though until you level to 80. That is the only way they would be able to balance your low level to a true 80.

Consumables are fine. They are not the problem you are describing. As stated before me, a level 80 is very much likely to own a up leveled player, consumables or no consumables. Consumables are fine.

If you want it but don’t have it, then you should either get used to not having it, buy it, or get your crafting up to be able to make it. No one is forcing you to use it. It is also not needed. I forget to rebuff since it has a time limit and I still do fine without it and you can too.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

Your stats on your armor as an underlevel are scaled up. If you are wearing armor with 0 toughness stats on it, and no extra VIT, don’t expect to be tanky. There is a reason, most of the level 0-20 gear is mostly only Vitality armor. I bought a full set of blue viatality armor for my level 15 mesmer and had 32,000 HP.
My level 40 theif in WvW wwears full condition armor and has 1700 condition damage
. _ .;

The point is wearing level appropriate gear makes a very big difference when you’re being up-leveled in wuv wuv^^.

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in WvW

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

No, in-fact they should un-nerf critical food, because the change wasn’t well thought out and broke more builds then it made. Level up.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in WvW

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

Been a while since I have seen a post demanding this, answer is no. Adds some strategy on top of your gear/trait/weapon choice for when your in WvW. Also : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Fresh-Fruit-is-Overpowered/first

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

I just finished levelling to 80 exclusively in WvW. I lost most 1v1s but I was able to spam my skills and stay alive when in groups, by 40 I was taking out sentries and dolyaks on my own, largely avoiding fights. I don’t think food makes much difference… I still would have lost fights against 80s.

So, no, I think food should stay as it is.

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

When leveling in WvW, use gear appropriate to your level, and spec everything into vitality and toughness. The upscaling math makes you crazy tanky.

My engineer is level 30ish, with full vit/tough gear and as many trait points as possible in the lines that give those stats. In WvW he has something like 35,000 HP and nearly as much armor as my level 80 thief in full exotics. With elixer-S and automatic elixer-S at 25% HP trait, he’s um, pretty freekin survivable. He hits like a limp noodle, but can tag with grenades just fine for exp, and his new supply drop elite is helpful as well as thrown elixer buffs.

The way the upscaling math works, using food/oil/stones close to your level should result in stat increases similar to the level 80 foods. Weapon damage is the only thing that doesn’t seem to scale well, so if you really want to deal damage it’s better to use a condition build if possible.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Speak for yourself I manage to do perfectly fine levelling up characters mainly through WvW.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

Sorry. We have had enough nerfs and removals of consumables. We don’t need anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

That’s a pathetic reason to nerf something.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

The uplevel bonus in this game is huge. Try getting a lvl 1 and standing in a buffed keep. You will have 3000 of all stat. If you can’t survive as a newbie, just wearing some cheap vitality gear…you will have 30000 hp. Honestly, your issue is that you don’t know what you are doing.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

actually the food is not the huuuuuge difference in wvw. Lowbies don’t have the lv.80 armor yet, but that’s why they get uplevels. I sometimes forget to eat the food and am still killing and surviving.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Using +20 vitality food on my level 5 gives me +4k hp…

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal