Should server caps be increased again?

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

So, I’m sure most of you have noticed that the servers are starting to fill up again. BG and TC have gone full and others will get there soon. I’m interested in knowing what the community thinks Anet should do. Should they increase the cap to allow further transfers or should they not? The last time the servers got full, Anet increased the cap and immediately after, those servers that were “full” got mass transfers.

Personally, I hope they don’t increase the cap (at least for a while – like a few months) so that some of the lower tier servers that actually need transfers in certain timezones get them. I want the bandwagoning to stop =(

What do you guys think? Do we want more guilds to transfers to the top 4 servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Holdyir.2918

Holdyir.2918

What do you guys think? Do we want more guilds to transfers to the top 4 servers?

As a fellow TC player lets hope they don’t raise the cap. I’m tired of the queue as it is. I mean this past week we got an FA guild for wvw. If they increase the limit more players will continue to bandwagon as they did the last time they raised the cap. If they really care about server population balances they won’t do that.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

No, they need to be reduced by 50%

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

good heavens no, not ever. They should be doing the exact opposite and maybe even some freaking crazy stuff like sending us all back home to the server we started out on with one free world transfer and lock outs on full servers. Hopefully they are working on something interesting that will do the trick and simultaneously address the super stacks at the top, the skill lag, the blob meta and the queue issue.

I still think lower WvW map population caps would be a good start but that would only make the queues worse for the short term and kitten everyone off for awhile which is probably the last thing ANET can afford to do right now. Too bad, WvW has so much squandered potential.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Announce that the server cap will not increase (maybe even that they will decrease by whatever amount) and offer free transfers to bottom tiers from top tiers. Convince top tier transfers that it’s not a good idea to have a bandwagon. As much as Ebay has a slight need for night crew, I don’t think we ever get a queue for all borderlands anymore, which is nice if our guilds want to do raids. Longest queue I’ve had in the last month is maybe 15 minutes. I don’t know how you guys stand queues of more than 20 minutes.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

WvW population != server population. TC is one of the most full servers, but we don’t have the highest WvW population (granted we are still in the top 5).

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

This^

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

No. A-nets servers lag enough as it is.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

It depends if you’re talking about QUEUE (i.e. WvW servers), or server population (which doesn’t change the lag if maps are already queued on higher tiered servers)

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

I’m actually hoping they get rid of 2 of the borderlands maps and just go with EB and 1 borderlands map. Aside from the top 4 or 5 servers, the other 19 or 20 NA servers simply don’t have the WvW population to make a 4 map system worthwhile.
Going to 2 maps will force the top servers to spread out or face unfathomable queues.
Increasing the cap per map will just inflate the current problem of whoever has the most people gets to roll the other 2 servers.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

I have a better idea. Realize that Anet has a ton of servers that have low populations. Anvil Rock. Eredons Terrace. Fergusons. These come to mind. If you hate the WvW ques, then transfer to one of these servers.

I have no doubt Anet has zero sympathy for people complaining about long ques for WvW in the top 2 tiers, since they are choc a block full of bandwagon servers. The system was not designed with the idea that people would front load the top ranked servers and ignore the fact that there are other servers.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

No they don’t, stop the stacking

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

50% is a bit steep, i’d say 20-25% max. Remember that when dealing with percentages, the numbers can spiral out of control fast.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Yes open them. How are TC/BG supposed to be competitive in wvw if the servers are full and they are losing because of high PVE population? Makes no sense to deny people the experience they want.

in WvW

Posted by: Holdyir.2918

Holdyir.2918

Yes open them. How are TC/BG supposed to be competitive in wvw if the servers are full and they are losing because of high PVE population? Makes no sense to deny people the experience they want.

Yes, how are two of the largest servers with the largest wvw populations supposed to compete? Oh wait, they already do.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Yes open them. How are TC/BG supposed to be competitive in wvw if the servers are full and they are losing because of high PVE population?

Could try playing better.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

nice try OP but no, they shouldn’t. if anything they should limit the number of players per world per WvW map by half……. stacked servers should suffer queues like hell…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK