Show us the actual changes to outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

The patch notes clearly left something out, and that seems shady or at the very least irresponsible to me.

Some people are getting the buff while others on the same map are not. I’m not the only one experiencing this; several other players have noticed this and posted about it already. Other times no one on the map gets it, even when we’re clearly outnumbered. Is there something you’re not telling us about how the buff is obtained?

As much as I think the change was completely unnecessary and more harmful to roamers than map switchers, I can deal with it if you’re at least honest with us.

The Art of Roaming [gank]

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

Whilst this is probably a bug, there is a dev post in another thread (this one ) that states the Outnumbered bonus is now applied at the start of the tick rather than the end. The explanation seems to be that if you’re outnumbered at the start, and stay on the map, you should get the pips on the tick.

in WvW

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

Whilst this is probably a bug, there is a dev post in another thread (this one ) that states the Outnumbered bonus is now applied at the start of the tick rather than the end. The explanation seems to be that if you’re outnumbered at the start, and stay on the map, you should get the pips on the tick.

Yeah, I understand how outnumbered applies at the start of the tick. That’s a completely different problem (ANet logic: people complain about the rewards being lame and too time-consuming to achieve, so let’s make it even more time-consuming by nerfing the outnumbered bonus!)

I hope you’re right and it’s just a bug, but either way I think this was a terrible update for WvWers

The Art of Roaming [gank]

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

The issue is 2 people can be running around on the same map from the same server, in the same guild, doing the same things…
One has Outmanned, the other does not. 1 tick passes, 2 ticks pass, 3 ticks pass.. the first still has Outmanned and has not lost it a single time (signaling we are still outmanned on that map) but the 2nd person has not obtained the buff at all.
I don’t know if people that have it are keeping it even though they should have lost it, or if people aren’t gaining it even though they should have, or if it’s a hidden “debuff timer” that keeps you from obtaining it for a fixed ammount of time (for me it seems to be around 20 ish minutes after swapping to a map from another WvW map, or having left WvW temporarily for one reason or another, but this could be completely RNG).

If I however join a map when not having any Participation at all, it seems to get applied as it should (after first tick even if it only takes 20 seconds for the tick to happen).