Sick of getting night capped?

in WvW

Posted by: JPSnow.8296

JPSnow.8296

Then come to IOJ, we have one of the largest oceanic populations and take over the map nightly. Oceanic players like playing together and since there isn’t many of us only few select servers really have all be population with other servers not having a good chance at transfers. So come give in to the dark side and help us/ yourselves out!!

JPSnow (main) – Necro, Sir Mezalot – Mesmer
Lieutenant Stabs – Thief
Night Vision (NV) – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

So instead of getting night capped, you will cap everything and have nothing to do because you are all on the same server.

That’s actually worse.

At least you can have a fun break-out from a nightcap. There is no fun to be had once you own the entire map.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

Sick of getting night capped?Wait for the new update.

in WvW

Posted by: Diashame.6328

Diashame.6328

I will expand on what JPSnow is saying.

IoJ is a server that is one of two servers pre-release nominated as an unofficial oceanic server. This is based on an Aussie and NZ gaming community website, so its safe to say IoJ received 40% of the hardcore mmo gamers from Aus/NZ. So whilst other servers may receive some other Oceanics or some AuS/NZ players these two will have received the majority of English speaking players from this region.

Also, we don’t leave these servers in general because the PvE side of the game and things requiring large numbers tend to be hard to organize on any non oceanic nominated server. So those servers trying to attract our oceanic guilds will struggle big time to attract them, it is possible but in general we stay put.

IoJ has a great community and very good hardened W3’ers, our server is full but not a lot of the people pvp. Our N/A w3 crew are very lacking in numbers and that is due to our server initially having a very casual W3 presence making us unorganized and not so crash hot that a lot of the w3 NA members left. However the traitors and band wagoners have left and we have developed into a competitive w3 server that has only ever been lower than t2 for 2 weeks since launch. We have a server TS3 and forums/website, weekly W3 meetings and although we are outmanned in NA prime time we continue to fight until the bitter end.

What we want is like minded people that want to join a server to be proud of, people who will stick by IoJ through tough and good times. I’m not speaking for the entire server, I speak for myself on this point. I don’t Cade about T1 domination, I just want a NA crew with a few more numbers to be able to regularly compete with the tough t2 guilds which only happens ATM on rare occasions when we have good turn outs, although I am Aussie I live in NA so that’s why I care about this time frame so much.

Take advantage of our awesome community and unique server situation. If you Join you won’t regret it.

Dia – IoJ

Dia – [RET]
Fort Aspenwood – the PvP server

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

As a Kiwi, and day 1 SoR player, I warmly offer you this- my cousin from over the ditch: Die Aussie scum!

;D

in WvW

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

The new update won’t be doing anything about night capping. The devs said themself they find every player’s time as valuable as another.

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

The new update won’t be doing anything about night capping. The devs said themself they find every player’s time as valuable as another.

Breakout events will be a lil fix for that i hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Getting night capped is great. You wake up and can paint the town with whatever the hell color you are with impunity.

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

The devs said themself they find every player’s time as valuable as another.

Ironic, since the ’nightcapper’s’ time is immensely more valuable than any other player’s as far as winning a match.

in WvW

Posted by: FourTwenty.4268

FourTwenty.4268

Breakout events will be a lil fix for that i hope.

huh?

it says. . .

“Break Out Events are special WvW events that will happen when a team has lost control of all defensive structures, not counting supply camps.”

are you saying night caps are pushing people completely out of the map?

in WvW

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

are you saying night caps are pushing people completely out of the map?

Can’t speak for the other poster but that’s exactly what happens in our matchup. We’re up against servers with small night coverage, and we have almost non-existent night coverage so we get completely wiped out and have to start from scratch the next day! Makes it more of a challenge, but perhaps breakout events will help us get our momentum going in the mornings.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in WvW

Posted by: FamousTran.7238

FamousTran.7238

IoJ has a great oceanic presence, so it needs to be balanced with a great NA/euro presence!

Agrolan – Warrior
Eclesa – Engineer
Primordial Dragons

in WvW

Posted by: JPSnow.8296

JPSnow.8296

Sorry if I angered people, Diashame said it best. Anyways another great night o fighting at one point had 3/4 of map. Now if only we can get some na players, the ones we have a very good and put up a good ought but are greatly out numbered, so come join the good fight and help us become teir 1 server again

JPSnow (main) – Necro, Sir Mezalot – Mesmer
Lieutenant Stabs – Thief
Night Vision (NV) – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Kiijj.3594

Kiijj.3594

As a Kiwi, and day 1 SoR player, I warmly offer you this- my cousin from over the ditch: Die Aussie scum!

;D

Mate, there are Aussies who have been on SoR from Day 1 too.

Nirmu 80 Guardian [GC]
Nirmuu 80 Warrior [GC]