Siege Click Daily

Siege Click Daily

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

This would be a nice idea to get more people doing the unrewarding but so effective job to keep all the prebuild siege up, i run alot around the border clicking it and its not a big deal to me but sometimes it feels like im the only one clicking them while there are 50+ roaming all over the place.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Siege Click Daily

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This would be a nice idea to get more people doing the unrewarding but so effective job to keep all the prebuild siege up, i run alot around the border clicking it and its not a big deal to me but sometimes it feels like im the only one clicking them while there are 50+ roaming all over the place.

They could simply allow ranged siege built near NPCs in a keep/tower to be reset by NPCs. I get why their is a timer but it is a bigger PIA than the problem it is trying to solve. ANet really needs to promote better keep defense and this would definitely help that.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Siege Click Daily

in WvW

Offair.2563

They could simply allow ranged siege built near NPCs in a keep/tower to be reset by NPCs. I get why their is a timer but it is a bigger PIA than the problem it is trying to solve. ANet really needs to promote better keep defense and this would definitely help that.

No lol, that would be silly to do, think off those patrols between inner and outter keep walls/gates would nearly reset all siege in there and that job is something a player has to do , not a npc AI

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Siege Click Daily

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

This isn’t a bad idea. But I think it would need to be something along the lines of “Refresh 15 pieces of siege with 45 minutes or less remaining on the timer.” Granted, they still need to give us a way to destroy or recycle troll siege/poorly placed siege as this daily would encourage keeping that stuff refreshed, but that issue has been discussed into the dirt already.

Siege Click Daily

in WvW

Offair.2563

This isn’t a bad idea. But I think it would need to be something along the lines of “Refresh 15 pieces of siege with 45 minutes or less remaining on the timer.” Granted, they still need to give us a way to destroy or recycle troll siege/poorly placed siege as this daily would encourage keeping that stuff refreshed, but that issue has been discussed into the dirt already.

it would keep badly placed / troll siege up idd, thats a downpoint of a daily like this but we already have the repair daily that drains keep supps with people repairing a wall thats under constant treb fire

and yes, a 40min timer minimum to count towards daily is a nice idea aswell

Siege Click Daily

in WvW

Posted by: CEDWYN.5392

CEDWYN.5392

Devon Carter (or whoever put siege timers) got a promotion. The siege timers are a genius way to force you to waste siege (because no one likes scouting/refreshing). This ultimately reduces the supply of elder wood and mithril as well as increases trade post anet fees for selling thousands / millions of siege plans.

Siege Click Daily

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Click 10 sieges. Yes would love it.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Siege Click Daily

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Devon Carter (or whoever put siege timers) got a promotion. The siege timers are a genius way to force you to waste siege (because no one likes scouting/refreshing). This ultimately reduces the supply of elder wood and mithril as well as increases trade post anet fees for selling thousands / millions of siege plans.

Before, there was no timers – it was totally random; a siege could be there 15 minutes or 1 hour, without reset – one never knew…

The why an hour is to allow players to have some power over trolls that would put down plenty of useless defense… (eg – cap with regular AC, instead of putting sup, capping the map limit with ballistas, or other grievings)

Siege Click Daily

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

An excellent suggestion – but make it only valid on siege that’s below say 30 mins on the timer. Otherwise only nearby siege will be refreshed and it’s open to abuse.

Siege Click Daily

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I made a suggestion in another thread, that there should be a mastery, that let’s you give up to 2 hours of siege decay to any siege you magical siege maintancing hands touch (along with other abilities in the mastery line ofc).

Siege Click Daily

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

great suggestion.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Siege Click Daily

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

This entire post is complete BS.

The siege timers were a critical addition that was requested by the player base as the only workable solution to limit siege griefing.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks