Siege Disabler

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

I just wanted to suggest something simple for fixing the siege disable grenade. Most already know a single defender can lock down a zergs siege simply by having enough supply in the depot and spamming grenades when the disable timer runs low. So…

Either lower the disabled time significantly or add a cooldown so you can’t spam them. If you want to leave it as something that can be used multiple times, aka spam, then please drop the disable time to something around 10 seconds. If you’d prefer we only be able to use it once before going to cooldown then the cooldown should end 10-15 seconds after the disable.

The disable grenades should not be an end game strategy, they should be used to buy time for reinforcements to arrive or simply stop a small team outright if used correctly. It should not give a single player the ability to stop 30+ people to the point that they leave. No, catapults and trebs are a work around rather than a solution to this problem so please don’t suggest it.

Just my 2 cents on the matter which hopefully most people will agree is a rather simple and effective solution. It’s a great new addition to the game but it needs a little tweak.

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

There does need to be some type of internal cooldown once a piece of siege has been disabled before it can be disabled again.

Another idea is also making disabled siege immune to damage—then you have to decide, “am I going to disable the enemy siege or destroy the enemy siege?”

Jade Quarry since Beta

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Solution: REMOVE.

Fixed.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Another idea is also making disabled siege immune to damage—then you have to decide, “am I going to disable the enemy siege or destroy the enemy siege?”

I like this idea. Right now it seems a lot of people waste supply on the grenades rather than just building counter siege.

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Well, right now people have a lot of badges… soon enough their stockpile will start to dwindle, which is probably the intent, then people will think twice about disabling siege…

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Regnum.7102

Regnum.7102

Please. Do.

15char.

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: smellinkurb.9831

smellinkurb.9831

- Add a cast time of ~1-2 seconds so people are able to react and interupt.
- Reduce the radius about 25%
- After a sucsessful disable, add a buff to make the siege weapon immune to the effect and don’t let the effect stack

I although thought about making the grenade target based and view requierd, so you can’t throw from the other side of the gate to disable rams, but it could be too difficult for using it offensivly against arrowcarts and stuff.

Hopefully it gets tweaked soon

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Jeff.5139

Jeff.5139

The grenades are seriously OP but I think I’d like to see how people react to it over a longer period of time.

It’s the bane of point blank siege such as flamerams and wall hugging catapults but this has in turn lead to people improvising strategies against it such as more frequent resort to golems, staggered deployment of siege and deflection skills once they see someone waving around that green flare.

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

Well, right now people have a lot of badges… soon enough their stockpile will start to dwindle, which is probably the intent, then people will think twice about disabling siege…

I’ve banked almost 100,000 badges – not dwindling any time soon, so sorry but you’re wrong…

Theses items need to be removed PERIOD

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

Siege Disabler

in WvW

sparc.3649

Based on badges alone I could buy almost 7,000 of these things – they NEED to be REMOVED

They’re going to break WvW (I am not playing until they’re removed, and if they don’t remove em soon enough – I’m going to remove – the client from my PC [and never look back])

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

I just wanted to suggest something simple for fixing the siege disable grenade. Most already know a single defender can lock down a zergs siege simply by having enough supply in the depot and spamming grenades when the disable timer runs low. So…

A simple fix would be a 2 sec delay of reapplying the Siege – Disabler, after the countdown have finished. In that way cannot be spammed.

I personally really like this trap, because it gives me time to call reinforcements when the enemy is “Golem – Rushing” towers and keeps, or when a zerg building 4-5 Superior ramms on gate.

Regards

Seed

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

I want to see a dedicated defender that has 100,000 badges, please. Because this is the group of people you are pointing at. Other groups of players are not as relevant as they won’t be there first or second on most cases.

Make it so that the caster gets 90 second cooldown on the throw after using one. This way one can’t siege disable all the siege they want.

So far my experience on the disabler has been positive (no matter on which side I have been). It brings some new stuff to whole WvW business. It helps bringing the huge blobs down actually, and I though this was one the main whining topics in the whole forum, to stop the big evil blob. Now we have a tool for that, or at least a tool that delays the evil blob and people are going all nuts.

Give it time and lets see how it goes.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

Siege Disabler

in WvW

sparc.3649

I want to see a dedicated defender that has 100,000 badges, please. Because this is the group of people you are pointing at. Other groups of players are not as relevant as they won’t be there first or second on most cases.

Make it so that the caster gets 90 second cooldown on the throw after using one. This way one can’t siege disable all the siege they want.

So far my experience on the disabler has been positive (no matter on which side I have been). It brings some new stuff to whole WvW business. It helps bringing the huge blobs down actually, and I though this was one the main whining topics in the whole forum, to stop the big evil blob. Now we have a tool for that, or at least a tool that delays the evil blob and people are going all nuts.

Give it time and lets see how it goes.

That’s my point. If I, as a dedicated defender have almost 100k badges – I could only IMAGINE what the ktrainers and zergers have! I don’t know if you’re doubting that I have 100k or if you’re doubting I have that many as a defender. I don’t really care what you believe though. Yes, I am a dedicated defender, and yes I do have nearly 100k badges. That’s simply because I have been playing since 3day head-start and have not spent any. There’s really not much you can spend badges on anyway. So I’ve been banking them hoping they add something “worth it” to buy with them. So I always got my siege via JP’s and COIN. So yea, I am a dedicated defender w/ almost 100k in badges. So I’d REALLY hate to see what a ktrainer/zerger had that was in the same boat as me. Playing since launch and always banked… They’d probably have like 500,000 if not more!

So sorry, but this is utterly game breaking to almost any which way I play and enjoy WvW. As a defender, which has already been done to me. Also, if I am offending – it’s usually with a small small team. Maybe 4 or 5 including me. We have even taken towers against 1-2 defenders (who obviously didn’t know what they were doing as 1-2 defenders SHOULD be enough to hold off and or repel even a zerg of ~ 15-20). So now, they’re not going to need to “be smart”, they’re not going to even need to be able to kill us (be good at PvP) in order to stop us from taking their tower ninja style. What are they gonna do? Disable our rams/siege and call for reinforcements. Sorry but this is lame as heck – if they can’t learn how to defend against my small * guerrilla warfare style group, they shouldn’t be able to hold us off pretty much indefinitely until their zerg can come FACEROLL us.

I don’t know if you’re from a high population/tier server, but I am not. Now maybe these things ARE somehow helping/helpful on those servers. However I am not, I am from a piddly little server where this is going to do nothing but totally RUIN the game. So, ANET removes it, or they remove me (and anyone else like minded)… I’ll give them enough time to REMOVE it, that’s about it. I’m not even playing WvW any more until I hear it’s gone… Looks like I will go try to get my monthly Flavor Of The Month done…

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

Siege Disabler

in WvW

sparc.3649

Oh, and you wanna talk about badges and fair:

The proof is in the pudding, yet again. DEFENDERS have LESS badges than OFFENDERS (ktrainers/zergers). So WHO do you say, is THIS item going to benefit MORE in the LONG RUN? The offender, because once us defenders have spent up all our badges, the offender/ktrainer/zerger will still have more badges to spend.

This item is going to kill WvW. So ANET needs to KILL IT.

Please ANET – REMOVE this item…!!!

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

(edited by sparc.3649)

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Offensively this tool is very situational. On most cases you shouldn’t be able to disable 1-2 siege at time when hitting something offensively with one disabler. Of course if defenders are silly and have stacked 4 AC’s on same spot, then I don’t even feel bad for them if their AC’s get disabled.

Defensively this is less situational as most offensive tactics are “Slab as many siege near each others as possible”. Rams need to be close to each other because of gates, but Catas are placed near each other so you can easily chain bubbles to negate all incoming Treb shots, almost at least, I know you can shoot on the edge of the bubble to hit the cata, but that usually takes rather long to kill all the catas one by one hitting the edge and result in destroyed wall before you are done.

And I’m from medium sized server so there isn’t any mega blobs 247, but on prime time when there can be 40+ groups its really useful for us handful of defenders. Holding a keep is still kinda hard and needs a lot of work before we can get some bigger group to help clean it up (they are usually caught up somewhere else so it takes from minute to tens of minutes for them to come help).

PS. I think we need to agree to disagree on this issue. In my opinion they are not as harmful as you make them sound and I would say they will become less and less used as time passes, same thing that happened with supply traps. People where shouting about them that a trap costing 10 supplies can drain 100 supplies from enemy and that it will break the whole WvW.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

Siege Disabler

in WvW

sparc.3649

Fair enough. I agree, to disagree

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: int randInt return.7810

int randInt return.7810

Just because its highly effective against the current flameram meta doesn’t mean it’s OP. I’d rather wait and see a bit. It does seem strong enough to change the meta, but I don’t think its been out long enough to say it needs a nerf yet.
I’d rather see it strongest vs golems instead of the other way around though. Do golem bubbles stop the disabler? A golem rush can be almost perma -bubbled by just rotating bubbles between golems.
Hm… anet messing up the meta just berfore the tourney, wonder if that was the point?

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

I disagree, this bomb is a saver when you are getting 2 vs 1 in WvW.

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

This is a useful tool/tactic that needs to stay—freshens up WvW a tad bit.

Y’all will just need to rethink your tactics when deploying siege to defend/account for possibility of a Siege Disabler grenade.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Personally I think it’s a fun new mechanic added to WvW that has certainly freshened it up a bit, however I feel the disable time on rams is too long, it should be the same as golems (20sec), either that or single target only.

2 cents:)

CCCP….

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

“Military tactics are like unto water; for water in its natural course runs away from high places and hastens downward. So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak. Water shapes its course according to the nature of the ground over which it flows; the soldier works out his victory in relation to the foe whom he is facing.

Therefore, just as water retains no constant shape, so in warfare there are no constant conditions…He who can modify his tactics in relation to his opponent, and thereby succeed inwinning, may be called a heaven-born captain."

Sun Tzu

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Feyd Rautha.7298

Feyd Rautha.7298

I’m on the side that this is a good mechanic. People have been asking for something to help in this forum many times to defend against the mindless zerg so that they could respond in time. Guess what? This works, and it works really really well.

If you still have numbers, the disablers may be annoying, but guess what? Tactics. Move your siege back, use different siege, abandon and come back later, etc.. Gone are the days when you can bump against the wall and assured a take.

Keep in mind you can use these offensively as well.

!(wired)?(coffee++):(wired);

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

how about we fix the two glaring issues….

Using this item from stealth and from behind doors.

This item should remove stealth, it should also not be possible to throw it from behind a door as there is 0 risk and only reward. 0 Counterplay to be had when all you have to do is drop 1 aoe to remove aegis and then toss the grenade at the door.

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Badges will never run low. It’s the cost of silver which is still next to nothing.

IMO though, it’s basically a legal “trolling” method since there is basically no way for a zerg to prevent the grenade. The grenade needs be a bomb (0 range) and small radius.

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

At the very least, remove them and put into EotM until a good solution is found (which IMO is to get rid of them altogether).

Wasn’t one of the purposes of EotM to be a testing ground for WvW? Or was that just talk?

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Yeah, I personally like the Siege Disablers. Sounded stupid the first time I read about it, but I think they are working well. The 45-second timer might be a bit too long, and if anything, they are making Golems just a bit OP in comparison. I think it should have been a flat, 30-second timer for ALL siege, but I’m sure people would just complain about that, too.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Try fighting a server that outnumbers you 4 to 1 and that use that siege disabler constantly every time you try to take something to give tie for their 75-man zerg of zombies to crush your group of 10 people.

Before releasing mechanics like the siege disabler they have to balance the matchup. At the moment it is not helping servers with lower population, it’s just making the game even more frustrating.

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I strongly agree with the first couple of post. I like the disabler, and agree it is too strong. There are some good suggestions in the first couple of posts to solve the issue.

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

The karma train gets derailed. Boo hoo.

Dedicated attackers will still take an objective when the supply runs out. If all the defenders do is use siege disablers it’s just buying them time.

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

The karma train gets derailed. Boo hoo.

Dedicated attackers will still take an objective when the supply runs out. If all the defenders do is use siege disablers it’s just buying them time.

There’s 0 reason why we should be forced to

Drain 1700 supply
Maintain the Keep at 0 supply (aka hold all surrounding supply camps)

It has nothing to do with karma training and everything to do with the absurd nature of how long a task that is. Generally speaking even with the Treb mastery, you’re looking at a good 3 hours trying to take out a fully fortified objective if not more. For most objectives that’s only enough to breach outer. Not even inner.

In that 3 hours do you know how many trips one can take to EBG/Enemy BL/EoTM and grab supply and run back to be a troll ?

The trap is god awful broken, the devs know it. They said as much and it’s time they balance it instead of waiting another 4 months for it.

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

A fully sieged up tier 3 keep with active defenders should take a long time to capture. I have no problem with it taking three hours. It’ll take a kitten load more than siege disablers to hold it for that long. There are a lot of fun fights that happen in protracted siege battles.

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

There must be an immunity timer for the seige after being disabled to something like atleast 3 times the duration of the seige being disabled

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Siege Disabler

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

I kinda like them. Now I don’t even have to waste time logging, can just assume that the siege there is already disabled. 3 or 4 weeks now without logging in, just assume siege is disabled and nothing has changed. – working as intended.

Q_Q since sig was disabled for being too proactive

Here is a gem

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

(edited by echo.2053)