Posted by: lexxguard.2690

lexxguard.2690

How is Kaineng even allowed to do this?

Attachments:

Siege Placement in Safe Zones

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Since anet has stayed silent on this and refuses to do anything about it, every server has been abusing this unfortunately, its been reported over and over and still nothing for months.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Wait whats the problem?

in WvW

X T D.6458

its an invulnerable spot, siege placement is supposed to be disabled there

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I dont see the problem here.

in WvW

Posted by: Wnerwiak.6049

Wnerwiak.6049

Here is explanation ..they can use those sieges without any punishment ..you can’t counter them in any way ..can’t go destroy siege ..can’t kill siege users/builders …from other hand they can bomb your team trying to capture tower …not fair.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Actually you can put up a counter treb and take it out. While you can’t do damage to them in invulnerable zones, you CAN damage the siege.

That particular placement is sketchy though.

Even the one in spawn for NE tower you can take out, too. Just takes practised aim. Hate that particular placement though, it’s a bit unfair.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Yes you can easily destroy siege there. I have seen it plenty of times. Its on the edge of invul but since you can still destroy I dont see the problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

map is being changed in a few weeks/months

The actual alpine design is really bad becouse the atackers can get a higher position over tower walls, i cant imagine a kingdom with castles on valeys >:] where enemies could built siege and bombard down the castle….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

I’ve actually seen that treb placement used a few times, including on my own server. Never found out how to do it myself though. It is killable at range, easier so with an omega. Even though it’s in the “invuln zone”, the siege itself isn’t invuln.

I’m with Aeolus though – there’s a million problems, but we can just stop worrying about anything that has to do with the Alpine BL specifically. Wait until Desert BL comes out, then you’ll have a slew of new things to complain about :P

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I do, his map is on the top right of his screen!!!!

As for siege placement, just assume it’s “working as intended” if it hasn’t been fixed after 3 years….

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Some would jump the hill and go in and kill it – or they used to do that anyway….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: splatticus.1278

splatticus.1278

I’ve actually seen that treb placement used a few times, including on my own server. Never found out how to do it myself though.

As with every spawn area, you cannot place siege inside them. You can, however, throw siege from the outside into them. With a little creativity, you can find a few useful spots for this on both the borderlands and EB.

Anyhoot, I have yet to find one which isn’t fairly easy to counter, though, so this “exploit” really isnt a huge issue; it’s siege in a defending position just like any other, just counter it. It’s not like you can freely throw siege anywhere you like. I’d certainly count issues like broken line of sight and players being able to take down siege through walls with their skills bigger problems.

in WvW

Posted by: ima kong fu ninja.3052

ima kong fu ninja.3052

This has also been a problem on T1. Please fix this

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

You can throw siege on the cliff facing NE tower (but you have to do it from below, can’t place while you’re on the cliff). Always a nice surprise to take a ballista shot to the face.

in WvW

X T D.6458

There are places with invulnerability where you can place siege you dont have to be standing outside of it to place it. And I think many people are completely missing the point here, this is a clear exploit that is getting abused it doesnt matter if it can be countered that is irrelevant its not supposed to happen in the first place. Anet needs to change the invulnerability borders around the entire maps and actually disable any siege use when in an invuln spot.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I find it a bit disturbing that the maps have so many flaws in them. It’s understandable these things exist but they have been there for a while and there hasn’t been much feedback from Arenanet on it. The most famous flaw is being able to get into your enemy’s spawn, which is relatively minor (though golems can be killed for some reason), and then there’s this. I believe we’ve witnessed something similar and had to build an arrow cart of our own to destroy it (I’m not even sure how to aim it, honestly) and that probably wouldn’t be possible if the offending siege was manned.

But fear not; the stairs of doom were largely fixed, even though it felt like forever.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

X T D.6458

TC doing it once again at NWT spawn with a treb, and once again nothing from anet

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Get a balli up and nuke it.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Get a balli up and nuke it.

you really dont get it do you?

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I think it’s the other way around Read the thread. You CAN destroy siege in invul zones, you just can’t damage them.

in WvW

X T D.6458

The main problem is that siege is able to be placed and used in invulnerable spots whether or not it can be hit back is irrelevant. Its like saying if someone is flyhacking its ok if you can still kill them with ranged attacks. The essential problem is that siege use and placement is not being addressed by anet because it is supposed to be disabled.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

If you were unable to counter it, had zero ability to do so, then yes, I’d say it’s an exploit that needs to be fixed asap. However, there are ways to prevent it, you can nuke the siege down, and anything else, given how many other things need to be fixed first, feels like whining.

Sorry.

in WvW

X T D.6458

You clearly have no objective view nor any knowledge of what exploits are, and clearly do not seem to understand the essential problem here so no point wasting more time with you. This is an issue anet needs to deal with regardless of whether or not you think its ok because it can be occasionally countered

in WvW

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

Also don’t forget about the trebspot @ EB red spawn towards mendons :p

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

in WvW

X T D.6458

also se camp treb spot

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

The problem will be solved… when expansion comes and new map replaces the old one. >_>

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Exploits are exploits, regardless of workarounds. Two different issues. While definitely, there are many other more critical issues, people certainly have a right to voice their disapproval.

We have destroyed it before, but it certainly doesn’t mean it deserves to be in the game.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

you can literally walk out of the EB and BL maps. all you need is to be good enough at jumping puzzles to do the mad kings clocktower.

gw2 has a lot of bugs. you can double jump and float above mini pets if you know how, no hacks needed.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria