Siege Weapons Redundant by hacks

in WvW

Posted by: SixVoltCar.5248

SixVoltCar.5248

I’ve watched one too many siege weapons mid way down the stairs on the other side of the wall killed from the other side of the wall this week— we need to deal with zoom hacks and whatever they’re using to not be considered obstructed.

When Blackgate invades a keep, it doesn’t matter where the siege weapons are placed, they are all dead in seconds by player fire (not countersiege). I watched one engi fire mortar kit 1 OVER a wall like lawn darts, hitting the supply depot on the other side.

I see no further reason to play the game mode if defenders are non-compeditive. Make their placement on the ground determine how far back on an upper wall they can hit maybe? I’m drawing a blank on solutions to this aside from mass bans that never removes the whole tumor.

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Not saying that people don’t do any hacks but Right now there is a Guardian zerg build designed soley for nuking Siege. And it’s from the siege hitting them while hey are blocking, which is almost always.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

If that siege is going down to burning, it’s a guardian counter siege build. Some of us carry a second set of armor just to use to destroy siege…

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

He specifically states the use of a ground targeted skill rather than burning damage.

in WvW

Posted by: Cascabel.5806

Cascabel.5806

I’ve seen that happen and yeah, I’d like an explanation too