Siege bundles no longer drop to the ground

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Barrett

Chris Barrett

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Previously, weapon-swapping, using a non-combat transform, or getting another bundle item would drop your in-hand siege blueprint bundle to the ground. Now, it will instead be returned to your inventory.*

*Exception! Guild siege golem blueprints are still lost instead of being returned to inventory or dropped on the ground. Whether by pack-up skill ‘2’ or any other means. This behavior specific to guild siege golems hasn’t changed. Feedback on this is welcome.

Reasons for making this change:

1. Play-for-free accounts otherwise had a means to skirt our restrictions on sending wealth to other accounts by buying siege, dropping it on the ground, and having other accounts collect it and sell it. Restrictions on outgoing wealth from play-for-free accounts helps make the accounts less appealing as gold seller/bot accounts, so we can’t have holes like this around.
  2. That same exploit would work with Beta Weekend Event accounts. Beta characters/banks would be copied and forked from the normal data, siege blueprints could be dropped, then collected by someone else; essentially duplicating the items. This was previously blocked by temporarily kill-switching the ability to pack up siege blueprints.
  3. Dropping siege on the ground when you suddenly, reflexively do something like trying to swap weapons felt very clumsy.
  4. The ability to drop siege bundles on the ground was originally added before siege could be put on the trading post or mailed between players. Since better means now exist to transfer siege between players, this old functionality isn’t as important.

in WvW

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

I’m like how quickly a concern with f2p accounts getting exploited got fixed. This mean ArenaNet is keeping a close eye on things and will keep f2p accounts form causing to much harm.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I like it! I see some commanders drop their super rams at times and I try to grab it to send it back before someone else grabs and puts it away or picks it up and just tosses it.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Mocambo.8462

Mocambo.8462

Please have a look at the latest patch, I’m losing blueprints before deploying them in the place, ex: use it and equip in your hand than move around a bit, just few steps.

I lost some superior treb and a superior ram, didnt happen with normal rams, normal acs, superior acs.

PS: for Iost I mean they re not in the inventory, they’re not on the ground, they re just lost.(disappeared)

(edited by Mocambo.8462)

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

This just means that f2p accounts are more important to Anet than fixing WvW itself!

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i like not needing to send my friend a mail in order to give her a single ram to start the next tower while i relog to fix my lag / relog to fix the memory leak / check on the swords at the camp next door / anything.

that said, i appreciate your efforts in protecting the economy and disincentivising gold sellers from creating f2p accounts in order to degrade our overall game experience and i think that while im not really ok with losing a quirky feature thats occasionally useful and amusingly fun when i have the element of surprise against an enemy, ill get over it.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

*Exception! Guild siege golem blueprints are still lost instead of being returned to inventory or dropped on the ground. Whether by pack-up skill ‘2’ or any other means. This behavior specific to guild siege golems hasn’t changed. Feedback on this is welcome.

That’s a huge and expensive exception. This warning better go out to more than just to this particular forum.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Look how quick they acted when it was something that affected the economy (I guarantee you the only reason they did this update was because of #1 and #2).

Meanwhile, they still haven’t bothered to deal with the siege golem issue.

in WvW

briggah.7910

Hearing in chats that people are tossing guild siege such as cata’s and they are being lost instead of being able to be built. Commander tosses 4 and only 1 shows.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

Please have a look at the latest patch, I’m losing blueprints before deploying them in the place, ex: use it and equip in your hand than move around a bit, just few steps.

I lost some superior treb and a superior ram, didnt happen with normal rams, normal acs, superior acs.

PS: for Iost I mean they re not in the inventory, they’re not on the ground, they re just lost.(disappeared)

I lost a superior cata this way.

RoF

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Hearing in chats that people are tossing guild siege such as cata’s and they are being lost instead of being able to be built. Commander tosses 4 and only 1 shows.

Oh that’s an ancient bug. It’s back?

Add a few supply to each as its thrown, don’t throw a new one unless first one has a start of build at least.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: The Lethe.2953

The Lethe.2953

WvW siege is NOT going back into my inventory. I am trying to throw siege and it vanishes in my hands. I’ve lost a LOT of siege this way. It will vanish just walking around, while trying to throw it, and any time it isn’t sitting into my inventory.

It just vanishes from my hands. Plz fix, commanding got a LOT pricier.

in WvW

Posted by: Nevaahe.6308

Nevaahe.6308

This is NOT working. If you get hit, interrupted, or try to drop in a bad spot, the item is lost and NOT returned to your inventory. I lost about 10 guild cata’s today while trying to deploy them. I have my inventory up and can clearly see the item not returned to the stack.

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

I lost about 10 guild catas and 2 guild trebs today as well when trying to place them on ground… There is a bug right now destroying siege. not sure exactly how it works but blueprints are disappearing when equipped

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

good move……………… but fix the “losing siege” bug…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Why not guild siege golems? I mean really, what is the reason?

You can store guild catas in the inventory but not golems… You should never loose anything by making a mistake. I remember I took out a golem once and I could only build it or drop it. Didnt even need one lol. Had to run to the nearest camp with it in hands (and then a 50 man zerg rolled over me 20 meters outside).

Could at least make it so that if you cancel a guild golem, its returned to the guild…

in WvW

briggah.7910

Oh that’s an ancient bug. It’s back?

Add a few supply to each as its thrown, don’t throw a new one unless first one has a start of build at least.

Tested with regular rams and it seems to be random. Sometimes when you just double click it from your bags, it equips and vanishes right away in like a spit second.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

confirmed…. If you walk with your blueprint you lost your siege…
If you try to place and you can’t (like too many siege) you lost your siege…

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

I lost about 10 guild catas and 2 guild trebs today as well when trying to place them on ground… There is a bug right now destroying siege. not sure exactly how it works but blueprints are disappearing when equipped

^^^
This

We were raiding and the driver dropped a guild cata and it just disappeared.
Same thing happened to a ram as well.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: The Muffinzzz.4216

The Muffinzzz.4216

Beware the incoming wrongly placed siege I will put! ;_;

But its really nice change, people often accidentally drop it and pick it up. And suddendly everyones confused.

Panda For mV – The Momentum

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

As others have said, blueprints are disappearing. Please fix this ASAP. Superior siege especially is not cheap. I lost a ton of superior arrowcarts today frantically trying to place them while our towers were being attacked but instead kept having them vanish in to thin air. Must have lost over 5g tonight to blueprints deleting themselves like that.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

Meh… hate that change. Always was so easy to just drop a blueprint on the commander’s feet if he quickly needed a treb/ballista/ac for example but couldn’t really explain where to place it… Having to send it per mail slows the whole process down and WvW is a lot about speed.
And I really don’t like that we have to get used to changes because of f2p-people (beta probably isn’t that much of an issue with the release so soon). Shouldn’t be that way.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Would it be so hard to make another f2p restriction? When they try to drop a siege blueprint, they have the usual popup window saying you can’t do that with a f2p acc..
Okay, probably it’s more work than they want to spend on wvw.. I mean it’s more work than no work…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

Makes sense since now people can bot for free and this could be used to transfer money. Hopefully I haven’t encountered any bot yet.

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Yep the “f2p” has already cost WvW players several thousand in gold with disappearing siege. Please fix or ban f2p players from WvW until it is sorted out.

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Cmon Anet, at least call the new bug the “yaks bend siege tax” at least then it would be moderately funny.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

You broke it, I am losing all of my siege now for no reason at all… I’ve put in a support ticket. I fully expect to be reimbursed for my lost siege as well, I kept track of what I lost last night.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Losing-all-my-siege-in-WvW/first#post5450507

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Cmon Anet, at least call the new bug the “yaks bend siege tax” at least then it would be moderately funny.

Little did you know – the lost siege ends up in DKs inventory

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

briggah.7910

Meh… hate that change. Always was so easy to just drop a blueprint on the commander’s feet if he quickly needed a treb/ballista/ac for example but couldn’t really explain where to place it… Having to send it per mail slows the whole process down and WvW is a lot about speed.
And I really don’t like that we have to get used to changes because of f2p-people (beta probably isn’t that much of an issue with the release so soon). Shouldn’t be that way.

It’s a good change if it wasn’t bugged. This is why we get very little changes to this game mode. Some people don’t like any sort of change and seems every time we get a change it comes with bugs.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

That’s a huge and expensive exception. This warning better go out to more than just to this particular forum.

This has been the way it worked since the implementation of Guild siege golem, as stated they were no changes on how they work so no need to make a huge announcement about it.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

np with change, but big problem with bug and place code in production without testing it !!

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Happened to me too.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

This happened to me last night with a guild catapult.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

Previous

Chris Barrett

Gameplay Programmer

Next

We’re aware of and investigating the return of an old issue with siege bundles disappearing while being carried. Thanks for the details provided on where and how this has been encountered.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

We’re aware of and investigating the return of an old issue with siege bundles disappearing while being carried. Thanks for the details provided on where and how this has been encountered.

Mine occurred at the SW corner of SM at approximately 10 PM MST

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I have been hearing a number of reports of people throwing down any number of siege and simply having it vanish. Anything from rams to arrow carts have been vanishing in any location from mendons all the way to se tower in borderlands.

Also, I do recall an incident last time during revenant week where a similar situation came out and a lot of people decided that the forum was not a sufficient kind of warning because the forum is simply not read by many players. Please keep this in mind.

It doesn’t seem that any siege atm is safe, so I recommend holding back on guild and superior blueprints unless absolutely needed for defense or a lightning attack.

This has been the way it worked since the implementation of Guild siege golem, as stated they were no changes on how they work so no need to make a huge announcement about it.

I wasn’t aware of that. Why is this the case that it is inconsistent with all other blueprints? Weirdly enough, I can’t seem to find any info about these on the wiki.

Ok: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siege_Golem#Guild_Siege_Suit That makes more sense.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

A message about this issue when you enter a bl similar to your game will restart in x minutes could work. Only need to do it once when you enter a bl….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

What of the 20g+ lost for a lot of people in siege that we were unable to use? I’d like to have my siege returned that was lost due to a bug..

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

briggah.7910

What of the 20g+ lost for a lot of people in siege that we were unable to use? I’d like to have my siege returned that was lost due to a bug..

From what I saw most people stopped tossing expensive stuff when they realized they vanished. You know they didn’t want to waste 20g in siege..

Also as someone pointed out:

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Glad I ran across this thread. I thought I was going crazy last night. Yeah, I’ve lost some siege. Tried placing a sup treb in a spot that was siege capped. Bundle kept disappearing and wasn’t returned to my inventory. this also happened with sup ACs. If being interrupted is causing an issue, then perhaps if you try throwing down the siege and it doesn’t stick, then maybe that is loosing the siege as well. Glad I wasn’t dropping very expensive guild siege.

I’m getting so kitten tired of Anet not testing their stuff before releasing it. Yeah, yeah, I know there’s all this beta stuff for Hot, and that’s great, but something like this is just one more minor thing which never gets tested, that has a huge impact. We could probably make a list a page long on these types of changes that we are all negatively affected by and pay the repercussions for.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

(edited by Spurnshadow.3678)

in WvW

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

It’s a good change if it wasn’t bugged. This is why we get very little changes to this game mode. Some people don’t like any sort of change and seems every time we get a change it comes with bugs.

I’m not against every sort of change, just against unnecessary major ones that force people to overthink stuff that they have been used to for a very long time.
And I do think before causing more trouble by introducing f2p they could have at least fixed some of the old WvW-bugs that have been known for months.

in WvW

briggah.7910

I’m not against every sort of change, just against unnecessary major ones that force people to overthink stuff that they have been used to for a very long time.
And I do think before causing more trouble by introducing f2p they could have at least fixed some of the old WvW-bugs that have been known for months.

Which bugs have been known for months? Do you know them or just spitting out words you hear everyone say. “been a problem for years”

Anyway latest patch has a fix already for siege.. Hows that for a quick fix.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Previous

Chris Barrett

Gameplay Programmer

The issue with siege bundles in-hand being randomly destroyed has been fixed. Siege bundles are now working as described in the original post in this thread.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Can we get back the siege that was lost then?