Siege condition mastery

Siege condition mastery

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

So since siege conditions no longer stack with player stats…
Can we get a mastery line that improves the conditions inflicted by siege weapons?
Something like:
5 -increase the damage dealt by conditions inflicted by siege weapons by 33%
10 -increase the duration of conditions inflicted by siege weapons by 25%
15 -increase the damage dealt by conditions inflicted by siege weapons by 33%
20 -increase the duration of conditions inflicted by siege weapons by 25%
25 -increase the damage dealt by conditions inflicted by siege weapons by 33%

So for a total of 75 rank points, this mastery increases the damage of siege conditions by 100% and the duration by 50%.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Siege condition mastery

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

no thanks, siege damage needs to be nerfed not increased

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Siege condition mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

siege are fine actually. One thing we maybe need is to place canon where we can use them… And not those slaughter place that we have actually… Or give us a bubble like the dolly as long as the canon is up…

Siege condition mastery

in WvW

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Yeah we don’t need even more annoying siege. Should remove cannons and acs and focus on player fighting instead of dancing around in siege aoes.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Siege condition mastery

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Each mastery track that buffs individual siege weapons already increases its damage and buffs its conditions in some way, not to mention a whole other track that increases siege damage altogether. This seems very unneeded.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Siege condition mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

No….I remember abusing this with burn condi sitting on a mokittenoing 7 – 9k burn ticks on blobs that insta melted…Just no,keep this stuff out of the game,it was broken.

M-o-r-t-a-r is mokittenoing ! anet…

Siege condition mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Can i get a siege power mastery cause my power and precision doesnt work on an arrowcart? Oh and mayb toughness too, so it lasts a bit longer in meteor showers? kthxbai.

On a real note, no thanks siege damage is already more then enough.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Siege condition mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Siege need hard nerfs, not buffs

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Siege condition mastery

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Siege need hard nerfs, not buffs

^ This. In addition to nerfs on damage to players, players should get no XP, PPK, or Loot from siege damage on players to encourage them to learn to play their characters and fight without it.

They should be able to do a bit more damage on crowds than your character alone, but in exchange, you sacrifice your XP and Loot for doing so.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

Siege condition mastery

in WvW

Sich.7103

Seriously actual siege are fine…. Maybe limit number of siege that can be built, this will protect both defenders and attackers. But siege are fine….
1 ac just don’t kill anyone, just good to destroy proxy cata.
2 ac begin to be usefull….

You need 3 to begin to be really effective against players…

When you attack just don’t build proxy cata or ram and AC won’t do anything…
Stop running full zerg and caster only, bring back melee train to rush the AC if ennemy build too much….

And about the OP and the canon, when was the last time you kill someone with a canon ? Or be killed ? Those thing are close to useless… Using canon is just good to fire 2 or 3 times… After that canon is destroyed, or you are killed, pull, fear, what ever you want…

Siege condition mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

I think it would be a bad idea to buff Siege vs player dmg. I think Siege vs Siege dmg should be rather high. But AC as it is should not become a bloody loot machine. Imagine a bridge fight and both sides start building acs, then ballistae, then shield generators, then what? Golems for every one? OK i exegarate. But still the main player killer should be players not some random dude spamming a rather poorly implemented game mechanic while squeaking in joy about auto loot and power dmg noobs.

Siege condition mastery

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I think it would be a bad idea to buff Siege vs player dmg. I think Siege vs Siege dmg should be rather high. But AC as it is should not become a bloody loot machine. Imagine a bridge fight and both sides start building acs, then ballistae, then shield generators, then what? Golems for every one? OK i exegarate. But still the main player killer should be players not some random dude spamming a rather poorly implemented game mechanic while squeaking in joy about auto loot and power dmg noobs.

yea, siege vs siege and siege vs wall should be high but the objective in a PvP mode should not be siege vs player, and we have all tried siege wars and tbh it is just boring as hell to sit there and hit each other with siege. That is why everyone stopped doing that years ago because it makes the game too boring to play at all.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

Siege condition mastery

in WvW

Sich.7103

You need supply to build all those thing…. Drain ennemy supply in the keep with constant attack and they will not be able to build more siege..
And about removing the loot from siege I don’t care about that… When I use siege it’s to defend my keep. Defending the keep is more important that my loot…
And honestly, generally you don’t kill a lot of people with siege… Or maybe those who are just to stupid to stay in the red circle…
Siege are made to push back the ennemy, slow them down… Not really to kill them…

Maybe some server build a lot of AC in the keep and you have 10 people all using AC… But honestly I never see that…. Really never…. And if some server use more siege, you have a lot of other way to open the wall… Once wall are open you just have to push on AC with your melee and all will be fine.

Siege condition mastery

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

You need supply to build all those thing…. Drain ennemy supply in the keep with constant attack and they will not be able to build more siege..
And about removing the loot from siege I don’t care about that… When I use siege it’s to defend my keep. Defending the keep is more important that my loot…
And honestly, generally you don’t kill a lot of people with siege… Or maybe those who are just to stupid to stay in the red circle…
Siege are made to push back the ennemy, slow them down… Not really to kill them…

Maybe some server build a lot of AC in the keep and you have 10 people all using AC… But honestly I never see that…. Really never…. And if some server use more siege, you have a lot of other way to open the wall… Once wall are open you just have to push on AC with your melee and all will be fine.

Instead of focusing on siege vs player to defend keep, they need to make the walls where you can actually range fight with your characters from them like you can do on real walls instead of making it so easy to hit and pull ppl off.

You should have increased range / area from the walls and be harder to hit than on the ground as is the advantage of fighting from the walls in reality allowing players more options than using ac vs player. You get much more than 10 players on AC’s, there are servers that have the entire ZERG ( map queue) on siege vs players and in addition to AC’s, you ALSO get trebs, cats and balis vs player all protected with shield generators… It just gets stupid.

You do not want to design the game to make up for the flaws that are causing players not to want to defend, but instead you properly fix the issues causing players not to want to defend and make it more rewarding to do so, you will have them come back to defend and will not be concerned about trying to make up for the handicaps created by game flaws. Fix the problems and that will no longer be a primary issue.

Solving population balance and rewards will solve that if implemented properly, Not create more problems when you have a zerg using that against the few roamers outside instead. I have seen multiple servers have zergs on siege, so yea this IS a concern.

WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

Siege condition mastery

in WvW

Sich.7103

I agree with the problem we have to defend with players… Because as defender you just can’t stay on the wall… As you say defender should have some defensive buff…. You have no LOS each time you want to place your aoe… You must to go under ennemy fire to be able to shoot yourself…
But on my side (Piken T1 EU) I never see a full ennemy zerg going on AC to defend…