Siege disappearing after todays patch???

in WvW

Posted by: Tidy.9815

Tidy.9815

So… prior to todays update/maintenence our guild had just taken and claimed garrison and proceeded to place defensive siege throughout the keep. We continued to do so after the patch, and just found that half the siege we had placed after the patch had disappeared within an hour of placing it….. Is this a bug? Working as intended? What the hell is going on? We just wasted over a golds worth of siege!

Anet……

Any comment?

(edited by Tidy.9815)

in WvW

Posted by: SpaceLord.4590

SpaceLord.4590

Been happening for awhile on our server. Don’t think it was this patch, at least not for us.

Haaaa Key Puck (80) Norn Mesmer (80) Asura Engineer-Protocol [PRO]
Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Tidy.9815

Ive seen siege disappear before, but nothing on this scale. Literally 80% of the siege we placed in garrison is gone, and I’m watching it disappear in front me. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.5298

Cactus.5298

Yep; it’s happening. Was this a mistake on Anet’s part, or was it intentional? Either way this sort of thing happening is gonna make things VERY expensive for players in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Neo Juggernaut.1267

Neo Juggernaut.1267

so its been dissapearing for you guys alot faster than normal? we understand siege, siege is in our blood for my guild, we know how the timers have worked refreshes needed, so its not something we didnt consider. whats odd is that after todays “maintenance” patch, the siege we have placed dissapeared at an alarming rate, not to mention that there were no quaggan lightning to kill them, no enemy resistance at all at 3 different locations. so Anet is there a problem or meant to be like stated by OP? please give patch notes or a response, this kills the ability of a guild or server population from properly preparing defensive fortifications to key locations.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

This happens on every patch.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: ohac.8720

ohac.8720

aye, you make it sound as “after the reset/patch” you placed siege and it is going poof. This actually happens during a reset many times has for the longest time as I can remember it. Sadly it happens. If this happened after the patch then ok, now we got an issue!

Tracker Maximous, Guardious Maximous, Arcanious Maximous, [DH] DragonHorn Officer
http://www.dragonhorn.net

in WvW

Neo Juggernaut.1267

so if it happens on EVERY patch, i think i would have noticed, my guild is the siege arm of a major alliance, and ive never even after halloween patches and whatnot seen siege disappear so fast. BUT if it happens on every patch how long does it last before it goes back to normal? cause like i said , never seen siege disappear this quickly

in WvW

Neo Juggernaut.1267

this is happening AFTER, siege we placed BEFORE the patch remains intact, anything new we deployed AFTER the patch disappears alot faster. i still see siege i placed before sitting there being all cool and kitten

in WvW

ohac.8720

hmm whats faster? the standard time was 30min, tag the siege it remains, your saying you place it and it goes poof when?

Tracker Maximous, Guardious Maximous, Arcanious Maximous, [DH] DragonHorn Officer

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Normally 30 minutes untouched.
However people have the impression that with every time WvW resets, there’s a slight rollback – siege disappears, damage is gone (or the other way around – repairs walls are damaged again), etc.

Though at least it seems to save who owns what

in WvW

Tidy.9815

It definitely didn’t last even 30 minutes…. within 20 it was gone. Makes setting up defenses seem pretty pointless. Something has to have changed or something is broken. Either way, not wasting any more siege on defenses til we hear back from Anet. What a waste of time/resources……….

in WvW

Neo Juggernaut.1267

@ohac, to clarify yes the standard time was 30 minutes, my guildies have reported its been reduced to 10 minutes it seems, we were assigned to siege up garrison hills and bay keep , as we circled around back to the first keep we sieged up, -less than 30 minutes- stuff was gone, quagg nodes were ours, no enemy presence. so yes it seemed the timers went down all across the board, and even then the 30 minutes rule, ive seen siege sit around for alot longer than that in my experience, but now its just ridiculous. and its started to be noticed by other guilds and players.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Oh, I misunderstood. Did you actually try refreshing siege every 10 minutes to see if it would last longer? If so, that’s pretty terrible.

in WvW

Neo Juggernaut.1267

we had some ppl watch it for the 10 minutes to confirm, all siege seems to be disappearing at that timer now, if this is permanent, we are screwed in the defensive theater i feel like a defensive player in the NFL now, cant tackle the QB as i want now

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I imagine it must be some sort of bug or there would be a lot more complaining. Or maybe people are just unobservant.

in WvW

ohac.8720

wow anet steps to a new low in trying to make money, u know im sorry anet but i see this for no other reason. 30min was short enough, but alas if you wanted to make a monthy income more priority you should have started charging from the start. I see no benifit for ANYONE doing this other then Anet. I would have a hard time beleiving a perfect 10min count is a bug :P

Next we are going to see “grind levels” like EQ being patched in and it takes your level 40 4 times as long to make one level.

(edited by ohac.8720)

in WvW

Neo Juggernaut.1267

ya thats what im more afraid of ohac, is thats its intentional… only anet can soothe or increase my woes

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Why has only one person noticed it, then?

in WvW

ohac.8720

Many are probably not aware, not every second of WvWvW is there siege being put down for def. Hell most servers your lucky if you have a guild willing to put down a defense somewhere.

in WvW

Posted by: Wildman.9641

Wildman.9641

They will be selling you seige buffs that are timers. Want more than a 10 min treb? Pay. The new Ascended Trebs!

in WvW

Neo Juggernaut.1267

LOL wildman u got it there, kittenol, T>gems for longer siege life

in WvW

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

I hope this 10 minute thing is a fluke or a bug.