Siege does not do damage when you "Leave" it.

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

Is this a new bug/feature as I don’t remember anything about it in patch notes?

Siege when fired and then left, before the projectile hits it’s objective do not do damage. But the projectile continues on it’s merry way and explodes. Seems like a clunky feature so thinking this is a bug?

If your going to make this a feature then remove the projectile once the siege has been left, but I think it should be put back how it was. I mean why would a great bit stone flying through the air suddenly do no damage because the catapult operator has left his siege while the stone was in flight?

I should add this becomes especially annoying when you are alone, manning siege and trying to hit something out of your direct line of sight. Which happens more than I thought.

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I haven’t noticed this yet but “lower” cannon on south hills won’t hit stairs anymore. As if there is an invisible wall blocking the shots.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I haven’t noticed this yet but “lower” cannon on south hills won’t hit stairs anymore. As if there is an invisible wall blocking the shots.

Yes, that cannon is useless now. Shots hit that invisible wall.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

You have to be actively using the siege to see the damage numbers. It still hits, still does damage, you just aren’t seeing the numbers because you’ve jumped off too quickly.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

You have to be actively using the siege to see the damage numbers. It still hits, still does damage, you just aren’t seeing the numbers because you’ve jumped off too quickly.

I don’t think that’s right. Try using a sup cata on a paper structure, you can visibly see the walls “health” drop with each hit. If you jump off before the projectile hits it doesn’t take damage.
This changed before HoT so it’s been awhile.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Hrm, I will have to go experiment. I hadn’t noticed this, maybe it’s assuming you’re cancelling action?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Hrm, I will have to go experiment. I hadn’t noticed this, maybe it’s assuming you’re cancelling action?

Possibly. I just remember being pretty annoyed when it happened lol. I noticed it because I’d be trying to ninja bay or hills and I’d always jump off the cata when the last shot was still in the air to get inside as quickly as possible, then one day those last shots stopped doing damage.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

i noticed this too, even before…
however, If you jump back in the cata before the rock hits the wall, the damage will be dealt