Siege griefing

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: DtC.4806

DtC.4806

On Borlis pass AND ehmry bay there is a guy named Arif Q (on Borlis) and Q Arif Q (on ehmry bay) he has been throwing trebs on doors draining the attacking team supply, throwing trebs in locations u can’t use, throwing rams all over the defensive walls, basically burning supply in every possible way. Borlis passa has made many tickets in the last month, he has Been griefing Borlis for 2-4 months by now. I have proof in pictures of him admitting to griefing in map chat and saying he has 3 accounts so banning one won’t do anything he says. He explains how it’s his fault we lack supply and he tells us constantly he will ruin our chances over and over. We have made many tickets about this over several months and nothing is happening. Could I get some reasonings why people are getting banned for much smaller issues like a semi offensive name when Arif has been sabotaging and completely admitting to it for months with tons of tickets sent to anet and hundreds if not thousands of in game reports? If you want me to post the pictures I will just let me know
Thanks

PS if anyone on ehmry bay can confirm Q Arif Q Is as sabotaging there as well – I know he is because he pm’d me giving me spy info about ehmry, I told him to not spy on either server and blocked him.

Main: Ominous Justice (DtC)
Guild: Ominous Threat
Server: Fort Aspenwood

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Try here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Is-Anet-tracking-who-is-building-siege/

Also, I’d edit out the name of the guy .. Anet frowns on that. Just send in a petition or send evidence to exploits@arena.net

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Siege griefing

in WvW

DtC.4806

Try here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Is-Anet-tracking-who-is-building-siege/

Also, I’d edit out the name of the guy .. Anet frowns on that. Just send in a petition or send evidence to exploits@arena.net

Our server as a whole has made over 10 tickets to anet in the last few months with significant proof

Siege griefing

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Yep, that thread I linked might be hope for all of us who have done so. Looks like Anet might finally be looking into this, so I suspect your ticket will be responded to and actioned soon. I’d still edit out the guy’s name tho. Anet doesn’t like that done publically.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

It bothers me dozens of players send tickets but only after one guy posts about it on the forums, the devs “will look into it”

Is there actually a team that reads tickets? I had a similar Issue with a person that used fly -hack… me and many others say it and reported, but he still logs to this day.

Siege griefing

in WvW

Jayne.9251

My guess is it’s because they haven’t made a clear mandate on how to handle this yet, so the CS guys can’t do much until an official decision is made. I think we’re starting to see movement on it though, so that’s a good thing.

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Hes not getting banned because using supplies is allowed, wasting supplies like that is fraudulent but still allowed.

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

On Borlis pass AND ehmry bay there is a guy named Arif Q (on Borlis) and Q Arif Q (on ehmry bay) he has been throwing trebs on doors draining the attacking team supply, throwing trebs in locations u can’t use, throwing rams all over the defensive walls, basically burning supply in every possible way. Borlis passa has made many tickets in the last month, he has Been griefing Borlis for 2-4 months by now. I have proof in pictures of him admitting to griefing in map chat and saying he has 3 accounts so banning one won’t do anything he says. He explains how it’s his fault we lack supply and he tells us constantly he will ruin our chances over and over. We have made many tickets about this over several months and nothing is happening. Could I get some reasonings why people are getting banned for much smaller issues like a semi offensive name when Arif has been sabotaging and completely admitting to it for months with tons of tickets sent to anet and hundreds if not thousands of in game reports? If you want me to post the pictures I will just let me know
Thanks

PS if anyone on ehmry bay can confirm Q Arif Q Is as sabotaging there as well – I know he is because he pm’d me giving me spy info about ehmry, I told him to not spy on either server and blocked him.

So in other words your server is too mindless to see what they are building before wasting supplies? My sympathy bar is at zero.

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

No, the guy burns the supply enough by himself, running back and forth.

Snow Crows [SC]

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

To try and nip this all in the bud, Customer Support has been examining these cases as they get them, it’s just a complicated thing. Posting on the forums, while tempting, is not the best way to get these answered. I will, generally speaking, talk to Customer Support on Monday to try and get more action on cases that are reported to them. If you send the report in, it will get looked at. If you post about it on the forums, it will not. Not out of malice or as a punishment, but because I’m just not going to look at these threads any more.

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: PaulV.3245

PaulV.3245

Well that was quick. j/k lulz

I do understand reading all these issues about the game can be overwhelming :\

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

I have to say, if ANet does ban people for this, I will be very disappointed. It’s not greifing, it;s not an exploit and it’s not cheating.

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Puaru.9325

Puaru.9325

I have to say, if ANet does ban people for this, I will be very disappointed. It’s not greifing, it;s not an exploit and it’s not cheating.

I’m interested in how you think building multiple flame rams in locations where they can not actually attack anything is anything but griefing. Don’t say the person doesn’t know how to play or how they work, plenty of people have told him.

He griefed Borlis Pass for weeks, now he’s in Ebay doing the same. He even publicly admits that he is intentionally burning supply.

Siege griefing

in WvW

DtC.4806

It is when he builds 5 rams near the defensive door making it siege cap and not able to place any ac’s

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

I’m interested in how you think building multiple flame rams in locations where they can not actually attack anything is anything but griefing. Don’t say the person doesn’t know how to play or how they work, plenty of people have told him.

He griefed Borlis Pass for weeks, now he’s in Ebay doing the same. He even publicly admits that he is intentionally burning supply.

Even though I do not approve of such tactics, I can see why. Specifically, the same reason as spying: To give your home team an advantage, and make it easier for them to succeed. Sabotage, essentially.

Is it right? About as right as spying I’d say. Is spying right? I’ll leave you guys to figure that out. I keep separate from these kinds of things.

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

The things that prevent these sort of issues are almost always unpopular themselves, though:

- Fixed locations for siege placement
- Rethinking of the ‘supply running’ design
- Basically provide info on friendly and enemy troop movements/battles so that spies are not very effective.

And stuff like that…

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

If Anet intended for people to be able to go in as a player on another team/server and place siege like this as a valid WvW tactic :

1) You wouldn’t have to have another account. There’d be some way to go into “spy” mode.

2) Siege would be destroy-able by all sides, not just opposite sides.

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Krash.9486

Krash.9486

If they would make commander tags voted on by players on map and then give those commanders the power to move of destroy siege or even kick players from WvW with a 15-30 min buff preventing them from reentering. Or allow the players to vote kick by a majority or large enough number it wouldn’t be abused and used to grief too. That could solve a lot of problems. And those commanders would be accountable to the other players on map by vote.

This would also result in better commanders instead of just anyone with 100 gold buying a tag.

[SBI] Champions of Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Krash.9486)

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Just add a feature to “/report” some sieges placements. Make maybe the report only doable by commanders. And once enough reports are given, the user is banned from siege placement and supply collection for a moment.

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: sdsakuragi.8170

sdsakuragi.8170

The issue is really complicated. Sometimes, when taking towers or supply camps that your server has no intention or realistic ability to hold long term, like northern towers/camps on enemy borderlands, building random seige is a great way to drain their supply, so they cannot use it to back up defense at a keep or the garrision. While veteran WvW players may understand when this tactic is appropriate, some newer players may not understand why we do it, or which camps/towers to do it at.

“Take whatever you can carry! Burn the rest on Flame Rams!”

Siege griefing

in WvW

DtC.4806

The issue is really complicated. Sometimes, when taking towers or supply camps that your server has no intention or realistic ability to hold long term, like northern towers/camps on enemy borderlands, building random seige is a great way to drain their supply, so they cannot use it to back up defense at a keep or the garrision. While veteran WvW players may understand when this tactic is appropriate, some newer players may not understand why we do it, or which camps/towers to do it at.

“Take whatever you can carry! Burn the rest on Flame Rams!”

His intention is to make us have no supply when defending, there’s hundreds of ss’s saying he’s specifically sabotaging for us to lose and that he tells ehmry where our commanders are and stuff (and on his alt account he’s told me where their commander is as well) nobody should be thinking of excuses on why this is acceptable.
And I am a veteran commander I was one of the early commanders on Borlis pass

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: sdsakuragi.8170

sdsakuragi.8170

His intention is to make us have no supply when defending, there’s hundreds of ss’s saying he’s specifically sabotaging for us to lose and that he tells ehmry where our commanders are and stuff (and on his alt account he’s told me where their commander is as well) nobody should be thinking of excuses on why this is acceptable.
And I am a veteran commander I was one of the early commanders on Borlis pass

Oh I’m not commenting on the guy in the OP specifically. If everything being said about him is true, then yea he’s just a griefer. What I’m saying is in response to people’s suggestions that monitoring seige placement by character and allowing open reporting will fix this.

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Darlgon.9273

Darlgon.9273

OK .. WvWvW neophite questions here. If they are from the enemy, you can destroy them right? So you can prevent them from burning up your resources if they are left from the other side. But if a person is willing to pay for a second account, pay gems to transfer a bot char to one of the opposing sides servers each week, potentially you could use that bot to build resources in some hidden area locking the home server from building trebouchets and rams? Does not sound like playing fair, but also does not sound like an exploit. (At least, that was what I was told when I asked why a person from an oposing server could get invited in to a home servers group.) Solution for that, make it so Commanders maybe, or ever player has the option to right-click, destroy siege weapons. Cor, that also means that the above player could fund his bot to Commander and use his bot to destroy that servers seige weapons.

Charrdian, Ashura Mesmer, Norn Ranger, Sylvari Elementalist and Human Magic Engineer

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

From the Guild Wars 2 rules of conduct that you agree to when signing up to play the game:

While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

Burning thousands of supply by building siege weapons that are not removable in order to make it impossible for a server to defend high value capture points is in fact griefing, cheating, and goes against both the letter and spirit of the agreement signed. When done consistently it has a direct effect on WvW point totals and thus match outcomes – this is both a form of match manipulation AND disruptive to other people’s game experience.

I find it disturbing that there are people like you that don’t see this.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Plutonium.1308

Plutonium.1308

Needs to be a name attached to each piece of siege, and an option to report, and something done with those reports other than lining birdcages as they do now with all those reports.

Another question.. why do flame rams have such a long life? I would think no ram would really need to be around for more than 15 minutes but i’ve seen some of em stay for days. Give em a 15 minute life between refreshes and a hard cap of say 45 minutes, that would make this practice much more expensive, or make the griefer switch to something marginally useful.

Observe Adapt Overcome
[FTF]Danke Bitte

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

But the thing is, he really is not doing anything wrong in my eyes, sabotage and spying are legality war tactics. Is wvw no longer a war zone? I think not. Cheers to the dedicated troll.

There is nothing wrong with someone building so many rams that you can not drop another piece of siege on the entire map?

D/D, Staff Elementalist

(edited by Gorefiend.9675)

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: IceBlizzard.1054

IceBlizzard.1054

Haha this guy you’re referring to is dedicated. And the several people you say reported him is nothing compared to the reports I and my buddy have on us fromSoR, and my own server TC for the whole stating in towers a couple months ago.

But the thing is, he really is not doing anything wrong in my eyes, sabotage and spying are legality war tactics. Is wvw no longer a war zone? I think not. Cheers to the dedicated troll.

In “war tactics” you would be allowed to remove the said individual. You cant here.
Clearly the people here who are calling it “fine” have never been trolled like what this guy is doing.

Dragonslayer
GoF Commander

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Haha this guy you’re referring to is dedicated. And the several people you say reported him is nothing compared to the reports I and my buddy have on us fromSoR, and my own server TC for the whole stating in towers a couple months ago.

In “war tactics” you would be allowed to remove the said individual. You cant here.
Clearly the people here who are calling it “fine” have never been trolled like what this guy is doing.

You’d also be able to destroy the offending property.

Chewy : This isn’t war in the real world. It’s in a game, with rules. Rules against the behavior you say is okay.

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: chrisk.4320

chrisk.4320

Solution is extremely simple. Put the player’s account name on the placed siege, under the target frame when targeting. Banning griefers will be a non-issue then and easy to report, and having your account name branded on your siege should deter any moron from grieving in this fashion lest face suspension.

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Solution is extremely simple. Put the player’s account name on the placed siege, under the target frame when targeting. Banning griefers will be a non-issue then and easy to report, and having your account name branded on your siege should deter any moron from grieving in this fashion lest face suspension.

I think this really is the only suitable “solution”. Everyone will be able to find out who built the siege and how many and which guild. Unfortunately Anet cannot reprogram these idiots who are ruining the game for everyone

And as they have said this is a hard issue to tackle, usually it’s only commanders who place siege, we dont want a newbie to WvW for reporting commanders who have dropped 5 cats to take down a fortified keep quickly.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Well, in war its also not uncommon to EXECUTE the spies when caugth.

And more importantly, this isnt a war its a game. And this game has that rules are clear on this subject, what he is doing is wrong. Its considered griefing AND matchfixing, both are banable offenses. Doesnt matter how it is in “your eyes”, the games rules are very clear on this subject. Let the banhammer feast!

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

I’d like to chime in and say this is true. Today he built rams at the supply depots for no reason. In addition he would man siege when we were holding tight spots like lord room and not use it.

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

Siege griefing

in WvW

DtC.4806

If anyone has a video or ss of Arif admitting, or caught griefing post here, I have a bunch, these are a compilation posted on our server forum. As its hard to get a pic of proof of him tossing siege, we have tons of proof of him admitting to it, I’m sure someone has a video though
http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/4416402/pics/original/1587043.jpg
http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/4416402/pics/original/1587042.jpg
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4683/gw001oi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T5RLob2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ztegoAe.jpg
http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/262427/modules/forum/attachments/gw008_1364752964.jpg

(edited by DtC.4806)

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Simple action that Anet should have: Make an official thread warning players from such behaviour, ban grieffers, plain and simple solution. You agree on the game terms and if you just sabotage in the “war spirit” it’s the game itself that you are sabotaging so you should be award a Grenth Ban without any further explaination. If hundreds of players complain and bring clues of such behaviour I believe Anet should do something.
Really Anet please do something and communicate about it that it ll put an end to every hackers/exploiters/grieffers activity in wvw.
There is nothing to expect from such people just right kick them forever, ban is the only thing that will work with them.
Anet care of your gaming community when they are giving facts and asking support against grieffer. For the sake of game fair environment, you have to be mercyless with all these grieffers/exploiters/hackers.

(edited by Titan.3472)

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Isn’t it though? Each tower and/or keep has a specific limit on the amount of siege that can be placed within it’s walls, yes? So wouldn’t therefore lining the Stonemist Castle lord’s room with useless trebs be counteracting the defensive capabilities of those holding the keep? This is what we’re talking about here, and it has begun happening on our server now as well as Borliss during our current match-up. Sounds like the very definition of cheating or rigging the match in favor of one side or another to me.

While it’s true that siege also is known to have a despawn counter of roughly 30 mins, should it be left idle and unused within that time. Who’s to say he isn’t also refreshing the siege as well? It does seem to stay for long durations. I have even gone so far as to offer personally my services to Borliss, our current in-match opponent, to remove such offending rams and other useless siege from their walls and such if I am able. As a countermeasure to the current situation. (Original post seen below)

I’d go as far as to say that if you message me, I’m willing to offer assistance to clear siege that is placed this way in any instances where it can be done so without compromising your servers controlled structures. Tainted victory does not taste like victory.

I second this notion. I’m fully willing and unafraid to let you call upon me to remove any unwanted siege from your premises, and ONLY unwanted siege. Upon my honor, and I expect your direct supervision, of course. Simply PM or team me ingame, let your people know I’m about and not a threat, and we’ll see what we can do. Since this apparently is not going to stop without us directly doing so ourselves.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

oh, how often i would have liked to have been able to kill traitors and spies on your own side in this and other wvw type games in the absence of a ban or other official intervention.

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

The problem of this (why griefer use ram not ac):
1. 5/1000 siege limit. (ram is counted toward this limit)
2. (Maybe) Bugged siege limit. (ram is still counted toward siege (other ram) limit).

Solution:
1. Make the 5/1000 limit for ram and other siege different.
2. Announce how many siege which are there in every battleground score every 15 minutes (along with tick update). (This will make monitoring easier. In addition, if there is really a bug, it can be addressed immediately).
3. Make siege has minimum level to consume (15/20 is good (as it fast anyway)).
4. Or/And Player can starting drop siege if their world rank is 5(or 10).

Suggestion:
Anet can actually do soft “punishment”, like: make an automatic system which monitor every in-game report. If there is multiple report to a player (different player and different IP) in short time with same reason, this system will send a notification to that player: You have been reported for suspicious activity….

(edited by deviller.9135)

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

New Commander ability: “Salvage Siege”

Commander may salvage siege and regain 50-100% of the supply used to create the siege item. There is also a 15% chance to recover the siege blueprint. A higher WvW rank in “Salvage Siege” will raise the minimum percentage chance for recovered supply and blueprints.

This ability does not work on enemy siege.

Siege griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As already explained earlier, such issues are meant to be reported & discussed with our customer support team.

Posting here on the forums will not speed up the process nor resolve your issue.

This thread is now closed, thank you for your understanding.