Siege of Sorrows and Siegebluff Isles

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Can you fight without it?

inb4 lock

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: SKDeadeye.6394

SKDeadeye.6394

Maguuma: winning by blob, no skill required

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Mag has a larger NA presence than the other two, so when facing such opposition one often uses any available means at their disposal.

in WvW

Posted by: Castigate.5470

Castigate.5470

^ yeah… what other choice do we have?

in WvW

Posted by: perseco.8321

perseco.8321

The only guilds from either server that stands a chance right now with even numbers are Os and MR, and that’s because they sometimes run boonshare. SBI and SoS make up excuses like “oh you guys blob, waaah waaah”… they don’t want to adapt their comps to the current WvW meta, so they just get rolled withtheir bad squad/party comps against lesser numbers. At reset, KILL had about 20-23 people in squad vs. SBI’s map blob of HoD and pugs, and you guys were getting repeatedly farmed in the “kitten cave” with your greater numbers. Numbers aren’t your problem… it’s your players and your comp.

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

Everybody knows permanent residents of magumma is half of population the rest is just alts from different servers who have lots of cash ,having multiple accounts .and why they get more points fast cause they come out when sos and sbl asleep.

in WvW

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

SoS = bunch of people afraid to fight / dodge fights / ignore red dots on the map / no map awareness

Maguuma = every single people runs dire/trailblazer condi scrub build.

SBI = same as maguuma but more with blob Lol

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Mag has a larger NA presence than the other two, so when facing such opposition one often uses any available means at their disposal.

Truth has been spoken.

in WvW

Posted by: Playing wit Okimy.5179

Playing wit Okimy.5179

inb4 lock

pliz. fight more pliz <3

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Maguuma: winning by blob, no skill required

GW2 WvW isnt about skill….. if u want skill go play gw1 pvp/gvg

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

The trick to beating SoS and SBI is to constantly flip their towers so they can never build up the siege. When they have a T3 tower that is well defended by 3-4 people, just hit the other tower on the opposite side and come back. Pretty simple stuff.

If for some reason you can’t take a tower, don’t waste more than 15-20 minutes on it. Its not that important. Just go back and hour or so later when people aren’t paying attention and drop plenty of rams/catas.

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: BOA smid.1783

BOA smid.1783

You say that like they aren’t already beating SoS and SBI. Have you not looked at the score yet? Mag’s just boohooing because they’ve stacked their NA with fight guilds and have nothing to fight. Funny how a problem that already existed before just got amplified when you add more. SoS hasn’t had a strong NA ever since T2 became such a cesspool back when YB was pushing to T1 and everyone transferred to get away from the tier. Not sure why this is suddenly a news flash to people. That’s ok, from what I hear those score changes are in our near future and that stacking may actually pay off and someone else can drop to T3 to cry about the same issues.

in WvW

Posted by: Mushin.3928

Mushin.3928

Topics from the salt forms are invading the official forums, ruh oh!

OP, you haven’t seen siege defense until you’ve been in at least T2. The reality is that siege is one of the few ways to defend against the omniblob meta.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

inb4 lock

SOS has very, very few guilds and commanders left. The ones in NA prime are small and play less often. The ones in OCX tz are ok size wise, but they are new, extremely unorganized etc. The OCX guys are continuously improving, though it will take a lot of time for them to get things right, piece by little piece, it ain’t gonna happen in this match up.

As Boa said, ever since the whole YB going up and alliance thing, SOS is pretty much barren. I have played this game since early launch, and nothing, and I mean nothing, not the stab changes, not anything else in WVW has made more players leave the game entirely then that, not even remotely close. It ruined entire tier and deprived us of many, many guilds and players.

NSP, our current link, actually has some really good NA time guilds, but they are smaller size and unable to accomodate the likes of Mag server due to size difference.

So if you want fights like that, you have to go back up in tiers. Its that simple, and when there, make sure you thank YB and this alliance thing for all they have done for WVW in general, results of which you are currently experiencing.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: ThRockk.6081

ThRockk.6081

SOS & SIB You never will, never will be.

Than before to more people in WvW if not know how to play?

Thug Life P [THUG]

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i will fight and kill mag with anything at my disposal.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

It’s the same song in every server. Nobody like facing off vs siege. However, siege usage is a valid defensive strategy. There are times when a group should run out of the tower to fight the zerg and there are times when a group should fortify the tower/destroy enemy siege with siege.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: kandle.2367

kandle.2367

SOS/NSP had a total of about 8 peeps in EB & maybe a dozen in the BL when I logged on about 2:00pm EST.
Both sides were hitting us. I logged off out of pure frustration after about an hour. This match-up is nothing but an exercise to give the opposition emote practice. Yet, they continue to complain about fights & siege usage. Not that we don’t have our good hours, but the hours are not enough to challenge a server like Mag.
Being from IOJ (not on this account) in its hey-day, I can understand SOS’s situation. I watched as guilds were bought & guilds that left out of sheer frustration. I watched as the server that I called home fell. It’s all in the distant past now. Unfortunately, I do see the same tactics being ensued at present.
Server stacking is and has been the major issue that has messed up WVW much more than anything ANET has implemented-yes even the DBL’s which I personally dislike. If this continues, we will have a few main servers with a mere vestige of a couple others. Then the “fight guilds/servers” can have their way & fight each other to eternity or until ANET pulls the plug.
And yes, I am mite bitter at this point. As much as I love WVW-its appeal is waning…

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

step1
Stack all the guilds and players on one server while the other two don’t have any chance of competing.

step2
Complain that other servers don’t fight you.

When can ppl from Maguuma learn to use their brain?

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Please be tolerant, it is a difficult period for Maguuma, IMHO, they are way too big for T3 and apparently too small for T2.

It happens, the teams who flip up and down tiers constantly have a history of implosion and need to thrash about a bit during the process.

My advice would be for you to win T2 a few weeks and hold that tier, otherwise a few losses can seriously hurt your self image.

Good luck Mags.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)