Siege of Sorrows

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’ve been on I think about 10 servers now and SoS is hands down, no contest, the worst I’ve been on. There are more organized groups in EOTM than what SoS can pull and they’re so bad individually it’s painful. I mean you should never depend on someone to help you when you’re roaming but just for context, I don’t think I’ve ever been at a greater advantage while someone else was with me since I’ve been on this server. Any time someone(s) else is around they may as well not even be there they die so fast. I may not be the greatest player myself but good god… I have absolutely 0 faith in getting help or being in a successful zerg. The only time they win is if they outnumber 3 – 1 and even then, there are lots of times they’re pushed back. This has been the most miserable few weeks in WvW out of my entire time in Gw2. I want out, but I don’t have the gems quite yet so I’m boned for now.

Ugh, that felt great to get off my chest. Mods delete when you’re ready. Will love to see responses until then.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I don’t believe any server could be worse than yaksarrowbend when it comes to siege. Dunno the current state of SoS, just know a lot of good people left it like a year ago. Is Rx still around?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

When we are perma outnumbered, of course all we can do is siege up.
Feel free to transfer elsewhere, sadly server is dying anyway.

edit: That said, there are still groups that will go out and fight other groups even if outnumbered, I dont agree with sieging up and sitting in a keep all day, as it is not fun one bit… but this happens to every server…

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I don’t believe any server could be worse than yaksarrowbend when it comes to siege. Dunno the current state of SoS, just know a lot of good people left it like a year ago. Is Rx still around?

SoS is like a mini, less organized YB. I’m pretty sure I snapped a screen shot of 6 of their “roamers” building a bali to hit me because I kept killing them out in the open field in front of bay when they would try to gank me in groups of 2-4. Most of the time you can get a handful of fights and if they can’t take you with shear numbers they will avoid you and back cap.

Honestly their biggest problem is they have lost all their fair weathers and are outnumbered the majority of the day, but they still have this try hard ocx crew that PvD’s everything and won’t let them drop a tier so they can find fights they actually stand a chance in. If they weren’t getting rofl stomped 20 hours out of the day they could rebuild their community.

My advice is they need to stop focusing on PPT and start focusing on fighting and having fun. Other wise they will keep losing guilds and fair weathers won’t be logging on.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

The server gets stuck in a terrible matchup. It doesn’t have chance to rebuild against maguuma, a server stacked with WvW veterans.

It would be much better if it draws against either FA or JQ, both of which has way more casuals and way easier to fight against. It is also more fun for OCX players to have someone to fight against.

Mag should be bumped into Tier 1 to play against TC and BG. I don’t understand how those WvW veterans found it fun to stack onto a T3 server to just stomp lesser opponent week after week.

(edited by Exciton.8942)

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

The server gets stuck in a terrible matchup. It doesn’t have chance to rebuild against maguuma, a server stacked with WvW veterans.

It would be much better if it draws against either FA or JQ, both of which has way more casuals and way easier to fight against. It is also more fun for OCX players to have someone to fight against.

Mag should be bumped into Tier 1 to play against TC and BG. I don’t understand how those WvW veterans found it fun to stack onto a T3 server to just stomp lesser opponent week after week.

If SoS wasn’t so PPT try hard Mag would have moved up weeks ago to replace FA. That’s what happens when your ocx crew drains a bunch of glicko points. Mag doesn’t have that many PPT guilds, the majority of their players are more interested in fighting and having fun rather than avoiding your players to PvD.

Just look at the scores right now, SoS night crew is going hard in a match they can’t win and Mag is losing 8 glicko points because of it. You are killing yourselves.

LGN

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

One thing you could argue for is the return of the winner moves up loser moves down system. This would prevent situations like….. well…. every current match up. I know people argue that it can be manipulated but so can the current system, it just takes longer.
These locked tiers are really rough on the fair weather crowds, more variety keeps people interested in playing. And even if some server did decide to be an kitten to drop down a couple ranks to rofl stomp, it’s not like they are going very far. You end up with 1 bad week instead of the exact same match up for 2 weeks straight.

LGN

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

All servers are slowly dying one at a time. Being held captive fighting the same servers for months. All the broken cheese classes and just GW2 in general is boring as hell now days.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

It’s not even that it’s a terrible match up, it’s that no one has a fighting spirit. People would rather cap things than have any kind of conflict.

Don’t get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their opinion of what fun is and I guess fighting is not what most of them find fun. But when they’re forced to do so, people just run around like chickens with their heads cut off. I’m of 0 help as well because I’ll just immediately run away knowing our chances of winning are like 1 in 100. Doesn’t even feel worth the chance of a wipe to me.

It’s just plain not my kind of community and I feel out of place. Having been here for like the last 2 weeks now I’m slowly going crazy. I wouldn’t have written this if it weren’t for how many times small groups of Mags were farming our group trying to push SMC. We had a freaking tag up but no one was paying attention and kept falling for the same trick every single time.

I want to say I’m sorry to SoS for being such a debbie downer but seriously people need to get their heads in the game. There is no reason this server should be in such a high tier with the performance they have. Stop night crew PPTing and start learning to defend yourselves.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: claytonmorby.3751

claytonmorby.3751

So you’re complaining pugs don’t group up and play how you want them to? Pugs are terrible on every server, I 1v4 both mag and Sbi regularly.

And as for ocx, the reason there’s so much ppt is because the other servers log off because they don’t want to fight. Which is fine because SoS pugs do the same during NA and EU. Unless it’s a guild, people aren’t going to fight unless they have a huge blob and that goes for all three sides.

If you want organization join a guild. PS, OG, DCA, Rx, the list goes on. They aren’t going to run 24/7 though. You have to accept the fact that a large majority of people don’t care or have quit. If you can’t enjoy the game without other people supporting you that’s on you.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s not even that it’s a terrible match up, it’s that no one has a fighting spirit. People would rather cap things than have any kind of conflict.

Don’t get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their opinion of what fun is and I guess fighting is not what most of them find fun. But when they’re forced to do so, people just run around like chickens with their heads cut off. I’m of 0 help as well because I’ll just immediately run away knowing our chances of winning are like 1 in 100. Doesn’t even feel worth the chance of a wipe to me.

It’s just plain not my kind of community and I feel out of place. Having been here for like the last 2 weeks now I’m slowly going crazy. I wouldn’t have written this if it weren’t for how many times small groups of Mags were farming our group trying to push SMC. We had a freaking tag up but no one was paying attention and kept falling for the same trick every single time.

I want to say I’m sorry to SoS for being such a debbie downer but seriously people need to get their heads in the game. There is no reason this server should be in such a high tier with the performance they have. Stop night crew PPTing and start learning to defend yourselves.

Well, I think that’s indicative of the problem in bold. I doubt you’re alone in your lack of confidence in your group, but sometimes you just have to roll with it and just keep morale up even if you wipe, and try to find constructive ways to deal with it and offer advice, though the problem here is that you don’t really feel like you should have to go out of the way for these people. And that’s perfectly fair too.

The pugmanders probably think the same thing and they have zero confidence in their players. And thus they avoid fights, and hide behind siege or swap maps because their assessment is that is all their force is capable of. Can you really fault them if most of them are not in comms and will definitely go up to the lord in that tower attack, because that 10 silver bag is totally worth jeopardizing everyone else?

That’s fine and all, but you don’t learn anything by doing that. Nor is one really forced to test their limits. This is how you end up with squads with 15 rangers and 0 warriors. Wait, sorry, that’s SBI at least SoS runs lots of DHs. But at the same time if you wipe repeatedly, then people are just going to leave. Now, I’ve only experienced WvW on 2 community’s TS’s, but how often on TS will someone actively discuss these things as opposed to just making excuses? Or crying about things out of their control? Or bashing people for things outside their control? Heck, it’s all around us as we speak.

This isn’t the first time you’ve brought up this problem and I forgot to reply to you in that instance, but I believe you said you contacted their leadership and asked them about the problems? I’m not sure how you do it, but do understand when someone that they may not consider one of their own yet (and judging by the tone of your posts, you can’t really say I’m making stuff up) comes in with unsolicited advice, a lot of defensiveness comes out. You just have to really be careful about that, otherwise it tends to get “lalalalala can’t hear you”. People are stubborn, and resistant to change and who knows what the culture was before you came here. You can’t just waltz in and decide that this is what needs to be done.

Also, if experience is any indicator, the people that need to hear whatever you say the most probably aren’t there or don’t care.

It’s not something that can be changed quickly, since humans are a matter of habit. Also, people have to start somewhere. I’ve worked with folks that I wouldn’t have followed in the past because it was a futile endeavor in any fight, and have visually seen improvements over time. Of course, SBI likes to run off their commanders even if they’re good, because as you know crying for a tag and then yelling at them for not being able to carry them is perfectly healthy behavior so I figured we couldn’t be picky anyways.

If you don’t feel it’s worth the effort, then moving is probably the best choice. As suggested above, you might want to join a guild or just get more friends though. Getting like minded individuals to work with you at least lets you form a core of reliable people.

Finally, what time of day do you play? Because I’ve seen them have decent running groups.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Scamp.5296

Scamp.5296

Mag would get so overrun by BG and TC. I hear what you are saying, though.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

-snip-

I appreciate the response but I want to state that I am fully aware of most of the problems both on my end and on the servers.

I don’t know how to justify how I feel other than that I’ve been a part of enough communities to see that the overall quality here is lower.

I’ll be leaving as soon as I’m able but unfortunately I can’t right now. I’ve just been trying to stay in EOTM since zergs there tend to stay together better during fights than zergs in EBG/the BL’s (which is saying a lot). Not to mention there are actually a good deal of fights where as any time I’m with SoS all we seem to do is get wiped.

If people disagree with me that’s totally fine. It’s mostly a matter of opinion how I feel I just wanted to vent because I felt it might bring up some interesting discussion and I didn’t have any where else I could release my frustration.

I appreciate the civil and constructive feedback as always though, Archon. I can be a jerk but I know to respect a good guy when I see ’m (:

Also, I play at all hours. Night, day, early morning. I don’t have a specific schedule.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I know I’ve said it a lot, but you and a lot of people around these parts do deserve a lot more. Hopefully, you’ll find some like minded folk— as you know sometimes it clicks and other times it doesn’t. Not really anyone’s fault.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

If SoS wasn’t so PPT try hard Mag would have moved up weeks ago to replace FA. That’s what happens when your ocx crew drains a bunch of glicko points. Mag doesn’t have that many PPT guilds, the majority of their players are more interested in fighting and having fun rather than avoiding your players to PvD.

Just look at the scores right now, SoS night crew is going hard in a match they can’t win and Mag is losing 8 glicko points because of it. You are killing yourselves.

OCX players play how they want. You can’t control them as an NA player just because of your own interest.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

We on maguuma would love that type of match up m8. Don’t care about ppt just want the non stop action.

Native Maguuman

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

OCX players play how they want. You can’t control them as an NA player just because of your own interest.

Has nothing to do with my interests bud, SoS is the server that’s going to die because of their anti fight/PvD obsession.

LGN

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: SlowFiveOhh.2359

SlowFiveOhh.2359

Yup, I was on SoS as well and glad that I moved off. The bad thing is their leadership or ‘council’ has their heads so far up their kittens, they think they’re a lot better than they are.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I’ve been on I think about 10 servers now and SoS is hands down, no contest, the worst I’ve been on. There are more organized groups in EOTM than what SoS can pull and they’re so bad individually it’s painful. I mean you should never depend on someone to help you when you’re roaming but just for context, I don’t think I’ve ever been at a greater advantage while someone else was with me since I’ve been on this server. Any time someone(s) else is around they may as well not even be there they die so fast. I may not be the greatest player myself but good god… I have absolutely 0 faith in getting help or being in a successful zerg. The only time they win is if they outnumber 3 – 1 and even then, there are lots of times they’re pushed back. This has been the most miserable few weeks in WvW out of my entire time in Gw2. I want out, but I don’t have the gems quite yet so I’m boned for now.

Ugh, that felt great to get off my chest. Mods delete when you’re ready. Will love to see responses until then.

SOS right now seems to have hit a very low point. The servers strength were its pugs and community, which collapsed once the GVG guilds made them leave while at the same time the alliance jumped to YB and rolled over everything.

We used to literally form up and just go freagin blob busting in 20ish groups on the fly. Those days are long long gone it seems.

From what I noticed also, while very unfortunate for SOS the new players that have joined WVW (which is a great thing) are of extremely sub par quality. We can have a 40+ group but only about 7 of us on TS for starters, and just forget about builds or asking people to push, or hold, etc. The new guys just don’t seem to want to bother, at all. They seem to be all text chat only PVE zerkers.

In addition all our good pugmanders have gone. Rhys is gone, Coron Bale left for another game, and the ones that are left only bother to fill their ranks a bit then leave as well or run exclusively private raids. So the server is barren.

It is very unfortunate but even I am looking at transfers, just don’t know where to because of how unstable things are at the moment, need to wait until another patch or two and the link rotation.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: claytonmorby.3751

claytonmorby.3751

Has nothing to do with my interests bud, SoS is the server that’s going to die because of their anti fight/PvD obsession.

Strange, Mag’s K-trains seem to avoid fights as well when they start getting wiped. And last time I checked Mag has been losing guilds. They would get crushed in t1/t2.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Its not an obsession, believe me, the commanders that are left would love nothing more, but can’t.

It is an unfortunate necessity, caused by circumstances which I outlined a post or 2 above. Maybe with time the new guys will grow and evolve to something decent, but who knows.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Please try not to get angry at “puck’s” vitriol, he/she is entitled to an opinion and the manner they express it in while often offensive twaddle, is just “them”.

SoS has faded from the driven to T1 team it once was, regardless of several migrations it still is or at least once was the official ocx server.

People will play how they play. My advice to the op, Move to a server that suits you and enjoy the game. See you on the battlefields if/when you vs me next.

Good luck all.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Unfortunately we lost key people when the server transfers were opened up a couple weeks ago. One of our better drivers lost most of the core fighting group that he depended on to bust zergs, which is all we seem to see from Mag or SBI anymore while we are left with an odd assortment of roamers. Yes we might have one blob running EBG but we are usually outnumbered on BLs during NA prime and forced to roam and back cap rather than fight because enemy blobs outnumber us.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

And yes…siege is a symptom of being outnumbered.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

You ain’t seen bad play and siege humping till you’ve played vs YB

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

While YB is imploding big time. IMHO, it needed that. I have been on YB for a very long time, no plans of moving. We just had some very toxic commanders im glad to see gone.

Be interesting to see what happens to us over the next few months. Things change, and servers implode, and rebuild.

Maybe YB will be fun once again, there for some time, it was just a unfriendly place to be, and found myself hating to even run with the zerg. Hope we someday rebuild, and it becomes more friendly and more fun. Until then, I will just play something else. Transferring it pointless. With the linking system, who knows what is around the corner.

Think we lost a pretty big guild, and if thats the case, IMHO, its a good start to rebuilding the server that I hope one day becomes fun to play on once again.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

SoS is bad but so is pretty much every server except the 2 that everyone stacked up on.

The pugs are just horribad on all servers nowadays. Easily 10 – 20 people die in the first second of an ecounter it’s just laughable. Fights never last much more that 10 seconds anymore, no one bothers to run to swords cuz chances are it’s over already.

There was always karma zerglings following the tags just collecting loot, but now that the PvP’ers are gone it’s just a shame out there.

Great thread title btw I LoL’d

JQ subsidiary

(edited by displayname.8315)

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I appreciate the civil responses despite my negative attitude, everyone.

Just as someone who has done almost exclusively WvW in this game, it means a lot to me. So with how things have been the past few weeks, I’ve just been getting more and more frustrated.

As I’d said in the OP and @ others suggesting it, I will be moving. I just can’t until I can afford it which may be another week yet.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

While YB is imploding big time. IMHO, it needed that. I have been on YB for a very long time, no plans of moving. We just had some very toxic commanders im glad to see gone.

Be interesting to see what happens to us over the next few months. Things change, and servers implode, and rebuild.

Maybe YB will be fun once again, there for some time, it was just a unfriendly place to be, and found myself hating to even run with the zerg. Hope we someday rebuild, and it becomes more friendly and more fun. Until then, I will just play something else. Transferring it pointless. With the linking system, who knows what is around the corner.

Think we lost a pretty big guild, and if thats the case, IMHO, its a good start to rebuilding the server that I hope one day becomes fun to play on once again.

It’s almost everyday I see things posted about YB that are completely false, but those are always coming from someone on another server. This is completely false, and is coming from a Bender.

Up until the server linking occurred we were winning week after week. The server linking happened, and BG got a huge influx of hibergaters queuing maps, and we lost the “alliance” to TC.

There is no “implosion”. We lost the alliance to TC, which I kinda think most people figured would happen sooner rather than later. We are outnumbered by BG, and often by TC, but being outnumbered doesn’t signal implosion. Losing a guild or two here and there doesn’t signal implosion. Now if we were dropping tiers and shedding guilds week after week, then yeah that would be an implosion, but that isn’t happening.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

If SoS wasn’t so PPT try hard Mag would have moved up weeks ago to replace FA. That’s what happens when your ocx crew drains a bunch of glicko points. Mag has a crapton of coverage/ PPT guilds for EU/NA, the majority of their players are more interested in fighting and having fun rather than avoiding your players to PvD.

fixed it for you.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

We on maguuma would love that type of match up m8. Don’t care about ppt just want the non stop action.

you do realize “fights” are map que vs map que where skills don’t even go off at times right?

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: jul.7602

jul.7602

There are more organized groups in EOTM than what SoS can pull and they’re so bad individually it’s painful.

kitten lol.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

I’m actually a big fan of SoS when they aren’t 2v1 or aj. You guys have heart and you fight. That is all anyone can ask from an enemy in this game. It is unfortunate that you are placed against Mag because Mag is to fluffy for T3 but not yet really ready for T2 so the servers we get paired with get hammered. It’s nothing against your skill or competence, Mag just simply has more numbers during the time zones that matter. Not taking anything away from you or SBI, both of you have shown up and given us Hell:)

As for your particular situation I will give you the same advice I give people wanting to transfer to Mag. Just wait until the new linkings happen and the dust settles. No point in wasting gold/gems/$ in an unknown.

CCCP….

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

News flash: you’re all on equally bad servers.

It’s cliché insult threads like this that make me scoff, cringe, and go back to my other games.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: BOA smid.1783

BOA smid.1783

Yup, I was on SoS as well and glad that I moved off. The bad thing is their leadership or ‘council’ has their heads so far up their kittens, they think they’re a lot better than they are.

Which council may I ask are you talking about? Since it’s just gone through a reelection and possibly a second one since you’ve transferred off. Do you mean the 5 people that just stepped up to try a few weeks ago? Or perhaps the council before that which was plagued by a number of issues both RL and in game. Or perhaps the one before that which was mainly one guy telling everyone everything was ok when everyone was aware that it wasn’t?

I can assure you the “council” that you take such great joys in badmouthing is very much aware of the state of the server, is handcuffed in ways because of our constant locked status which is very much doing us no favors as well as many of the issues mentioned above. You can’t MAKE people play the game the way you deem it should be played. You can ask, beg, plead, hint, hint strongly, prod, etc, but you cannot FORCE people to run builds they should, stick on tag, use TS, etc. There’s no way to punish those players and the only repercussions aren’t something they care about really, or they would’ve already changed. The veterans on SoS that know what the game could be are trying, but until people start meeting us halfway on some of this stuff, there’s not a whole heck of a lot we can do except keep trying. Yeah, things aren’t great at the moment. I won’t say they are. But the state of the game as a whole isn’t great and not all of the changes that people love so much have worked out the same for all servers. Many of the same population problems and trends exist now, just a smaller tier pool for it to effect.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Meh. Constantly outnumbered. Constantly defending 10v50 or worse. Fairweathers taking the week off. People running around apparently naked, getting 1 shot.

We can whine and cry or deal and try to make things better. I’m fine running into an outnumbered fight with a lot of names I’ve learned to recognize on SoS and definately GoM as well. And if I’m defending a keep in a 10v50+ I throw as many ACs as I can get operators for. Throw a couple shield gens you lazy blobs.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Meh. Constantly outnumbered. Constantly defending 10v50 or worse. Fairweathers taking the week off. People running around apparently naked, getting 1 shot.

We can whine and cry or deal and try to make things better. I’m fine running into an outnumbered fight with a lot of names I’ve learned to recognize on SoS and definately GoM as well. And if I’m defending a keep in a 10v50+ I throw as many ACs as I can get operators for. Throw a couple shield gens you lazy blobs.

Nice take on SMC last night!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i’m impressed that GoM doesn’t have more of a presence. from my days there we had a lot of dedicated wvw guilds. problem being, when you ask the larger pve guilds for help, they often tend to not care. It’s mostly a pve server, i guess.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Reh.5986

i’m impressed that GoM doesn’t have more of a presence. from my days there we had a lot of dedicated wvw guilds. problem being, when you ask the larger pve guilds for help, they often tend to not care. It’s mostly a pve server, i guess.

I see a lot of bliss, art, tm and a few others running around. We did lose a few guilds before the link though and we’re mostly NA. We don’t have the numbers to deal with mag/sbi while waiting for the SoS OCX heavy crew to wake up.

A lot of times its tagless chaos and roamers…which can be fun if you can find the right fights or harass the two blobs constantly rolling through our corner. Catch is our corner is pretty much free for the taking and back capping it just to have a place to live is a pain. If we put up too much resistance without having numbers to actually fight back it will just get our BL ktrained. Pretty easy to get frustrated.

You really take what you can get as far as fights. Roamer? Run towards the orange swords!

OCX crew ktrains for 6 hours because the rest of the server is getting ktrained the other 18. I wish we could flip the time zones somehow to match up with NA. I think the matchup might actually be pretty fun with all 3 servers running heavy at the same time.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

I see a lot of bliss, art, tm and a few others running around. We did lose a few guilds before the link though and we’re mostly NA. We don’t have the numbers to deal with mag/sbi while waiting for the SoS OCX heavy crew to wake up.

Shortly before the pairing, I also recall Grim Chizzard/Charizard frequently leading a number of the pugs around the maps during NA on GoM. After the pairing, I still see some of the [Grim] running around, but haven’t seen Grim himself. Several other commanders that we had prior to the pairing seemed to have stepped out of the picture as well…not sure if they are still in game and laying low, or doing something else entirely.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

Ah, nuts…doing a Google search I just found where [Grim] transferred to Ebay around February…guess I missed the memo on that! It looks like they are doing well in T4, at least. If they had stuck around, we could be pounding Mag & SBI in NA prime instead of trying to merely stay alive until OCX woke up.

(edited by Sylvyn.4750)

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Reh.5986

Ah, nuts…doing a Google search I just found where [Grim] transferred to Ebay around February…guess I missed the memo on that! It looks like they are doing well in T4, at least. If they had stuck around, we could be pounding Mag & SBI in NA prime instead of trying to merely stay alive until OCX woke up.

Yep. Haven’t seen much of lord either and I think a couple more transferred out. Would have made a huge difference. We’d be able to give good fights during the day.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

most GoM guild either transferred out or don’t WvW anymore due to either not liking the server linking(losing server identity/dislike of blobbing), stale matchups, and with the recent poll announcing DBL coming back i don’t think many people will be coming back.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

You say this, but on EBG last night mag was camping the SoS hill the entire night and firing trebs/cows at anything that moved off the hill. If you want a fight, railroading people so they don’t want to play is not going to work in your favor.

That said, there was some pretty epic battles between SoS and maguuma last night over bay on SoS BL. Those were enjoyable, I would participate in them again.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

You say this, but on EBG last night mag was camping the SoS hill the entire night and firing trebs/cows at anything that moved off the hill. If you want a fight, railroading people so they don’t want to play is not going to work in your favor.

That said, there was some pretty epic battles between SoS and maguuma last night over bay on SoS BL. Those were enjoyable, I would participate in them again.

Yes, Was good scrapping over Bay! until everyone went to sleep.. yea, Mag goes to bed too early to move up yet. Fights are great but no where near enough players or coverage on Mag yet to even think about it until that changes. No OCX doesn’t get you far. Will have to have crew to hold everything overnight to do that. Hopefully Mag can get paired with an OCX server and then would be beast! XD

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Hesacon.8735

What if all of mag moved to SoS?

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

You could say the opposite but Mag is full.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Hesacon.8735

Exactly. See you guys soon when you transfer to SoS.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

Exactly. See you guys soon when you transfer to SoS.

I’m on DR and the only way I’ll transfer is if Anet makes it free, lol.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.