Siege - suggestions

Siege - suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: babana.7521

babana.7521

Sieges in WvW

In order to counter the super servers. many seasons has passed and players are still flogging to the most WvW populated server. Reason being, their own server have low or non existing population even when servers are merge you can barely get a handfull of players to play with. But some players still love playing in WvW and to help them/me, I have come up with the following for servers with low population when they are face with ZERG server. allow them these:

1) Camouflage
If i was alone scouting, i could Camouflage my sieges and run back and forth from tower to tower.

2) Make it moveable.
This way i can go take a tower alone even when other players are non responsive.e

3) After taking over towers/keep, can take over the sieges.
self explanatory

4) When sieges are destroyed, give the player who drop the siege something back, like crafting materials.
this is actually will benefit everyone who sacrifice their own gold to build siege that most people ignore and despawned after 1 hour.

5) Edit : Pay your Keep Guards to keep your sieges alive.
gold sink, and good for lowly populated servers.

6) Thank You

Off course all these depends on the population active on your WvW map. once your map has gone into ghost stages you can deploy them. Everytime it is repopulated the effect goes away.

to avoid big servers from exploiting this, prior to launching this change, a population meter counting thing must be in place to tally. and see which servers gets to have this special feature.

(edited by babana.7521)

Siege - suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

1) wot?? Ghost siege?

2) no

3) no comment

4) no

5) you’re welcome

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

Siege - suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Krabathor Deus.5432

Krabathor Deus.5432

1) no
2) nooooooooooooooo
3) no
4) nooo
5) no

Siege - suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: babana.7521

babana.7521

Sorry I edited the original post. as I was unable to explained why I wanted it earlier.

Siege - suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I’m having a difficult time picking apart and understanding exactly what OP is talking about but here goes…

1) Wouldn’t work because option in game exists: Show all usable Object Names
2) Doesn’t make sense.. you can go take a tower… with another blueprint in your inventory ready to use?
3) This is interesting, but I imagine it would cause a lot of bugs.. like would it need the game to predict the radius/perimeter around SMC as an example and everything in it at the time of being captured suddenly converts to your side? Idk…
4) Disagree, I like to think.. you made the effort to put this piece of siege down. If it gets destroyed that’s it – it’s destroyed, you should have done everything possible to keep it alive.. mats from everytime ppl wreck siege might make the market unbalanced.
5) Dear lords we already have enough gold sinks in the game… especially when they STOLE traditional guild upgrades away and stuffed them into the expansion and killed off smaller guilds so they either have to join bigger guilds who could afford the upgrades/scribing etc or just be left to rot without their upgrades that they worked so hard for.. No more gold sinks. Nein. Negatory.

Siege - suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Deemo.6094

Deemo.6094

i have a suggestion – remove all sieges from WvW

Persistence overcomes resistance. In the end, all things you work for can be yours, except in gw2.

Siege - suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

+1

At least delete arrow carts.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Siege - suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

+1

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

Siege - suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

+1

Siege - suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Oh then you’ll drool all over the gates and make a mess.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Siege - suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

You can’t have any constructive discussion about siege on this forum. The knuckle draggers won’t stand fot it. Without siege, WvW would be a big mosh-up in a field. Fun for a week tops. These Einsteins would have you beleive that ACs etc ruin what otherwise would be a fantastic game mode where men (well, protozoa on legs) could 1111111 other likeminded Lummoxes, thus getting “gud” in the pursit of “phat loot.” In reality, it is they, and their hairy -backed bretheren, who have done the most to ruin the mode for anybody with 2 or more brain cells. OP, I think your ideas are pretty interesting. They deserve further discussion. They won’t get it.

Siege - suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

You can’t have any constructive discussion about siege on this forum. The knuckle draggers won’t stand fot it. Without siege, WvW would be a big mosh-up in a field. Fun for a week tops. These Einsteins would have you beleive that ACs etc ruin what otherwise would be a fantastic game mode where men (well, protozoa on legs) could 1111111 other likeminded Lummoxes, thus getting “gud” in the pursit of “phat loot.” In reality, it is they, and their hairy -backed bretheren, who have done the most to ruin the mode for anybody with 2 or more brain cells. OP, I think your ideas are pretty interesting. They deserve further discussion. They won’t get it.

So your tone is “constructive discussion”, calling others whatever you wrote?

Balancing has to be first priority, so each server can fight back. Not win, just have a chance to fight, in the field. Not hiding behind a wall, because it’s not fun staring at outmanned players clinging to their AC, and there is no reason to PPT their objective — other than having a fun fight. Siege, as it is now, it’s not fun, unless both sides have a sizeable force, and defenders can and do sally forth and attack.

Believe us or not, GW2 WvW fights are still amazing when two good groups meet each other in the field, despite the skills need balancing around WvW situations still, and the server lag that may kick in if the total player numbers involved are above 60 (and you allow 60 each side in EB, that is ~150 in a 3 way SMC fight)

ArenaNet, you have a gem, a very valuable asset: these WvW fights. These bring us back and make us endure 90% of the rest of the game, just to have one more fight. They are incredible fun. Not the 11111 lag, mindless blob encounters, but groups with good composition, builds, coordination and skilled play — build WvW anew, replace servers with teams based around these groups. Then the rest: competition, extra features.

Win or lose: doesn’t matter, if the fight was fun. It is good having castles and whatnot, but if the fun fight parts are missing, the rest is completely pointless. Try it just once, if you never experienced before: it is worth it. Nothing compares to these moments, in the entire game.

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]

Siege - suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

I play alone most of the time, especially lately, since my rival is Blackgate.

It’s really hard to find someone who want to go out and take a tower with you when your server is being spawned camped, but i know I can take a tower myself, the problem that I face when doing so, is, WvW is built for team play, one person building a catapult requires them to run back and fort at least twice, usually if they try to do it, they will get notice really quickly.

I wanted the changes because the lower populated servers can use some help to sneak around, while we are getting spawned camp ever few hours.

My idea let the players who wants to fight “off point” at spwan go ahead and have their fun and let players who wants to attmept to take a tower some help.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

Siege - suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I just want a trapdoor on the bridge in Hills Keep!