Sigil of bloodlust in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Is anyone running this? Im not sure if it is bugged? Seems random. At first I noticed I wasn’t getting stack increases at all. Other times I would max it. Do only certain kills work? When I am playing PvE it seems to work how I expect it to.

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

If you don’t get loot for a kill, chances are you didn’t really even get credit for the kill. Getting a high enough percent of the damage done on someone before they’re dead isn’t always easy. This is why it appears your sigil isnt stacking, and also why some people get so few badges and loot.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

If you don’t get loot for a kill, chances are you didn’t really even get credit for the kill. Getting a high enough percent of the damage done on someone before they’re dead isn’t always easy. This is why it appears your sigil isnt stacking, and also why some people get so few badges and loot.

Does anyone know what that percentage is? Does the person who inflicts the most damage always get credit for a kill? If 10 people each do 10% of the damage does anyone get credit for the kill?

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Ravien.4823

Ravien.4823

I believe I’ve read you need to do 5% of the damage to get credit for the kill, but in my experience it seems higher than that.

in WvW

Posted by: Ikarushka.9564

Ikarushka.9564

Does it mean that the threshold for the xp, threshold for loot, and threshold for sigils are different?

Cheekadee. Asuran engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Decked.8274

Decked.8274

I believe I’ve read you need to do 5% of the damage to get credit for the kill, but in my experience it seems higher than that.

Yeah, I belive 5% of the damage isnt enough

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Does at least one person always get credit for a kill?

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Interesting side observation … these are factors that are hard coded into the game. They aren’t variable, and SOMEBODY at ANet has to know the answers to them. What do you figure the odds are that anyone will actually bother to tell us?

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

sostronk.8167

It would be hard to believe thats whats causing it though. When I am running with a zerg and run into a zerg, I almost always pop stealth and swirling dagger in the middle of the other zerg, which does around 7k damage per target. Then I stealth out and use P/P and spam 3 skill which does between 8k and 12k damage per target. Then walk away with 0 stacks. I would think thats whats causing it if I was rolling a low damage Necro, but a squishy full damage/crit thief?

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

Do you always run in a group? In the case of groups you have the benefit of the entire group’s damage working towards your claim of the kill. This also means that as a soloist, you aren’t competing against other soloists, you are competing with other full grps for a share. It is sketchy but its something thats been known in PvE (farming) for a long time.

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Im probably rolling solo more often than in a group. It depends on the situation at the map at the time as to what I do. Sometimes I feel I can contribute more solo, other times with a group. Generally I start off solo and slap yaks and pick up a few players getting around to pick up supply. But the servers I play against tend to react to that by sending a small group after me. Then I also like to follow the enemy zerg and pick off stragglers at the rear because they are usually the easier ones to kill.

The thing is, one burst is 7-12k damage. Thats alot more than 5% for any class and build. AFAIK the necro can get up to maybe 36k health, which 5% is only 1800 damage, which is close to what my basic/auto attack is.

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

Generally speaking, if I get XP for a kill, I get a bloodlust stack. I use a hammer for most large fights so my stacking sigil is on my sword, so I normally swap to my sword towards the end before the last 7-8 people get finished off to get some free stacks since I already tagged them. Most of the time, 1 crit or 2 normal un-critted attacks will do enough damage to get the tag. Basically, you only get a stack when your stacking weapon is out and you get the experience for a kill.

If you put on a lot of conditions, tags are usually harder to get over a burst type of build since people get downed sometimes before your conditions really start to wear them down.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Works fine here.

Do you always run in a group? In the case of groups you have the benefit of the entire group’s damage working towards your claim of the kill. This also means that as a soloist, you aren’t competing against other soloists, you are competing with other full grps for a share. It is sketchy but its something thats been known in PvE (farming) for a long time.

What this guy said. Being in a group is extremely important (and also why the entire system is a bit of a joke).

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Make sure you have the weapons with the sigils out when the targets die. Easy way to charge the sigils though is to have a set of weapons with 2 sigils stacked so you get 2 per kill, and corral and kill the easy mobs (like wolves, the pack of minotaurs, etc)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Works fine here.

What this guy said. Being in a group is extremely important (and also why the entire system is a bit of a joke).

Do you mean in an actual “Party”? Man that could explain why I don’t get badges.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

Does other people’s damage output really count towards your kill credit in a party? If so I’ve been missing out all this time…

Tier 1 Casual

in WvW

sostronk.8167

I sandboxed it last night. The issue that was causing the randomness… I only get stacks when the weapon with the sigil is being used. I have double dagger, double pistol. The sigil is on the dagger. If I get a kill with my pistols out, no stack. If I get a kill with my daggers out, I get a stack. So if I get max stacks on dagger, I can then switch to pistol and still have the stacks.

in WvW

Intigo.1653

Does other people’s damage output really count towards your kill credit in a party? If so I’ve been missing out all this time…

Yes. Maybe not 100%, but they count some.

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

Yes. Maybe not 100%, but they count some.

Yes. You can test it yourself simply by looking at the loot differential by running in a party of people who are with you. I am always inviting people into parties as i run around a bl and can’t tell you how many times people have randomly said WOW so much loot tonight. Just make sure to group with other active people near you tagging the same mobs, then try to aoe frequently.

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

I really don’t see the point of these stat stack sigils in wvw.
The stack is removed when you get downed, which probably happens quite often.
A 5% damage sigil would be much more reliable.
Unless you are willing to kill 25 pve mobs everytime to charge up the sigils.
Or am i missing something here ?

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Already have a 5% sigil on my pistol. Im running a full crit/damage build on a thief. It doesn’t take long to get full stacks. Kill a few PvE on the way over to rogues. Flip rogues (kill destroyers instead of ressing dredge). Kill that ele who thought they could 1v1 you. Excort the dredge. Kill a dolyak and the two upgarded guards. Flip the camp with dredge help. Catch up and kill that othe dolyak with his two guards. Full stacks were in effect quite some time ago. Despite having a high risk squishy build, I don’t die alot. The majority of my deaths would be from stealth bombing enemy siege.

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

I sandboxed it last night. The issue that was causing the randomness… I only get stacks when the weapon with the sigil is being used. I have double dagger, double pistol. The sigil is on the dagger. If I get a kill with my pistols out, no stack. If I get a kill with my daggers out, I get a stack. So if I get max stacks on dagger, I can then switch to pistol and still have the stacks.

That is pretty much it. You have to have the weapon with the sigil in use when you get the kill. So if it is on a dagger, you have to be using daggers when you get the kill. Once, you have charge, you keep it till you are downed. What I do, if I have some cheap karma weapon with the bloodlust sigil. I build the charges, then switch to my main weapon. Shortbow for a thief works well, you can tag lots of targets at once. Zerg on zerg, charge in with cluster bomb till initiative is gone, dagger storm to heal and build initiative, cluster bomb again. On a good push, you rack up 12-15 charges. Make sure you follow a decent commander where people know how to stack and charge. If not, find a group of monsters. I can usually kill 4-6 at once. Wolves and coyotes are the easiest, they have low health, esp the one they summon.

in WvW

Posted by: strik.5684

strik.5684

as necromancer and as crappy this game engine works conditions seems to not trigger superior sigil of corruption inside groups that’s why i replace well of darkness to well of suffering , that way i get credit and stack on kill.
The best way to notice that its against buffed masters on camps , im top on dmg and still i get no stack (sometimes), cause all my dmg on him its bleed or poison, what a crappy bugg, another thing its the combat log, it sux, i miss combat log from AION a lot where i can notice how i died or killed stuff in fights, (and its an easier way to spot cheaters).

Necropotenze, human necro from Hell guild >>UW

in WvW

Intigo.1653

One single zerg bust in WvW (happens all the time) and I’m at 25 stacks for the rest of the evening. And no, if you’re playing properly you don’t get downed that often.

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

One single zerg bust in WvW (happens all the time) and I’m at 25 stacks for the rest of the evening. And no, if you’re playing properly you don’t get downed that often.

Not everyone offcourse has the luxury of being in a big elite guildzerg, for example the people in all the other zergs you so easily farm.
But i guess it has a use if you are part of such a zerg often or play a class with easy escapes.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

using 2 weapons with the +stat adds two stacks at a time, so you only need 13 mobs to get the full 250 to a stat.

yeah, i have a set of ‘buffing’ weapons to kill 13 mobs (if i can be bothered) before leaving the warcamp area.

and no 2 weapons with a different + stat don’t make it possible to have 2 different + 250 stat bonusses. you can only have 1 + stat stack (excluding the temp might stacks, they don’t follow those rules).

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

When you add oil /stones and food with the various type of stacks, having a 10 stack and not even the 25max stack makes a significant difference. WvW is about using any gain, no matter how minor to your advantage save to exploits which i personally frown appoint.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

Is anyone running this? Im not sure if it is bugged? Seems random. At first I noticed I wasn’t getting stack increases at all. Other times I would max it. Do only certain kills work? When I am playing PvE it seems to work how I expect it to.

]
Protip: Charge your sigil before joining the other zombies in the zergball!

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Double check underwater weapons as well. I would get my corruption stacks to 25, and than without being downed would notice I was back to 0-2. Superior sigil on staff. Discovered, at some point I must have put a major sigil of corruption on my spear (which rarely gets used) and since it’s the weapon I use to destroy quaggan nodes, every time I would kill something underwater with the major, it would reset my superior stacks.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]