Sigils and WvW Weapons

Sigils and WvW Weapons

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Can someone clarify that there is now no way to remove/transfer sigils off weapons bought in WvW?

- No transmutation splitters
- Transmutation no longer allows you to transfer sigil onto a new weapon
- WvW Weapons cannot be salvaged

Is this an oversight or intentional?

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Sigils and WvW Weapons

in WvW

Amurond.4590

Would love a dev response. It wouldn’t bother me so much if the sigils I had on various WvW weapons weren’t worth nearly 30g.

Sigils and WvW Weapons

in WvW

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

You can purchase upgrade extractors from the gem store.

Sigils and WvW Weapons

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Funny because you would have to buy the gems with real money for this to even be worth it, unless you’re extracting a Sigil of Generosity. No other sigils are worth more than the ~30g in gems you would have to buy to extract it.

CD

Sigils and WvW Weapons

in WvW

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Time to go get mom’s credit card!

Sigils and WvW Weapons

in WvW

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

But no upgrade in the game is worth the cost of an extractor…

Sigils and WvW Weapons

in WvW

Amurond.4590

Thanks for the responses folks. I forgot about that.

Yay for having to pay for previous functionality!

Of course, as others have pointed out, it’s not really even close to being feasible. Even buying the gems with $$$, you may as well just trade the gems for gold instead and buy new sigils (and have plenty left-over).

Doesn’t make any sense. They need to reduce the price of the upgrade extractor imo, there is literally no reason to buy one except for a sigil of generosity.

(edited by Amurond.4590)

Sigils and WvW Weapons

in WvW

Posted by: Monkman.9508

Monkman.9508

Bump!

I can’t believe this is intentional, more like an oversight since the wardrobe system came in.

Wish a Dev would have a look at this.

Sigils and WvW Weapons

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

yea i am about to delete my asura warrior for a human warrior and would love to be able to salvage my runes out

Sigils and WvW Weapons

in WvW

Posted by: Grimm.3972

Grimm.3972

I don’t buy WvW armor or weapons anymore because of this. I have bloodlust sigils and melandru/hoelbrak runes sitting on gear in the bank for my various characters, hoping this gets changed at some point in the future.

Sigils and WvW Weapons

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

careful this thread was more than a month old, the overlords are watching

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Sigils and WvW Weapons

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

I too would LOVE to see this change… I have several armor sets sitting in my bank with runes… I hold on to them in hopes that ANet will make the Extractor from Gem Store a cheaper bundle, so the cost of the extractor is “efficient” in a manner of speaking. Right now it would be moronic to buy an extractor because it is cheaper to use the same amount of gems to convert to gold and re-buy most runes/sigils.

Please ANet, give WvW players a break, even if we salvage the armor for NO MATS but 100% Rune/Sigil Return… Players would be happy. As we spend gold and badges to obtain this gear. By allowing players to SALVAGE FOR NO RESOURCES, and a 100% Rune/Sigil Return option, this removes Gold and Badges from the game without providing an extra source of Dark Matter, Ecto’s and Other Materials.

Please consider this…

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Sigils and WvW Weapons

in WvW

Posted by: hotcatz.6834

hotcatz.6834

Rather than a Gem store item, make it available from the badge armor guy for a couple of thousand badges of honour. That kills two birds with one stone, we get our runes and sigils back and it gives us something to spend the badges on…….

Sigils and WvW Weapons

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Rather than a Gem store item, make it available from the badge armor guy for a couple of thousand badges of honour. That kills two birds with one stone, we get our runes and sigils back and it gives us something to spend the badges on…….

It gives something for the Edge of the Mist PvE runners to spend badges on… Edge of the Mist it rains Badges, WvW… you make the equivalent of 1 or 2 supply camps from EoTM, lol.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Sigils and WvW Weapons

in WvW

Posted by: hotcatz.6834

hotcatz.6834

I’ve only used eotm to level up 2 new characters since the trait change, all my other badges have come from ‘proper’ WvW thanks.
I’ m still swimming in the things.