Simple idea to bring more ppl to new BL's

in WvW

Posted by: Atrax.6052

Atrax.6052

I think there should only be 1 BL map (and EB), and the 3rd place/red server gets the “home” starting location. Seems like the biggest problem with the new maps is a lack of players on them – I see a lot of criticisms but I don’t think you can complain too much until we have seen how the maps perform when full, or close to it, for extended periods of time.

I know there are lots of “systemic” issues with WvW that need to be addressed but this seems like something easy to do that could really help out. The only issue I can see with this is queues on T1 during primetime/reset, but from what my friends on JQ say that shouldn’t be a problem.

Thoughts?

in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Let it rain Ecto’s, Crystalline Dust, Leather and Silk and people will come running…..

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

+1 from me, just what I’ve been preaching last year

You can also add map instancing, so if there is a queue, make an extra copy of the map with the queue. Instantly solved the problems with too many people on a server as well.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Keep in mind that the queues for EBG and the blobs for EotM have expanded a lot since HoT’s launch. It’s not simply a lack of players.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

There are so many things ANET could do, its really surprising that literally nothing the player base ever asks for has ever been delivered. They have developed the most phenomenal awesome game and they have the business/social skills of a kitten.

This idea sounds great.. they could also do literally any of the following ideas too:

1) Make ppt worth more in new bls for a time being
2) Make PPK a thing for new bls
3) Make rewards better in new bls
4) Create a participation type event that makes sense and doesn’t reward farming. (can use kill streaks combined with event completion versus movement across the map (DR) etc)
5) Give fighting guilds a purpose to be in WvW for more than cheap bags (PPK, specific boosts for winning fights, etc)6
6) Give participation points for havoc squads. If you try to take something with a small group, that gives more rewards than blobbing to victory.
7) Give great DR for blob caps
8) Limit rewards for when your server is significantly outnumbering the other ones
9) Merge bottom servers
10) Make ppt slightly more dynamic so that comebacks are possible but are hard
11) Reward and help bolster WvW communities.
12) Help encourage more tags by balancing the pop more
13) Change upgrade system to be a combination of auto upgrade and player run.
14) Fire the WvW development team
15) Understand that game modes are not distinct games. Even if WvW players play PvE, understand they wouldn’t be playing PvE if it wasn’t for wvw making them want to even play the game at all.
16) Realize how insulting it was to have to get to guild hall level 23 in order to not be knocked out of your own guild hall when trying to GvG.
17) Actually have a system worked out for guild match making as HoT dropped. As it is, it would be equivalent to not having gliders ready for the new maps.
18) Give distinct rewards in WvW that encourage certain play styles that keep people playing. For instance, havoc or zerg busting skins and make ppl who patrol keeps and sit on acs watch their stats slowly diminish over time until the can be one shotted by any skill.
19) Make it so if a defending server is outnumbering an attacking server and refusing to come out of a objective, make all their game clients crash for 10 minutes.

I could go on but anet just hasn’t shown any interest in trying to work for their customers. The fact that they thought a stealth fountain and an SMC nuke would help WvW’s population shows all of us how little they know about their customers and have seen direct proof now of how ineffective and poorly managed the WvW team has been since ever, but especially now for HoT.

Ev
[SQD]

in WvW

Swift.1930

14) Fire the WvW development team

There’s still a WvW development team? O.o We’ve heard so little and seen so much PvE added to WvW that I feel like they already fired the WvW team… xP

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: kroter.1326

kroter.1326

I have even simpler idea – cut out every wvw-specific reward out of EOTM. Because it’s stealing players in huge numbers.

(edited by kroter.1326)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Let it rain Ecto’s, Crystalline Dust, Leather and Silk and people will come running…..

Don’t forget Coarse Sand, Flax, Ley Line Sparks, and Silverwaste Shovels.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Swift.1930

I have even simpler idea – cut out every wvw-specific reward out of EOTM. Because it’s stealing players in huge numbers.

Thing is, EotM is still WvW. And cutting out their rewards won’t bring those people back to borderlands – it will just antagonize them. It’s not like they left in search of WvW-specific rewards.

Seriously… how is “hey, he’s enjoying that – quick, take away his loot” a good fix to anything? People are lured by rewards, not confiscation.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Thing is, EotM is still WvW. And cutting out their rewards won’t bring those people back to borderlands – it will just antagonize them. It’s not like they left in search of WvW-specific rewards.

EotM is not WvW, its just big mindless karma train. Unless your server is also big mindless karma train, in which case you should probably consider transfer.

People in EotM are farming WvW-only mats for collections/legendaries/whateverthenextcoolitemis. If they can not do it in EotM anymore, they would have to do it in real WvW. Since none of the matchups has any queues these days, there is also no reason for EotM to exist. The whole EotM access should be disabled until all 4 maps (3 BL and EB) has queues.

(edited by FogLeg.9354)

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Copy paste the reward system from PvP (Pathes) on WvW Maps only, not ETOM and you got them all back

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Nah, anybody who actually prefers to play whatever is it that goes in EotM should stay there.

Whispers with meat.