Simple ideas for the devs to improve wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

I’m going to go with what I think are non controversial ideas, ones that nearly everyone would accept.

1). Guild commander tags. -Non public commander tags. Right now a lot of guilds want to run guild only in world vs world, and therefore don’t want to have a commander tag up, this can be a tad tricky if you have more than than 10 people online. It would be helpful to have a non blue tag -gold maybe- that indicates a guild commander that only fellow guildies can see the tag for.

2). It would be really nice if wvwvw changed your spec , like heart of the mists does, I know heart is its own mini zone, but many individuals and classes have to CONSANTLY respect to switch between game modes, this hurts the wvw population.

3) Personal locker, have a set of gear waiting for you in a locker that u can just click and it all equips, so that it a) helps people who changes spec speed up gear change and b) its something you can put on the gem store, u can bet nearly EVERYONE who world vs worlds would buy this. And it provides no particular advantage except a character screen worth of slots that quick quick onto a player, much less actual space than buying an actual bank tab. But available in all borderlands and eternal background waypoint area.

4). I know you’ve said you will be doing this, but merging wvw ranks so alt players aren’t punished so hard, and allowing each different character to spend his own points accordingly. My warrior may want ram mastery, but my thief will not.

What does the community think of these ideas? I tried to post ones that are as universal as I could think, and would bother nearly nobody.

in WvW

Posted by: ualgh.1832

ualgh.1832

these are all ideas that have been brought up countless times. The commander tag issue alone has been brought up just about everyday, and the commander system as a whole has its own CDI.

ArenaNet will continue to ignore these requests until they face significant reason to implement them, such as the impending release of The Elder Scrolls Online.

follow me on IG @yung_anime

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Simple ideas? Maybe some basic PvP stuff like match-up statistics (players like to know how well they did in match-up) and rewards for top players. There could be different categories like most kills in match-up, most small scale kills, most kills/hour, most dolyak kills and so on. Main thing is that if you kick kitten in www you should get something to show off.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

these are all ideas that have been brought up countless times. The commander tag issue alone has been brought up just about everyday, and the commander system as a whole has its own CDI.

ArenaNet will continue to ignore these requests until they face significant reason to implement them, such as the impending release of The Elder Scrolls Online.

TESO doesn’t even have commander tags, saw more pug coordination this weekend than ever did here.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Yet ANOTHER call for guild/private squads.

Make this a priority Anet! You got the feedback from the commander collaborative thread… let’s see this pushed to the top of the stack of “things to do”.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Well ESO was released. Still no changes to grouping or organization and nothing in the near or far future. Even if they do make some changes players asked for it’s probably too late. After almost 2 years the time to retain guilds and players is over, many have moved on.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry