Since pairings: Which bl biggest loser?

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

What borderland has been the biggest loser since the Beta first started and pairings got introduced?

For NA I would say Darkhaven, on the basis they have been given the losing team every week in the lowest tier (tier 4). They’ve been third place every single friggin week (except once in the first pairing period i believe), and this third set (although they were 2nd for a while) it looks like its gonna stay exactly the same way for the next few months.

Honestly I’m curious why they gave FC to Yaks bend and not to NSP+DH+?. YB still dominating T4 easily in numbers and coverage on every map. NSP would be first place if they did this, YB second, and Hod+ebay+? 3rd, but at least DH wouldn’t be in the pits again.

RIP DH, feel free to move to Ehmry bay, ours was definitely the most natural pairing to date imo (ur players are exactly like ours) although we were losers together haha (through no fault of our own).

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

I think it will change if YB and CD swapped tiers. I believe YB is a stronger server overall than CD, but I guess we can only wait until that match up actually takes place. At least it would be nice to see the comparison.

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Weren’t people just complaining about CD being too strong of a server for T4 though? Swapping CD and YB would just put us right back in T4, and honestly that wasn’t much fun to go on WvW and see that we owned nearly everything.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

CD had 3 other servers linked to them when they were called too strong and they barely could compete with SBI+HoD and SoS+NSP links depite having 4 servers.

CD of this link isn’t the same CD as the last link.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

I think Anet has a personal grudge against Emhry Bay and Dark Haven. We’ve been dead last for as long as I can remember. We just don’t have the population to deal with all the blobbing.

I can’t FOR THE LI FE OF ME understand how Anet put quad servers and tri servers against Darkhaven and Emhry Bay other than they must hate us both.

EB and DH are no longer linked together.

But the linkings continue and the gem sales for transfers must be steady as ever. Our guild would have 2-hr WvW raids 4 nights a week and it’s dropped to about one night, if even that anymore due to loss of member participation. The endless blobs are just pointless and I don’t even go anymore other than for dailies.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

As other (Johje) keep saying, stop thinking about the number of linked servers, what matters is the active population.

Atm EBay is in a tri-link.
Atm DH is in a tri-link.
against YB in a duo link.

So by that definition, you’re outnumbering YB. And see how little that matters ?

They could probably link the ENTIRE old Bronze league into one server, and it still wouldn’t dent BlackGate.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Anyone gonna respond to the actual OP? rofl…..

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

CD had 3 other servers linked to them when they were called too strong and they barely could compete with SBI+HoD and SoS+NSP links depite having 4 servers.

CD of this link isn’t the same CD as the last link.

The current CD linking actually seems stronger than the last one. Either that or the SBI and SoS linkings are weaker. CDSFAR was tearing it up yesterday, kicking both SoSIoJ and SBIGoM butt’s in early prime time. And they are (were as of last night) beating SoS in total score. I personally think they’re stronger, it feels like they have quite a bit more people playing. Could be because its the first week of linkings now and I didn’t face them until the end of linkings last time but still they’ve got a lot of people atm.

As far as the op goes, DH definitely is getting the biggest raw deal. I mean as soon as I saw NsPDHDR linking I was like, yeah, they’re going to get crushed every week. I don’t understand how Anet couldn’t see that too. Surely anyone who pays the slightest bit of attention to WvW would know that.

They could’ve thrown a 4th server in with them, but people freaked out so much last time 4 servers were linked Anet was probably afraid to do that.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Anyone gonna respond to the actual OP? rofl…..

Nah… No point beating that dead horse. DH died and nothing Arena Net do at this point will bring it back to life.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

maybe darkheaven have bad people in it and doesn’t cooperate well in wvw thats why they lose every match?
maybe…. just maybe…….

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

maybe darkheaven have bad people in it and doesn’t cooperate well in wvw thats why they lose every match?
maybe…. just maybe…….

Read twice, the irony.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

As someone on SoS, I’m concerned that IoJ was a backdoor into T1 last linking and many of those on IoJ will move to another linked server for the same reasons.

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

What borderland has been the biggest loser since the Beta first started and pairings got introduced?

For NA I would say Darkhaven, on the basis they have been given the losing team every week in the lowest tier (tier 4). They’ve been third place every single friggin week (except once in the first pairing period i believe), and this third set (although they were 2nd for a while) it looks like its gonna stay exactly the same way for the next few months.

Honestly I’m curious why they gave FC to Yaks bend and not to NSP+DH+?. YB still dominating T4 easily in numbers and coverage on every map. NSP would be first place if they did this, YB second, and Hod+ebay+? 3rd, but at least DH wouldn’t be in the pits again.

RIP DH, feel free to move to Ehmry bay, ours was definitely the most natural pairing to date imo (ur players are exactly like ours) although we were losers together haha (through no fault of our own).

The strange thing is, until this linking, SOS+NSP were beating YB every week. Now this matchup is so bad, YB+whomever the heck they have are walking over the other two linkups.

So much for balance.

in WvW

Posted by: kandle.2367

kandle.2367

Meh Had a wall of text but deleted it. WVW is what it is at this point. Me writing a dissertation isn’t going to impact events. So, I’m just trying to get any fun out of it that I am able which hasn’t been easy in T4 this week. :P
Shout out to DH & DR (NSP’s brothers-in arms) for hanging in there with us.

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

The strange thing is, until this linking, SOS+NSP were beating YB every week. Now this matchup is so bad, YB+whomever the heck they have are walking over the other two linkups.

So much for balance.

Because it was SoS carrying NSP and not the other way around.

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

YB isn’t supposed to be in tier4, with the current linkings, they should be able to beat SBI and SOS in tier3 as well.
SBI and SOS are significantly weaker with the loss of HoD and NSP (especially noticable during non-primetime).

I am not sure if DH is the biggest loser of the linkings or if it are the small servers linked to big ones that feel like they have lost their identity and community (IoJ for example). I can’t speak for them though, because I am not on one of them, SBI is one of the biggest winners of the linkings imho.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

YB isn’t supposed to be in tier4, with the current linkings, they should be able to beat SBI and SOS in tier3 as well.
SBI and SOS are significantly weaker with the loss of HoD and NSP (especially noticable during non-primetime).

I am not sure if DH is the biggest loser of the linkings or if it are the small servers linked to big ones that feel like they have lost their identity and community (IoJ for example). I can’t speak for them though, because I am not on one of them, SBI is one of the biggest winners of the linkings imho.

I would have to agree that SBI is one of the biggest winners. We have gotten lucky all three times with great partners. And the linking was able to compete with the other servers around us making it fun. It has rejuvenated WvW for me, I am enjoying the game again.

Problem with the current linkings is the same problem with the last one. There are four T3 strength servers and two T4 strength ones. Whoever drops to T4 for the week is going to rolflstomp the other two.

Looking at MOS perhaps BP and Kain should have been not linked with higher tier servers. And instead one go to HoDEBayET and one go to NSPDHDR.

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

IMHO, while linkings do have there issues. The biggest issue is the casual’s. If Team A is zerging hard, Then the casuals on team B and C will simply Log out, and go do something else, or they see the score is lop sided, they wont even bother to log in to WvW.

I said this in another thread, this week has been strange. My server is to op for our tier. But during the mornings when I play, you would never know it. I have had some amazing fights, been stomped on, failed at taking stuff. These guys are fighting with heart, and some amazing skills, and you would never know the score is so lopsided.

They are going after our t3 stuff, and I tell ya, it took everything we had to stop them, and they came SO close to getting it. Few times I thought for sure they had us. Well done guys. Keep up the fights.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Looking at MOS perhaps BP and Kain should have been not linked with higher tier servers. And instead one go to HoDEBayET and one go to NSPDHDR.

Yes please! Get me out of this kitten! >_<

IMHO, while linkings do have there issues. The biggest issue is the casual’s. If Team A is zerging hard, Then the casuals on team B and C will simply Log out, and go do something else, or they see the score is lop sided, they wont even bother to log in to WvW.

The lovely Fair-Weathers, they do indeed make population an absolutely hopeless task. I consider this kind of mentality to be the biggest single problem for population balance, as long as players think this way, we’re never going to get something resembling fair fights in WvW.

Unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

I would have to agree that SBI is one of the biggest winners. We have gotten lucky all three times with great partners. And the linking was able to compete with the other servers around us making it fun. It has rejuvenated WvW for me, I am enjoying the game again.

Problem with the current linkings is the same problem with the last one. There are four T3 strength servers and two T4 strength ones. Whoever drops to T4 for the week is going to rolflstomp the other two.

I think it’s too early to say there are 4 T3 servers. The matchup just begun… Let us see how CD will fare now that it isn’t the quadserver monstrosity.

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

DH (looking at it from every angle) got the short end of the stick as the biggest loser for NA. Being involved with them in WvW, its def not communication or bad players (seeing they were doing really well before the linkings…you don’t do well if you have bad players).

It appears that DH wasn’t “typically” about blobbing (zerg yes…blobs no) and that’s their downside. Face them as a havoc group and they will typically win outnumbered fights. I have noticed that a couple commanders have eased up in WvW (which doesn’t help DH’s wvw scene…nothing against who they are paired up with as other servers have been extremely helpful).

There has been a few WvW guilds that bandwagoned after the 2nd or 3rd week lost (Looking now, DH’s team is currently in 2nd place as im writing this).

Im confident that DH is going to make a comeback and will be in the non-losing group (as in 3rd place group)

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

We’re going to go ahead and close this thread, as match-up threads are not permitted on the forums.