Since server pop doesn't reflect WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Why is it so? The only reason someone would genuinely want to pay that much for a transfer is 99% of the time for wvw, yet anet decided that the total population, including PVE and Spvp is what matters.

What !? Why !? The whole idea of charging less for people to go to more struggling servers is solely for wvw, that’s all. Anet this will not fix the high pop – low wvw pop situation at all.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in WvW

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

I have played on HoD, ET, GoM, TC and BG. In all of those cases, the population in PvE has matched WvW. In HoD, ET and GoM it is rare to see more than 20 people in Lion’s Arch during primetime and that is also the case in WvW. We couldn’t get 50-60 players for Tequatl during the first week at most times.

In BG and TC there are players everywhere including dozens upon dozens in Lion’s Arch.

I don’t buy the whole WvW population doesn’t match server population. In most cases it does. There are a few exceptions where a smaller server has a dedicated guild that carries the server in WvW. (I believe Yak’s Bend is a good example of this) But those are the exceptions not the rule.

(edited by Xcom.1926)

in WvW

Posted by: KOK.2650

KOK.2650

Just Guest around and look at the rank.
Most of the time, total population match WvW population and their WvW rank.

Kok -lvl 80 warrior Tsukoyu-lvl 80 elementalist
Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

Underworld is a very high server and never drops below that, being on very high for so long basically means we get no wvw transfers at all so depending on when a server became very high would determine wvw rank not the population itself

the highest rank servers used to be mediums until mass transfers happened

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I have played on HoD, ET, GoM, TC and BG. In all of those cases, the population in PvE has matched WvW. In HoD, ET and GoM it is rare to see more than 20 people in Lion’s Arch during primetime and that is also the case in WvW. We couldn’t get 50-60 players for Tequatl during the first week at most times.

In BG and TC there are players everywhere including dozens upon dozens in Lion’s Arch.

I don’t buy the whole WvW population doesn’t match server population. In most cases it does. There are a few exceptions where a smaller server has a dedicated guild that carries the server in WvW. (I believe Yak’s Bend is a good example of this) But those are the exceptions not the rule.

NSP has a low WvW population, but a pretty active PvE population (very large temple zerg every day, for example).

I wonder if it’s an exception, or whether my idea of “large PvE population” is wrong! (Haven’t guested anywhere else.)

in WvW

Posted by: Sobiech.9613

Sobiech.9613

Darkhaven has a very active PvE population as Lion’s Arch is full most of the time. Attempts to get that crowd to the Borderlands are mainly futile.

We suffer the same plight as our dedicated WvW guilds aren’t as large nor as organized as [SE] and [Abys] were. [PD] and [DHE] are trying and doing good things but we, as a server, find ourselves struggling against servers we used to dominate.

Reine Tovar [HoTR] – Mesmer
Aerika [HoTR] – Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Exactly. Again, why does the server population, which is in charge of transfer fees, take into account everything? These servers that have small wvw presence still show very high thus making any kind of transfers to them not happen.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals