Since when can Thieves do this?

in WvW

Posted by: Blaquesugar.5967

Blaquesugar.5967

Found a Thief killing the Keep Lord in SoR’s Bay 2 hrs after reset with all of the doors and walls up and didn’t throw swords until keep Lord was engaged and almost half.

This player account name who I will not mention but have since reported (likely nothing will happen because Anets report system to report hackers sucks) who I blocked and later friended to talk to confront them about this cheating replies to me. “I’ve been in the keep literally for hours.”

I find hard to believe because the inners never came down on Bay, and I was watching and upgrading the Keep and Running Yaks and as soon as the keep got swords I was enroute from garrison. We killed the Thief and at that time the southern door was just started to get attacked by about 10 people but they never breached the doors.

So tell me this how does a Thief bypass the outer and inner in a keep and managed to take down all of the guards as well as the keep lord to under half and not throw up swords until the the Keep lord is almost dead.

And how does someone beat a class that can solo a Keep alone?

in WvW

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stealth
Omg, such exploit.
Everyone can solo a keep. And yep, soloing a keep alone is pretty much the point of soloing.

This thread..

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in WvW

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

I know someone who hid in a keep till it gets waypointed (around 4 hours+) then ported people in to flip it.

People really do this stuff.

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

for one thing, keeps are very much soloable by any class. much less thief, the king of stealth spam. thieves can even solo sm, which not so many classes can do.

secondly, if youre absolutely certain that the inner courtyard was never breached, then there are holes in the map somewhere (i personally havent seen/done anything but i know people who do) or other near bay thatll get you in. if you could possibly be mistaken, then its just as likely youre sweepers missed his initial shadow refuge and subsequent black powder spam in a corner somewhere.

1 minute to solo a keep lord is pushing it tho, my engi takes about 4 minutes in knight and doubling his dps to zerk levels isnt gonna have the lord at 1/2 by the time swords pop. i think your perception of the situation is wrong about that at a minimum.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

Was it a male human condi build with some kind of wide brim hat, likes to spam death blossom? It would not surprise me at all if he stayed in there for that long.

He was very persistant at coming at our up lvls and 110ap players in the back. He killed a lot of them repeatedly ever kittening time I looked away.

I got tired of feeling like a shepard keeping the wolf away and told everyone to wp with out searching bay after we recapped it.

in WvW

Posted by: Blaquesugar.5967

Blaquesugar.5967

It was a Asuran Thief believe was Sorrow Furnace or Kaineng I forget which.

Point of the matter was that this thief exploited his way past the outer and inner gates and walls.
There were no holes in the walls and there were no doors down anywhere. I was running supply to this keep for 2 hrs Friday night building walls doors cannons and mortars and the waypoint was 25% complete. I went back to Citadel to get my TP items I bought and maybe 5 minutes later I am relaying that Bay had swords on it in Team speak. I was first responder as the other people were coming off another map.

Again I say no doors down no walls down nothing down except the Lord Room guards and the Lord to half by a Solo Thief. So if 1 person can exploit their way into a keep and solo it whats the point of upgrading it if one person can pretty much destroy hours of preparation?

This teleport hacking has been around since before Beta & people going under the terrain etc. Its the main reason they removed Orbs from the game in WvW because they could not stop people from hacking and taking them.

They really need counter measures in place to prevent this from happening. Maybe have RI on the Keep Lords and Veterans until the Outer and Inner walls or doors have fallen even if its for a split second and the Keep Lord is vulnerable to attack until an hour passes after the inner Walls/Doors are repaired. Thus giving time for a mesmer to portal people in if the enemy doesn’t sweep properly or a thief time to solo take it in that window.

And for the record I did some research online and found several video’s of Thieves soloing keeps I knew towers but was not aware they could solo keeps too. ( I learned something and this explains why a pair of skilled thieves can take out 5-10 people with ease)

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

It was a Asuran Thief believe was Sorrow Furnace or Kaineng I forget which.

Point of the matter was that this thief exploited his way past the outer and inner gates and walls.
There were no holes in the walls and there were no doors down anywhere. I was running supply to this keep for 2 hrs Friday night building walls doors cannons and mortars and the waypoint was 25% complete. I went back to Citadel to get my TP items I bought and maybe 5 minutes later I am relaying that Bay had swords on it in Team speak. I was first responder as the other people were coming off another map.

Again I say no doors down no walls down nothing down except the Lord Room guards and the Lord to half by a Solo Thief. So if 1 person can exploit their way into a keep and solo it whats the point of upgrading it if one person can pretty much destroy hours of preparation?

This teleport hacking has been around since before Beta & people going under the terrain etc. Its the main reason they removed Orbs from the game in WvW because they could not stop people from hacking and taking them.

They really need counter measures in place to prevent this from happening. Maybe have RI on the Keep Lords and Veterans until the Outer and Inner walls or doors have fallen even if its for a split second and the Keep Lord is vulnerable to attack until an hour passes after the inner Walls/Doors are repaired. Thus giving time for a mesmer to portal people in if the enemy doesn’t sweep properly or a thief time to solo take it in that window.

And for the record I did some research online and found several video’s of Thieves soloing keeps I knew towers but was not aware they could solo keeps too. ( I learned something and this explains why a pair of skilled thieves can take out 5-10 people with ease)

this is exactly what i was afraid of. you take what we say as validation for your own inexperienced opinion without taking a hard look at whats going on. were the gates busted at all that evening? you immediately assume haxploits when you havent even answered this question. people are perfectly willing to wait hours for an opportunity, he probably saw you wp out and (correctly) guessed that it would be worth risking revealing his presence cuz no one would be around until, at a minimum, the x appeared. how long did you spend getting your stuff from the tp? at least that solves the problem of ridiculous dps, since you were the first responder and you called it as soon as you saw an x while you werent in the keep. he prolly had about 2 minutes before you found him out, not the 30 seconds you claim.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

basically the thief abused (most likely) the super jump/no clip exploit, it’s unsupported by anet and is therefore bannable. Anet wants to see some visable evidence of this (made by a another program or they actually need to witness it theirselves. Because you didn’t see him glitching inside it’s unpossible to ban him.
Killing a tower/keep lord is actually pretty easy to do. The most important thing is to counter his heal by bringing in poison.

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

in WvW

Posted by: Toxicity.5392

Toxicity.5392

Anet don’t even ban when there’s proof, they saw dgins using unf trainer 300% speed hack on youtube 7 months ago and he’s still here. I’ve seen him using zoom hack and when leading zergs in eotm 45% speed hack on a necro out running the zerg with locust signet on him but no other speed buffs (25%) including people wearing trav (25%).

They’ve had screenshots of people directly admitting and how they hack, and they still don’t ban…

I farm more than a chinese gold seller.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I’ve solod keeps on my warrior, guardian and Necro.. I am sure I could on a thief too.. Main advantage the thief has is he was probably hiding in there after it was capped by himself with stealth lol..

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Hello, I am Oscuro of Kaineng, the very thief you are mentioning. I did not hack/exploit into your bay. I have never used hacks/exploits in this game or any game. Your inner was never breached…technically. I had a small group of people breach outer, and ram inner until it was down. I went in while the others were killing guards. At that very time, the keep upgraded, and the door returned to full health. I was in, they were out. Two or three people showed up, so I hid inside using stealth and the rest left. It appeared as if you guys had maintained the integrity of the inner bastion, but it was open for literally 5 seconds. I don’t even think we started on the gate again, the others just left. I hid for about an hour and a half, until I felt it was a good time to solo. I tried to have my friends attack south gate to divert your attention while I was soloing. They only started too late. I do not want to be known as a hacker, because I am not one. I think I am a good thief, having played my Condi thief since beta, getting very adapted to it. I hope this clears up any misconceptions you have about me, or my guild, or my server. Believe me, neither me nor any of my guild uses hacks/exploits. I experienced the same thing when I did a 2v17 with another Condi thief who is no longer on my server. People always try to blame hacks or exploits when they cannot explain something or are not skilled enough to kill someone. Believe me, it was not 30 seconds. You need to remember there is a delay between attacking and swords popping. Additionally, if you were taking stuff from the tp, it is very possible that I had additional time because you didn’t see the swords for an additional 20 seconds. I was attacking for about 2 minutes to 2 and a half minutes.
I completely understand your concern, but want to assure you i did NOT exploit or hack in. Any rebutle you have i will gladly answer in a private message or in game mail/ whisper.
Best Wishes, Oscuro of Kaineng
P.S. If you or anyone on your server wishes to duel a thief, or necro, or engi, please whisper me because I love fighting/dueling and will almost say yes ????

in WvW

Posted by: CajunSinjin.3410

CajunSinjin.3410

Oscuro,

Thank you for posting this. It is very refreshing to see that there was a logical explanation for this event. I agree that too many people assume that is some type of hacking or exploit going on when they can’t explain something. It kind of reminds me of when someone sees lights in the sky and thinks it’s aliens. Yes, it is a UFO (unidentified flying object) but that doesn’t make it alien. Same thing here. It is UGE (unexplained game event). That doesn’t make it cheating, just something that we don’t understand. I know there is some hacking/cheating but I would hold off jumping to that conclusion just because something happened that you can’t explain.

We should be careful naming people and possible damaging their reputation in the game with accusations.

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Reasonable explanation for what happened.

I still don’t really understand why the walls and gates have to auto repair to 100% after upgrade is done, it’s just … weird. (Technically I can understand that it’s easier to just set the new HP of the walls and gates without considering the percentual HP it had at the moment).

Anyways yea, a lot of people jump into the hack conclusion way too easily. On this case the setting was kinda perfect for the hack conclusion though.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well players can probably still fly inside keep if they want. They haven’t fixed speed hacks so flying probably still works.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Stylo.6259

Stylo.6259

Full tutorial on Thief soloing with build linked. To answer your question as to since when thieves can do this, since launch.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

this is why scouters/roamers are important to wvw …. they are the “eyes” of the map !

I know some folk that love to roleplay the job of a scout. They are superbly useful

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister