Since you're adding gliding to WvW...

in WvW

Posted by: dragonkain.3984

dragonkain.3984

Does it mean you’ll finally get rid of those utterly useless “reduced fall damage” traits and replace them with something actually useful?

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

I was actually discussing this with a guild mate. I see them turning pretty useful with this most of the fall damage traits do cause some type of damage. Can you imagine an entire zerg dropping from the sky using the fall damage traits on the other zerg? The gliding may make them have a purpose.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

They are still useful, a while back like 1+ years ago, I remember a commander on my side asked everyone to put on fall damage trait when we were defending hills, then we all jumped on the enemy group that was clumped near their catas at cata wall. Quite a few of them got thrown off the cliff and many of those remaining we’re either low health or downed.

in WvW

Posted by: dragonkain.3984

dragonkain.3984

They are still useful, a while back like 1+ years ago, I remember a commander on my side asked everyone to put on fall damage trait when we were defending hills, then we all jumped on the enemy group that was clumped near their catas at cata wall. Quite a few of them got thrown off the cliff and many of those remaining we’re either low health or downed.

So in your 2-3 years playtime of gw2 this trait was useful once, thanks to crazy coordination of a group…
LOL! now go compare it to traits that are useful for you any day and in any situation.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

So in your 2-3 years playtime of gw2 this trait was useful once, thanks to crazy coordination of a group…
LOL! now go compare it to traits that are useful for you any day and in any situation.

So because it’s not useful to you means it’s not useful to anyone else, especially those who chose to use it better?

Personally I think with gliding, most people might end up running fall damage after they die a few times from……… fall damage!

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Watch Snowfall Runes Rise to 10g each.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

Lol – I think you’ll find the traits quite useful when you get kicked from gliding while at height, or cc’d and knocked off a cliff.

Personally, I don’t use them, but I can see why they are included and I have the choice to use them or not so it’s not a problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Sounds like it’s a perfect counter to proxy catas, which seem to be used quite frequently.

You obviously forgot the time when the Mesmer fall damage trait was bugged and they became zerg busters.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The thief trait “Cloaked in Shadow” is an underrated trait. Small drops trigger it allowing for an easy escape or a nice BS setup. The secondary effect of blinding players when they go stealth makes a Steal extra safe.

I get your larger point as on most classes it is a wasted trait. These falling and downed traits should have been WvW and PvE masteries or secondary abilities to augment lessor used traits. Nice perks but not meaty enough to take on most builds.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)