Sincere question about the new BL

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Q:

Why did the devs not wait to drop these maps until they were completely finished with all the other behind the scenes work going on with wvw?

Really, why?

It does not make any sense to put in 1/4 of a planned update AT ALL. Look at all the controversy, infighting, infractions, bad tastes in the mouth… doing this has caused…

This 1/4 “drop and hope” experimentation can be seen across the game. Look at “raids”, or should I say “raid”. There is a small map with three bosses designed specifically for “time gating” until you code more in, not for fun. Legendary armor IS a big deal and THE premier reward, yet we don’t even have a simple preview…

Look at how ascended was pieced in…

Look at how this and that was pieced in…

Look at how all these things get pieced in and end up never being fully finished or just outright changed…

Development and implementation here appears to be very very very disorganized, more so than any other game I have come across. While it’s nice that anet is flexible in ways, it would also be nice to have a “fuller” and more finished product to play with from the get go… All of us are amenable to any big or small changes for the better, but to be given 1/4 of a product to play at times is not good.

So again, why maps right now with the rest in the works?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Really, why?

Guessing because of the rage there would be, if the WvW was promised an new map and didn’t get one on HoT Release.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

I’d love an answer to this as well.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Really, why?

Guessing because of the rage there would be, if the WvW was promised an new map and didn’t get one on HoT Release.

That’s part of the problem with their mentality… Don’t promise things that are part of a larger update just to have something…

HoT was big enough to keep our characters busy, we didn’t need a new map just to have something tossed in or a raid just to say “we have raids”…

It’s best to say “we have stuff and when it’s all ready we will drop it all in” instead of seeding things in like this…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Sagramor.7395

That’s part of the problem with their mentaikty… Don’t promise things that area part of a larger update just to have something…

This.

I’ve said this in a few threads before, but what’s so bad about not releasing content until its in a finished state. I’ve seen open (and closed for that matter) betas in a better place that the current state of GW2.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Ugh I hate seeing my own typos… I hate autocorrect and nocorrect sometimes…

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

There is absolutly no one in the new borderlands. A roamer group of 2 can take the whole godkitten map.
Nice going there anet, yet again you fail to listen en ruin it all.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

That’s part of the problem with their mentaikty… Don’t promise things that area part of a larger update just to have something…

This.

I’ve said this in a few threads before, but what’s so bad about not releasing content until its in a finished state. I’ve seen open (and closed for that matter) betas in a better place that the current state of GW2.

Yup.

If I were in control I would have…

Dropped HoT and elites along with major core profession and combat changes, updates, improvements…

Drop everything in meant for WvW, spvp, tourney stuff… after HoT settles and players are geared up better (not scrambling for ascended) and everyone is familiar with the new profession and combat meta…

Drop in multiple awesome big kitten raids with kick kitten legendary armors… Along with difficulty scaling so everybody can run and have fun at their own challenge level and get rewards matching that difficulty setting…

But no, instead we get bits and pieces of 1/4 finished stuff thrown in just to have them as selling points in “buy HoT now” ads…

Edit- for the most part HoT maps, meta events, some collection and some mastery track stuff is good, elites are kinda neat but they still follow the subpar and neglected core profession and combat designs… Overall I would give this expansion a C grade with all things considered.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s unfortunately consistent with pretty much the entire game. It seems to be an attempt to grab people’s attention but just gives all the signs of a rushjob.

But HoT itself seemed to have a rushed date as well. The lack of polish has been a longstanding issue with the game in practically every aspect.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

It’s unfortunately consistent with pretty much the entire game. It seems to be an attempt to grab people’s attention but just gives all the signs of a rushjob.

But HoT itself seemed to have a rushed date as well. The lack of polish has been a longstanding issue with the game in practically every aspect.

Yeah I knew there were some issues when they popped HoT at the same time as the Halloween event. Why? People actually like the Halloween event, and their attention was split by the expac dropping at the exact same time? Silly choices, weird timing, and very, very poor public relations.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

And the weird part was that Halloween wasn’t even 2 weeks

Release for HoT just didn’t seem very well thought out.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

in WvW

Posted by: ilMasa.2546

ilMasa.2546

Thats what u get by selling “Betaweekends” instead of having proper Betas with players actually testing kitten for more than 3 days.

#fact

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

They really need to talk more (with us) and stop sending in changes piecemeal.

One good example is the specialization system which basically saw a few different revisions and that was really jarring. It was supposedly done in preparation of HoT, but it felt more like experimenting on the population.

The ultimate example is probably Living Story Season 1, where ideas were just being churned out at such a rapid rate and not too much of it is quality.

So here we are in WvW. Supposedly there will be a massive revamp and there’s no doubt that the new borderlands are designed to go with that revamp. But now we’re stuck with this “master of none” in between sort of nonsense for god knows how long. How many products can be sent out piecemeal? Here, have our brand new wheel. Oh the rest will come in later!

If this was a 7 course meal, the dishes are coming in random order and the cook is sometimes taking your plate away to finish it again. How could this possibly lead to a satisfying, no even manageable, experience?

I really don’t know what’s going on. Perhaps the bean counters are demanding so-and-so amount of content must be put out before a certain date, and I’m sure everyone been where they know that they could do a better job but the decision makers often think otherwise. We also live in an era where instant gratification takes precedence over quality. In the end though, the results cannot be any good though.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Sagramor.7395

One good example is the specialization system which basically saw a few different revisions and that was really jarring. It was supposedly done in preparation of HoT, but it felt more like experimenting on the population.

The ultimate example is probably Living Story Season 1, where ideas were just being churned out at such a rapid rate and not too much of it is quality.

So here we are in WvW. Supposedly there will be a massive revamp and there’s no doubt that the new borderlands are designed to go with that revamp. But now we’re stuck with this “master of none” in between sort of nonsense for god knows how long. How many products can be sent out piecemeal? Here, have our brand new wheel. Oh the rest will come in later!

If this was a 7 course meal, the dishes are coming in random order and the cook is sometimes taking your plate away to finish it again. How could this possibly lead to a satisfying, no even manageable, experience?

I really don’t know what’s going on. Perhaps the bean counters are demanding so-and-so amount of content must be put out before a certain date, and I’m sure everyone been where they know that they could do a better job but the decision makers often think otherwise. We also live in an era where instant gratification takes precedence over quality. In the end though, the results cannot be any good though.

Amen

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Define “us.” If anet just creates a forum post requesting input from the players, they’ll get 1000 different opinions. If we really want anet to listen to players, we should find some way to “elect” a couple player representatives from each server. Anet’s despotism is not working so maybe they should consider a republic (sure helps me out in Civilization, hehe).

Osu

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Define “us.” If anet just creates a forum post requesting input from the players, they’ll get 1000 different opinions. If we really want anet to listen to players, we should find some way to “elect” a couple player representatives from each server. Anet’s despotism is not working so maybe they should consider a republic (sure helps me out in Civilization, hehe).

“Us” as referring to the public. I’m not actaully referring to discussion as much as even just bringing stuff out, instead of say announcing things two weeks before it happened (Sup Wxp chests) and pulling the rug from people giving them zero time to prepare.

Lots of people just have a lot of different things to be catered to and the problem about having a discussion sometimes is that a lot of people only come to the discussion when something’s gone wrong. I mean it’s only natural right? If something works fine, you wouldn’t constantly talk about it. “Hey, you know what. I think the salvaging interface works fine. Do absolutely nothing to change it!” constantly.

That being said, it’d probably be good if they would listen to representatives (especially for testing) as you suggested a bit more instead of like handpicking streamers and err… how to say it nicely… people that wouldn’t really mind either way.

In any case, I would also definitely say only posting on Reddit isn’t very good either!

Oh and btw, Civ seems to always have a bias towards Communism xD But kitten , the way Firaxis treats some of their games. Anyone know how Civ V turned out?

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Sagramor.7395

The fact that Anet is posting straight to Reddit instead of their official forums at all is baffling. Reddit is where users should be reposting Red posts from the official forums, not the other way around.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

The fact that Anet is posting straight to Reddit instead of their official forums at all is baffling. Reddit is where users should be reposting Red posts from the official forums, not the other way around.

Then perhaps we should be more active with the gw2 reddit community instead. Healthier and more productive two way discussions are needed so…

in WvW

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

Then perhaps we should be more active with the gw2 reddit community instead. Healthier and more productive two way discussions are needed so…

Many people have tried that as well. There have been many reasonable WvW posts on the Guild Wars 2 subreddit as well, that brought up the same issues as here, with 0 ANet employee replies.