Sitting out the rest of the polls

in WvW

Posted by: Zulika Mi Nam.1092

Zulika Mi Nam.1092

I feel at best my vote will be ignored and at worst it will be misappropriated to an option not even listed on the poll that I had no intentions of it going to.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yes I feel the same although I’m not going to sit them out.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Don’t worry OP, I’ll decide for you!

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Like mmos before gw2, it is slowly bleeding. There’s nothing they can do, horrible decisions were made and neglect led to the current state. Hold all the polls you want.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Like mmos before gw2, it is slowly bleeding. There’s nothing they can do, horrible decisions were made and neglect led to the current state. Hold all the polls you want.

The world is ending? Was there a memo or something and I didn’t get it?

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

The world is ending? Was there a memo or something and I didn’t get it?

It was just announced :P

On topic, I understand why the OP feels the way he/she does, these polls have become an absolute joke, this is now the 2nd time a minority vote has actually won the vote, I cannot take this seriously anymore.

(edited by Vavume.8065)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Your vote counted otherwise the poll could have easily swayed Anet to a 3 month cycle. Two or less months just barely won that poll with 54%. Had a few more voted for 3 or more months it could have been 3 months not 2 based on the results.

If they redid the poll with 1, 2 or 3 months… 3 months would currently win. Keep in mind 62% of players wanted more than one month. Anet actually sided with a majority of voters in the poll.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s Boaty McBoatface all over again. No point in voting in any more of these polls.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Bless you, UK for boaty mcboatface

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Haven’t voted on the last 2 ones. They seem pretty biased and pointless to me.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Haven’t voted on the last 2 ones. They seem pretty biased and pointless to me.

Funny because I actually had some hope in the devs this time around, even transferred to join some guild members before the server locks…

Spent this time in a complete blow out and the devs are telling us “wait longer until we figure it out”… I’m not voting anymore because wvw is going down the lost cause path, it’s akin to the CDI threads that didn’t go anywhere except to say “we care about your feedback”, but nothing is put into motion.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

imo 2 months is to much… some servers will be in pain due imba matchups and bad linkings.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Then your view will be even less represented. That kind of the problem of the “not vote” vote your point of view becomes all the more less important.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

These polls are better than our national election.
Which i don’t go to, since noone deserves my vote.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

imo 2 months is to much… some servers will be in pain due imba matchups and bad linkings.

2 months is long enough that bandwagoning to those servers linked to T1 will still be worth it. So gem sales for transfers will continue — every 2 months. Not surprising this is the route they took.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

ic now :\

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I’d much rather have polls and devs that actually respond to forum threads then what we’ve seen in WvW the first three years.

Remember bloodlust, season 2, season 3, 300g for one commander color, DBL?

All of this was done without much feedback from a majority of players.

Would you really like to go back to the way it was before? This is the best of times in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I haven’t been following the polls, someone mind explaining to me why op feels this way/what they’re talking about?

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

option A, B and C are presented to players, Anet choosed D option due vote results.

i think it was this.

in WvW

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

I haven’t been following the polls, someone mind explaining to me why op feels this way/what they’re talking about?

The results from the poll were

(Factoring out “Ignore my vote” selections)

38.1% Re-evaluate every 1 month
15.9% Re-evaluate every 2 months
28.9% Re-evaluate every 3 months (this is the current default)
5.5% Re-evaluate every 4 months
11.6% Re-evaluate every 6 months

In response to this, ANet’s interpretation was to split the difference between the two most popular options and to re-evaluate every 2 months.

Personally, I think that is a sensible and defensible interpretation (though it is not the option I chose).

A majority did want a shorter matchup, and they delivered to that. A sizeable minority also wanted the default/current length of matchup and they paid respect to that preference as well by splitting the difference between the 1 and 3 month preferences.

in WvW

Fay.2357

In response to this, ANet’s interpretation was to split the difference between the two most popular options and to re-evaluate every 2 months.

Personally, I think that is a sensible and defensible interpretation (though it is not the option I chose).

A majority did want a shorter matchup, and they delivered to that. A sizeable minority also wanted the default/current length of matchup and they paid respect to that preference as well by splitting the difference between the 1 and 3 month preferences.

Honestly, that’s pretty reasonable. You know what they say though: “A good compromise leaves everyone angry.”

in WvW

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Even checking (or writing in) “None of the Above” is better than not voting. If that is your vote than vote it that way whether here or in any other election if that is how you feel.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Even checking (or writing in) “None of the Above” is better than not voting. If that is your vote than vote it that way whether here or in any other election if that is how you feel.

Not in Anets world since they dont count them lol.

Anyway, the latest poll was fine. It was a compromise that wont please everyone, but the votes where literally split in half.

The vote before that however… well we all know how that went. Had they repeated it on this one (say, 70% voted one months but hey lets do three months instead!) I would have lost all faith in Anet too, but they didnt. It’s something.

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Should’ve just went with the majority… but then again, I voted for 1 month too so…

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

Should’ve just went with the majority… but then again, I voted for 1 month too so…

Well, there was no majority (no option > 50%), so I think they did ok.

Any choice would have been not chosen by most people. Splitting the difference between the most popular 3 is fair enough.

I also chose 1 month.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Ah. Back to GW1.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

option A, B and C are presented to players, Anet choosed D option due vote results.

i think it was this.

This is just wrong. Relinking every 2 months was one of the options on the poll. Anyone who is Q.Qing because they think it wasn’t an option doesn’t have a right to be upset because they couldn’t even be bothered to read all of the possible responses to the poll

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Question, what is the purpose of linking?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Zulika Mi Nam.1092

Zulika Mi Nam.1092

Yes OP sit out like a spoiled little brat that cries because he or she doesn’t get what they want. No you don’t deserve a trophy for finishing dead last get over yourself.

I wrote one unedited sentence to start this topic, not sure how you all of that out of it.
I have not been called a brat in about 50 years – thanks.
I did not vote in the last poll or the one before it.
Hopefully you won whatever it is I finished last in.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

to make wvw feel not empty

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Fay.2357

Well, there was no majority (no option > 50%), so I think they did ok.

Any choice would have been not chosen by most people. Splitting the difference between the most popular 3 is fair enough.

I also chose 1 month.

Yeah, that’s the key: all options were under 50%. In most normal voting schemes, this usually signifies a revote or a move to some other method of determination. Splitting the difference was a good choice.

in WvW

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

It serves two purposes, 1) give players in empty servers more people 2)to act as a auto-balance of teams.

As to op, Last poll was pretty much averaging the votes so I don’t see much problem in it. The one for the Mixed Borderland where they chose no with 69.7% voting yes, yeah that’s really foolish. I can understand there trying to make people happy but people are going to complain even if its 24% unhappy with the outcome, and now they have 69.7% unhappy..

Sitting out however just removes any chance of you having any choice in the further of this game mode. Instead of sitting out on the system, you should be complaining about making the majority 51%